Auto Showcase of Bel Air

2308 Belair Rd,
Fallston, Maryland 21047
Auto Showcase of Bel Air Info
About Auto Showcase of Bel Air

Auto Showscase is Maryland's largest wholesale used car outlet. We operate out of a 25,000 sqft facility in Fallston, MD. To serve our customers better we have two additional locations, Glen Burnie and Joppa MD. Our vehicles online are the same vehicles sold to your local dealer at the same prices. All of our vehicles are reconditioned and undergo a 160-point inspection before being listed. We have been in business for over 40 years. Our average vehicle is a late model with a CLEAN CARFAX and good mileage. Shop where the dealers shop! No dealer license necessary!

About Auto Showcase of Bel Air

• Largest inventory of Custom wheels in Harford County
JANEDOE124
7/21/2016

"BUYER BEWARE"

**DO YOUR RESEARCH ON ALL REVIEW WEBSITES, CASE SEARCH, ASK FRIENDS, ETC BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING FROM ANYONE** I recently purchased a Jeep Wrangler 2009 on the 7th of July at Auto Showcase of Bel Air. After haggling back and forth, I was convinced to buy the Jeep with 70,000 miles when I insisted on getting an extended warranty for one year, good thing! Within 48 hours of driving the car off the lot, I took it to the Jones Junction Jeep Dealership to check for any recalls that may or may not have been taken care of. The mechanics there informed me after inspecting my car that my rotors were completely rusted and needed to be replaced. I was confused by this because the one thing I did know was that brakes are definitely part of the Maryland State Inspection guidelines. I was so flummoxed, that the mechanic took me into the garage area where he showed me the rust by flicking pieces off with a pen. He gave me a comparison by showing me a nearby vehicle's rotors to show me what they should look like. Mechanics there also were adamant that there was NO WAY my vehicle should have passed inspection with the rotors in that condition. The mechanic advised me to take it back to where I bought it and insist the brakes/rotors be replaced and if they did not do so, to report to the state police about the fraudulent inspection. On Monday morning, July 11th I returned to Auto Showcase of Bel Air and spoke to Mike. Mike implied that the Jeep dealership was trying to make a sale and that the brakes were just fine. He continued to tell me he drove it on demo several days and knows himself there is nothing wrong from his own experience. I insisted and had to threaten to take to State Police before he would relent and get his service people to at least look at my vehicle. Obviously, the rotors were found to be illegal by MSI (Maryland State Inspection) standards because they were replaced at Auto Showcase's expense. On Thursday, July 14th I found myself stranded for almost 2 hours during one of the hottest days of the summer on I-95 South Baltimore after having one of my tires blow out. I was told by the tow truck driver I had to call and by the tire people I had to purchase new tires from that my tire had been dry rotted. You may be asking, why was I towed for a flat tire? I was towed because Auto Showcase of Bel Air failed to give me the key/device that unlocked the spare tire to allow me to change my flat. I had to purchase two tires and I haven't even had the car one week. Prior to my blowout on July 14th, because of my rotor experience, I had a objective car repair inspect at my cost of $70. They informed me that my U-Joint was bad on the left axle and that I needed to take it to the dealership which I did on July 15th. I was informed once again at Jones Junction Jeep Dealership that both my left and right axle needed to be replaced along with both U-Joints. It is my understanding that after my conversation with all these mechanics that U-Joints are part of MSI which was confirmed by the Jones mechanic. I was informed replacing all these items would be $961. Luckily, I had insisted on an extended warranty on my vehicle. Even so, I am now paying a $200 deductible in order to get my car in safe running order. I have had it for a total of 8 days. This should not be acceptable under any circumstances. After paying a $200 deductible, I STILL was hearing and feeling the engine type dragging as though the engine was having trouble accelerating resulting in a kind of grinding noise. Horrible! Now, on top of everything, the mild squeaking noise I heard every once in awhile was now every single bump I hit in the road, where I couldn’t drive without music and had to keep the windows up, which is ridiculous when it’s meant for windows and top down and bumps, rocks, off-roading etc. It is a JEEP! In between all of this, if my car was running or driving for a long period of time like 45 min+ the buttons on dash would get extremely hot and the floor would be hot to the touch as well. After getting last repairs made, I had put too much into a car for only having it for 11 days. I consulted a lemon law attorney who advised me to get another state inspection. Of course, now that I fixed everything it passed leaving me with less of a case in the eyes of the court. Throughout this ordeal, as you might imagine, I have been complaining to friends and co-workers. Unfortunately, it is now coming to my attention that Auto Showcase of Bel Air is well-known in the area to have a dubious reputation for fraudulent acts in their car sales. At this point was extremely upset because I felt as though I had no control over the situation at hand. After calming down I had to consider what my “realistic” choices were. A) Drive the car with the one year warranty I begged for and hope for the best. B) Voluntarily turn in the car and ruin my credit C) Trade the car in and hope for a good deal on another car. I chose C. I went to a reputable Honda Dealership in my area and asked what they could do for me knowing that I was going to be upside down as I have not made a payment yet. I explained I just got the car and I did not like it. I did not go into detail about the problems. I had very low expectations of being able to make any kind of deal I could afford. Luckily, they worked quite hard and worked a deal I could afford and feel good about. Spread this story around to your friends and their friends so no one you love or care for has to learn the hard way. Even though I managed to get a decent deal in the end, I will be paying for my mistake for the next 6 years. So word to the wise DO NOT SHOP at AUTO SHOWCASE OF BEL AIR!!!

