Auto Plaza USA

2000 Vince Road,
Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356
Auto Plaza USA Info
About Auto Plaza USA

Auto Plaza Advantage ** Lifetime Motor Warranty ** 72 Hour Exchange Policy ** 72 hours to shop your Rate ** Safety Inspection ** Top $$$ for your trade-IN ** State of the art sales and service

About Auto Plaza USA Learn More

Monday 9:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Duke D&K
9/21/2016

"Very pleased with the dealership!!"

My husband and I were looking for a used car, specifically a Subaru and found the perfect one for us with the excellent help of Mike Whitaker and Alex in the internet department. It was our first time with Auto Plaza, which we found through USAA and we were very satisfied with the friendly and helpfull expertise there. Very recommendable place to shop for a car!

Alex

Ehowe0001
9/03/2016

"Love this dealorship"

This place is amazing! Got us in a car with little down and a great finance plan when we came with little credit! I suggest this place to anyone and will come Back for repeat business with them. WAN was our salesman and was so polite and funny! And management is so interpersonal and very easy to work with. Never got the feeling except that they helped us to their maximum capability! Great place! Will refer everyone and anyone here!

Wan

The murphys
7/28/2016

"Awesome experience!!"

My husband and I bought a Silverado truck from auto plaza USA. Couldn't have asked for more friendlier salesperson Nic Gambrel. He was very knowledgeable and personable and went above and beyond to make our experience awesome! Thanks again!

Nic Gambel

lowend1hz
7/25/2016

"Good experience"

Needed to help my wife find a car quickly for a new job. Wan helped us out and we tried a couple different vehicles and a manager suggested another car to test drive. We ended up buying it and can't say anything negative about the experience/service to date.

JWolfe
7/16/2016

"Wasted Time And Incompetent Sales Staff"

Drove 185 miles roundtrip to buy a pickup to tow my fifth wheel. Exchanged several Emails with Maggie (Who I thought was a sales rep) to verify the equipment stated in the description was in fact, what was on the truck. Took me all of 5 minutes to determine that the unit did not have the Aisin Heavy Duty transmission, bluetooth connectivity, leather seats and upgraded stereo promised in the description. Turns out Maggie is an internet lead generator and knows little if anything about the specific vehicles. After pointing out the obvious mistakes in their description, the sales manager tells the sales rep that they're not coming off the original price. I'd accuse the dealership of using "bait and switch" sales methods but I honestly don't think they're bright enough to pull it off. Save yourself some time and hassle and avoid this bunch of ...... Read less

Daniel Roberts
7/09/2016

"My Bad Experience"

