Cardinal Honda

531 Connecticut 12,
Groton, Connecticut 06340
Cardinal Honda Info
About Cardinal Honda

Cardinal Honda in Groton, CT, also serving Hartford, CT and Providence, RI is proud to be an automotive leader in our area. Since opening our doors, Cardinal Honda has kept a firm commitment to our customers. We offer a wide selection of vehicles and hope to make the car buying process as quick and hassle free as possible. If you would like financing options and you are in the market to purchase a new Honda or used car or truck, we will provide assistance to help you find financing options that fit your needs! Whether you have bad credit, no credit, or are a first time car buyer, you can trust that Cardinal Honda will get you into the car or truck you choose with professionalism and attention to your needs.

About Cardinal Honda Learn More

Steve T.
9/24/2016

"Great experience!"

I went into Cardinal Honda looking for an Accord. It was my first time buying a car and it could not have gone any smoother! Everyone there was very considerate and made me feel very comfortable. I worked with David Briggs and Chris Kuhl, they were both very helpful and made me feel like a valued customer. I would recommend Cardinal Honda to anyone looking for a great car buying experience. Thank you!

Christopher Kuhl

Kelly83
8/13/2016

"Terrible customer service"

We have been loyal customers for years buying a number of cars from Cardinal. Unfortunately their customer service has been terrible and we will now be looking elsewhere. They don't stand behind their maintenance or repairs. We have had to pay extra or for the same repairs to be done by another mechanic. Very disappointed!

Customer service

August 13, 2016

I am sorry we didn't meet you expectations. I am out of the office today, and I am replying from my mobile device. Please call me on Monday at 860-449-0411, so that I can get some details to see if we can resolve this issue. Steve Reardon Facilitator/Guest Relations Mgr.

cevan
8/02/2016

"Updated: Oil Change ended up with a ton of fine scratches"

UPDATE: I'm going to make this as simple as possible. After the "courtesy fix" August 15th, the glaze wore off and you can see all the circular buff marks in my car, along with the original scratches and fading on my trim from running the buffer over it. I do not own a buffer, it's mysterious how they got there after the courtesy fix, but Cardinal has refused to take responsibility. I received an estimate for the damage from one professional detailer for Cardinal to front the bill. They have refused to help or pay for it. This was not about money or getting a freebie, it's about a company taking responsibility and being accountable for their actions. Simple as this: -I was told a full investigation was performed on my situation, I have asked for a copy of that. No answers for 1+ week -I have inquired about the video footage for both of my appointments August 1st, and 15th - Unanswered. -I have not been disclosed the exact details of the service performed on my vehicle August 15th I have kept a detailed log, but dealing with this has been pitiful, I'm 100% done with this company and will not recommend anyone in my circle of influence to go to them. Take note from the other recent review that says "They don't stand behind their maintenance or repairs." I am not alone. I will now have the paint corrected on my car by a professional detailer. Thank you. Ignore the comments below as well. UPDATE 8/15/16: Got an appointment to get it detailed, and now it is back to how I originally had it, I would still recommend you be cautious if you have a black exterior. In my notes for service it now says to not wash my vehicle. The recon manager who was very nice, was surprised at all of the brush strokes you could see on the car, but said he would take care of it and certainly did. The original salesman Alex took care of the loaner vehicle, and he is always very nice as well. I would like to say my dealings with the actual facilitator were ok at best, he made it a point to tell me how disappointed he is I posted on review sites before calling. I was told this twice over the phone, and again at my appointment. Is that not what working in online reputation management all about? Receiving feedback and responding positively to customers whether their feedback is good or bad? I am very responsive to situations that are handled in a positive manner or worded in a way that is not condescending. I would have been more than happy to remove this completely or 5 star it if it was facilitated differently. Regardless, a Thank you to the recon team for taking care of it and seeing the issue at hand, and my original salesman. Original 8/1/16: _____________________________________________ I thought I was doing myself a favor by going to the dealer to get an oil change. The oil change was fine, but they decided to wash my BLACK accord thinking it would be a 'bonus' when in fact all they did was completely cover my car in spiderweb scratches with a 'soft' brush. I take the time to hand-wash my car with a microfiber mit because I know exactly how to wash a black car without doing exactly what these guys did to my entire exterior. My care of the way I wash my car is now completely undone because they took it upon themselves to do a 3 minute quick wash of my car when I just wanted my oil changed and I'm left with a ton of fine-line scratches all over my car. Can clearly see how they washed it in a circular motion creating a ton of spiderweb scratches. NOTICEABLE on black.

