Northtowne Mazda

328 Reviews of Northtowne Mazda

October 13, 2017

"Steve Pheffer Review"

- ccadrian1

Bought a pre-owned car, after one month the horn quit. They fixed it and do what they say. Great experience! Steve was awesome and very kind.

July 28, 2017

"Didn't fix issue, and damaged steering wheel in the process."

- btalcox0715

Absolutely horrible (still ongoing) experience. Took my 16 Mazda 6 in for a loose drivers seat. They agreed to fix it (ordered entire new seat base), and once "fixing" it, it was actually worse than before. On top of it, they damaged the steering wheel and refused to own up to it. And on top of that, they refuse to look at the seat again, so I'm literally having a Mazda Engineer from corporate come out to inspect the car. The Service Manager, Cody, is incredibly disrespectful and does not know how to handle customer concerns and complaints, not to mention he was incredibly deceptive in trying to tell me "looks here in service records like you tried going to another dealership 6 months ago to complain about a steering wheel...", which I then quickly shot down with ALL service records I have in my glove box. General Manager/Sales Manager is aware of the situation, and having talked to him, didn't sound like he had a decision one way or the other until my car is brought back in and the steering wheel is inspected. Will never recommend this dealership or service department to anyone ever again.

Cody
June 13, 2017

"Great Experience"

- Courtney Ball

I purchased a Kia in February. My car needed some recall work. I contacted Steve Pheffer, because he had promised a courtesy car if I ever needed work. He was kind and polite. We schedule a time and when I came back, they had a vehicle waiting for me. He took care of making arrangements with the Kia Repair shop. His after the sale service was beyond great. I definitely recommend this dealership.

Jun 13, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We will always take care of our customers before, during, and after the sale!

June 09, 2017

"Best Car Buying Experience at Northtowne Mazda!!"

- standingfalcon

I have bought 3 cars now at Northtowne Mazda and they know what world class customer service is all about. Steve Pheffer has sold us 2 of the cars and is very nice, courteous, and never pushy. We never felt pressured and always felt that he was wanting to make this a right fit for us and our needs. I have also gotten to know the sales manager Tom Hinken and he is amazing! He is the first impression I had at Northtowne and the reason I have come back and will continue to come back. He is super nice and never pushy. He is honest and upfront and someone I know I can trust. He knows I am the numbers guy and he would keep me informed and there was never any bs or a game being played. He is dependable and even remembered me among many customers when I would call back in with a question. I work in sales and customer service myself and I have high expectations and they are always met. Tim McGeeney, the finance manager, is nice and very quick and efficient. He explains the questions I have but makes all the paper work seem easy and simple. Overall, I can't say enough about this team and dealership. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Jun 10, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

We are flying high after reading your review Standing Falcon! We always want to provide top flight customer service to everyone! Thanks again for your business!

May 20, 2017

"Amazed by Jason and Daryl "

- 2stealthy

For years I have worked with Jason and he has always made me feel welcome and was always a pleasure to work with. Last week I got to work with a new face - Daryl - very friendly and knew his stuff. We bring our Mazda's t this location for servicing and have always had a great experience there as well.

Daryl Adaya
Jason Chandler
May 23, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

Thanks so much for the kind words! Daryl is the newest member to our team and he is just as committed as the rest of us to providing the best experience possible to our customers!

April 26, 2017

"Steve Pheffer took great care of my daughter."

- Shadow9610!

Steve was very patient and waiting for my daughter and I to get to the dealership. He listened to exactly what she wanted and made it happen. We never felt pressure and he let us test drive and even offered to take it home and make sure we were comfortable with the vehicle. Steve made us feel like we were special and she loves her car so much. Thank you for the great service and we will be back. Jennifer Mausbach

Apr 28, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

We're so happy to hear how much she is loving her new car! You can expect the same service every time you come back to see us. Thank you!

April 19, 2017

"First time Mazda"

- Jbuck247

Not our first time coming to Northtowne but it was our first time to the Mazda lot. Steve was outstanding interacting with us on multiple days before getting us the car we were looking for. The family ownership, friendly staff, and the comfortable no-pressure approach is what makes coming back to any of the Northtowne lots an easy decision. For us, these guys are the best in town hands down.

Apr 19, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

Thank you Jbuck! We do our very best to make car buying a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Enjoy your new car!

April 07, 2017

"No Pressure. It was a breeze."

