Southern Oregon Subaru

Bob Adams

Matt Meade, Sales, Southern Oregon Subaru

Matt Meade

November 08, 2018

"Good technicians, nice enough if you spend money with them."

- OregonCB

I've owned 3 Subaru's now and love each one of them. I didn't buy any of them from SOS not because I don't like there sales department, but because I was able to find the right car at the right price from friends at another dealership. I have had each of my Subaru's serviced exclusively through SOS though. I was able to do a lot of the basic maintenance on my cars myself though. It's all most of them ever needed (they have been Subaru's after all! :) I recently purchased an outback and wanted an additional key for it. I was quoted a price that I knew would be hard for SOS to match at another dealership. I had my car being serviced for something else at SOS when I showed them the quote and said if they could match it, I'd buy the key and programming from them right then. If they couldn't no worries. I had to head out of town near where the other dealership was and I could buy the key and had it cut there. Regardless I would have them program it though. In the end SOS said they couldn't match the price. I said no problem, I'd buy the key and have it programmed with SOS when I returned. The price I was quoted was $269 roughly. The key has a retail price of $192.xx This would mean the programming would be roughly $78. (although the other dealer would do it for $60 along with all the others in the region. I checked by the end of this situation). A week later when I returned to have the key programmed as I said I would they wanted $130 for the programming of the one piece key and remote (again all other dealers in the region do it for $60 for BOTH) I was frustrated and wanted the key to work so I told them to program the key only which they did for $60.00. I paid $10 by debit, and used a $50 gift cert. from Subaru for an issue I had questioned after first purchasing the vehicle). The key works to start the car, but the remote doesn't do anything for it. Frustrated, I called all the other regional Subaru dealerships in the state to check there programming for the key and remote on my car. ALL of them were roughly $60. I wrote an email explaining the situation to the dealership customer relations rep who had emailed me and called by this time to ask if I was satisfied. She forwarded that email to the service manager. After 5 days and not hearing anything I emailed her again saying that I assumed the silence from him was the answer to the situation in his mind. He then replied shortly after that saying he would check to see they were competitive on there pricing. Again another couple days passes without anything more. I then received a promo email that they match prices! I have in print and can call any other dealers in the area for the programming pricing, but no offer to match that price? I forwarded the email to the manager and the customer relations rep saying how frustrating this was. I totally get that this is a small amount of money, and I mentioned that to them several times in my emails. It's not so much the money, but the principle to me and about my time being limited already. I didn't hear anything back from them again. I finally decided that I would leave a voicemail with the service manager explaining that I understood it's not a lot of money, and that I didn't want to bother them anymore (partly because it was taking my time also) but that I just wanted to know if they would honor the price match and the price that I was quoted at first if I were to buy the key there. If they would I would return and purchase an accessory I was looking at also. If they didn't want to then I wouldn't contact them again and would go to another Subaru dealership for the programming and to purchase the accessory. 5 days have passed now without hearing anything. I will be headed to another Subaru dealership for future needs I guess. I just wanted to write an honest review of what my experience was. I understand they need to make money, and I haven't spent a lot with them because I can do many of the services at home. Those that I couldn't do I had this dealership complete for me (which was always done correctly and timely) I gave them plenty of opportunities on this, and honestly spelled out what I wanted in the end which was just to have the remote programmed for the same pricing I would've received at several other dealerships retail pricing on the programming. In the end it looks like the small amount of money was a big deal to them. I'll be having my vehicle's serviced elsewhere in the future and will be driving to another Subaru dealership. My time is valuable to me but so is being valued as a customer. In short the service quality is good, but know you might not be valued as a customer in the service drive.

Bryant Kelley, Travis in service

October 28, 2018

"Always a good experience!"

- Cosmoblondie

I bought my first car from Nick in 2015 and stayed in contact with him throughout the ownership of that car. He was even kind enough to call me when he sold my original trade in to tell me it got a great home! When it came time for me to get a more practical car I believe he gave me the best possible deal and I was happy to buy soley from him again - even when buyers remorse set in he was kind and made sure I was happy in the end. The service dept is great, OBrien, Mariah and Stefan always make sure I am taken care of. I appreciate this dealsership, but these employees make it a genuine and enjoyed place.

October 28, 2018

"Second car"

- chloe.staten

Bought my second car from SOSubaru and I absolutely love them and how kind that are to customers. I will be sending everyone to nick! And a big thanks to Kevin as well!

Other Employees : Kevin Knopf