Centennial Toyota

Las Vegas, Nevada 89149
Centennial Toyota Info

JimS
4/17/2016

"Unscrupulous business practices and questionable ethics"

Unscrupulous business practices and questionable ethics at Centennial Toyota******** On or around, April 11th, 2016, I expressed interest in purchasing a 2015 CPO Prius stock # 00460545. The business manager contacted me on the phone and requested a deposit of $100 via credit card to secure the vehicle. I provided my credit card # and was repeatedly assured that the vehicle would be set aside while I travel from Los Angeles (LA) to Las Vegas (LV) to purchase it the next day. I then proceeded to rent a one way rental from Burbank, got a cashier's check and started to drive to LV. As I was halfway towards LV, I decided to call and inform the Sales Person Ron Shirley that I would be arriving at 6 PM. Much to utter disappointment, Ron casually mentioned that the "vehicle has been sold." When inquiring what was the point to place a deposit if the car was to be sold in an unscrupulous manner, he seemingly mocked and commented that "stuff happens." I have since contacted the General Manager, Anthony Woods explaining the matter in detail. I was assured the deposit and expenses incurred (rental, gas) would be reimbursed the next day. Almost a week later, I have yet to have the charges refunded. I have since disputed the charge with my credit card. I also plan to pursue a civil claim should the matter not be resolved favorably at the earliest. I would stay away from this dealership as they are unprofessional, dishonest and unethical. Rather than customer service, the entire apparatus is geared towards fleecing a customer. You can read my detailed report on YP, Google, BBB, Dealer Rater.

Ron Shirely, Anthony Woods

charlie
3/03/2016

"dishonest dealer"

made the mistake of buying a Certified Corolla LE 2014. After we had agreed on the price (no discount at all) they came with the story that the only way to go ahead with the deal was to finance the car because if I bought it cash they would be "losing money". My first mistake was to accept this condition and we proceeded to sign the papers. when I noticed that the final price was higher than expected I asked to see the car price in the contract. The price had been increased 700 dollars by a "certified car fee" that he insisted was standard (this turned out to be a flat lie). It was late and I decided (wrong again) to go ahead with the deal. What I did not see was that they had added 1000 dollars for an alarm system that I did not request and they did not disclose. When I went back the following day another financial guy had the nerve to tell me that the alarm system was something they install in all their cars and that I had to pay for it (of course this turned out to be another lie, something that was confirmed by one of their sales staff). At the end I was able to recoup only the 700 dollars of the " fake certified fee". They refused to take back the alarm system that I did not request and as result they effectivelly overcharged me 1000. This guys acted in a very dishonest way. I will never set foot in that place again and I advice not to have any business with them.

Bohram

russell4right3
3/02/2016

"Service dept"

Don't get your auto serviced here. They overcharge on most things. There is always a estimated quote given to all customers anywhere. Was given nothing. If I didn't ask about the oil change price of $79 I would of been shocked. Battery terminal had some corrosion on it and was told "we will take that off and check the battery". When the came out they said a new battery was needed. Declined the new battery. Then got the bill and was told $35 charge was for battery check. A wire brush to take off corrosion would work. I didn't ask them to do anything to the battery , especially for $35 dollars. This service dept. is very , very shady. Please save your time and sanity ang somewhere else, anywhere else. I will never return to purchase or service another car here again. Please read other reviews for this dealership before you decide to try them. If you want to risk your money go to a casino instead.

Service dept

apolep3795
1/04/2016

"Wouldn't honor their own internet price"

I went in to trade in my 2014 car, to hopefully hop into a 2015 Prius. First of all, they lowballed my trade, and after a fair bit of arguing, they came up to a normal number in the ballpark of where it is worth. When we went to negotiate the price of a 2015 Prius on Dec 30, 2015 before the new year hit, they offered me $700 off MSRP. When I asked about internet pricing and the Toyota Cash option, they wouldn't honor either of them. It's the day before new years and they expect to sell a car at MSRP?! Ridiculous joke of a dealership. Not worth time or effort.

