Dave Arbogast RV Depot

Average

Dave Arbogast RV Depot
Dave Arbogast RV Depot Info

Holman Motors, Inc.

"Problems with Rockwod ROO 233 Travel Trailer"

In 2008 I purchased a new ROO 233 (Hybrid) Travel Trailer. Within three years the front bed unit had to be replaced because of water damage, and now the other two bed units are water damaged and will have o be replaced. I have asked Arbogast to help with a resolution but so far they won't even talk to me about it. The dealer sold me a defective product and I think they should be held accountable concerning a resolution to the problem. I have recently asked Arbogast for some type of consideration on a trade to a bigger camper, but they won't even respond to me. Bottom line: Arbogast Customer Service sucks; don't buy a hybrid camper.

sales rep, vp of company

"Extremely Unpleasant Experience"

We went to Dave Arbogast to look at a 2014 Pleasure Way Pursuit. The salesman could not find the Pursuit on the computer inventory until we showed him how he had to search for it. After he figured out that we were not interested in what he called his interview - asking questions about what we wanted in an RV (we were only there to see the Pursuit) - he took us to see the motorhome and the entire walk he was telling us about other non-Pleasure Way RVs. We really liked the interior of the Pursuit and wanted to test drive it. This entailed going back into the showroom so that the salesman could enter our personal information into the computer and print a personalized Test Drive Agreement. After about five minutes, the salesman returned with the Agreement which had a lot of missing information (blank spaces) and wanted us to sign it. One of the terms which we would be agreeing to was that we had "in effect full coverage collision and liability insurance which would apply to the vehicle identified below" - the Pursuit. As we felt uncomfortable signing a form with missing information and unsure of whether our insurance would cover test driving a motorhome, we asked to speak to a manager. The manager assured us that our insurance would cover us as "insurance follows the driver". Luckily, we left without test driving the vehicle - I spoke to our insurance agent today and, SURPRISE!, our insurance does not cover test driving a motor home - it only covers test driving a car. After our visit we felt 1) that the dealership did not want to sell us the Pleasure Way Pursuit and 2) the dealership lacks adequate knowledge of computer use, salesmanship, and insurance coverages.

Frank P., Gary Y.

"We were in the market of buying our first travel trailer..."

We were in the market of buying our first travel trailer and having already looked at different dealers across the area we saw one we liked at Dave arbogast. James (salesman) came out and started talking to us about it and it seemed like he wasn't very enthused about his job. It was more like we inconvenienced him. After we talked price and got it to were we were comfortable and thought it was a good price we proceeded to buy it. We brought it to his attention that the tv didn't have a remote and he said he could take care of it,(Which took almost 2 weeks to get) Now were the frustrating part begins. Everytime I called and left a message it took forever to get a response. Even when I left messages for the manager to call I did not get a call back. But when it came time to sign paperwork and pickup the rv our appointment was at 4:30. We were about 5 late and they called more in that 5 minutes than they ever did wonder were we were at. Then once we did the walk around and the guy who I forgot his name was showing us the features and operations of the inside of the travel trailer I asked if the furnace worked. He said yes and turned it on for about a minute then turned it off. Well as I drove away with my first travel trailer I used it for the first time in november and the furnace did not work. It worked for about 10 seconds and just shut off. I took it into there shop and they told me it would be around $320 to fix. I said you guys knew it didn't work and they didn't offer anything to resolve it. Even my emails went unanswered. I told them to just park it out front and I will come get it. I will never go back and I have told others to go elsewhere to purchase there rv. Customer service sucks. There all about if you don't buy it someone else will. If you do buy from them make sure the furnace and stuff runs for a long time to be sure. Don't let them just cut it off and take there word,otherwise you will be buying electric heaters when your stuck in the cold

Salesman james stumpf

"We were very pleased with Ed Cross. He was informative,..."

We were very pleased with Ed Cross. He was informative, very nice and knew what we were looking for. He understood why we had a price range, being that we are retired, so there was no "HARD SELL" to purchase our camper. He was able to work with us and we are very happy with our purchase and the way we were treated. To just name a few of the people we had contact with: Ed, Sales, Karen & Jason, Finance, Jinny, Reception and Brendon Service, All of these people were so nice and very helpful. We really felt welcome but more importantly,they all were very knowledgeable and knew what they were talking about. They answered all our questions and we felt confident with our purchase. To say the least it WAS an enjoyable experience.

Ed Cross and staff.

"Visited these folks and felt uncomfortable. Not sure,..."

