Saybrook Ford

128 Reviews of Saybrook Ford

October 30, 2018

"Horrible Service"

- Truck Guy

I want to let people know my recent expierence with this dealership. I own a commercial landscaping company and have been a customer of saybrook ford since 2008. One of my work trucks recently purchased from saybrook ford went in for regular PM service. After I paid and walked around back to pick the truck up, i noticed a small dent that wasnt there when i dropped it off. On top of the dent in my new truck, my leather drivers seat was stained with grease. After returning home I opened the hood. The tech forgot to put the fill cap back on after the oil change. Actually dented my radiator when they closed the hood with the fill cap wedged into it. Charged me for a tire rotation and NEVER touched my tires. I spoke with the owner the following day. He was no help, actually denied everything but the dent. I will never spend another dime at this dealership in my life on sales or service. There are better ford dealers in Connecticut.

Steven Mossberg
Other Employees : Dyllon
September 11, 2018

"Ford Edge Purchase"

- l-1011

My wife and I have been long time customers of Saybrook Ford. We purchased a new Ford Fusion back in 2009 and have always got the service done at Saybook Ford. The staff has always been accommodating and helpful. Paul Visconti the service manager has always gone above and beyond to help. We recently purchased a used Ford Edge. Their have been some problems with the vehicle but Sayboork Ford have been stand up guys and have covered the issues that needed to be addressed. We will continue doing business with them for the foreseeable future.

Other Employees : Jason Falcone

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for all the kind words, we hope to continue the realationship for years and years to come.

September 07, 2018

"Scammed!!!"

- Ford271

In October of 2016 I had been searching the web looking for a used F-150 crew cab pickup truck. I found a listing at Saybrook Ford in Old Saybrook Connecticut. The listing specified that it had just come in and that it was too new to have a photo. I decided to drive from our house in Waterford to check it out. When I arrived I was greeted by a salesman named Don Whitmoore who took me into the garage when I asked about the truck. He said the truck had just come in and would be available after it was fully serviced and checked out. I was able to look under the truck and was quite pleased with the condition. I told Don I was very interested and he said he would hold it for me until I could test drive it the very next day. The next day after work I drove to Saybrook Ford for the test drive. As I walked to the driver side door I noticed 2 boxes in the bed and mentioned to Don that they should be removed before we hit the road. He told me that they were the new fender flares for the front of the truck. I then noticed the two new rear ones that were already installed on the truck. We removed the ones in the bed and took the truck for the test drive. I was very happy with the truck and it fulfilled every requirement from the crew cab to the price. I told Don I wanted to purchase the truck and he told me the only thing they needed to do is install the front fender flares and it would be good to go. The next day I met Don and General manager Doug Burt and finalized the sale. Burt went on to tell me I was buying his brother in laws trade in and that the truck was a babied vehicle and a very sound purchase. He even called his brother in law looking for the spare key that he forgot to turn in. A week ago while washing the truck I notice some very small rust bubbles on the top edge of the left rear fender flare. That Saturday I decided to sand, repair and pant the spots before they got any bigger. When I removed the fender flare the entire upper wheel well and fender crumbled off and fell onto the driveway. I literally felt sick to my stomach. It all came back to me, why there was new fender flares in the bed and how the new back ones were already installed. The holes where the rust was had been filled with silicone and covered up with the fender flares. We had been scammed! I would maybe expect this from a private Craigslist or Ebay Motors sale but from a certified Ford dealership who’s slogan is “where a handshake still counts”? I couldn’t believe it, and still don’t. I immediately called Saybrook Ford from my driveway and spoke to Andrew Quintyne the new General Manager. He informed me that Doug Burt no longer works for Saybrook Ford and listened to my story. He told me to bring the truck to the dealership and he would look at it and see if he could help us. I put the fender flare back on and took a ride to see him. He came out to look at the area and inspected the small rust spots above the flare, when I took it off his jaw dropped. He went back to his office grabbed his camera and took some photos. He told me the owner was on vacation and to give him until Tuesday for a call back. We went into his office and I wrote my information on a sticky note, he then put it on his white board and circled it a couple of times with a red marker as if it was a priority. When I never received a call Tuesday I decided to call myself and was told he had gone to lunch at 3:00 pm and never called me back. The next day after my third attempt to reach him he finally took my call to inform me that because of the warranty and the year of the truck the owner said I was basically out of luck and he wouldn’t do anything to help us. The issue I have is not a warranty issue but a VERY dishonest business practice performed by a certified Ford dealer, Saybrook Ford. Scammed!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! rust 1.jpg rust 2.jpg test drive.jpg

Don Whitmore

Saybrook Ford responded

I am truly sorry that you feel that you were taken advantage of in 2016 when you bought a 2006 pre owned truck from our dealership. We do our very best to accomodate all of our past, current, and future customers. We as a dealership apolgize that you didnt recieve a call before lunch time on Tuesday, however we were looking into all possible avenues to find out what could of happened 2 years ago. Unfortunately we could not find any proof that the 2006 truck you bought 2 years ago had any type of rust on it. We keep records of all services and any issues we may find with a vehicle sold at our dealership, and we did not find any record of rust. However we do not turn our back on any customer, so even though you are finding rust 2 years later and now have 104,000 miles on your 2006 truck, we will give you a credit towards trading it in on a new or pre owened vehicle that we have on our lot. We will use KBB trade in value, and not deduct any monies for the rust that you have on your truck. Our goal is to turn your negative to a positive, so please contact me directly at (860)388-1293 and ask for Andrew Q. Again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Ford271 responded

So it wasn't apparent that the rust spots were filled with silicone before the fender flare was installed? That went unnoticed and undocumented when the service department installed the brand new fender flare to hide the rust spot and push it through the lot? of course that wasn't documented in your records...and why are you now offering to work with me after I left a review and not while I was at the dealership?....before lunchtime? Read the review again....completely appalled by your response and offer.

