My Review Of Auto Showcase of Bel Air:
TO ALL WHO THOSE WHO STILL CHERISH THE LOST ART OF CUSTOMER SERVICE
RE: CUSTOMER COMPLAINT REGARDING SERVICE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
AUTO SHOWCASE OF GLENBURNIE, MD 6807 GOVERNOR RITCHIE HWY GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061 AUTO SHOWCASE OF BEL AIR, MD 2308 BEL AIR ROAD FALLSTON, MD 21047 AUTO SHOWCASE SOUTH 921 PULASKI HWY JOPPA, MD 21085
General Manager- Greg Chiton
Sales Manager- Mark Donnellon
Manager- Donny Hannum
Sales Manager- Sean Mulgrew
Vice President- Sandra Landsman
Social Media Director-Tina Jones
My name is Sentia Garrison. I am a single mother of 2 children and a hard working and dedicated American patriot. I believe in what this country stands for and what we built it on, good business practices and excellent customer service. Usually I am a very patient and forgiving person. However, recently I experienced the worst customer service and vehicle maintenance service in all of my 36 years. I am very disappointed and will never visit nor recommend service to Auto Showcase every again. I also pledge to make all that I can reach knowledgeable of the egregious lack of urgency and poor customer service from each employee who I spoke to during this horrific event. I feel as though I have been mistreated, handled, and taken advantage of by a business that apparently has no understanding of what it means to be a servant to their customers or to take care of their customers. They also show a lack of concern about the fact that they are selling vehicles that are damaged to people who are putting their trust in them to do right. The vehicles that they sale are long term investments. They are costly. I transport my family back and forth. My livelihood depends on my transportation and this company has a total lack of regard for me, my family, and my livelihood or simple good ole natured business sense: Take care of the customer. The sequences of events are in bullet form below:
• On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 I received notice that my Infinity FX35 had a broken drive shaft and a hole in the transmission. The repair of the vehicle was more than the vehicle was worth so on Friday, April 4, 2014 I contacted a salesperson by the name of Rick at AUTO SHOWCASE of Glenburnie who contacted Chris the sales manager and made them aware of my dilemma. I desperately needed a vehicle to support my livelihood and I entrusted these folks to be good natured salesman and to help a customer, a single mother of 2 in desperate need.
• Chris the Service Manager said that he would take my Infinity for a trade in value of $5500 and place me in a “reliable vehicle”. He said that he would “take care of me”. He said that he wanted to put me in a car that would “support me and my girls for a long time”. I trusted his judgment as I have no mechanical prowess and he seemed as though he was honest in his dealings.
• On that day April 4, 2014 I was placed in a 2008 BMW 528xi. The mileage was approximately 74K miles and Chris and Rick made sure to print out and show me the car fax information on the vehicle to assure me that it was in good standing. I test drove the vehicle and trusted that Chris would be a man of his word. That day the only agreed upon corrections to the vehicle was a chip in the rear bumper, which Chris said he would not replace the bumper but would cosmetically have filled in a fixed. I was comfortable with the fix that he suggested. That day I left thinking that I had received a good deal and was taken care of. The series of events that followed would prove otherwise true.
• The following day, Saturday, April 5th, the check engine light, oil light, state inspection warning lamp, and brake fluid indicator light came on the dashboard when I turned on the vehicle Saturday morning. I called Auto Showcase of Glen Burnie that morning and spoke with Rick the salesman who sold me the car and let him know what I was experiencing just one day later. He mentioned that he would talk to Chris the Sales Manager and make arrangements to have the car examined at one of their service shops on Monday, April 7, 2014. So that service never happened on that date and when I followed up with a call to Rick he nonchalantly said that he needed to call and make other arrangements because he had failed to follow up. I continued to follow up with calls to Rick from April 5th to April 10th to no avail. At this point I reached out to Chris, Friday, April 11, 2014 to make him aware that all warning lights were still showing on the vehicle and that I had received no assistance at this point from Rick the salesman. I called Chris and left messages at 9am, 10am, and noon. Reason being is that the salesman were giving me times that Chris asked for me to call him back and each time that I called they would say that he was on other errands. At 1pm I was finally able to speak with Chris about my dilemma. Chris mentioned that this was the first that he had heard about the service lights and that he would make a service appointment for my car, Monday April 14th at their Bel Air, MD location. I exclaimed to Chris that I was concerned about the health of the vehicle and my own health and safety due to all the lights being on the dashboard and he simply advised me that if the car felt drivable then I should be ok to drive it. When I asked for a loaner car while they fixed my vehicle he said no and that their insurance would not cover it and that was not a standard practice for them. When I asked if I purchased a rental car for my own safety while they conducted the work would they reimburse me, Chris also mentioned that they would not provide that level of service either. I asked if I were to take it on my own to have a BMW dealership review the vehicle if Auto Showcase would reimburse me for my inconvenience and money spent and once again Chris refused this level of service even after knowing that he and Auto Showcase had just sold me a vehicle that did not last 24 hrs before it begin to exhibit problems.