MIKE, JD

August 11, 2016

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We apologize for this less than spectacular experience with us recently. It is always our goal is to provide our customers with all around great service, and we put each one of our vehicles through a thorough inspection to make sure our customers are safe when they drive away from our dealership. Anytime there is an issue that we have missed, we are always more than happy to remedy it and get you back out on the road again safely. Unfortunately, there are unforeseen things that can happen to cause further issues after a purchase and it's a shame that you had to go through this terrible experience with your vehicle. We hope your new vehicle that you've traded in for works out well for you and wish you the best.

John Doswell
6/08/2016

"COMPLETE TOTAL RIPOFFS!"

Its took me 2 years to finally do this ..it started off my wife needing another vehicle . so she wanted a small car with a nice color and she found this 2007 chevy cobalt sunburst orange car with 48000 miles for under 8 grand . so we go look at it test drive it . of course we had to deal with a pushy salesman . ( money hungry ) so i told them i dont care what you all have to do i do not want to spend over 10k for this car . ( that was my mistake for saying that ) they jacked the sales price of the vehile UP to make the out the door price exactly $10.000.00 they basically jacked the price of the sale price up $1500.00 and if they wouldn't have done that . i would have probably paid $8600.00 or less out the door ( my sales person was (Clarence Wallace ) , again My mistake for letting a dealer screw me over by opening my mouth ... so they tell me i have 7 days to bring them the check from my bank . which by the 3rd day . i took them the check only to find out AFTER they took my banks check that they financed it through their bank . ( of course they get a cut if you get financed through them ) so here i am dealing with 2 different banks that both financed the car , both fighting for the title , and they dealer refused to deal with me and constantly left me on hold to the point i had to hang up . constantly calling and talking to 2 different banks constantly was a complete nightmare . but thanks to MY DRIVE OF AMBITION . it got taken care of , no thanks to the dealership. now . lets move on . not even 60 days later , wala the brake pads are grinding metal to metal . but yet this car went through Maryland state inspection . Common sense and my mechanical background told me otherwise . so i replaced that and a few OTHER things that should have FAILED MARYLAND STATE INSPECTION .lets not forget the fact that they had my hard plate tags for over a month , but forgot to notify me or take my calls when the temporary tags were about to expire , I just believe that purposely forgot as a form or retaliation, but oh well, so lets fast forward almost 2 years .. my wife nor i currently need this vehicle any more . we actually bought different cars .( TRUST ME , NOT FROM HERE ! ) Upon attempting to sell this car . it has now been discovered that the ODOMETER HAS BEEN ROLLED BACK . at that point i was not even shocked .. i wasn't expecting it . but i wasn't shocked . because again . of the dealer i have bought the car from . so while writing this , i believe i also gave the DEALER enough information to look back at their paper work to see exactly who it was that wrote this PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF THIS FABULOUS DEALERSHIP just to see if they would attempt to contact me to even give me SORRY .. but again i doubt they will .. you all want to know why . they already got paid . im just a fart in the breeze to them now . POST THIS REVIEW ON YOUR WEBSITE !!!!!

