I bought a $60+K certified pre-owned car and from this dealership but felt as if I was dealing with “Bargain Dan’s Discount Car Lot”. The professionalism is seriously lacking, and the sales tactics feel slimy.
1. They promised to buy out the lease that I had two months left on and that they would cut me a check within two weeks and courier it to me. It’s now been 39 days and still no sign of a check. So I am having to pay the last two months of my lease out of pocket.
2. It wasn’t until a full 10 days after I took delivery of my car that they reached out and told me that they couldn’t get the financing locked down at the interest rate that they promised me. After I told them I would just return the car they *miraculously* were able to get the financing locked and the interest rate honored.
3. The car has three pretty big cosmetic issues, two of which I didn’t see when I looked at it. Of course, I should have known to really go over it, but buying a certified preowned car I thought that they would have fixed these flaws or been more forthcoming in revealing the flaws to me. I looked up the fact page on “why to buy certified pre-owned” on their website and one reason they provide is that “Before each BMW can receive the distinction of being Certified and fully backed by BMW of North America, LLC they must be thoroughly inspected, reconditioned and approved by a BMW inspection team of BMW trained technicians, Service Managers and Pre-Owned Managers”. I would say that a major rip in the door upholstery and a dent/scratch in rear trunk deck are not “reconditioned”.
4. When I emailed to let them know that my temporary plates were about to expire and I hadn’t received permanent plates yet they told me that it was because of the “government shutdown”. Since the government shutdown is the federal government and not whatsoever impacting the State of Minnesota license plate services, I felt as thought this was an unnecessary lie to appease me – one of those things that made it feel like “Bargain Joe’s Discount Car Lot”.
5. The BMW Connected app still doesn’t recognize me as the owner of the car (a programming issue that needs to be resolved by the dealership as was explained to me by the BMW customer service line for the Connected app) despite three emails to them asking for help in getting this resolved.
6. Throughout this 39 days I have copied the Sales Manager on several emails in trying to get these things resolved and he has not responded to a SINGLE message. I would have expected at least a “we are working on it, sorry for your inconvenience” or something.
I have spent a lot of money and expected a MUCH higher level of service. I would recommend looking at other dealerships.