Auto Exchange

Auto Exchange Info

Tony
12/19/2015

"Not very honest"

Vehicle was delivered and was not in good shape. Once delivered is was found to have numerous rock chips that were attempted to be touched very poorly on the hood. Also, has two large chips on the drivers door that were touched up with paint that did not match. The drivers door was not lined up correctly and is rubbing on the fender when we open and close the door. I am a regular consumer and I noticed all this within a week. The dealer required me to give them a deposit over the phone and stated that it was nonrefundable. Had it not been for this I may have rejected the vehicle but after discussing it with my wife she decided she could live with it so we kept it.

Matt

Tony responded to this review

December 21, 2015

It ended up that the vehicle was not involved in an accident but that the door had either been caught by hitting something or by the wind and bent back into the fender. I still stand by my negative feedback because this should've been fixed prior to the vehicle being delivered. It cost me an extra $500 to fix this after I received it. I had to have the vehicle taken to a body shop to have the door removed and realigned and then have the pain issues fixed.

K. Cowell
9/10/2015

"Amazing!!"

The first thing I have to say is...5 stars is not enough for the amazing service I received....they are at the very least a 10 gold star establishment!! I went to Auto Exchange today to look at a car I had seen on their website. I called before arriving in case I needed an appointment, I was happy to hear that I could see it right away. I was greeted with a smile at the door by Jeremy, whom I had spoken with on the phone. He had the car ready and waiting, it's warm today so he had the AC cooling it before I arrived! I took it for a test drive (he asked if I wanted to drive alone or if I wanted him to go with me, most places will not ask they just go with you) I asked to go alone, he smiled and said have fun! When I got back to the lot I had a few questions about how things worked and he quickly explained everything I was unsure about. Then while we were sitting there we started talking about my past experiences with "used car salesmen" and I thanked him for NOT being like some others I have had the unpleasant experience of dealing with. I mentioned that I have walked off the lot when they got pushy, I said this in preface to telling him how NOT like them he was! We talked for quite some time, I kept apologizing for taking up so much of his time, but he said he was there to make my experience a fun/happy one. And he did! I can't remember the last time I talked so easily to a salesperson and even had many laughs! I had a few other questions after I got home so I called him and he answered them all once again! I haven't decided on the car just yet, but told him I will be buying from him even if I decide not to take this one. If you want to check out used cars in Lawrence, please do yourself a huge favor and go to Auto Exchange FIRST, you will not find a better experience anywhere else!

Jeremy

withomps44
6/19/2015

"Amazing service 1 year later... had to write a 2nd review."

I purchased my car almost a year ago (best experience I've had. LOVE the car. A week ago I had to take it in for a very rare malfunction (according to manufacturing dealer (Infiniti). I purchased an extended warranty from Matt at the time of purchase. When the warranty company received the bid from Infiniti to repair this part there was some hesitation on their part and we were worried they weren't going to hold up their end. I sent Matt a message and he called me less than 2 minutes after I sent the message, asked me what was happening, and said he would take care of it. Maybe 2 hours later the service rep called me from Infiniti and everything was approved and handled and it was all good. Even nearly a year after the purchase Matt went above and beyond to take care of a customer that he didn't have to. It's rare to experience someone going the extra mile with little to gain. I'd like to thank Matt Hendrick and Auto Exchange and absolutely recommend them to my closest friends, colleagues, and family whenever the opportunity arises, without hesitation. I can't wait to buy my next car from them. (BUT I HAVE TO) :)

Matt Hendrick

jaz
4/14/2015

"Great Experience"

I had been to sooo many dealerships. I was tired of looking. A friend talked me into stopping at Auto Exchange. WOW! Great Experience, & CAR.

Mike A. & Matt H.

derondaAA
4/14/2015

"Great experience!!"

I was very satisfied with my purchase. I got a lot more car for my money than I would have anywhere else. I went to several other dealers and felt "played"--but not here. Matt and Mike treated me more like family than a customer, and that made all the difference. I am 74 years old, and I love my sexy titanium tires! (So do my grandkids!) I would definitely do business with Mike and Matt Auto Exchange again, and I definitely recommend them to anyone.

Mike Andrade, Matt Hendrick

HSwaffo
4/02/2015

"Treated Great, Car Is Amazing!"

This deal was SO easy! Filled out credit app online and then called and spoke to Justin. He took it from there. I live in KC and the complete deal was done over the phone. Once I got to Lawrence, just did a test drive, signed the papers and I was out of there! SO EASY!. I don't have the best credit right now and they had a very fair plan to handle that in house including a complete warranty to take all the worry out of that for 4 years! I looked so many other places for almost 2 months. SO glad I waited. This VW CC looks great, always getting compliments on it. Thanks Justin! Will definitely tell others about you guys.

Justin

cdu1987
3/22/2015

"Integrity is all they Know"

Rarely do I take the opportunity to leave an extended review for anything, however, the ridiculously hard work, dignity, and compassion with which I was treated at Auto Exchange, simply cannot be discounted. While some people would exaggerate in saying that they were “at the dealership all day,” I speak in the literal when I say that these guys wouldn’t take repeated ‘no’s’ for an answer. While ensuring that they were hospitable, by delivering bottle after bottle of cold water, these guys kept the faith, and maintained a saintly-level of patience in the process. In all the transactions I have ever been a part of, my dealings with Auto Exchange have been the pinnacle of both the customer experience, and basic buyer’s comfort. But, wait there’s more! The hospitality and unsurpassed customer service offered by Jeremy Pine, and the Auto Exchange team, has continued even beyond the paperwork being signed. This team is truly not satisfied until you are 100% at ease. I never thought I would say this about a used car dealership, but I genuinely feel like I’m in “good hands,” with Auto Exchange, even after the ink has dried. I will definitely be recommending friends, family members, and anyone looking for a superbly clean, newer vehicle, to Jeremy, Matt, and Justin of the Auto Exchange team.

Jeremy Pine

Khudson
2/09/2015

"Took care from the word Hello"

Matt at auto exchange took care of us from the first "hello"! He made sure the car was right for us and made a fair deal on the price. We did an extensive test drive and even after we purchased the car and found a small problem he took care of it right away. This is our second vehicle from auto exchange, and surely not our last!

Matt

oneprice
1/30/2015

"Great Experience!"

I worked with Matt Heidrich at Auto Exchange at the recommendation of a colleague. He was fabulous! I was a reluctant shopper having lost my vehicle when someone t boned me totaling my car, and I was not looking forward to the process. He was understanding, provided pertinent advice and worked with me thru my difficult demands. He arranged fabulous financing and overcame the hurdles that were thrown at us by another difficult dealer in Lawrence. I would recommend him to anyone and have!

Matt Heidrich

withomps44
8/04/2014

"Wonderful Experience and Fantastic People. "

Could not have been more pleased. The car was thousands less than similar models in the KC area. Matt Heidrich was on the ball from my initial inquiry to wiping the stickers off the windows when we rolled out. This is the first car buying experience I've had that allowed me to feel 100% comfortable recommending to family or friends. Before you buy a used vehicle check in with Matt and Auto Exchange. Thank you to everyone there for a very great deal, a great car, and a great experience. Oh, and we arrived on the lot at 1:00pm and we were headed home with the car at 2:45pm. That includes test drives, discussing our options, price, etc... signing the paperwork, and swapping everything out from the old car. You won't sit there all day and you won't deal with a "Used car guy".

Matt and Mike