Purchasing a car is a challenging process and in order to prep for our car purchase. My husband and I spent a great deal of time researching the car we wanted, the price point we felt comfortable with and who we wanted to organize our financing.
Going into our purchase date, we knew we wanted a pre-owned certified 2014 or 2015 Chevrolet Traverse. We also walked into the dealership with a prequalified loan from Capital One.
We went to New Rochelle Chevrolet because they are a partner of Capital One and received fair reviews across multiple sites. However, our experience was less than favorable.
1. They have a play area for children along with water and coffee. This was extremely helpful as the process of buying the car took six hours and our son was able to play the entire time.
2. During the initial test drive and decision-making process, Joel was a friendly, competent and helpful sales agent. He didn't stress our decision to purchase the car and answered all our questions regarding the car. He also listed all potential financial responsibilities on our part which helped us make our decision to purchase.
1. After we initiated the purchasing process, we handed our Capital One approval letter over so that the finance person can finalize our approval. We made it extremely clear that we only wanted to finance with Capital One. However, within 10 minutes I received four alerts from my credit monitoring system. The finance staff took it upon himself to run our credit an additional three times without our knowledge. When we approached them about this issue, they stated they wanted to find us a better interest rate but again, at no point did we authorize this. We knew how we wanted to approach our financing. They apologized but offered no support to work with our credit reporting agencies to have these removed.
2. The entire process took six hours! On a Saturday, they only had one person who managed the closing of our contract. We just sat for hours waiting in line to be able to see him. I am 7 months pregnant and aside from water they didn't offer anything. Instead, our sales agent disappeared and the GM didn't come to apologize for the delay.
3. The car has a cracked headlight, which we were told would get repaired the following Wednesday. It is now 10 days later and they still haven't managed to schedule us in for a repair. Every time we reach out, we get a constant run around that there are no loaner cars available and that they will get back to me soon but again we don't hear from anyone. Now that the car has been purchased, they show no urgency to have us receive quality service.
I would encourage any individuals looking to make a purchase at this dealership to be extremely diligent about their expectations. Even though I thought we were, yet we still had some experiences that made us quite upset.