I'll start by saying that I am not someone who rants. I try to be as fair as possible when I talk about people or places or products or anything else. I did not enter Auto Plaza with any feeling of entitlement or any unreasonable expectations, only that I be treated with the honesty and respect due to any good customer. Unfortunately, this was not the treatment I received. I came to the dealership looking to trade in my vehicle for a different one and to walk out with some cash in hand. I was greeted by a salesman to whom I explained what I was looking for and he immediately went to work to see what could be done for me. So far so good. Eventually a manager came to help as well. He said he had "the perfect vehicle" for me. We went out and I looked at it and liked it, then took it for a test drive. A good vehicle, but not one that I was certain about. I wanted to look at others. That's where things began taking a turn. The manager began pushing the vehicle on me a bit and said he would work to get me a great deal on it that would enable me to walk out with $500 cash in hand as well. I still wasn't certain, but then he said that if I didn't like the vehicle that I had 72 hours to exchange it. This sounded great to me because it was a good vehicle that I would consider and the day was growing short, so I decided that I would take advantage. After a couple of days with the vehicle, however, I wasn't satisfied. It didn't drive great at highway speeds and I just didn't feel it was for me. I came back and explained this and told them I wanted to look at something else. They said they'd try to fix whatever was wrong with the car and I told them that was fine but that in the meantime I'd like to look at other cars. They eventually gave in, though I could tell that they were uncomfortable with my request. I thought it was because it was an inconvenience to them but I honestly didn't care about that because I was the customer and this is a large purchase that I should feel comfortable and secure about. I now think their discomfort was for a far different reason. Once I decided upon a different vehicle, I was treated much differently. Both the salesman and the manager kept saying things like "Really? This car?" as though I were a stupid child and then the salesman made a comment about it that suggested that such a car would be a great for birth control. I don't remember the acronym he used to describe it and I didn't know at the time what it meant, but I looked it up on my phone as they were getting paperwork and saw its meaning. I felt disgusted because they were demeaning my taste in vehicles and simply because they were trying to dissuade me from performing an exchange. I'm not stupid enough to think that they would use that phrase to another customer if they had come in looking to buy that particular car. However, I let it slide because I decided that it was the car I wanted and their demeaning attitude towards me wouldn't work the way they wanted it to. However, once the salesman came back with the offer on the car I wanted, I discovered why they were acting the way they were. If I wanted this other vehicle, then $800 would be tacked onto the price as an "exchange fee." I couldn't believe it. I was told I could feel secure about my decision because if I wanted I could exchange the vehicle. Nothing in the paperwork regarding the 72-hour Exchange Policy said anything about a fee, but there it was. And on top of that, I wouldn't receive the $500 cash despite the fact that the vehicle I now wanted was cheaper than the first one (another contributing factor to their dishonesty, I'm sure)! I felt sickened, angry and deceived. But mostly I just felt blindsided. The cash in hand part of the deal was very important to me, so I couldn't let it go, unfortunately. I now couldn't do the exchange. I told them to fix whatever was wrong with the first car and that I'd stick with it. I then asked when I'd receive the $500 and was told it would be a week or so (something else they failed to tell me, as I expected I would get it that day). After a week I began calling to inquire about the $500, but received no response for 2-3 days. Then I received a text from the salesman who said I could pick it up the following morning. I came by that morning and waited for 30 minutes before being told that the person who needed to sign it wasn't in and I'd have to wait until tomorrow. I came back the next day and waited an hour or so before the original manager I had dealt with told me he'd get me my check. I was running short on time because I had to leave for work, so I had 20-25 minutes left to spare. I watched him talk with fellow employees, do other things, and sit at his desk during that time. I didn't know if he was asking about my money or what but finally, I ran out of time. I said I'd just come back the next day and he could see I was visibly frustrated, so he offered to have the check mailed to me. I said that would be fine. I live about 15 minutes from Auto Plaza, so I figured the check would take 2-3 days max to reach my home. I waited 2 days and nothing came. The third day nothing came. A fourth day then passed. Then a fifth. A sixth. A week. Nothing. Finally, I called to speak with the manager. I told him my check had not arrived and he told me he was with a customer and would get back with me in 15 minutes and get it sorted out. He never called back that day. I then called the next day and he wasn't in. I called the day after and, even though he was there, I was sent straight to voicemail. I left a message for him to call me ASAP. No response that day. The same thing happened every day for the rest of that week until that Saturday, when I didn't have to worry about being late for work, I decided to go there again. After 30 minutes of being ignored (again), someone finally went and got him and he, again, told me that the person who needed to sign for it wasn't in the building and that I'd have to wait until the following Monday to pick it up. He was "very sorry" and I'd get a year's worth of oil changes on them. This amounts to a total of one for me, since I don't drive all that much and put very few miles on my vehicle. I came in that Monday and almost ran out of time again (I was there a good hour and a half), but finally got my check and again was promised oil changes. To make matters worse, I was also checking my previous auto loan balance to make sure it would get paid off before I would be charged for it again once the monthly billing cycle came back around. As the due date drew nearer, I informed Auto Plaza that I would be billed again if this wasn't taken care of. I was told they'd fix the problem, but they never did and I was billed $280. Later that month I had to make my first car payment on the new car, so instead of having $100 less to worry about that month in bills, I had quite a bit more. I apologize for such a long story, but I felt it necessary to put out there. I'm sure there are many, many people who have had great buying experiences at Auto Plaza USA. I just wish I was one of them. I honestly just wish I'd been treated with care and courtesy. If I'm being perfectly honest, this was probably the worst experience I've ever had as a customer. I will not be buying from there ever again.

