Dealer Reviews

Find the best dealership for you.

Service Reviews

Find good folks to fix your car.

Cars for Sale

Find the right car for you.

Scoville-Meno Auto Plaza

Directions

Filter Reviews By Type

Showing 1 review

June 17, 2021

"They sold me a car they didn't own! When I went to..."

- onmytoesny

They sold me a car they didn't own! When I went to arrived to sign the papers, give them the check, and transfer my plates, they told me they would have the title the next day. They put dealer plates on the car and kept my plates at the dealership. After being repeatedly promised that I would have the title within a few days, they finally gave me the title 17 DAYS later. This resulted in the DMV placing a suspension order on my registration because my insurance was transferred 17 days before the plates were. That suspension will be on my record for at least 3 years. When I called Scoville-Meno about it, their salesman, Rocky, ripped up one side of me and down the other, blaming me, my insurance company, etc. I filed a complaint with the DMV, and the final report I received after their investigation showed that Scoville-Meno Auto Plaza did not actually own the vehicle until 17 days after they sold it to me. Obviously, they couldn't provide a title for something they didn't own. The DMV cited them with 5 separate violations related to my transaction. I would never recommend that anyone do business with them.

Rocky Anderson, Larry Chilson
Jun 22, 2021 -

Scoville-Meno Auto Plaza responded

Thank you for the response. We have already reviewed the details of this transaction multiple times. We did own the vehicle, however you can not process the plates until the lien release is physically in the dealership. Like all dealerships there is a timeframe between the time we take a vehicle in our possession and the time it is paid off. We responded to the DMV in a timely manner and there was no further action required of us.

1 result