Clarence Wallace

John Doswell responded to this review

June 21, 2016

My fault i was a little off .. This listing has the car listed for $8,597.00 but your saying i paid $8,974.00 a difference of $377.00 which should have not been charged .. so where did the $377 go to ? what was it for ? why was the price of the vehicle jacked up ? i knew i saved the listing and may have been off on the cars.com listing but here it is so let somebody explain to me why the car was jacked up 377 dollars if it was NOT to make it exactly $10,000.00 when i said i didnt want to go over that . when a GOOD dealership wouldnt have taken advantage of me for a extra $377 so is somebody going to be nice enough to give me those funds back or am i going to have to continue with filing a lawsuit when you know just the 1st hour of paperwork is going to cost you over 377 a hour just in lawyer fees ? ill let you decide ! A friend has sent you the following listing on Cars.com 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LS - $8,597 $8,597 | 49,418 mi miles Body Style: Sedan Doors: 4 Exterior Color: Sunburst Orange Metallic Fuel Type: Gasoline Engine: 2.2L I4 16V MPFI DOHC Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Drivetrain: FWD Wheelbase: 103 Stock#: 137607 Auto Showcase of Bel Air Fallston, MD 877-572-7113 View this vehicle on Cars.com View this vehicle on Cars.com Mobile Go to Cars.com

John Doswell responded to this review

June 18, 2016

That is not what the cat was listed for. Why don't you all go back and look at your cars .com add of the listing where the vehicle was priced UNDER $8000 BEFORE TAXES and I believe you all need a better inspection station

June 18, 2016

Sorry John for your dissatisfaction ! The vehicle was Maryland state inspected at Firestone in July 2014. The vehicle had 49418 at the time. If another dealer or service center incorrectly lust the mileage, that can removed from carfax. You paid 8974$ for the vehicle and if you bought today with the same miles you would have paid 8300$ plus taxes and rags! So I don't see where you were over charged! BTW the vehicle not only passed inspection it passed with flying colores! Our business is to service customers not harm them! Without our customers we wouldn't be in business! My number one priority is complete customer satisfaction! Thank you for review!

TellTheTruth
5/18/2016

"Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!"

Keith Bagwell salesman didn't do nothing at all was no help whatsoever didnt provide any useful information shook my hand once at the beginning and didn't see him until 10 hours later after the whole process was over but I will say Mike that works at the front counter was very very helpful and informative and guided me through the whole process and if I could give him a 5-star rating I would!

Keith

June 07, 2016

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with one of our Sales Team, which is out of the norm. If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this further, please reach out to us at (410) 358-7777. Thank you, and take care.

MyBMWBaby😍👀
5/01/2016

"Best Car Saleman "

Looking for a car today go the Auto Showcase in Fallston MD and ask for Mr. Keith Bagwell awsome saleman and they have whatever car you would want from an everyday to a high end.

May 02, 2016

At Auto Showcase of Bel Air, we realize that every customer has different wants and needs for their next vehicle, so we keep a large variety of vehicles so that we have something for everyone. You are correct, Keith is an awesome salesman and we're glad to have him as a part of our team. It's good to know he was able to help you out in your search for a car, and we hope you enjoy your selection. If there's anything else you need from us, don't hesitate to give us a call. Thanks for the review, we hope to see you again in the future!

Desiree DeVoe
4/30/2016

"Worse dealership in Maryland "

I bought a 2009 Chevy Traverse from Anthony at the Bel Air location. First off, the key pad didn't work at all. Was promised a key pad and never got it. I bought it back in February 2016. The driver side floor mat wasn't included. Anthony never answers back about key pad. Get tags picked up aND inquire about key pad to be told one wasn't ever ordered. What type of dealership doesn't have a key pad that works when they sell a vehicle? Next issue, have had the car in the shop more then I've been able to drive it. I bought it as is for a reason because this place knew it was a piece if crap but got my money. I'll be filing a complaint with the better business Bureau and the consumer protection division as well. This place is a scam don't buy from them. The lot on 40 that this traverse came from is closed now, wonder why??

Anthony

May 20, 2016

Hello Desiree, We thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Our team apologizes for the negative experience you've had with us, and the possible miscommunication. We strive to provide each client with a stress-free, trusting environment and we are disappointed to have left a client feeling neglected. We can assure you this is not the norm, and we welcome you to contact us to discuss these matters further. Please call us at (410) 358-7777, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Jamie Hoffman
4/27/2016

"Amazing first car buying experience "

Chris was really great! He helpes me find a great car i loved can afford and that will help me build my future! Cool beans!