Nic Gambrel

TemplesofKY
7/05/2016

"A funny thing happened on the way to go back and buy a car!"

My husband and I looked at an Audi convertible at Auto Plaza (Mike Whitaker). But, the next day we bought another Audi from another dealer...and on the way home realized we had made a mistake, and noticed a major issue with the car we bought. We were able to return the car we bought; but before we could buy the original Audi we wanted from Mike - my daughter bought the car!!!! Now - when the time is right, the ONLY place we'll go is to Auto Plaza and buy from Mike! While Sales alone usually dictate the success or longevity of a salesman's career, sometimes you have to look @ the long-term...and whether or not this person will eventually bring people back! Mike makes you WANT to go there...and only there...even if you were "less-than-smart" and thought you got a better deal elsewhere!

Jamaleku
6/27/2016

"2nd car from this dealer! 2nd A+ experience!"

My wife and I have bought our last 2 vehicles from Mike Whitaker at AutoPlaza USA. No hassle, up front transaction. We will definitely be back for a 3rd vehicle!

Matthew Cunningham
6/27/2016

"Worst Car-Buying Experience Ever"

When I was looking for a new car (new for me), I found one that I was interested in for what I felt was a good deal. When I pulled up the listing online, I noticed that Auto Plaza USA was the seller. I am inherently skeptical of used car dealerships so I looked them up on this site. What I noticed were predominately positive reviews with a few exceptions. So, I decided to give them a chance. I purchased my car from what seemed to be (as used car salesmen are concerned) a pretty honest and stand-up individual. On the test drive, I noticed that there was a rattling under the car and the TPMS light was on. I was told that it would be an easy fix and that it would be written into the contract to fix it as a term of the sale. I thought that sounded good so I purchased the car. The second I purchased the car I was told to leave a positive review multiple times by multiple people. They even send you home with a form that shows you how to leave a positive review on the various review sites. This is why most of the reviews for the dealership on this site seem to be completed immediately after the purchase when people are really happy about their brand new car. If you scroll down the reviews looking for negatives, you will notice that a majority of them have to deal with events after the sale has already happened. That is where this dealership falls way short of expectations. When I was securing financing from the dealership, they sold me a warranty for the vehicle. I was hesitant at first to purchase it, but the PJ promised me that this warranty was not like other auto warranties. The company, Diamond Warranty Company, was reliable and prompt with their service and they would fix almost anything with little cost to me. I returned a week later (with an appointment that I scheduled the day of the sale) to have the rattle and the TPMS fixed as per the agreement in the sales contract. When I arrived I was told by Jason (in the service department) that they had no record of my appointment and that I would need to wait three hours. Luckily, my wife followed me to the dealership and this gave us a little time to go get breakfast and do a little shopping at the mall. When I returned three hours later, my car had not been touched. They told me that they were short on staff and they would get to it soon. After an hour, they told me it was all ready to go. On my way home, the TPMS light came back on and within a month (and less that 500 miles driving) the rattling returned. They obviously did not fix either of the aforementioned problems. Weeks later the Power Steering Rack failed on the car, so I took it to them to repair (it was covered by the warranty) and informed them to also fix the rattling under the car (as per the contract). A local tire place had fixed the TPMS without issue. When I dropped off my car, I was told that they do not give loaner vehicles so I was out of luck on that front. What followed was 13 days of incompetence by so many staff members. The service department ordered the wrong part 3 separate times. I eventually called the dealership (who they were ordering the parts from) and was told that the Auto Plaza USA service department had no clue what they were doing and were known to have a bad reputation for their poor workmanship. I was never given an update about any of the happenings with my car. Every day I was told that I would be called back by the service department and I never was. Once my wait had reached 9 days, Jason in the service department guaranteed me that