Bath Subaru

Bath Subaru
Bath Subaru Info

Exeter Subaru

Ocean Subaru

"Bath Subaru has the worst car dealership service department "

Taking my car to Bath Subaru was my all time worst experience with a car dealership anywhere. They fixed one problem with my car and said that they could not fix the other problems with my car. This might sound reasonable, but it isn't. I drove my car to another town that same day, immediately after leaving Bath Subaru and the other car repair shop was able to fix the problems with my car in a short period of time and for a reasonable price. Honestly, the impression I got is that the people who work for Bath Subaru were only interested in charging the highest amount of money for very simple repairs while claiming to be incapable of other quite common and normal repairs. At first, I thought the service advisor, Angela Filmer, was simply a very brusque person. After a few completely unsatisfactory interactions with her, I became convinced that she is simply one of the rudest, most ineffectual car dealership service personnel I have ever met. Take my advice, drive your Subaru to any other automobile service provider in Maine. Taking your car to Bath Subaru is simply a very expensive waste of time and money. In my opinIon, Bath Subaru should terminate the employment of Angela Filmer as their service advisor immediately. If they do not fire her, then Subaru ought to decertify the Bath Subaru dealership's franchise. Plenty of other people would be capable of running a Subaru dealership with a competent service department.

Angela Filmer

"My mother-in-law asked me to check the oil in her Subaru..."

My mother-in-law asked me to check the oil in her Subaru Outback (she is 96) as it had been changed about four months earlier. I found that it had been overfilled by about a quart and a half. I've read that overfilling the oil can damage the engine. I asked my wife where the oil had been changed. She said at Bath Subaru. I told her she should get it changed again as soon as possible and filled to the correct level somewhere else. My wife eventually got it changed at a local garage. When she went to Bath Subaru a few months later they told her the head gaskets needed to be replaced. They replaced it for about $1250 including a timing belt. I know Subarus have a reputation of needing head gaskets at about 120k but this car only had 80k. I'm not a car mechanic (was a typewriter repairman), but I think overfilling the oil is the most likely cause of the prematurely blown head gasket. As far as we can tell (time will tell) they did an okay job of replacing the head gaskets. The price seemed reasonable. My daughter had her's replaced at around the same time and paid a few hundred more. It is a big job to replace head gaskets on a Subaru since there are two of them and they are on the side of the engine and not easily accessible like most other four cylinder cars that have just one on the top. I suspect the side facing cylinders has a lot to do with why Subarus go through head gaskets. I personally would never buy one for this reason, but a lot of people in New England seem to like them. They do get decent milage for an AWD car and were one of the first to offer AWD. These days I think you can do much better.

Joshua

"Was interested in a new crosstrek but wasn't allowed to..."

Was interested in a new crosstrek but wasn't allowed to take one for a test drive without being committed to buy right then and there. In the early stages of shopping I'm not going to be committed right away, isn't that the purpose of a test drive? It was not a good experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Leo

"Not a good buying experience. We were sold a vehicle that..."

Not a good buying experience. We were sold a vehicle that had a number of issues and the salesman was not completely truthful and denied making representations.

John Harper