Chris

Ulftadhg
4/27/2016

"Awesome"

We had a great experience looking for cars. Keith was very helpful the entire time. They have a very large selection of vehicles. I would recommend this location to anyone.

May 02, 2016

Thank you for the review. At Auto Showcase of Bel Air, we keep a large selection of vehicles to ensure that our customers find exactly what they're looking for and we do everything we can to make sure they leave in a vehicle that suits their individual needs. Keith is always very helpful and we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to him. We really appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you in the future. Take care!

Nic01
4/14/2016

"The worst car buying experience I have ever felt with."

This place is an absolute joke!! They are out to steal your money and give you ancrappy used car in return that's rusted, but covered with paint so it won't show. I can understand why their showcase room looks so nice...because you rip off car buyers. Please for your own good do not buy from this place. They are an embarrassment!

May 02, 2016

Ms. Nic01 please call me so I can answer your concerns!

Tina 1967
4/13/2016

"A wonderful buying experience "

Keith and JD greeted me with respect and allowed me to look without fast talking me and pressuring me to make a decision . I came in looking at one machine and left with another one :-) I absolutely love my new car and enjoyed my car buying experience . Dr.J

April 14, 2016

Another positive buying experience from the Team at Auto Showcase. Meeting the customers needs, comes from listening to their wants! Take you Tina, enjoy your new car.

Lala
4/07/2016

"Horrible! "

Hello. We recently purchased a vehicle from dealership auto show case of bel air md. Purchased for $35,000 and $3000 cash down. Vehicle broke down 1 day later. Dealer who sold us truck verbally stated we had 1000 mile/30 day warranty and have multiple witnesses but was sold to us as is so they made us tow the truck back to dealership and purchase a $1000 extended warranty (they told us they'd pay 1/2 which they did not) which they backdated so they wouldn't have to pay to replace the engine bc crank shaft broke. A $7000 refurbished engine was put in. Keep in mind it was dec 26th that they received the truck and did not begin working on it until end of January! The only reason they began working on it is bc I wrote a review and the general manager JD called me basically telling me I had to take the review down or they wouldn't work on it. I am a female by the way and he talked to me like a child. I finally got the phone number of the dealership mechanic who was very helpful and he stated the truck was in garage the next day. Well a month later and a bill of $2700 (which they agreed to pay half) was given to us. Well in the bill they charged us $461 for exhaust manifolds that were covered under the $1000 extended warranty we had to purchase. As soon as we got the truck home after almost 2.5 months of making payments and not being able to drive it, it had an antifreeze leak. Took it to local mechanic and stated a clamp rusted and broke, $85. Got it home and 1 day later diesel was leaking from fuel tank. Back to garage. $1180.00 later 2 hoses were replaced and was told rust was everywhere and get rid of it asap bc everything they touched fell apart! They also said one of the brand new head gaskets was leaking antifreeze already! Our mechanic said the "new" engine was put together poorly. The general manager JD is extremely rude l. Should've read reviews before purchasing . It's also been through inspection and marker lights out. We are still waiting for the plates from dealer as well and vehicle was purchased dec 23, 2015! Brian the mechanic we talked to was very helpful and I appreciate his help greatly, but overall the dealership sells pieces of crap. This truck is a gmc with duramax engine that had 76,000 miles on it. Being stuck on a major highway , pouring rain, Christmas Day with a toddler and being 5 months pregnant for 8 hours is not what we expected after purchasing a $35000 vehicle.

JD

Lala responded to this review

April 14, 2016

First off, we had a completely new engine put into our truck . All the work was done by you and as soon as we get it home and it has an antifreeze leak as well as leaking diesel fuel. Take it to get fixed and $1400 later it needed new clamps in engine and fuel lines and fuel pump. Well there also is antifreeze leaking from the NEW head gasket you installed ! Our mechanic said who ever assembled the new engine did a piss poor job and everything is falling apart already after 2 days of driving. We finally got rid of this truck yesterday. We are out of $7500 dollars with all repairs and loss for trade in. I did decline to have you fix the head gasket bc you messed it up to begin with. You are extremely rude to customers and I will be sure to write a bad review everyday and make sure my family and friends do the same. Have a great day! :)

April 14, 2016

Spoke to customer concerning the mechanical issues. I offered to repair the vehicle and she graciously declined. I completely understand their frustration. The last thing any dealer wants to have is an unsatisfied customer, no matter what they buy.

Reviews of Brian Bush