Acura of Troy

Acura of Troy
Call
Acura of Troy Info

Suburban Acura

"Don't bother with Acura of Troy"

So I walk into the Acura dealership in Troy, MI. The dealership is devoid of any customers (as far as I could tell, anyway) and I'm guessing that all of the salespeople were at their desks doing whatever. It was the only dealership that I visited where nobody bothered to greet me. By the time a salesperson spoke to me, I had already done a loop around the showroom and had opened up a vehicle to see the interior. At that time, I was greeted and that was it. After I finished my second loop around the showroom floor, I approached the salesperson that had said 'hello' to me and asked him if he had a minute to answer a couple questions. He did so, but at an absolute minimum. I would still like to give him credit as he was the only employee to speak any words to me. I don't know if it was the fact that I appear young than I am, if it was the fact that I wasn't wearing my nicest clothes or the fact that I am a woman - but I most definitely got the feeling as if I was profiled and therefore not worth their time. Little do they know that I have enough money to my name to purchase a handful of brand new Acura's, on the spot, in cash. Your dealership really screwed the pooch on that one, Acura of Troy! Moral of the story is - if you're looking to be treated with respect and to have an enjoyable car shopping experience, DO NOT GO TO ACURA OF TROY. Unless of course, you're an older male that projects the appearance of sleeping on a mattress made of money, then I'm sure they will swoon all over you.

NO CLUE AS THEY ALL REFUSED TO SPEAK WITH ME, LET ALONE GIVE ME THEIR NAME OR ASK FOR MINE

"I took my car in for service and received a loaner that..."

I took my car in for service and received a loaner that is a year newer and AWD...now I'm trying figure out a way to keep it.

Greg & Meghan

"I purchased a brand new 2001 Acura MDX in its first model..."

I purchased a brand new 2001 Acura MDX in its first model year. I took the car for its initial scheduled maintenance to the service department at Acura of Troy, Michigan and I have been a loyal customer ever since. I finally donated my Acura to charity this week at 175,000 miles. I don’t want to turn in my car without letting you know about the exceptional service I have received from Acura of Troy over the past 10 years. Service manager Greg Platz, service advisor Jennifer Brankiewicz and the rest of the Acura team have established a standard of service over the years that has been unmatched by any other dealership I have encountered. They are flexible with their scheduling, prompt and accurate with their estimates and response times and always have the customer’s convenience in mind. Whether it is a loaner, a ride home or a hot cup of coffee while I wait for an oil change, customer service and convenience is always paramount. Quality vehicle service and maintenance is provided, and my car was always returned washed and vacuumed. On the rare occasion when we had a service issue that needed to be readdressed the team immediately apologized, accepted responsibility and promptly remedied the problem. Truly, this rarely happens in a customer service environment, but it happens with the team at Acura of Troy. I also want to complement the personal touch that Greg and Jenn provide. They are friendly, warm people that take a genuine interest in and care for their customers. It has been a true pleasure working with them. I have sung the praises of the quality of service at Acura of Troy to others throughout the years. I have had exceptional service delivered by exceptional people, and it has been a pleasure doing business with them.

Greg Platz, Jennifer Brankiewicz

"I went to the dealer for a routine oil change. As a..."

I went to the dealer for a routine oil change. As a complementary service, Acura of Troy also performed an inspection stating my battery as "GOOD". The service tech even returned my car with a complementary tire plug as they had found a screw in the tire and had re-installed the passenger side blinker light (the bulb was fine, just not put in in properly). I did not ask for this, nor did they notify me of these problems before fixing them. And that's just the problem... As I was driving home, I noticed that the blinker (on the same side as the light bulb that was re-installed) started to blink double-time. I called the dealership as soon as I arrived home. Greg, the service manager said to bring the car back any time. Later that evening, I tried to start the car up to run some errands, only to find the battery was completely DEAD. I brought the car to Acura of Troy the next morning. Acura of Troy completely denied that their mechanic replacing the light bulb and the subsequent increase in speed with which the blinker ticked had anything to do with the battery draining. Clearly, the mechanic had shorted my battery, causing it to drain beyond repair. I was forced to purchase a new battery. Furthermore, because Acura of Troy had "fixed" the hole in my tire using a rope and glue, I was forced to replace the tire. If I had known about the problem before Acura of Troy had fixed it, I would have taken it to the tire store and had them fix the tire properly (from the inside of the tire). Instead, I was stuck with an unsafe tire. I'm extremely disappointed by the level of service I was provided. I will not return to this dealership to purchase a vehicle or to service one. I will continue to tell others of this experience. I will not stop until Acura of Troy fixes this situation.

Greg (service manager), Todd (service consultant)

"This dealer stood up for me in a difficult situation. My..."

This dealer stood up for me in a difficult situation. My 2002 MDX (purchased new and always serviced there) had 167,000 miles on it. I had brought it in for intermittent "rumble" noise about 3 years ago. They couldn't find it nor did an independent service. Never got worse until this past Januarry 2011 when the transmission seized up very suddenly as I was driving causing a dangerous situation on the road and the car could not be pushed away. I was angry and upset after finding this transmission for this model has a history of failing. The service department agreed to go to bat for me with AcuraCare and was able to have them cover the majority of the repair cost. In addition, I was now wary of a rebulit transmission but didn't feel I could afford a new car. Without being at all pushy, Tom the sales manager, gave me a great trade-in and deal on a 2008 MDX with 100,000 warranty. The salesman, Dennis, continues to give me lessons to operate my new "technology". Basically, they restored my faith in their dealership and will keep me as a customer for many years to come.

Tom (Sales Manager), Gary (Service Manager), Dennis (sales

Joan Schloop responded to this review

April 22, 2011

Sorry Greg is the Service Manager.