Latoya

Nunya
1/03/2016

"Lost nearly $10 cash due to a bad deal"

Please take this review very seriously when considering buying a car from this place... they have cost me nearly $10k and offered me $900 as a trade in for a car they'd sold me only 2 months prior for $7500. I purchased a used Corolla on 10/22/15, the car had only 80k miles on it (roughly) for $7500 (tax&fees brought it up to well over $8k). On 12/23/15 the serpentine belt fell off which can be very dangerous when you are driving (you lose power steering). I took it to Findlay Toyota and was informed the bolt holding the belt had broken and was lost in the engine. I agreed to pay nearly $1k to have the work done, but when they completed it they informed me the engine was knocking and would need to be replaced. This would cost $4600. They advised me of the work Centennial had done and replacing this belt was one of them. This made me wonder if the reason it fell off was due to them not properly installing it. Findlay suggested I take it to Centennial and that if I'd purchased it from them they would help me out of this situation. I called Centennial 4x the following business day and got no return phone calls. The next morning I started calls again and spoke to a sales "manager" named Jason who showed zero empathy, handed me off to the service dept and I had to make an appt w them. When I checked in at 9am on Saturday they were under the impression I was going to pay for them to confirm the diagnosis. The service "manager" did not hear the knocking until I went to the car with him and pointed it out; at that time he agreed it was there. This confirmed it was overlooked when they initially "inspected" it. If I could vaguely hear it the day I drove it home then I can see how it was overlooked. With that being said, this car should have been taken back into their possession and money should have been refunded in full. That is the ethical and correct thing to do as a company. Needless to say that did not happen. Instead they offered me $900 toward a trade in. It gets worse, the sales boy (Ody, who had been there 2 months) offered me $2500 as a trade and they'd pay off my loan. Ody had no clue how an actual loan works which is really sad since he's attempting to sell them to customers. He kept telling me they were going to take care of my loan balance... when I met with finance (after 4 hours of waiting) I notice they loan was refinanced into this new loan and the trade in was listed as $900. Basically these morons thought I was as dumb as them and would just look at my monthly payment and run. I asked to speak with a manager and here come Jason again. This idiot had already passed me off to Ody the moment service walked me into the sales room. How this loser managed to get "manager" added to his title speaks volumes as to how this place is run, very ignorantly. He told me he would increase it to $1400 and I can either take it or leave and take my car elsewhere. He was rude, unprofessional, and condescending (which is the all-time low coming from a car salesman, dressed as if he has an adult job). At any rate, I walked and I went to a Honda dealership, bought a brand new 2016 civic which I know won't die at 80k miles and from a respected dealership that has integrity. FYI for any of you that have had similar experiences with this awful business, please call Toyota directly to place your complaint; the number is 800-331-4331 One last thing to keep in mind, test it if you must, call the dealership, leave a message for someone, anyone and see if they call you back. Believe me you will want to work with a company that returns calls in case something does come up after you purchase. Check online reviews, you'll see they are known for not returning calls. Another thing to notice is the 30+ sales reps walking the parking lot, but they have only 4-5 finance employees which is why it takes 8 hours to even get out of this place. You will also notice each review will show a reply from the owner, this is an auto reply generated in order to appear as if they are handling the negative complaints, trust me, they are not.

Jason, wanna be manager of sales. Ody, clueless about loans, sales boy

classicauto
6/26/2015

"worst dealer in vegas"

I would never own a Toyota after dealing with this service department, I'll be trading my toyota for a different manufacturer that know how to offer real service, run as far away as you can from centennial toyota.

Tom, Oscar

drdeanoauto
5/08/2015

"Tom blemings crooked"

this gentleman and I use the word loosely double charged on brake job rotor turn charge me for an alignment but you never performed I had to take it to another shop to verify it and then bring it back to have them do it couldn't diagnose the problem if he was constipated and have bleeding hemorrhoids she couldn't tell you what his problem was the sky is so terrible stay away from Centennial Toyota service and especially compliments after bet its Better Business Bureau was notified they totally contradicted the story that I told them and the records I proved everything but they still lied to Better Business Bureau if they'll do that I wouldn't trust them to put a valve stem in a tire

tom blemmings

Go to any dealer prepared!
5/05/2015

"no such thing as on line purchase"

On 4/28/15 I e-mailed Centennial Toyota about an on line price for a 2015 Prius 2. I was told to drop by the next morning and I could receive one. I felt then I was in trouble. My contact person hooked me up with a sales person. Even more trouble, I thought. After about forty minutes the sales person and the manager brought me a deal structure for my Prius 2 with a MSRP of $25,250. They show me a price of $22,767. The Toyota Web site showed a $2000 discount on that vehicle. I told them that was way too high. The manager asked me how much I wanted to pay. That really ticked me off. I told them that was not how an e-mail purchase was supposed to work and I walked out. I contacted another dealer by e-mail. They had the exact same vehicle. I had an answer in less than thirty minutes later with a price of $20,563 with an out the door price with taxes, etc; included for $23,067. That was just $300 more than Centennial's deal. With the Centennial deal in my hand I felt like I had a screw in my back. They will no longer be servicing my 2007 Prius Touring Edition either.