Visited these folks and felt uncomfortable. Not sure, but I think they were just trying to get me into anything. We are helping my elderly folks get into a good RV situation, so they can visit the kids more and go camping. They live in Ohio and I when I visited we tried Arbogast. Here in Loveland there is a RV Four Seasons outlet and I am leaning more toward my just getting them the deal they deserve and I won't get stuck with having to deal with issues. This is important, because there are so many logistics involved. Steve Casey's crew have been so responsive to all my little issues and we can shop online, so I know my folks will be actively involved in choosing the home away from home that is right for them. Glad I visited this site and wish I could say better things about the Arbogast experience.

Wish I could say who spoke to us that day.

"I recently purchased a 2008 keystone hideout 27ft travel..."

I recently purchased a 2008 keystone hideout 27ft travel trailer. I paid cash and felt I got a very good price after shopping around for months on end. I was promised a spare tire due to my camper not having one at the time of purchase. Well It has been 6 weeks my 30 day tag is expired. I still have not received my spare tire or my TITLE! My camper is sitting in the driveway unusable. We wanted to take it camping for this weekend (labor day) but thats hard to do with no tags and I wont pull it out of the driveway without a spare. I have called Mr. Burroughs several times and have not received a call back yet! Finally I got ahold of Brent the used rv gm and he took care of the title issue today but i have to go pick it up. I still have not received my spare. I would not recommend my worst enemy go to Arbogast after the way i was treated.

Dan Burroughs

"RV sales, we stopped to look at a class A, we received a..."

RV sales, we stopped to look at a class A, we received a price for the used motor home, and the slide did not work in order for us to buy the motor home we were told we would have to pay for the fix. The sales person said it was as clean as it would be for the price. The second motor home, we agreed a price, the air conditioner’s did not work we were told we would have to pay for the fix, one week later we called about the same motor home they said everything worked and it’s in great shape, not sure why it’s still here, in fact nothing has changed. We have purchased from Dave Arbogast before and the deal was not great, but not really bad, good enough to return. The new manager of the used sales is seeing great sales, THE SALES MAN TOLD US best in years, well the USA is seeing great RV sales, THE SALES MAN TOLD US, my experience would tell me, the return of customers when times are not so great, is what drives success, it would appear the owner, should look beyond what is at hand. Great at the moment is good for the guy running the used sales department. Not so great for everyone else that works there.

ed and tim one other person

"I needed to upgrade to a 5th wheel Toy Hauler from a..."

I needed to upgrade to a 5th wheel Toy Hauler from a regular 5th wheel travel trailer. I knew exactly what I was looking for) Keystone Raptor 310-TS. I has not in a hurry, I took about 2 years shopping the Southern Michigan Dealerships. At one point I contacted Arborgast for a quote on-line, Cristy promptly replied was very competitive price, I blew it off, I didn't even reply back. I felt like I'd be wasting more time? I continued to comb the dealerships here in Michigan and was very close to having one built to order. Then I decided to give Arborgast a try, Ed Cross was able to get me the price I was very happy with, and after a couple days work Justin was able to get me financing at the rate I was looking for. It was that easy, I should have went to Arborgast first but I had never heard of them so? I have read some treads on-line where it's been said that they are able to provide competitive prices by reducing or eliminating advertisement costs, and also conduct there own RV Shows @ there Dealership in Troy, Ohio. This all made great business sense to me on both our behaves. So I made that short trip (175 mi.) down to Ohio to make my purchase, and was on my way back around noon. I wish I's taken more time to check the place out, like the boats but I was in a hurry to get back home. I found this Dealership to be the largest I've ever been to, and the most updated in all regards, it's awesome! You could get lost. Anyway through this process I was introduced to many of the staff, at times they doubled up to assist. Never at anytime was I pressured or distracted about anything, they were only there to inform and assist. I'd have to say this was the most pleasant purchase experience that I've ever had, conducted by the friendliest and most knowledgeable folks I've ever met. I'll be going back, wish they sold Ford products... Anyway check Arborgast out, save yourself all that time and frustration early in the hunt for your next RV. Mark from Michigan. : )

ED Cross, Justin

"As you can tell from my rating, our experience was great...."

As you can tell from my rating, our experience was great. From the time I contacted Mike about a Class B motorhome listed on the Internet to driving out the lot with a new (to us) Roadtrek, everything was first class. Having driven 400 miles to a dealership we knew nothing about could have turned out badly. But negotiations were unstressful, prices were fair, selection was better than could be expected, prepping was thorough (including the wheel balancing) and the walk through by Brendon was complete. This is our 6th motorhome and this purchase was the most satisfying. Thanks Mike for the time you patiently spent with us.

Mike Ohl, Brendon

"Very poor customer service. After you purchase an RV, DO..."

Very poor customer service. After you purchase an RV, DO NOT expect customer service. If you have Pat Borton as a salesperson, please do not count on him for anything other than taking your money. He does not respond to emails or phone calls, ever. What a SHAM. I would not recommend Arbogast RV.

Pat Borton