Read Reviews CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside

Manufacturers: Mazda, Service Center

4.3

4.1

based on 15 reviews

Overall
4.2

4.2 out of 5

Matt KuytnaSALES1 Lifetime Review

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside

Chris60457
6/17/2014 11:53:25 PM

Tim McGrath

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

Thanks for a wonderful no pressure sale, keep up the good work. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will see you when I stop by for routine maintenance!!

"Great Salesman"

ShadowCat10
5/12/2014 9:55:36 PM

cameron webber

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

Thank you Cameron for a wonderful experience buying our 2015 Mazda CX5. The whole process from test driving to signing the contract was terrific... thanks again! Gary & Lisa

Twitter
"Really well run and modern dealership"

flyfisher2
4/24/2014 2:22:56 PM

Ryan KiethRyan Kieth

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

Purchased a new Mazda 3 from this dealership a few weeks ago. This dealership team does it the right way. We had a problem with the paperwork that we noticed after we purchased the car that they rectified with no problem. The deal on the car and our trade-in was very fair, and the entire experience was positive. I am not used to dealerships like this, Mazda should demand all of their dealerships perform at this level. Treating customers with integrity and respect goes a long way in getting repeat sales and service, a win-win for the dealership and the customer.

Good Job CJ Wilson Mazda!

"This is not your typical dealership"

Twitter
"Would 100% recommend it! My husband and I researched..."

dmhogg04
2/17/2014 4:45:20 PM

Josh KingJosh King

Would 100% recommend it!

My husband and I researched the dealership before heading in since they had three cars we wanted to look at. And we saw on here that Josh was known as the go-to guy. So we set off on Valentine's Day to hopefully find a safe car. From the time we walked in and asked for Josh until the time we drove off in our new car, Josh lived up to, and exceeded every great review we read about him. He was casual and professional. For someone who has been in sales management for a long time, I was impressed by Josh's easy demeanor, never ever pitchy, and always informative. He explodes every idea of a sketchy car buying experience, he is a patient and professional business man who delivers a comfortable big purchase experience. Right out of the gate he asked us what we knew about the cars, and he shared some very helpful info we didn't know. Josh was always a great listener, never impatient, and though the deal took some time, Josh and his managers were 500% committed to making sure we left satisfied. Josh and his managers never made us feel pressured. We left with "the deal of a lifetime!," and we could not be more grateful for the most incredible car searching/buying experience!

Twitter
"I've run a business for 14 years. I have never lost a..."

timmmay82
1/15/2014 11:12:12 AM

Bassam MahmudBassam Mahmud

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

I've run a business for 14 years. I have never lost a customer, because I treat them with respect and always make wrongs right. Bassam doesn't share my vision.

After owning and driving the vehicle for two weeks, there were a few problems I needed corrected. I called to schedule service because the vehicle pulled left and I had some brake squealing from the rear. I reached Bassam and after mentioning these problems, he transferred me to service and I was "disconnected." I decided to just drive up to the dealer. I located Bassam, who I'd never met in person, which turned out to be the man who verbally assaulted one of his coworkers in front of a dozen customers two weeks prior when I purchased my car. At first, he was very calm. As I got passed the major concerns of alignment and brake noise, I requested they deactivate daytime running lights. The manual states the dealer can disable at the owners request. Bassam laughed. His coworkers chimed in and said they couldn't do that, or anything else I wanted, because the law doesn't permit them to modify safety devices.

That's a lie. Daytime running lights are not required by law in the United States. I've had them, in addition to seatbelt chimes and other dash indicators I found annoying disabled on every vehicle I've owned. This isn't a question of legality or ability, they just didn't care to do it.

After getting nowhere with the minor stuff, I moved on and focused on the main issues. Bassam said everything I wanted done would not be covered under warranty, so I would have to pay to have them address these things, including the pulling to the left and brake squeal from the rear. The car had 95 miles on it and 11 days of ownership. The $1000 All-Star package I purchased with the vehicle is supposed to also include premium service, which apparently means nothing. Unfortunately, it is not refundable (even though my financing officer told me it was before I use any maintenance, car washes, or other components of this package.)

That's a lie. I asked for not even a refund, but a credit, to purchase all the accessories I was told my vehicle had, but were missing. I proceeded to ask about why my backup sensors do not work, and they said I must not have them on my vehicle even though I was told that vehicles produced late 2013 (mine) had them. This was clearly a dealer error. When I pointed this out, Bassam walked away and said he was done with me.

Ok, that was uncomfortable, but it gets better...

In all my life, I have never been ejected from anywhere. When Bassam walked away, I gave up and moved on, walking into Parts & Service to have them spec out what some CX-5 accessories would cost and then schedule an alignment check. As soon as I walked up to the counter and started talking to the rep, Bassam walked in and told the rep not to help me. The rep looked at me and said "Sorry, I work for him, I can't help you." You could tell this rep didn't like this situation, but he also didn't appear surprised, almost like this has happened before. Bassam then told me to "get out!"

That is right. After being laughed at, lied too, and told I'd have to probably pay for damage done to the vehicle by one of the 38 miles that were on the odometer before I bought it, I walked into the service department to continue to purchase products and services, was denied that, and effectively ejected from the dealership. I have an 11 day old vehicle with under 100 miles and pre-paid over $1600 in dealer-specific services ranging from maintenance to paint sealing, which can't be refunded and am no longer able to use, because I am not welcome back after calmly presenting some very minor, correctable concerns on a new $32,000 vehicle I purchased in under 2 hours with no negotiation; I am the perfect customer and they threw me under a bus as soon as I signed the paperwork. The legality of this situation is simply mind-boggling. In the end, this means I paid $1,600 over invoice, which comes out to $1,200 over MSRP!

