Atlanta Toyota

Toyota of Union City

Lynn
7/03/2015

"Dishonorable, deceptive sales"

My husband and I negotiated a deal on a new Sienna at Atlanta Toyota based on an Internet price over the phone. This included $1000 factory rebate for military vets and 0% financing. The salesperson asked us for $500 down on our credit card as we lived 3 hours away to hold the vehicle with the stock # of the specific car we wanted. He said he would have the paperwork ready when we got there. Like is mentioned in a previous post, when we got there they bring us a different car than the one we had negotiated. Then they say that they sold the vehicle that we had negotiated for "just minutes before we had called". Apparently this is a common trick they use. We were furious for driving 3 hours to get a bait and switch! Then Mike J (the salesperson) brings out some fake Internet sheets that shows me another car that "just arrived." It has a MSRP of one price with an interior of "desert sand beige" and we agree to see the vehicle. He then brings out yet a different car with a "bisque" interior with a MSRP of another price! Then they try to re-negotiate a new price! They would not honor the previous negotiated price! Then he tells me that they didn't charge my credit card to hold the vehicle (the credit card thing is obviously a ploy to get us in the showroom). This dealer makes it seem like you are making a deal running you through a false "pre-approval" process and making it seem like you are making a deal by telling you they are charging your card all to get you in the showroom. They wanted to sell us the vehicle for $5000 more! The sales manager and the salesperson (Mike J) played the good cop / bad cop routine, and Mike J lied by saying he didn't agree to our agreed upon price. There are some honest, no hassle, non-deceptive dealerships out there. This is not one of them! Of all of the car dealerships I've been to and have negotiated with, this one is the most dishonorable and deceptive one I've come across. Their sales process was nothing short of a scam. Word to the wise...do NOT attempt to buy your vehicle here!!!

Mike J

aznsensazian
6/28/2015

"Bad Experience"

I had a bad experience with Atlanta Toyota. I was there really early at 9AM and test drove the car I wanted and we were working towards a deal. I ask if I could leave to grab some food and be back in 30 minutes because I was extremely hungry. I was told that was fine and they would see me soon. I left to go eat and by the time I got back in 30 minutes, they sold the car I wanted to someone else. That is extremely bad business practice especially when I was the first to arrive at the dealership to see the car and work towards a deal with the sales person. They should have honored my visit and sales transaction even if I left to grab a quick bite and not pull the rug under me like that. I am extremely displease with the service and dealership. Go else where!

Not pointing any one person out, but you know who you are....

Intergrity
1/06/2015

"Horrific Sales Manager, Very disappointed with my experience"

We are Toyota Fans and have brought 3 cars from this dealership (2 Toyota Camrys & 1 Toyota Sienna). Walked in thinking I will get the best price, no stress as in the past... but unfortunately the experience was NOT SO this time around. There is a newly promoted Sales Manager named Mohamed, who is not customer oriented. Initially he seems nice enough, I thought he offered me the best price....... but when I decided to check out his offer, I discovered that he was not telling the complete truth about the leather I wanted to add nor did he give me the best price. They also play games about not able to share their offer on paper with you because " it has private information on it." When I asked what private information is on it, I was told it has the salesperson's name and Vin# on it .... which you and I know are not private information. Vin#s posted on internet sales all the time... I visited 2 other dealerships( Milton Martin Toyota & AutoNation Toyota Mall of GA, both demonstrated great customer service and integrity. Gave me copies of information I needed, no high pressure sale - which Atlanta Toyota tried on me. "Buy it today or no deal ...." In the end, we brought at Milton Martin - doc. fees were only $399, great sales manager - upfront and sincere. If you are still shopping - please do yourself a favor and check both AutoNation Toyota and Milton Martin Toyota.

Winston Murray, Andy Hwang

smjoublanc
6/24/2014

"Great Dealership and Even Better Staff!"

The reason I was shopping is because I was in an accident where my vehicle was totaled by another driver. I came in to specifically look at a used BMW I had found on Autotrader. Tresphor, a salesman, was quick to help and get me to test drive the car I wanted to see. After my test drive, Tresphor was not pushy at all but was quick to review prices and service records with me. I had a pretty strict budget due to an insurance check and Tresphor was able to compromise in price and help me out a lot!! The car needed to be cleaned a little on the inside but I needed it in order to go to work the following day. Tresphor allowed me to take the car that day and then drove to my office several days later to pick it up to be detailed. He returned it later that day! Great customer service and great vehicles! They really care about your needs and will make everything very convenient for you. When going to Atlanta Toyota, I highly recommend requesting Tresphor because he is so nice, helpful and will really listen to you and accommodate whatever you may need!

Tresphor Chikumo

AlexEsp
3/09/2014

"We went in with the intention to buy a new car for my..."

