"They deceived us."
We wanted to put a hold on a car we were interested in. Salesman suggested putting down a deposit, which we did. A couple of hours before our appointment to finalize the deal, we got a call - "unfortunately we sold the car, had a higher offer…". Lessons:
1. DO NOT give Maxon a deposit for a car.
2. Maxon WILL NOT hold the car for you.
3. Maxon WILL SELL the car to the first buyer meeting the price.
4. Your deposit only helps Maxon. It forces a new buyer to BID ABOVE the listed price and buy NOW.
5. And you will have to TRAVEL BACK to Maxon, in-person, to get your deposit back.