After this experience, I don't believe there are any legitimate positive reviews of C.J. Wilson Mazda. Infact, I now suspect most of the sales team spends their spare time posting fake reviews. I owned a Mazda in the 90's, purchased from Oak Lawn Mazda, and I've owned a few Ford's since. I've never had a bad car buying experience, ever. Having made friends with employees of my neighborhood Ford dealer, in sales and service, I wanted to buy a car from them so much, but C.J. Wilson had the car I wanted, and I love the car, but I wish I'd bought it anywhere else.

To forgive or recommend C.J. Wilson for Bassam's blatant unprofessionalism would be a blow to my integrity. As a business owner myself, I know this is precisely NOT how you operate a business. He treats his customers terrible, and his employees even worse. My car appears to have been joyridden to the lot from their satellite dealership, Continental Mazda Naperville, and the wear and tear shows. The morning after I purchased it, the daylight revealed the interior had grease and fingerprints everywhere. As a new customer that was denied basic warranty services and the ability to purchase additional accessories, then ejected from the dealership showroom, I see why Mazda struggled to capture the market share they deserve with their great vehicles. It's a dealership network with members like this.

AVOID THIS PLACE

Twitter
"I went in for service because I had a slight vibration in..."

mark1realtor
8/22/2013 11:20:04 AM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: No
Ryan KiethRyan Kieth

1.6

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

I went in for service because I had a slight vibration in the front end when i would go 30-40 miled per hour and a tire shop told me it must be the rim and to take it to the dealer. I stopped by and they really didnt care to fix the rim what they really wanted was to replace my transfer case and my transmission which had nothing wrong. In all they wanted to charge me $5,500!! I took to another mechanic that fixed the transfer case for $300 and said the transmission was just fine. i will have to go to a different dealer for the rim definitely will not stop by CJ Wilson

Twitter
"I purchased a 2011 Mazda Miata Grand Touring Soft-top..."

Butch45
3/30/2013 6:19:34 PM

Bartt Bryniarski

2.4

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

I purchased a 2011 Mazda Miata Grand Touring Soft-top with automatic from this dealership in October 2011. The "out the door" price was nearly $31k.
After multiple surgeries that limited the range of motion in my cervical spine, I was unable to obtain the motion necessary to use the limited view of the vehicle safely.
On or about March 12, 2013 I visited the dealership asking what they would allow me for a "cash" sale or trade-in. A young Polish Salesman, Mr. Branski, quoted $22k, a loss of $9k in 18 months.
On March 29, 2013 I revisited the dealership and again asked the same question. I was shocked at the "cash price" quoted: $18k. So, in 18 months, the car lost $13k.
The MX-5 is in perfect condition and only has 3500 miles. In addition to all the other options on the Grand Touring model, I added the following after market items: Tinted glass, additional carpeting for the floor and dash, matching seat covers, a rear view camera, and GPS.
It appears to me that this dealership was attempting to negotiate a "low-ball" offer taking advantage of my handicap and senior citizen status. I strongly urge all future customers, especially those handicapped and elderly, consider what happened to me prior to the purchase of any car from C.J. Wilson. You can always try a different dealership. Better to drive a little further then do business with a dealership that is less then ethical.

Twitter
"This was the most awesome experience I've had at a..."

dwanh2002
2/28/2013 9:00:40 PM

Matt KuytnaMatt Kuytna

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

This was the most awesome experience I've had at a dealership. Matt went above and beyond my expectations. Definitely top notch. You always hear the horror stories when going into a dealer but they were no pressure. The guys actually look like their customers when they walk in. Very impressed with them.

Twitter
"I had the best experience at this dealership. Got..."

jcable2
2/27/2013 11:55:55 AM

Mario DanielloMario Daniello

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

I had the best experience at this dealership. Got everything set up through email with Mario, and took a train to Chicago and was picked up at the train station. They had the car already for me and it was quick and simply to purchase. No pushy sales tactics and trying to force you to buy things you do not need. I will for sure recommend this dealership and purchase from them again in the future.

Twitter
"I recently assisted my step-son in purchasing his first..."

Gstanford
1/29/2013 9:38:33 PM

Justin Anderson

My Review Of CJ Wilson Mazda of Countryside:

I recently assisted my step-son in purchasing his first car from CJ Wilson Mazda. After visiting other dealers and having to put up with all of the usual annoying sales tactics, I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable our experience with CJ Wilson was. Our sales person Justin Anderson could not have been more friendly and helpful and the lack of high pressure sales tactics was very refreshing.
Other dealerships did not want to take no for an answer when we refused their financing in favor of our own bank, they pushed for deposits to hold the car for us even after telling them we weren't even ready to buy the car yet, and called more often than a desperate ex-girlfriend. Justin and the CJ Wilson team did none of that nonsense. Yes they did offer us financing,extended warrenty,and the chance to hold the car with a deposit, but when we said we weren't interested they dropped it and moved on with the care buying process. They even offered to let us take the car home for the weekend even though we live 1.5 hours away from Countryside.
To sum it all up they did what you want a car dealer to do without the tactics that everyone dreads when buying a car.

Reviews 11-20 >>