Toyota of Boardman

705 Reviews of Toyota of Boardman

January 05, 2019

"New Corolla"

- bobh802

Our buying experience was very positive. Everyone at he dealership was courteous and friendly. Jim Barth and Erica Graham were very professional and made the whole car buying process positive.

Jan 08, 2019 -

Toyota of Boardman responded

Thanks for an amazing review! We look forward to make more business with you down the road.

December 09, 2018

"Lying and deceitful dealership"

- Disappointed Customer

Preston Toyota of Boardman is the most lying most deceitful dealership I have ever dealt with. Jay Albanese (sales manager) and Kevin Bertilacel (internet sales) are the most dishonest sales related people I have ever met. I was completely misled and lied to about specific questions and information I requested. My family and I drove six hours to purchase this vehicle. We bought a vehicle with many major problems and barley made the trip back home. In less than eight hours, I traded the vehicle for the the same model and counted my losses as a lesson learned. They did smile a lot and offer me something to drink numerous times. DEFINITELY BEWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP!!!

Kevin Bertilacci
Dec 13, 2018 -

Toyota of Boardman responded

Hello Mr Mitchell, We aren't sure what else we could have done differently. We sent every picture before you made the trip, it was a 208,000 mile Honda. We checked it through our shop and it passed our safety inspection. As stated, It appears you had an issue driving at 80 mph, but you didn't call us to let us know that you were having an issue. As we always do, we would have had it checked out by a local dealer close to you. Unfortunately you traded it before we had a chance to offer that. We know we were selling that vehicle for a fair price as well. We are sorry for how the transaction unfolded. It is never our intention to have someone unhappy with us, one car deal for us is never worth it to our team. We try to always provide a great experience with a great product. Doug Peters - General Sales Manager

Dec 16, 2018 -

Disappointed Customer responded

Typical response, just what I expected. I was given a phone number to contact Doug Peters. The number went to a generic voicemail. I contacted the salesperson, explaining that I called and reached a voicemail. I gave my contact information and he said he would relay the information to Doug Peters. I don't expect that Doug will contact me so I will address your latest response. I explained to Kevin that I could not tell much from the photos because of the reflections. I asked him to let me know if there was anything more than minor scratches before I drove about six hours to purchase the car. He assured me the car was fine and it was a one owner. I have twins turning sixteen and was purchasing two cars alike except for color. After making the trip and seeing the car, I wasn't happy to say the least. My little girl was so disappointed that I decided the car wouldn't be a good purchase. After a lengthy discussion with my wife and daughter, I reluctantly decided to purchase the car. The car had dents and scrapes in front and back of one of the rear fenders and it was rusted (definitely more than a scratch). The car also had a few small dents on the other side. On our trip home, at speeds between 70 & 80, the car vibrated violently when accelerating but smoothed when coasting. There were times I didn't think the car would make the trip back home. While in the area, I purchased another car from a reputable dealer in Cleveland with well under 200,000 miles and in almost perfect condition. Once we made it home, I realized we had made a big mistake. I contacted another reputable dealer with the same type car and traded the bad choice that I made. This car has well under 200,000 miles and is in almost perfect condition. I now have two great cars alike except one is black with gray interior and one is gray with black interior. I paid the same price for both cars which was in the same price range that I paid for the bad choice from Toyota of Boardman. I got $2,500.00 less for the car than I paid originally when purchasing it from Toyota of Boardman. Toyota of Boardman tries to make it appear like they are concerned but they haven't even taken the time to contact me. They are only concerned about their reputation. Take it from me, BEWARE OF THIS DEALERSHIP!!!

October 19, 2018

"Buying a new Toyota "

- Yjp

Everything about our experience at Toyota of Boardman was very positive. We had a wonderful salesperson, Jim Barth, who took a lot of time explaining the vehicle and all the safety features. He helped us get financing and he had the car ready for us to take possession of in a very timely manner. I trust Jim and the dealership. As far as I’m concerned there is no reason to go anywhere else.

October 19, 2018

"Easy and productive car buying "

- Pete5

Jim Barth is an excellent salesman. He has a laid back manner, good listener, and made it easy for us to find what we were looking for at a fair price.

October 17, 2018

"Best staff and LOVE my new Toyota rav 4 lease "

- Lexirae001

Jay the manager was so very helpful and bubba were very friendly and were very honest two men I could trust as a single woman leasing a vehicle on her own! Very reliable people ! I couldn’t have asked for better people to lease my vehicle from for the second time! I have been living in cleveland for 4 years and I make a special drive just to Boardmen to lease my vehicles !

Mike Kirkwood
September 21, 2018

" employees dealt with"

- kpc

Jim Barth was very helpful and knowledgeable with us while picking out our new car. He was not pushy and he listened to my concerns in purchasing our Toyota highlander.

September 01, 2018

"Brought car in for service and instead bought a new one"

- Tina’sRav4

Just browsing but was introduced to Jim. He was very helpful and efficient so we leased a new rav4. Eric was fast and efficient as well as thorough.

July 30, 2018

"Knowledgeable and courteous service"

- Free Popcorn

Staff helpful and friendly--enjoy refreshments and free car washes when getting car serviced--no problems or aggravations--thoroughly explained all elements of the purchase and all details of the new car.

July 20, 2018

"Expectations exceeded!"

- BrussB

Outstanding customer service. Forthright negotiations. Seamless transactions. Highly recommend working with Jim and Jason, expectations exceeded! We are so happy with the purchase of our new vehicle and the experience at Toyota of Boardman.

July 09, 2018

"Hands down best experience I’ve had with a dealership"

- Estep342

It was easy to give a 5 star rating, I was in and out in no time and the car I looked at online exceeded my expectations when I got there.

Kevin Bertilacci