Cross Country Enterprises

RR 1 Box 1070, Hop Bottom, Pennsylvania 18824

Makes: Used Car Dealer

Cross Country Enterprises
Cross Country Enterprises Info

"Father/Son operation. I bought a truck and they picked me..."

Father/Son operation. I bought a truck and they picked me up at the airport with both tanks full of diesel. Good honest folk. If the opener unity arises I'll use them again.

Dan

"We were looking for a diseal pick up for serveral months,..."

We were looking for a diseal pick up for serveral months, and they really helped us find the perfect truck...They also took our trade which was great, so we didn't have to try and sell it on our own. We also felt they gave us a really good price on the truck, and would go back in the future.

Dan

"I was coming from 3 hours away to look at the truck I..."

I was coming from 3 hours away to look at the truck I bought so the week before I went I was emailing Cross Country with a lot of questions to be sure it was worth the trip. They were very informative and descriptive and when I got to see the truck in person I actually thought he undersold the truck in his description. I drove the truck home over 150 miles and had absolutely zero issues. Very friendly and easy to work with in purchasing. Extremely pleased with every aspect of this purchase and would definitely look to them in the future for a pickup.

Bob

"I almost bought a truck from Cross Country, but there was..."

I almost bought a truck from Cross Country, but there was a misunderstanding between me, them and a 3rd party mechanic I had look at the truck. They were always very friendly and professional. I don't agree with the non-refundable deposit, and I had a hard time finding a qualified diesel mechanic in the area to inspect the truck.

Bob Dan

"After looking all up and down the east coast for months..."

After looking all up and down the east coast for months for the truck I really wanted, I was about to give up and just buy something to get by. That is until, last July, when I was looking online on autotrader and I found the truck I had been looking for, for months, at Cross Country Enterprises, a dealer in Northern Pennsylvania that specializes in diesel 3/4 ton and up pickup trucks primarily. It was 9:30 at night when I found it, but I didn't care. I called up the dealer and spoke with the owner, Bob, who transferred me to his son, Dan, who filled me in on the truck. I asked him a million questions and he was nothing but eager and polite to answer all of my questions, honestly. I decided then and there that I was going to drive up the next day, and look at the truck. Now let me inform you, I live in Baltimore, Maryland and this dealer is about 20 miles south of the Pennsylvania/New York state line. It is definitely a hike to get there. Before departing, I logged onto this site and yes, read the 2 ill favored reviews, causing me to be a little nervous. I still decided to go through with this though and proceeded on with my roadtrip to buy the truck. I arrived in the early afternoon in the small village of Hop Bottom, and was very skeptical of the whole situation. I had just driven over 4 hours to this area and was in the middle of no where, my GPS saying I was only a few miles away still. Finally, after going up, down and all around the hills and twists and turns, we arrived to the families dealer. The dealer is built on what looks to be the families own residential property, as there is a home very close by. It was very clean, and there were around a dozen trucks parked around the lot. I spotted my truck and immediately started going over the whole thing with a fine attention to detail. Sure enough, everything Dan had told me had been true up until this point. He had been honest and forthright, which was a sigh of relief. I ended up test driving the truck and everything worked fine on the truck. We got back to the dealer and talked over the price and whatnot with Dan. I told him I wanted 24 hours to think about buying the truck. The next evening, I arrived around 930 at night with a check in hand and paid for the truck and left. 2 days later, completely unexpectedly, I had a steel hard brake line rust away and start spilling brake fluid out everywhere. Dan paid for the repair immediately apologizing up and down. 6 months into owning this truck and I have had NO major problems besides the brake line issue. I will be needing the following new "consumable type regular service parts" soon that include: -tires -brake pads -upper and lower balljoints -front leafspring bushings *I will also be needing to install a new oil pan and gasket as the current one has developed the "notorious" 7.3 liter leaky oil pan issue. Overall, I was very pleased with the entire experience and would highly recommend this dealer to anyone looking for a diesel truck at a decent price. The distance away sucked, and the truck was dirty inside, outside and under the hood, but that is irrelevant. I spent a few days when I got back home cleaning it and you can't even tell how it was when I bought it. If you want something bad enough, you will make it work out. Again, I was treated great and would highly recommend this dealer to anyone I know looking for a used diesel truck.

Dan Cross

"I had purchased a Ram 3500 Diesel from this place. It..."

I had purchased a Ram 3500 Diesel from this place. It seemed like a reputable place. However on the way home after purchasing the truck, the engine quit. It would idle but when you went to apply the throttle it stalled out. This was due to an engine compression problem because someone who didnt know about diesel engines had monkeed with it. That wasnt the worst because my licensed dodge mechanic showed me that the truck had minor flood damage when I was not informed of this prior to the the purchase as required by law. After putting 5000 in repairs and replacement parts the truck runs like a dream, full power and a real workhorse. Moral of the story watch out for these a**holes, i learned a costly lesson and I hope what I had said here helps someone else from being taken for a ride you dont want.

Bob, Owner

"I purchased this car by driving 4 hours from another..."

I purchased this car by driving 4 hours from another state, (yes the price was that good) but 20/20 hindsight showed that what we gained in saving money on the car, we lost in our customer service experience. We should have known by having to turn off the paved road to get there, but the place is a 4X4 dealership, so I didn't think much of it. The car was advertised as an EX but turned out to be an LX, and was not cleaned on the inside at all (dog hair everywhere). The sales contract was a computer printout with information on it not pertaining to our sale, which our salesman just crossed out. My state would not register me without a hassle because the bill of sale looked so fraudulent. When I called the owner, Bob, for help all I got was a big attitude. He even blamed the problem on me because of waiting so long to register the car. By the end of our last conversation, Bob said to just bring the car back if I didn't like the way he did business. I think that is a poor attitude for the owner of an establishment to take, even after the sale. I would never do business with a person or establishment of such quality again.

Bob (the owner)