• On April 12, 2014 I took the vehicle to BMW of Catonsville, MD to have a full diagnostic check completed as I did not feel as though the car was safe and I had begun to wonder if I had been sold a bad car. I have the documentation to prove that I paid $702.80 for work to be completed on a vehicle that I had possessed for 8 days and that had service lights up on the dashboard in less than 24 hours after purchase from Auto Showcase of Glen Burnie. The work that BMW conducted:
o Replace Micro Filters, oil change needed on the vehicle, and brake fluid flush
• The diagnostic also revealed the larger body of work that needed to be completed and which I fully expected and expect to correct in good faith. The fault lights, per my documentation from BMW were for:
o Multiple faults stored in the car for low batter voltage. Found fault stored for the torque converter clutch not able to disengage. Found fault stored for the transmission fluid leak possibly causing the torque converter fault.
o Halo light inoperative
o Engine oil leak
o From the torque converter lockup issue they determined that the complete pan and sealing sleeve would need to be replaced to resolve the issue.
• After leaving BMW with this news early Saturday, April 12, 2014 I called Chris at Auto Showcase and made him aware of BMW findings and explained how disturbed I was to have to pay the $702.80 for services and then be made aware of even more costly service that would need to happen just to begin to trouble shoot to see if those were the reasons the faults were going off and lights were on the dashboard. Chris mentioned that the fluid changes and oil changes were not his problem and that is standard business when one purchases a used vehicle. Upon hearing this I was alarmed that the same person that asked me to trust him and that he would protect my family was now telling me essentially to deal with it. I was very frustrated at this point and began to voice my frustration at Chris and ask to speak with Chris’s supervisor. At this point Chris asked to let his service people take a look at the vehicle to see what they could do to fix it. Chris stated that he would call me Monday, April 14th first thing to make that appointment.
• I ended up following up to Chris on Monday, April 14th approx 11 o’clock to see when the appointment would be made. Mind you this has been almost two full weeks that I have been asked to drive an unsafe vehicle which I had just purchased from this dealership. Chris supplied me with a shop service manager phone number. That manager’s name was Doug. I called Doug that day April 14th and was instructed to drive the car to their Bel Air, MD location on April 18th for Doug to review.
• On April 18th I drove the vehicle to the Bel Air location, per the agreement and presented the diagnostic paperwork to Doug that I had received from BMW of Catonsville, MD on April 12, 2014. Doug mentioned that he had to call Chris to get authorization to make fixes on the car. Doug confirmed that Chris had authorized $100 spend to change out the pan that BMW had mentioned in their diagnostic and that was all. No work was completed at this time. Doug instructed me to bring the vehicle back on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 @ 9am when he would have time to work on the vehicle per his authorization.
• On April 22, 2014 I dropped the car per what I had been instructed. Doug called at 6pm to make me aware that necessary repairs had been completed. I asked for documentation to see what work had been completed and Doug informed me that no work order was placed and that no documentation existed to show what they had fixed, but I should trust that the work was completed to standard and that the check engine light was off. I picked up the car at 7pm and not even 10 minutes later the check engine light returned on the dashboard. I called back to inform Doug that the light was back on. Doug apologized but mentioned he was not sure what else he could do for me. He asked if I could return the vehicle on Wed April 30, 2014 so he could yet again inspect the vehicle. When I expressed my frustration he mentioned that he could not see me any sooner because he was “booked up”.
• I returned the vehicle April 30, 2014 to Doug in the Bel Air location to have him reinspect the vehicle to try to troubleshoot. It is now May 2, 2014 and I still do not have my vehicle, Doug and Auto Showcase can not determine what is wrong with it, and none of the upper management in their organization that I have spoken with or left messages for has returned my call or provided me with a resolution to my matter.
• Today, Friday, May 2, 2014 I have gone out and personally acquired a rental car because Auto Showcase would not provide me one of their cars as a loaner or pay for me to have a rental. Again, no show of customer support, no regard for my family, no regard for the livelihood that I need to protect. The nonchalance is despicable. The sense of urgency is not there. The sheer and normal basic instinct of care and consideration for a customer is missing. Something must be done. I demand that this company take care of my needs and fix the issue that they created. I believe what I am requesting is basic. This company needs to do right by this situation professionally. I would like them to either fix the car of its major errors and repay what I have had to pay out to this point in service fees and rentals or simply let me out of this contract so I can take my business to a dealership that is honest and will deal with me fairly.
• I am appalled by what I now find on the internet about this company. I have reviewed 5 different websites for reviews of this company and each website contains 99% negative reviews. Customers imploring others to “stay away”, “Don’t trust this place.” “Cars are junk”.”Horrible experience.” A search on the Maryland Better Business Bureau reveals that this business has had over 52 complaints in the last 3 years, some of which they failed to even respond to the BBB to correct! How is this allowed? Where is the regulation that governs businesses from having faulty practices and taking advantage of hardworking good natured American Citizens? Why is this business and businesses like it not held to a higher standard and forced by a higher authority to conduct themselves professionally to operate in good faith to the people who they serve?
• I am unhappy with Auto Showcase and I grow more concerned and frustrated with each call that no one in this organization has an inkling of what customer service entails. I want justice in this matter and if this organization will not do right by me I fully intend to make as many people aware as possible to the egregious level of lack of customer service and poor handling that this place distributes.
A single mother in need of assistance with this matter from a higher authority
Was this review helpful to you?