"CONS:• Charged $1,295 for ridiculous useless SWAT..."
• Charged $1,295 for ridiculous useless SWAT tracker. Say it can’t be removed (Lie), won’t sale car to you without it. Other RAM dealers say its unethical. Even Chapman finance said its a revenue stream & they shouldn’t do it. Used sales management, "Sign agreement or won’t sale you car". Is this appropriate from RAM franchisee?
• Confusing communications; wrong names, wrong emails, etc. Sales Managers useless (No contact) communicating.
• Told shipping charges $600; then $800. Had to request invoice many times.
• Dealer did not pay off my trade, so far (10 days later)
• (Distance purchase) Damage not disclosed; delay sending pictures
• (Distance purchase) Detail so-so. Had to clean it myself...found lip balm, leather not wiped, headliner smudged.
• Had to pay for 2x delivery: New vehicle to me & trade to them
• They provided SiriusXM Guardian with wrong sale date. Would not correct with SiriusXM as of 10 days. 5 or 365 day trial left.
• Below standard dealership one star. If not for Fidel’s step in help would be ‘Zero’ stars.
• RAM is a great product. Buy from someone else
• Good price for a 2020 CPO vehicle with 4800 miles
• Fair price for trade
• Delivered on time as stated
• Delivered with full tank of gas
"Don't bother calling first to set up a test drive, they..."
Don't bother calling first to set up a test drive, they will sell the car from under you for a faster sale! My husband and I went to go purchase a used Jeep on the lot that I saw online. I first, contacted the dealership, made sure it was available, told them we were a cash buyer and on our way to test drive. The salesman gave us some info on it and told me they would give it a rinse and it would be waiting when we got there. 25 minutes later I received a text message from a salesman, Mike H. they sold the car to someone else when we were 10 minutes away. When I asked 'what?
How does this happen?', he gave an excuse, when he should have at least called me personally and apologize. What they should have done was hold the car since we were going out of our way to drive down just for that car and we had done our due diligence, confirmed it was available and confirmed we were on our way cash in hand. I mean when they tell you, yes it is here and it can be yours, that's what you expect; not have it sold from under you in 25 minutes, and not a passive aggressive text saying we can't stop someone from buying it but, we have another one that is more money available; which sounded like a bait and switch to us. Well, they lost a customer, I will be sharing my experience and never buy from them.