Lewis and Clark Ford

316 Capitol St, Yankton, South Dakota 57078 Directions
Sales: (605) 664-2000

1 Review of Lewis and Clark Ford

November 01, 2018

"DO NOT buy from here. They are dishonest."

- Travis

I purchased a used vehicle, 2014 Ford F-150 Platinum, from Lewis and Clark Ford. In the negotiations it was agreed that Lewis and Clark Ford would pay the tax title and licence since I was putting all of my savings as a down payment. In reality the entire deal hinged on them covering the Tax, Title, and Licence because they were not willing to negotiate the price of the vehicle down but were willing to pay tax, title and licence. During signing of the financial documents I did not see where this was listed so I inquired numerous times and was told it had to be shown a certain way on the paperwork so that they didn't show a loss on the vehicle but I was assured that it would be taken care of. When I went to register the vehicle I was informed that Tax, Title, and Licence were never paid. I have spent 2 weeks trying to resolve the situation with the salesman, finance department and the sales manager. No one returns my calls and finally today I was told there is nothing in the contract for Tax, Title and Licence and they could not do anything for me. I put all of my savings down on this vehicle and now I am expected to pay an additional $2000 for tax, title and licence that were supposed to be paid by the dealership. After looking at reviews on line it appears that this is not the first time they have done this and it shows a pattern of dishonesty that needs to be addressed.

Cory, Jan, Brandon