Covert Buick GMC Austin

11750 Research Blvd # D,
Austin, Texas 78759
Covert Buick GMC Austin Info
About Covert Buick GMC Austin

Welcome to Covert Buick GMC in Austin, the only fifth generation, family-owned GMC and Buick dealer in Texas. We've been serving our friends in Austin, San Antonio and Houston for 104 years and counting! Our knowledgeable staff is proud to serve Central Texas with great new and used cars and trucks. Our Austin Buick and GMC showroom is ahead of the curve. Our body shop, staffed with knowledgeable parts and repair technicians, has extended hours (M-F 7am-6pm Saturday 8am-1pm) and complimentary service loaners for our San Antonio Buick GMC customers. Using our website, you can conveniently schedule a service appointment and order parts from your one-stop Buick and GMC shop. Finding Covert Buick GMC in Austin, Texas is very easy. Use our driving directions page to print out directions from your location to ours! Come see why San Antonio GMC and Buick drivers have been coming to Covert Buick GMC of Austin, Texas for over 100 years! Visit us today!

About Covert Buick GMC Austin

RV
1/27/2016

"Excellent service, and truly no-hassle pricing"

This dealership really understands today's customer. I bought a 2016 GMC Sierra. They had a great selection and pricing was very competitive without having to waste a lot of time with back and forth negotiating. It's obvious that this dealership knows that with today's technology buyers have a plethora of information and this dealership eliminates the games and just gets down to business. Ricardo Casas did an excellent through the whole sales process. I would certainly recommend him to friends and family.

January 28, 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and we are thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience with Ricardo. He was happy to help find the perfect vehicle for you! Congratulations on the new GMC Sierra and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

MattLisa2014
1/22/2016

"Great experience"

There was no pressure, all of our questions were answered, and we got a great deal. This is the second car I have purchased from Covert. The whole process was pretty quick and very professional. Our salesman Ricardo Casas was absolutely awesome! Thank you Covert Buick GMC for making everything a pleasure.

Mitchell in finance

January 25, 2016

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are thrilled you had such a positive experience and found the perfect vehicle for you. Ricardo loved working with you and we look forward to seeing you again!

Jcmesser
1/18/2016

"Customer service is worth far more than the vehicles "

Went in to purchase a van and met Cory Rutherford, we did not find the vehicle we wanted but felt like Cory had our best interest in mind. We happened to find another vehicle and Cory was the ONLY salesmen we would deal with. Throughout the entire process he was personable and genuine, I felt like he couldn't care less about selling a vehicle and more about ensuring we were taken care of. I could not recommend Cory Rutherford more, an absolute gentleman and professional. While we were in the closing portion Eric Rameriez the finance manager was incredible as well, he went above and beyond in a very short amount of time. I might not live close to Austin, TX but I will gladly drive a great distance simply to do business with Cory, Eric and the Covert Team. Thank you again for everything.

Cory Rutherford

January 25, 2016

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and found a vehicle for you. Cory and Eric appreciate the positive feedback as well and loved working with you to find you a great vehicle. We look forward to seeing you again!

lilones3
1/18/2016

"Friendly service--Great experience"

Great experience from the minute we called regarding a used Dodge Ram 3500 on the lot! Mark was prompt to meet us when we showed up on site. Very friendly staff. Would definitely purchase from Mark again!

January 25, 2016

Thank you so much for the review, we appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled you had such a positive experience with us! Congratulations on the new Ram.

George C
1/16/2016

"Great Buying Experence"

I drove 300 miles to buy a new GMC pickup from Covert . They had the best price and a large inventory to chose from . Made the deal by phone and then completed the paper work after arriving at the dealership the next day . Wayne Wallace was friendly and had everything ready when I arrived . The finance office was helpful to explain every item and I wasn't pressured to buy unwanted extras . It was a great buying experience from beginning to end . George C

January 25, 2016

George, Thank you so much for the feedback, we appreciate the review and we are thrilled you had such a positive experience with us. Congrats on the new vehicle!

todped
1/07/2016

"Incompetent or Dishonest?"