Stacey, Rocky and manager.

JOEM
2/19/2015

"FIRST AND LAST TIME GETTING CAR SERVICE DONE HERE!!!"

ON 02/19/2015, I SPOKE TO RUSS (SERVICE AGENT) OVER THE PHONE, QUOTED ME AT $39.99 FOR JUST AN OIL CHANGE ON A 2013 COROLLA. I ASKED HIM AGAIN ABOUT THE PRICING ONCE I GOT THERE (IT SOUNDED LIKE A GOOD DEAL) HE ASKED ME ABOUT A FREE WASH AS WELL SO I AGREE TO IT. WELL WHEN IT WAS TIME TO PAY MY RATE WHEN UP TO $69.50!! HE BEGAN MAKING UP ABOUT HOW THE CAR USES SYNTHETIC AND A LITTLE OVER 6 QUARTS!! REALLY ON A COROLLA!! AND TO TOP IT OFF THEY SLAPPED A STICKER WITH MAINTENANCE DUE IN 5,000 MILES. REALLY WITH SYNTHETIC OIL.! I COULD TELL THE CAR WASN'T EVEN WASHED EITHER..!I CALLED THERE WAS NO SERVICE MANAGER AROUND LEFT A MESSAGE WITH KEVIN..I'M STILL WAITING ON THAT CALL BACK... I KNOW WE ALL HAVE A JOB TO DO AND MONEY TO MAKE BUT THATS NOT THE WAY.. FOR THAT PRICE OTHER DEALERS WILL ROTATE UR TIRES AND DO ADDITIONAL SERVICES!! IN THE FUTURE I WILL BE TAKING BOTH MY TOYOTA VEHICLES ELSEWHERE.....

RUSS

djms
8/26/2014

"Use Caution"

While I think the Service Department at Centennial Toyota does work above and beyond any Service Department in the Valley, I would highly recommend against anyone buying from the Sales Team. In brief, they are not professional, they are poorly trained, have poor customer service and communication skills and run some boarder-line scams if you are tentative enough to notice. Having bought four vehicles in the last eight years, I would recommend Findlay first or Desert secondarily far over Centennial Toyota. The Managers and Assistant Managers seem to have the customer service and efficiency I expect, but the training and communication stops there and please don’t try to get anyone on the sales team below that level to try to explain any part of the process or the agreements. I have never experienced a dealership behave so unprofessionally. The salesman assigned to me talked to me like a child and lectured me when the process started to fail on his end. The vehicle I was purchasing wasn’t secured and at one point and time the dealership explored the possibility it was stolen and called me (I had picked the vehicle up and it was in my possession thankfully). Another representative got upset because I called to check on the status of the vehicle and accidentally stated her contempt of this while on speaker phone with the salesperson. My finance paperwork had to be redone several times and this is where you must USE CAUTION. They attempted to give me a much higher rate than discussed, and I have excellent credit, with longer terms than discussed and also they charge everybody for VIN etching which they claim helps identify stolen vehicles. The charge, which they say you must pay, but nobody I encountered could explain, is $199. You can do this yourself for around $25 and oftentimes insurance companies offer it for free. Another hint, your VIN is stamped in multiple locations on your vehicle where thieves cannot remove it. The rub on this is that this vehicle was previously purchased at Centennial, so the person who bought it before paid the same fee for something I didn’t want and then they charged me for something that was already done! Towards the end of the experience I was cold, demanding and wouldn’t compromise (and got my own financing) and finally got things done, but it wasn’t pleasant for me nor for the staff who hadn’t the training or skills to deal with a customer who was demanding and fed-up the tactics they had been taught to utilize. I’ve left shaking hands and satisfied every other time I have bought a vehicle. This dealership uses tactics that are the nightmare tactics you hear of in car buying experiences, unless you are very car-buying savvy and detail oriented in reading every letter of the agreement then don’t waste your time when we have so many other dealerships in town with people who care about their customers.

Poor Salesmen, Poor Financing