BMW North Scottsdale

Chapman BMW

Janny B.
5/19/2015

"AMAZING!!!"

My husband and I bought a 335i from BMW North Scottsdale in March. The best car purchase experience we have ever had. No pressure from the salesman. We looked at a lot of cars. Told the salesman that we would think about it. That night we put in a request to purchase a car on line on the BMW North Scottsdale finance section. The next morning we got a call that we had been approved. We went to the dealership. Within and hour we were on our way home with our new car. AMAZING!!! Since then we have taken it in to have something done to it. The service department has been GREAT. Our service manager Gary is very attentive in making sure everything is done as it should be. He has a great team of mechanics. We will buy our next automobile from them. We Love our C92 N55. So fun to drive.

Josh Weinberg, Gary Katzenberger, Dan Caplan

May 21, 2015

Janny, We know how stressful car buying can be, so we are thrilled to hear you received a 5-star experience while working with our team. We hope you are enjoying your BMW 335i and we wish you many happy miles! Best, BMW North Scottsdale

Jon-M, Scottsdale
4/18/2015

"Routine Maintenance and to check on a few issues"

Cannot for the life of me see how or why anyone might ever have a service problem here. I have never, ever, ever had anything but TOP-FLIGHT flawless service here. Service Director, Mark Kaiser and his team from manager, Brandon Overly & Technical Service Manager, Robert Reed {who is THE Specialist's SPECIALIST = the most competent diagnostician I have ever met} on down the line are "world-class, A #-1" and first rate in every way. I drive sporty efficient performance cars, I bought a new '14 BMW 328i M-Sport here in December '13. I buy cars to keep and not toss or lease. I buy the maximum extended warranty available... cars these days need warranties AND I buy a car to enjoy for as many years as possible. I've been driving 40+ years and I take excellent care of my cars. This is one of the two best dealerships I have ever had the pleasure of knowing - period, without exception or excuse. I will say unequivocally, you cannot find a more competent, friendlier team with "no blah-blah" than Mark's service team. Likewise, if you ever need to see their new car salesmen, speak to Don Fiala {a former golf pro with NO ego} I bought my car at this dealership because of Don. He's straight, sincere, goes the extra-mile and you will not find a more decent salesman anywhere. I'll recommend every person, friend & family member to him without the slightest worry. Moved here from NY 22 months ago and wouldn't go to any other dealerships in Scottsdale besides PENSKE. After owning 18 cars and dealing with a dozen dealerships in buying family members their cars {24 in total} I've negotiated 42 new car purchases. Not a one topped BMW of North Scottsdale and I knew no-one when I walked into their doors the first time. PS: I had tested and negotiated 5 other cars with 5 other dealers the week I bought my BMW here. This included Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, Acura & Infinity. Not a single one matched or stood up to BMW of North Scottsdale. On a scale of 1 to 10, these guys are a "12"

Robert Reed, Brandon Overly, & Darrin Shadle, in service, Don Fiala {in Sales}, Mark Kaiser

April 20, 2015

Hi Jon-M, Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear about your experience with our Service Team! We look forward to seeing you again! Best, BMW North Scottsdale

Beemerdriver
3/30/2015

"Will never return"

I bought a $50,000 car there in June. My car may on driver side wore out after 6 months The salesman said bring it in and they will replace. The manager said they can't replace it. I won't buy another car from them!

Ty, AJ Byrne

April 02, 2015

Beemerdriver, We would like to extend our personal regrets regarding your experience with our Sales Department and assure you that we take your feedback seriously. Our General Manager, Don Hanson, would appreciate the chance to speak with you, apologize, and get more feedback. You can email him at dhanson@penskeautomotive.com. If you would rather give us your preferred contact information, once received, he is happy to contact you. We appreciate your time and are looking forward to earning back your trust in our dealership. Thank you, BMW North Scottsdale

sheltonAlton
10/07/2014

"Run away!"

This dealership sold me a car with a good Carfax. 2 months later an accident poped up on the Carfax from months prior. the said sorry, but.........nothing. Look at the reviews and it paints a very clear picture. They are a Scottsdale BMW dealership whose rating is 3 stars out of 5. Enough said!!!!!

Scott Bilgo

sarae8888
7/27/2014

"Excellent service from Ty Vilhauer"

This was by far the easiest and most pleasant car buying experience I've had and my Client Advisor, Ty Vilhauer, made it all happen. I commend him on his professionalism and the way he approaches and strives to help his customers. He went above and beyond to ensure the sales process went smoothly, and was able to take care of everything in about half the time I had expected. And when I informed him I was not able to drive up to Phoenix the same day to sign the paperwork and take delivery of my new car, he decided to make it convenient for me by driving the car all the way down to Tucson. Now that's what I call GREAT customer service! I will definitely purchase my next car from BMW North Scottsdale.