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you again for your response, please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. We will always work with customers weather they decide to leave a wonderful 5 star review or a review that helps to better train our staff. Please let me know what time you are available to meet for KBB trade in value on your 2006 F150. Hope to hear from you soon.

Ford271 responded

If you go to Yelp.com (Saybrook Ford) you can see the photos of the truck the night I test drove it with back fender flares on and front not installed, and the truck the night I purchased it with both front and rear flares installed. Also you can see the giant rear rust hole filled with silicone. Again, I would think someone from your dealership would have noticed that before installing the brand new fender flares. BTW I'm in no place to purchase a different truck and have spent over $600 repairing the damage since you originally told me you wouldn't help.

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you again for your comments and again we are truly sorry that you have found a issue with your 2006 F-150 that you purchased in 2016. Like we spoke about, I can not do anything about rust on a 2006 vehicle that was purchased years ago from our store. We would not sell a vehicle with rust, and we definitely would not try to hide it. If rust occurred after driving your vehicle for a couple years and putting 2 years worth of miles on it, we are truly sorry but we can not replace fenders or paint your vehicle. I am sure that you would agree that we are a great dealership and you had nothing but a great exprence with us before this issue. We will keep our offer open, we will give you full KBB trade in value on your truck and not deduct for miles or rust. Please contact me directly at (860) 388-1293.

Ford271 responded

You did sell a vehicle with rust and you did hide it.....who filled the holes with silicone? and why would you put new fender flares ($300 +) on a vehicle that didn't need them? In a 20 month span a fender will not rust to the point of putting your hand through it and fill itself with silicone even under the worst NE conditions.

Saybrook Ford responded

We understand your concerns and hope that you can find a resolution. Please don't forget our offer if you should change your mind. Thank you for your previous buissness .

August 21, 2018

"service work"

- johns

great staff paul was very helpful the service work was done in a timely fashion the pricing was very fair i will be returning to saybrook ford in the future

Steven Mossberg

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for the kind words, we truly appreciate your business.

August 16, 2018

"Purchase of a “dog limo” for our 3 large-breed dogs."

- Dogs R Us

Great no pressure staff who are always close by and available for questions. Great selection of vehicles. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, who are fun to deal with. Very courtious staff. This was the fastest that I have ever purchased a vehicle! In and out quick! Thank you to the staff for making this a very pleasant experience and a “SPECIAL THANKS” to Ted for getting involved without hesitation! Much appreciated!

Ted Vecchiarino
Other Employees : Jason

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you so much for the kind word, we hope you and your dogs are enjoying your new vehicle, and if you ever need anything please just call us up. Thank you again!

June 30, 2018

"Service call"

- mary9429

Paul Visconti is very professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. He answers all questions and informs me of upcoming services to keep my car working to its best

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel about Paul, he is a true asset to the store and we hope to continue providing you with wonderful service.

May 24, 2018

"Purchase Used Car"

- Bella6600

I am very satisfied with my experience at Saybrook Ford. Anthony was extemely professional and very knowledgable of the cars and patient in finding exactly what I wanted. He found the perfect vehicle for my needs. I love my new Ford Escape. I am very satisfied and highly recommend purchasing from Saybrook Ford.

Anthony Garcia

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for telling us about your exprience with Anthony, he is truly a great person and loves what he does for a living. Please stop in and say hello when your in the area.

May 21, 2018

"Extremely Satisfied"

- Mark H

Mike Ramos did an excellent job working with us. He knew the stock and vehicle features, yet was not hesitant to ask his manager (Anthony Garcia) when we ran into a question outside the box. He was personable and professional at all times. We are returning customers, as well as service customers, and this is why.I recommend him for a vehicle purchase.

Anthony Garcia
Geoffrey Nichols

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for the kind words, we hope to continue earning your trust and business in the future.

May 19, 2018

"Michael Ramos"

- ARON,JOAN39

Michael Ramos was extremely professional and knew the knowledge of the cars. He went out of his way to help me set up my navigational system, etc.. My husband and I walked into the dealership yesterday interested in looking at a new Ford Escape and instantly bought one through him. He is an asset to the dealership. I would recommend him to anyone who is interested in buying a new car.

Ted Vecchiarino

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave such a positive review. We hope to continue providing you with wonderful service.

May 07, 2018

"Excellent sales department "

- Sara

I’m extremely satisfied with my experience at saybrook Ford. The sales department was very professional and pleasant to deal with. I would definitely recommend this dealership.

Arielle Ruffin
Tyron Williams

Saybrook Ford responded

Thank you for the kind words, Arielle and Tyron are truly assets to the dealership and we are lucky to have them.