Random

August 16, 2016

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to right the situation. We are glad that you are pleased with the outcome of your vehicle. Also we appreciate your patience while we corrected it. Steve Reardon - Facilitator

August 03, 2016

I am sorry that you experienced a problem on your recent visit to our Service Department. Please give me a call at 860-449-0411 to discuss this issue and see if we can resolve it. Thanks - Steve Reardon Facilitator - Guest Relations

knightk4
5/15/2016

"Antonio R. Sold Me a Great Car"

My experience at Cardinal Honda was great. I bought a used 2005 Honda Accord in April 2015 and the sale was smooth and easy with no pressure. I had never bought a car on my own and Antonio was very understanding and accommodating when I asked questions. I highly recommend this dealership!

Antonio Ruperto

June 16, 2016

Our team says thank you fou your business and your positive feedback.

May 16, 2016

Thank you your business and review, we appreciate it!

knightk4 responded to this review

May 15, 2016

I bought this car in April 2016, not 2015.

cuddles
1/09/2016

"good experience "

I went looking I July talked to David Briggs wasn't sure which car yet plus I wasn't ready at that time . He did not keep calling me and that what made me some back looking for him. I can't stand when the dealership keeps calling . I had good service with them for years and I would recommend them to anybody. and to ask for David Briggs

jeanne
11/30/2015

"Above and beyond call of duty!"

We chose this Honda dealer mainly because of the extended warranty, but we would choose them again even without it. It was our first new car in 8 years, so there was much to learn, and they couldn't have been more patient and helpful. They even managed to find a red one for me, and it wasn't easy. Heck, even the finance guy was actually enjoyable to work with--explained everything and made sure we understood what we were signing. Not sure of their names (except Steve-the-finance-guy, and Yvonne-our-salesman), wish I could remember them though. They deserve some recognition.

Bill French
11/25/2015

"Used car purchase"

They do not properly inspect the used cars they have for sale. I have an issue with a car I purchased and they won't return my calls. Very poor customer service...

November 25, 2015

Mr. French: I am sorry that you have this issue. I tried to look you up in our system and did not find a vehicle attached to your name. This is certainly not the way we treat our customers here at Cardinal Honda. Please give me a call at 860-449-0411 so that I can discuss this with you, and begin my process of trying to assist you with this. Steve Reardon - Facilitator 860-449-0411

Dave75
11/02/2015

"My best car buying experience !!!"

I have just puchased my 14 th car , a Honda Crosstour. The car was my focal point but the customer service at Cardinal was second to none. I have owned a Camaro, Audi, Maxima, Altima, Acura, and Lexus but I have to say I never shopped at Cardinal, well that will end because if I need another car I will surely go back to Cardinal Honda. My salesperson was J D and never once was pushy and went out of his way to accommodate me. After we sealed the day the whole dealership came out and there must of been 50 people who work throughout the dealership gave me a warm welcome to the Cardinal Family and that's how I felt. Never did I experience anything like this for anything, thank you Cardinal Honda and keep up the excellent work.

Wayne ,a mechanic said anything you need just ask for him...

Flemingo
10/21/2015

"Top notch service "

Very helpful and knowledgeable made the experience fun and easy. Never made me feel pressured. And when I did buy my crv they took the time to make sure to talk through everything again so I knew what everything did, and set everything up so I didn't have to worry about how to do I later. (Radio, phone light's etc) I will definitely recommend cardinal to any one who is looking to get a car.

Will S
10/14/2015

"Completely Satisfied"

I purchased a certified 2012 Honda Accord SE from Cardinal Honda last week, and it was the best car buying experience I've had. I had the pleasure of dealing with Bob Guffey, who made the process easy and enjoyable. You'll find it difficult to find a dealership with this level of professionalism. Thank you Guffey and Cardinal Honda!

Reviews of Alexander Davis