my car would be ready the next day. I was not called at all the next day so I showed up to the service department after work (thankfully I had a coworker who could drop me off). When I arrived my car was not finished and I was told someone was being sent to get the parts for my car. That person never arrived. Jason then told me that my car would not be ready and it was the fault of the warranty company for being slow in the approval of the warranty work and the dealership for sending the wrong parts. He told me that the warranty company was terrible and they were known for taking forever to approve anything. I told him that PJ spoke of promptness and reliability of the company and Jason told me that management was aware of the poor quality warranty that they were selling and on multiple occasions the service department had told them how bad it was. So, to sum it up, Jason in service confirmed that PJ in finance had told a bold-face lie to me. I then went and spoke to the GM (Steve McDonald) and found that he could care less about my situation. I asked him if he knew the warranty was terrible and he said that he had no clue and that it wasn't his fault because the owner was responsible for picking the warranties. He guaranteed me they would fix my car the next day and he provided me a loaner because I was now stranded. The loaner had about 120,000 miles, a near empty gas tank, and a transmission that felt like it was going to blow up at any moment. My car was not finished as Steven McDonald had promised so after talking to service, I contacted him on his cell phone. He did not answer so I left a message. He never called me back. Two hours later I called him back and he told me he was off work and couldn't help me so he told me to contact Tim Nease. I called and left a voicemail for Tim Nease and he never called me back. The next day, I called service and they told me my car would be ready at 5PM. I arrived at the lot at 4 and they were working on it. Once complete I was given a bill for over $500 (my warranty deductible was $100). I was told that this was because the warranty only covered so much (because it was a bad warranty) and that I would have to come up with the rest. I then went to Steve McDonald, and told him I was dissatisfied with my experience with his dealership and I asked for my money back on the car (which I had driven less than 3 months and put less than 2000 miles on). He told me that he did not work at Wal Mart and returns were impossible. He also told me that he had gone out of his way to help me and that I should appreciate his help. He then said that he had even returned my call on his day off which was another bold-faced lie. I realized that I would not receive any more help, so I paid and left. When I went to get in my car, I noticed that the windows had been left open and my car seats were soaked with rain water. That was a cherry on top of a wonderful experience. On the way home I noticed that not only was the rattling under my car was still occurring, but that it was louder. I decided to take it to the Subaru Dealership to fix and in the end, I ended up having to pay another $500. Based on the customer service experience that I received, I would not put it past the dealership to deliberately damage a "problem" customer's vehicle. In conclusion, I gave Auto Plaza a chance and bought a car from them. The sales process is where the good experienced stopped. If you plan on buying a car and never returning to Auto Plaza, it might be a good experience for you. But, if anything happens after the fact (even if it is not in your control) and you have to deal with them again, trust me, you will regret it. Take my word for it and spend a little more money by going elsewhere. Hopefully I will be able to get my money back with the claims that I have put in with the BBB and State Attorney General. Do not make the mistake I did. Take your business elsewhere. Do not buy a warranty from PJ S in finance. I feel that he deliberately misrepresented the warranty he sold to me. Do not go to the service department, you will regret it. Look and see how many positive reviews you can find about Jason in the service department. Do not expect any sort of customer service from the managers. If the GM at a business is willing to lie to you, surely the rest of the staff will not have an issue with it.

Samantha123
6/25/2016

"awesome service"

I loved working with mike he was an awesome sales man and help out so much. I would recomend anyone to go work with him he deffently made my day better by being able to get me into a new car after hitting a deer with my old Thank You Mike I appericate everything you did for me

Reviews of Micheal Whitaker