We went in with the intention to buy a new car for my wife, were greeted and help by Anish (salesperson), very pleasant guy, we explained to him our situation and what we wanted, he was eager to work with us, diligently showed us various models of Camry , and also directed us towards the Corolla as a plan B. He made the "leg work" and when it was time to go to the financials we were presented to Mohammed (Financial Manager) he was very pleased at first (of course he will have some commission coming from our purchase). Then as he discovered that he "mixed " our paperwork with somebody else's and find out that getting a loan for us will require more work that he had expected his attitude changed, an he undermined Anish and blame him for the paperwork mix, then he ask us for more down payment so he may get us a deal...finally he said no deal an instead of presenting a different option for us, who would have contributed to part of his paycheck he show us the door and sort of "kick us out". He really lacks people skills, is arrogant and for sure is not a good ambassador for a great name as Toyota and more for a dealer ship like Atlanta Toyota. I am a previous Toyota owner and my next car is going to be a Toyota, but I will never buy it from Atlanta Toyota.

Muhammed (Financial Manager)

Clpeterson
2/07/2014

"They were great. They were definitely lower than..."

They were great. They were definitely lower than "low" Toyota and butler. I had a very quick experience as I didn't have to wait long for me to purchase the vehicle. I was going to go to world Toyota next but it seems there was no need.

Mike tart

dany2006
10/06/2013

"My experience at Atlanta Toyota was awesome. We were..."

My experience at Atlanta Toyota was awesome. We were helped by Winston Murray he took extra time showing us different options within our budget. Buy a car is something that can take a little time deciding on the perfect one (many different options to pick from in there lot.) other dealers either didn't have the time to look for the type of car we wanted or didnt have the color choices we were looking for. On the other hand, Atlanta Toyota Mr. Winston Murray did many runs to different cars to make sure he had what we wanted.During the wait of the process: they had TV to keep us from being bored and kids play room.This is the 4th time we have purchased a car from this location: 1. Best service 2. Variety of Choices to select from. 3. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH A TOYOTA (maintain it well, the car will last you & Winston's experience!

Winston Murray

JasonGoede
6/12/2013

"I purchased a 2004 Toyota Sienna from Atlanta Toyota..."

I purchased a 2004 Toyota Sienna from Atlanta Toyota about 9 months ago. About 3 weeks after my purchase the Check Engine light came on and I had to take it in for service. It was discovered that the Van was burning oil (about 1Qt every 500 miles). When I mentioned this to the Salesman he commented that it was not a big issue (no offer of assistance). Last month the check engine light began flashing and the code indicated the engine was not firing on all cylinders. A mechanic tested the engine and there is now no compression in one of the cylinders (at least a $5k repair). When I called Atlanta Toyota to discuss the issue they put me in contact with a Salesmen who said they would "allow" me to trade in my van... I asked to speak to the Used Car manager, and was told he would give me a call. He never called. VERY, VERY, VERY disappointed. I would not recommend buying from Atlanta Toyota.

Kevin Miner

Mdholtzclaw
4/23/2013

"I was considering purchasing the Scion FR-S. Made an appt..."

I was considering purchasing the Scion FR-S. Made an appt with Internet sales rep to TEST DRIVE the vehicle. Arrived and was told that test drives are not allowed unless I was buying the car... I am not sure why anyone would decide to buy a sports coupe without driving it first. After I was allowed to LOOK at the vehicle, I requested a quote and additional info on the vehicle and was directed to the manufacturer's website and told that the price was listed there. Horrible service but it made my decision easy. Hyundai Genesis here I come! After this experience I would not consider a return to this dealership.

Shelby Jackson passed me off to another sales person

GrandChan
4/07/2013

"I submitted an online inquiry about the used car I wanted..."

I submitted an online inquiry about the used car I wanted and explained my stats with what I had for down payment and what I was pre-approved for. I knew it would be a long shot to get the car I wanted at Atlanta Toyota but low and behold they wanted to make it work and give me an astounding value for my trade-in. So I drove 700 miles to make this deal work. Turns out when I get there, there are some issues with my trade-in. Despite all of this they STILL honored the deal. Seriously, I would not have blamed them if they couldn't have but they didn't even try to fight me on it like every other dealer in the world would have. I was so impressed and happy with the integrity and professionalism ever step of the way by Stephen. It was a smooth transaction and as arduous as buying a car can be, it really went forward as clean as possible. Beyond that, I LOVE X5 I got from them. Typically, people don't write reviews unless they're pissed off but and either would I but I'm so impressed and happy I just have to. If anyone wants to ask me any questions I'll be happy to answer. I live in Florida and would happily go back up there to buy my next ride. -Grand

Stephen Oliphant

Atlanta Toyota responded to this review

April 09, 2013

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and our customers! I truly believe our sales staff is the best in the business and after reading your review I'm an even bigger believer! We look forward to helping you out with your next vehicle and appreciate your business and kind words.