McKenna Volkswagen Cerritos

Tessa Riedy

October 03, 2017

"Consumer Beware"

- Jorge

The right rear taillight on my 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan stopped working while on a trip to Las Vegas, NV the weekend of 09/17/17. No warning message to alert me appeared in the message center in my console. Another motorist alerted me. I visited the VW dealer in Las Vegas, they stated it was most likely a faulty bulb which should be a simple fix. (Bulbs are not covered by warranty) I purchased a new bulb from the dealer but I did not have a chance to replace it. We returned home with one working taillight. On 09/21/17 the information center and light on the dash indicated to check both rear taillights. Since neither of the taillights were working, I decided to stop using the car. I went to my local VW dealer in Cerritos, CA on 09/25/17. At this point the left taillight was now working and the only one. (Warning light in dash no longer showing) I left the car with Debbie from the Service Department. I receive a call later in the day and according to Debbie, the wires experienced water damage due to an improper installation of the wire holder and gasket. (both sides) She asked if the car was involved in a collision, which of course it has not (I wish there was a way for their technicians to identify a vehicle that has been in an accident). She claims both taillights were tampered with. In other words, I am responsible for the damage! No one has tampered with the car. The new bulb I purchased from the Las Vegas dealer was still in the center console. I cannot believe what they are saying to me. Debbie also mentioned that it could not have been at time of manufacturing or assembly but that they would forward this to a VW engineer for review. Debbie called me back on 09/26/17. The VW engineer reviewed pictures of the damage and determined the tampering was not at the time of manufacturing or assembly of the car, quote “They are not assembled that way”. She further advised that this incident would not be covered under warranty. Later that afternoon I went back to the dealer, I asked them to show me the damage. The shop foreman Joe unassembled the right taillight. He pointed out the wire being pinched up against the gasket and the car. This allowed the water to leak in and damage the wiring. Also, the gasket was showing an imprint of the wiring that was pushed up against it and although he did not unassembled the left taillight, Joe claimed is was hanging on by a thread. He made it clear that the Tiguan is not assembled that way, he has never seen another car with same damage so it could not have been VW’s fault (Further insinuating that I was responsible). I asked to see another car to verify the rear taillight assembly. He did not have another Tiguan model as mine available, unbelievable! I have supposedly reached the top of their chain of command. I was given a quote of almost $900 to fix the issue. I could not believe it! Instead of them standing by their product and covering it, they place the blame on the consumer accusing them of being a liar. My fault was going there in the first place. I left with the car and are now stuck with the issue.( at the risk of my safety and others) I hope I am the only one that has had this problem. If I am not alone, please comment. Who in the heck un-assembles a new car and puts it back together? Nonsense. !Unbelievable!

Debbie

September 02, 2017

"Just Horrible"

- Nicole M

We went to this dealer to buy a used Jetta. Our salesperson was Tessa Reidy. We agreed on a price of $12,500 and put $5000 down towards taxes and the rest towards the principal. No talk of a warranty. Very quickly Joe Serpico called us in and said he had a wedding to go to could we just do the paperwork quickly. Huge Mistake. When the loan paperwork came it said we owed $13,347.83. They put the car through at the original price and paid tax and licensing and put all the rest of our downpayment $3600 towards a 5 year limited warranty. Which we had no paperwork for and usually goes for $800. They refunded our money after 8 weeks and many phone calls. We complained to the general manager Stu Green who did't care and wasn't helpful. Didn't offer us anything and was openly rude to us. Other issues with the car: The DMV tags where stolen off car at dealership They dealer took the mats out when they washed it and wouldn't replace Open warranty issue Front headlight was missing parts. Cerritos wanted to charge another dealer closer to me said it should be covered in full by the dealer you purchased it at.

Tessa Riedy
Joseph Serpico
3.0
Other Employees : Stu Green. We were told he was the highest manager we could talk to and no one would supply an other names or phone numbers.

August 29, 2017

"Irresponsible Service Department "

- Michael A Garcia

I took in my 2017 MK7 Golf R for a service because my Lane Assist feature was not functioning. I was helped by Debbie Moon. Debbie never once did a walk around on my car to inspect for damage and i have the paperwork to prove it. She took my car on a Wednesday and I didn't end up getting it back until Friday, no problem there since they diagnosed the problem and ordered the parts to replace the faulty ones. I didn't mind the wait at all and they even gave me a loaner to drive around in the mean time. I picked it up and washed it on Saturday, the next day. I noticed that when I was cleaning my dash board, there was a noticeable scratch on my console. I only use microfiber rags to wipe down the inside of my car and that scratch was never there before, mind you I have only had the car brand new for 1 month. I am then washing the outside of my car and I notice that my right front wheel is scratched. I call Mckenna Volkswagen of Cerritos right away and they say I have to make an appointment with Rick the Service Manager. I made an appointment for the following Wednesday. I get there and Rick approaches me and we go outside to take a look at the car. I begin to explain to him the situation prior to dropping off the car and he immediately interrupts me and tells me in a rude manner that he doesn't want to hear any of that. That all he wants to hear about is what they did to the car. So I stop and begin to explain the damage done to the car. As soon as I point out the damage he immediately claims that there was absolutely no way that they could have scratched my dashboard. He said that they never had to enter my car to replace my windshield even though I found used oil rags in my car afterward and they had to reset the sensor in the windshield. So he claimed that there was absolutely no way they could have scratched the inside of my car, he didn't even consider it as a possiblility for a second. So I guess the scratch just magically showed up on my dash and it must have been some kind of weird coincidence. Next, I try to show Rick the damage done to my wheel and I was not surprised when it didn't even take him a second to deny it yet again. He claims that there was no way that they could have gotten curb rash on one of my wheels because he claimed that never drove my car off of the lot. This is a complete lie on his part. Debbie Moon, the service advisor who helped me, told me specifically that the mechanic had to drive the car on the street in order to make sure that the Lane Assist feature was working properly. Rick never worked on my car and he had no idea what went on with my car. He just straight out denied the claims about them damaging my brand new car. Rick became offended when I interrupted him when he was talking and he walked away from me, even though he interrupted me rudely at the beginning of our conversation. I have no idea how someome who is so emotionally sensitive is the manager in a service department. He clearly lets his emotions get in the way of his decision making, rather than going based off of facts. I dont think that him getting offended over nothing really justifies him not takimg responsibility for their actions and refusing to help my situation even though I have paperwork that proves they never did a walk around to inspect damage. Rick never placed himself in my shoes and never considered my problem as a possibility. After Rick walked away from me, I asked Debbie Moon if they just were going to all walk away from me and she says "Well you know Michael, I really think Rick would have covered the damage if you didn't argue and interrupt him." I laughed because I felt like I was talking with people in my old highschool, mind you these people are twice my age and are supposed to be professionals. If you want to bring your car in for service to a place where they will damage it and deny that they did it, the bring your car to Mckenna Volkswagen of Cerritos where they don't consider your claims and walk away from you offended if you express your opinion in the matter.

Debbie Moon & Service Manager Rick