- wr3nn

Is this the real life? Is this my Mazda 3? Got a painless buy, but I swear it's reality. No, seriously. Read the whole thing. I can be a pain in the neck, but I'm blown away. I cold called on a used 2014 Mazda 3 Wednesday night and had the good fortune of peaking with Steve. I ran him through my issue on my trade, which was troubles tribulations with VW credit leasing. "Come on by whenever you can. We'd be happy to see you." 40 minutes later I was there. Steve was polite, courteous, knowledgeable, and very low pressure. I spoke with Tom, ran him through the deal, and his eye twitched when I ran him through the why of my reasoning for looking to trade. He gave me an offer on my trade, and I told him I'd walk. He came back with a better offer. Steve and Tom made every effort to be as transparent as possible to convince me that this outfit was run by straight shooters. Tom put in the inquiry. Finance company wanted 1500 down and out of pocket sales tax for the 2014. I balked at that. "I'm sorry, Tom, but I can't make that happen after tax time." "I get it, Chris. It's a lot to shell out. But dude, your credit is outstanding. I can get you into a new car and you'd probably have the same payments. I have two lenders willing to play ball." I balked at that, as my then-current finance company was reporting erroneous information to the credit bureaus. Tom was super patient and very courteous. "You're only going to have two inquiries, even if we change the car out on a different day, because it's getting a bit late. I'm sorry the bank was slow." Ten minutes later I was told I could get into a brand new purchase, 63 months at 0%. It was late. I was insistent on a manual. By the time they got the car out of the back lot, Tom and Steve had to man the fort, and a porter took me on a quick spin in a 2017 Mazda 3 sport hatchback. I got back, and Tom said "So, the bank closed, and we're both out Tomorrow. Can you have the car back by Friday at 5?" "Yes. I haven't signed a contract." To which Tom replied "Of course not man! you haven't signed yourself to anything. Bank's closed. Only thing you're signing is a loaner agreement. Think of it as an extended test drive. Bonus points if you come in Friday mid morning." So began a 36 hour extended test drive. More time revealed that the car was a revelation. But the sport trim was missing a couple things I liked about my VW, and the looks of the hatchback didn't quite sell me. I came in this morning at 9:15,was greeted by Steve at the door, and asked "brownie points?" Tom and Steve were cracking up. I asked about the SD card that made the navigation work as well heated seats. They could be added for a grand to the sport in either flavor. But after looking around at the hatches and sedans, I was set on a sedan. And then found that the sport sedans only came with steelies. The Touring was another grand more than the sedan with the heated seats and navigation, but it had a sunroof, 9 speaker bose system, leather interior, 18" wheels. It felt a solid five thousand dollars more than the Sport, and ten more than my 2016 VW. Tom ran the numbers. I balked a bit. Asked if I could have a minute to check if the insurance rates were different than the hatch. "Take as much time as you need. No pressure. We just want you to leave here feeling comfortable with whatever you leave with. I'll have the other one pulled up. Take your time." "Guys I've made up my mind. The Touring is the answer. One question though. Where was the grid?" Steve made a face and waved his hand dismissively. "That claptrap? We don't need it." At no point did I feel as though I was being pressured to do anything. There was no double-teaming. I dealt with one salesperson. One single solitary salesperson who was Steve. At no point did Steve use "the Grid." Tom was switch hitting between managing the place and filling in for finance on Wednesday evening. There was no funny business with the numbers. There was no nonsensical line item required to get Gap coverage. Tim went through every last piece with me, when the numbers were just hypotheticals on a screen and when papers were signed binding me to those numbers. At all points of my experience it was made clear that their concern for customer satisfaction came before sales numbers and revenues. The rewording of Queen comes from how low pressure and utterly painless the process was, because I was at a loss as to how to describe it. Tell your friends to do business at Northtowne. Have your friends tell their friends. No pressure? Professionalism and courtesy? Salespeople focused on customer satisfaction before sales numbers? This is the only dealer I've ever been to that has it all.

Tom Hinken
Other Employees : The nice person who answered my question about the nav system Thursday whose name I forgot
Apr 10, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Enjoy your new Mazda 3!

April 03, 2017

"Very happy with purchase and sales staff"

- Brenda

I went on line to look at inventory. I did communication with Steve Pheffer made appointment to see him and he had inventory selection ready for me to look at. I am very happy with my purchase and with Steve's help. He was very helpful and listened to what I wanted in my next vehicle. I would highly recommend Steve for your next purchase. Tim McGeeney was very helpful in the finance part of my purchase. He explained all the paperwork and all information. Thank you to both for making my purchase easy and not stressful. I will recommend this dealership.This is my second purchase for the Northtowne Group.

Apr 04, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

It's our pleasure Brenda! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience!

February 24, 2017

"Very personal, smooth purchase"

- hanson123

We have dealt with Gene Barnett in the past and returned to him for our second purchase. He is very easy to work with and didn't apply the sales pressures you usually have to deal with. He worked with us in a very personal, friendly and cordial manner. He found us the auto we were looking for in the style and price range we wanted. We are very happy with our purchase and our experience with Gene and Northtowne Mazda.

Gene Barnett
Feb 25, 2017 -

Northtowne Mazda responded

Thank you for coming back to do business with us again! We appreciate the feedback.