Recall service and oil change on my 2018 MDX - TJHARKRIDER
Great job done by Nick. He was waiting for me at my scheduled appointment time and kept me informed as they went thru the process of completing the recall work and the oil change/service. I've purchased three new Acura's from Jackson and their service department is right up there with the sales department!
Top Reviewed Specialists At This Dealership
New Cars Sales Rep
Internet Sales Rep
Great Experience - Grizzy92
First time working with Nalley and it was a great experience. Chris was the ultimate professional and was very knowledgeable throughout the process. We will be looking for our next vehicle here also. Thank you again Chris and The Nalley Acura team!
Sales - 9 years
Customer Service at it worse - Iyiola
Re: Customer Service at it worse
I am writing to complain about the worse customer service that was rendered to me at your esteemed establishment on 10/27/18 at about 10am. I have been a dedicated customer of Acura Carland for about 15 years now. I have bought three vehicles from your dealership (one TL & 2 MDX) and these vehicles were serviced without a problem until I came in on 10/27/18 and met your service manager Jamie Pierce.
I came in for a routine oil change for my 2015 MDX, when I was advised by the service adviser Mr. Morgan my tires are worn and need to be changed. I asked the service adviser if those tires are less than 30,000 miles and are under warranties, he said NO. I then asked him why Acura Carland sold me a set of tires without warranties. The reason I bought and service my car here is so that I don’t have to worry about not being under warranty. These set of tires were bought at your dealership on 12/19/2016.
I then asked to speak to the service manage. I was introduced to Jamie Pierce. Mr. Morgan explain to Jamie this customer wants to know why he was not advised on the set of tires that he bought was not under warranty at the point of sale.
Jamie Pierce looks at me, with not even a hello or Hi said these words “I see you are frustrated rolling your eyes, but I will not give you a free tire”. I was surprised at his response.
I have been patronizing your dealership for over ten years and I have never asked for anything free not even a discount unless offered. For Jamie to think I am looking for a FREE tire is insulting and offensive. To be clear, all I asked for was an explanation as to why I was sold a set of tires without a warranty. If you review my purchase history, you will see that this is not the case in any of the vehicles that we have purchased.
I was greatly disappointed with this bad experience at your establishment. I hope you shall take the appropriate actions to ensure there are no repeats of such a horrid experience to your customers.
Service Overcharges and Too Aggressive On Repairs - Two Acuras
I've had several situations such that I'll never go back:
1) My MDX is knocking on 90,000 miles which is a major service event. Ed Voyles Acura quoted:
- Ethanol Treatment for $26
- Timing Belt Replacement for $1,500
- Rear differential service for $130
A quick Internet search suggested having this done was a good idea but for much less!
I called Ed Jackson Acura and they quoted:
- Ethanol Treatment: Free! (included in another service item)
- Timing Belt: $899
- Rear differential service: $109
Needless to say, I went to Ed Jackson and saved over $640!!!!!
2) My MDX had a service message that the battery was bad. The service tech told me the problem was in the device that is in line with the battery cable that *detects* a battery failure (not the actual battery) and quoted me over $400 to replace it! The service message popped up only once and had all the earmarks of a "lets see if it happens again before we do anything as a test of the battery shows the battery is good so a very low risk don't-do-anything-right-now solution".
A good service person would have told me my battery is fine (which he did) and let's see if we see that message again before we ask you to drop $400 (which he did not). He even seemed disappointed that I didn't want to move forward on it!
3) There were several other items (transmission service not done properly and denting the car during service (which they did fix but required another trip and I'm sure they still think they didn't do it which I'm POSITIVE they did as my wife knows EVERY scratch and dent on her car!
Needless to say, my service business is now with Ed Jackson Acura moving forward! I could look past most of their issues, such as revolving service reps, but the $600 price difference in the Timing Belt, even when I mentioned that seemed high, was the straw that told me to look elsewhere. Too bad as all of our cars are Acuras and I don't see us changing that anytime soon!
Pre-Owned Cars Sales Rep