Bath Subaru

Ocean Subaru

citrus1588
7/02/2015

"Absolutely terrible service"

I purchased a used vehicle from them. I filled up the gas tank for the first time a couple days later and it was leaking fuel. I brought it back to them. They replaced a clasp and said it was fixed. I filled up again a couple days later. Fuel was leaking again. It took about five days before I could get someone there to help me. I asked for a loaner vehicle while they fixed my car so that I wouldn't have to miss work. They said I could have a loaner, but I had to be there by no later than 4:30. This defeated my reasoning for wanting a loaner, I had to miss a couple hours of work just to pick up the loaner. Then when they looked at my car they found the issue, but it was going to take 3 days for the part to come in. They said I needed to come pick up my car and then return when the part came in. ( I have an hour drive one way to get there) When I asked if I could just leave it there and use the loaner the person I was talking to said he would have to ask his boss. They called back and said it would cost $20 per day, It would cost over $100 if the part came in on time. The tone of this conversation gave me the impression they only quoted that price because they knew I wouldn't pay it, resulting in me returning the loaner the following morning and arriving late to work. They told me the part would arrive on the coming Monday. I waited for them to call me, which didn't happen until 4 days after the part was expected to arrive. I scheduled a time for them to fix my car the following Tuesday (which is now a month after purchasing the car). I brought my car in and asked if they would be filling my gas tank to prove to me that the leak was fixed once they replaced the part. He said he would have to run it by his boss. I waited there for about 2 hours while they fixed my car. Once they finished they gave me my keys, but refused to fill my tank even though I had lost at least half a tank of fuel and wasted another half a tank or more driving back and forth to this terrible dealership. The service was absolutely terrible. Though they said they were trying make things as convenient as possible for me, everything they did made things more inconvenient for me. I will never go back to this place for any kind of service or new vehicle and I can say with 100% certainty that no one I know will ever purchase a vehicle from this dealership. If I could them 0 Stars for a rating I would.

George Ellis, Mark Stevens

Kimster
6/05/2015

"Satisfying car buying experience."

I have used Bath Subaru twice to purchase pre- owned vehicles. I had the same salesman each time and felt like I was in very capable and trusting hands with Bob Crane. He is very professional, experienced and courteous. All of the other employees that I dealt with either on the phone or in person were friendly and made me feel like a valued customer.

Bob Crane

Jollyjumpup
6/04/2015

"Straight Talk"

What stands out for me was the straight talk I received from all the folks at Bath Subaru, from Sales to Service. The trading/buying experience felt explicit and open all the time, a little bit of negotiating, a little bit of "selling,"[which is to be expected after all], but no hard sell and no signs of over-bearing training seminars on how to close the deal. The Service department too answers all questions, fully explains what's going on. Of course, you always leave happy, outwitting it had cost less! But hey, you get what you pay for!

Bob Crane, Sales

Harpswellhome
5/29/2015

"They made dealing locally impossible"

I was interested the 2015 Outback and intend to trade my 2011 Hyundai. lAfter reluctantly agreeing to let me test drive the car they insisted on the sale that day. This was after clearly explaining that I wanted to collect information before I made a final decision. The next subject of the conversation was all the apparent problems with my car and how small the trade would be. Verbally they said that it would only bring $11K-----which is $6K less that KBB and Edmonds. At that point I left the dealership. I was treated very well at another Suabaru dealer in another town and ordered the Outback. I will never visit Bath again.

George, Sales Manager {no card offered)

mainefisherman
6/27/2014

"Bath Subaru has the worst car dealership service department "

Taking my car to Bath Subaru was my all time worst experience with a car dealership anywhere. They fixed one problem with my car and said that they could not fix the other problems with my car. This might sound reasonable, but it isn't. I drove my car to another town that same day, immediately after leaving Bath Subaru and the other car repair shop was able to fix the problems with my car in a short period of time and for a reasonable price. Honestly, the impression I got is that the people who work for Bath Subaru were only interested in charging the highest amount of money for very simple repairs while claiming to be incapable of other quite common and normal repairs. At first, I thought the service advisor, Angela Filmer, was simply a very brusque person. After a few completely unsatisfactory interactions with her, I became convinced that she is simply one of the rudest, most ineffectual car dealership service personnel I have ever met. Take my advice, drive your Subaru to any other automobile service provider in Maine. Taking your car to Bath Subaru is simply a very expensive waste of time and money. In my opinIon, Bath Subaru should terminate the employment of Angela Filmer as their service advisor immediately. If they do not fire her, then Subaru ought to decertify the Bath Subaru dealership's franchise. Plenty of other people would be capable of running a Subaru dealership with a competent service department.

Angela Filmer

liverlips
12/15/2013

"My mother-in-law asked me to check the oil in her Subaru..."

My mother-in-law asked me to check the oil in her Subaru Outback (she is 96) as it had been changed about four months earlier. I found that it had been overfilled by about a quart and a half. I've read that overfilling the oil can damage the engine. I asked my wife where the oil had been changed. She said at Bath Subaru. I told her she should get it changed again as soon as possible and filled to the correct level somewhere else. My wife eventually got it changed at a local garage. When she went to Bath Subaru a few months later they told her the head gaskets needed to be replaced. They replaced it for about $1250 including a timing belt. I know Subarus have a reputation of needing head gaskets at about 120k but this car only had 80k. I'm not a car mechanic (was a typewriter repairman), but I think overfilling the oil is the most likely cause of the prematurely blown head gasket. As far as we can tell (time will tell) they did an okay job of replacing the head gaskets. The price seemed reasonable. My daughter had her's replaced at around the same time and paid a few hundred more. It is a big job to replace head gaskets on a Subaru since there are two of them and they are on the side of the engine and not easily accessible like most other four cylinder cars that have just one on the top. I suspect the side facing cylinders has a lot to do with why Subarus go through head gaskets. I personally would never buy one for this reason, but a lot of people in New England seem to like them. They do get decent milage for an AWD car and were one of the first to offer AWD. These days I think you can do much better.

Joshua

kszelestey
1/02/2013

"Was interested in a new crosstrek but wasn't allowed to..."

Was interested in a new crosstrek but wasn't allowed to take one for a test drive without being committed to buy right then and there. In the early stages of shopping I'm not going to be committed right away, isn't that the purpose of a test drive? It was not a good experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Leo

mainer03
6/09/2012

"Not a good buying experience. We were sold a vehicle that..."

Not a good buying experience. We were sold a vehicle that had a number of issues and the salesman was not completely truthful and denied making representations.

John Harper