My daughter and I spent four hours choosing, test driving and filling out paperwork on a used vehicle at Covert. We got the financing underway and signed a stack of papers for the “Sale” explicitly because they had to account for the sale at year end or so we were told. I also left a 1000.00 deposit to secure the car and based on my credit report, they wasted no time checking my credit. The car had a mechanical problem that was to be fixed, so we were told to return to complete the financing and pick up the car. Or so we thought. When we returned, the car was “no longer available”, It had been SOLD TO SOMEONE ELSE. According to them, the sale wasn’t complete because the financing wasn’t finished even though I sat with the finance officer, signed all the paperwork and was not told, in any way, that the car might be sold from underneath us if financing was not completed then and there. Our intent was to return when the car was ready and cosign the note to help develop our daughters credit. Somewhere along the line, Peter didn’t tell Paul that the car was committed to us. I don’t know what you call it, I call it gross incompetence and just plain bad customer service. To add insult to injury, no apology was offered, no alternative or option, no “can we call you if another car like it comes up?”. Nada.. So we drove over 100 miles making two trips, spent hours in the process and even got a credit ding. All for nothing because, of the dozens of people at Covert, they couldn’t manage mark this car sold. Yes, I’m angry. Angry enough to let as many people as possible know that this is NOT the place to buy a car.

Johnathan/Ray

January 25, 2016

We appreciate that you have taken the time to give us this review. We truly value feedback as it allows us to better serve our customers in the future. We also apologize for the miscommunication that took place. We would like to contact you to fully understand everything that occurred during your visit here. Please call our Service Manager Ben Prakop - 512-583-3423, our Customer Service rep Abby Johnson -512-583-3449, or Chris Cannatti our General Sales Manager 512-583-3213.

radckdgmc
12/27/2015

"Informative, professional, honest, hassel free"

We bought two vehicles from Covert and have a relationship with them for the past 10 years. We have never been steered wrong, as a matter of fact when I did have an issues they resolved with great professionalism. So when we encountered Mark "Cowboy" Welch we knew we met another great sales person that made us feel comfortable and he was extremely helpful and honest. The whole process went well, including are meeting with Mitchell Beaty. We think that is the reason we stay loyal to this dealership is they have treated us like family. Thank you Mr. Welch, Mr. Beaty and to the whole Covert experience!

Mitchell Beaty

RJ
11/27/2015

"honest and forthright "

In a 5 minute conversation (without having been to this dealership ) I was given more information an customer service then 2 previous dealerships. They emphasize Accurate and Honest paperwork, extremely helpful. Not pushy very comfortable environment and just 180* difference between prior experiences with other dealerships. Thank you Cowboy!

Mitchell

Rod861
10/26/2015

"Excellent new car purchase experience"

I found a truck that I wanted on their website and was transferred to Ricardo when I called. I had been looking for weeks and when I found this truck, the price was so much better than my local dealer that I just had to call and verify that it was correct. Happily, the vehicle was "as advertised" and was arriving on their lot within a couple of days. The dealership was very nice and I was immediately introduced to Ricardo who had the vehicle ready for me to look at. I took a short test drive and then purchased the vehicle. I had previously stopped at a nationwide used car dealer and had an appraisal for my trade, so that part was trivial. Ricardo took the time to make sure that I had all my stuff out of my trade and understood all the controls on the new vehicle. He helped me get OnStar setup and even paired my phone. The paperwork was the standard stuff with no surprises and I was introduced to Bill (Sales Manager) and Sherry (Customer Service Manager). I was at the dealership about 2 1/2 hours and that includes looking at a couple of Yukons first, the test drive, and learning/setup before I left. Everyone that I met was friendly, helpful, and competent (some places this is a problem). Glad I made the 100+ mile trek to north Austin - I will do it again for my next GMC.

casey43209
9/11/2015

"The Cowboy experience."

My wife told me that I could not say, "rode hard and put away wet," so I'll phrase it better. The Cowboy rode easy, spoiled us, pampered us and made our buying experience more fun than we ever expected. This cowboy was so good, he didn't even give me the desire to dicker just a little bit. Pam says the SUV we bought is better than she expected and the nicest, most convenient vehicle we have ever purchased. Even the "Cowboy banter" was excellent. I think we met the banter Guru. Thanks for the great experience. Jerry and Pam

Reviews of Mark Welch