DON'T BUY FROM MIDDLETOWN NISSAN. MORE UPDATES TO COME AS THEY TRY TO WEASEL OUT OF THIS MESS.
See my detailed review of this dealer and why you shouldn't buy from them and NEVER use their service department.
I purchased a used car from Middletown Nissan and it's been a poor experience to say the least. Buying and financing were easy and actually pleasant. Everything else has been a failure. Now I know that they're just great at taking your money.
My car is used so I don't expect it to be perfect. The price was fair and I knew what I wanted. The car had a couple of minor issues I wanted addressed and they were documented so they could be fixed as part of the sale.
1) The taillights lights had a lot of moisture in them. They promised to fix it.
2) When I got home I discovered the second key was a blank and the remote was not programmed. They promised to fix it.
3) The car needed an alignment which I didn't notice until I drove it in the highway long enough. The steering wheel was also not centered which should be fixed with a proper alignment. This should have been taken care of as part of the 80 point inspection they are required to complete but clearly didn't do. They promised to fix it.
I brought the car in to get the taillights, key, and alignment taken care of about a week after I purchased the car.
Middletown Nissan's answer to these issues.
1) The service department claimed they knew nothing of the taillights issue but took my car in anyway. Their solution was to put my car out in the sun to dry the taillights. I ended up having to rent a car to pickup my kids from school and they did nothing to fix my car from 8:30am to 4:30pm. When I picked up my car after they kept it all day, they told me that they would not replace the lights as it was too expensive.
I called my salesman and he got them to agree to replace the lights. The problem with that is that weeks went by and they never called. I called my salesman 6 times and he was never available to speak or would return my calls when I left messages with the receptionists. I finally told the receptionist to tell him I was tired of leaving messages and he called me back saying he never got any messages.
To his credit, he started keeping me updated. First he told me the lights were ordered from eBay but one arrived cracked so they had to be ordered again. Shame in me, that was a red flag. Then they came in and I got an appointment for today. All this took 52 days.
When I picked up my car, they had installed aftermarket lights that are nothing like the stock lights. They are black instead of silver and clearly not OEM. Tired of dealing with this place, I just sucked it up and left. Shame on me for not letting them know how wrong that was. I was just pulled over for driving without taillights because they never tested them. Luckily I didn't get a ticket but they put my life at risk driving in the dark.
2) On the first service appointment, they said that they can't do anything because this is a used car that's not a Nissan. They said I could take it to another dealer and they would reimburse me but it's not a cheap service and I'm certain they won't reimburse since they refuse to give this to me in writing.
3) They supposedly completed the alignment on the first service but the crooked steering wheel I clearly reported is still crooked and the car still pulls left at highway speeds. Even a mechanic student can do an alignment properly but somehow Middletown Nissan can't. Or better yet, they said they did but never tried.
They tried to get out of replacing my lights, replaced them with cheap aftermarket lights, didn't test them, put me at risk in night driving, almost got me a ticket, sold a car without aligning it, and gave me a blank spare key.
DON'T BUY FROM MIDDLETOWN NISSAN. MORE UPDATES TO COME AS THEY TRY TO WEASEL OUR OF THIS MESS.