Ty Vilhauer

July 28, 2014

sarae8888, We are delighted to hear about your pleasant experience with our Sales Team. We will be sure to commend Ty for his outstanding customer service and for taking such excellent care of you. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our dealership. Happy Driving! BMW North Scottsdale

DolceDolce
7/14/2014

"Excellent Service from AJ in the Service Department"

AJ was my service consultant for today's visit. I was dropping off our new car to have the windows tinted. Charlie (in new cars) had mentioned that they do an excellent job here, so we went with his recommendation. We researched between the ceramic tint and nano tint, and decided to purchase the nano tint. There was a small price discrepancy between what the other service consultant told us on Saturday, when we stopped in to pick out the tint. AJ honored that quote, without me having to ask. AJ was prompt, and quickly greeted me in the service drive and was very professional. When my car was ready, he called me - it was ready even earlier than anticipated. My tint looks awesome. We have a black on black 528 and selected the nano 5 for the back and 35 for the driver and passenger windows. It looks so nice. I highly recommend this combination. AJ was extremely helpful and easy to work with. Also I should mention here that the entire staff was friendly, from the valet staff to the cashiers at the counter, etc. The Sales Mgr was also extremely customer-focused. On Saturday he stepped outside his office to make sure everyone in the office area had been helped.

AJ Byrne

July 16, 2014

DolceDolce, We are delighted to hear about your pleasant experience with our Sales Team. We will be sure to commend Charlie for his outstanding customer service and for taking such excellent care of you. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our dealership. Happy Driving! BMW North Scottsdale

Twolver
7/13/2014

"Was told I can't afford it"

I was looking to buy a new car and wanted to try different types out including BMW. I went in interested in the 535i and 528 and wanted to drive them both. I got to drive the 535i but was reminded by the person with me that I couldn't afford it. I am not the typical BMW buyer but I am not sure why he felt the need to say I couldn't afford something as he hadn't seen any of my bank accounts. I then wanted to try out the 528 and was told they don't have any. I was shocked a BMW dealership didn't have any but knew I could drive it somewhere else and was only test driving cars to see what I liked. On leaving one lady asked if I got to drive the 528 and I said no. She found one for me to drive, in fact they had MANY of them. My boyfriend was told he couldn't drive a car until he bought it first. He isn't looking this year but for next year so he let it go. I drove the 528 and I liked the BMW the most of the cars. After being told many times I couldn't afford it by the Sales person I decided to search else where. I found another place that sold certified BMW's and went there and bought a 2014 535i with 8k miles 2 days later because yes I can afford it. I would have considered buying something there had I been treated better but I didn't even get to numbers because again I was told I can't afford it.

Robin Sarno, John Sarno

DolceDolce
7/13/2014

"Ask for Charlie Scott - New BMW Purchase"

We came in ready to purchase a car from BMW of Scottsdale, and had an issue there, right before signing, (issue was brought about by a different salesperson and had nothing to do with numbers). We walked out and decided to give the dealership another try the next day, but with a different salesperson. The next day we returned to the dealer, and switched salespersons and started working with Charlie Scott. If I could pair an excellent supportive salesperson with an excellent car, it would be Charlie and the BMW 5 series. Charlie was effortless to work with - very professional - the caliber you expect when you are about to purchase a car for $55K. We worked out some great numbers with Charlie, and told him we would think about it - the dealership was already closed and we were exhausted from the weekend spent trying to buy a car. That night as we were heading home, we stopped by one more place just for a quick look and made a purchase from another dealer. This was not Charlie's fault - they just happened to have the exact car we wanted, without having to wait on it coming in. However, because we would have signed with Charlie anyways, we did want to put this review out here. We had been in the buying process for 2 months and overall it was not enjoyable at some places. We do feel that much of this is a direct reflection of the experience you have with the salesperson. I like having a partner in the process - not someone who argues with me, gives me vague information or refuses to handle a simple request prior to signing. Charlie is everything you expect in a salesperson: helpful, knowledgeable, agreeable, customer-focused, willing to make sure you are in the right car, solution-oriented. He has many awards displayed behind him at his desk and I can see why - he's in a league all his own, as reflected by his Silver standing award - which only the best of the best earn these. They earn this through hard work, customer service, great ideas, strong partnerships as well as sales. If you have just started your search, I recommend Charlie Scott.

Charlie Scott - A+++++, Charlie Scott

July 14, 2014

coleman77
5/09/2014

"Poor service"

Very poor customer service. Once we had an agreement with the sales person, the manager intervened and required us to pay significantly more, and that we had to sign a legal document guaranteeing we would not drive the car outside the US. Would not recommend this dealership to anyone.

sales manager

Albert_101
8/13/2013

"Average customer service, sky high prices, worse than any..."

Average customer service, sky high prices, worse than any other dealership in AZ. Sales department feels like you need them more than they care about helping you out. Service people seem to be more in tune with been responsible and accommodating. Nice facility though, but facilities can't make those sales people care.

John Splitek