Dublin Honda

Dublin Honda Info

South Bay Honda

Mike
2/13/2016

"brake pad replacement and transmission fluid change"

On Feb 12, 2016 I had my Honda Fit serviced to have the brake pads replaced and the transmission fluid changed. Dolores in the service department assisted me. I brought the car in at 7:00 in the morning and she said that it would be ready by 4:00. At about 9:30 I received happy news that the rear brake pads did not need to be replaced. I received a call at 12:00 to say that the car was ready to be picked up. To me they were honest an reasonably priced as I did some checking on the Internet and by calling around. Dealerships are a tad more expensive but they do give you peace of mind knowing that the work was done right with quality parts. I would highly recommended them. I want to note that I work in education and am no way affiliated with the dealership or anyone who works there.

Dolores

honda2006
2/11/2016

"multiple services"

I came to express oil change service about 10am and I realize my car needs couple of recommended services. I came to see service advisor-Brad Bailey if he can do the services without appointment the same day and he was kind enough to do them and even gave me a car loaner for the day to do my errands. He is courteous, helpful and explained to me in detail the job involve with prices. The job was completed as promised. I am satisfied with the service and will continue to see BRAD on my car services even with the extra miles drive. I am a 50m accross the bridge customer

Brad Bailey-service advisor

josie.wong.ci
10/13/2015

"Gold Digging"

We have been a Honda family for over 16 years. We brought our 2013 Honda Accord for a simple oil change and the Express Service manager, "H", did not hesitate to recommend: a 30k maintenance service ($650), 2 front tires replaced because a nail was found in one tire (recommended we get two front tires $275), tire rotation ($20). We were told the passenger front tire had a nail in it and for $47 could be patched but would eventually the unsafe tire would need to be replaced. Initially agreed to have a new tire replacement if price matched with Costco. Service Guy continued to say that it best be we buy two (2) front tires instead on one (1) so we could enjoy balanced feel on the road on two (2) front tires. After some bantering back and forth, we decided only for the oil change covered by a Honda Care Plan and a tire rotation. We were beginning to sense this Service Guy really was not completely transparent (honest) but out to drum up business anyway possible and my hubs and I looked like easy marks being senior citizens and kind a slow on the uptake. We signed off on the $20 tire rotation and was told before we hit the door, that the nail puncture hadn't caused any leak. Huh? What???? We were bantering like the tire was about to explode on the road with the nail in it???? We left Honda Service Center and asked the Livermore Costco Tire Guy if we indeed needed two (2) new front tires. He found that there was a tiny nail that didn't make a complete puncture (no leaks!) and that we had 80% tread left and he wouldn't make the same recommendation the Honda Service guy made. Bottomline: too premature for new tires. Save your $$$ and go get yourself some Costco hotdogs and some good snacks. Grrrrrr. Beware of those who only want to make a fast buck and don't really have your best interest at heart. I gave an extra star for charm anyway because the Gold Digging Oil Service Guy.

Harold

Arms
9/08/2015

"Pathetic Service Department"

I scheduled a service appointment for 7:30 a.m. We just moved to Northern California from Southern California. When I scheduled the appointment, I also arranged for a loaner vehicle. I explained to the Honda representative with whom I made the appointment that I had to have a car at 7:30 a.m. in order to make an 8:00 a.m. meeting. I was told that a car would be waiting for me. When I arrived at 7:20 a.m., I explained the purpose of my visit and asked when I should pick up the loaner car. The service representative told me that it wasn't possible to get a car that early. When I asked why I was told otherwise, he began deriding me, even going so far as to question the veracity of my statements. I was shocked by this representative's hostility, rudeness, and demeaning attitude. After a few minutes with this person, I elected to leave without getting service. I've owned four Honda vehicles. My family has owned 13. Although this experience won't drive me away from Honda, it will ensure that I never visit Dublin Honda again, either to have a car serviced or to buy a new Honda. I'd much rather drive more miles and deal with someone who properly represents the Honda brand than to deal with Dublin Honda again. Good riddance.

No Idea

MPI
8/11/2015

"Horrible finance manager!!!"

There's a reason why I don't buy honda but my son wanted one. So we went to Dublin Honda. Salesman was great, no pressure however when it was time to finalize the papers, the problems started. I can't believe it took us 4 hours to get it done after filling out 3 applications. Then two weeks later I received a call to go back and redo the papers. Since I lived quite a distance and couldn't get there right away, they fed ex it to us. I went ahead sign it and send it back. The next thing I know they are calling my son threatening to reposes the car. Why are they calling him when I'm the one on the loan? Go figure. Why am I at fault for their incompetency??? Ive purchased many cars in the past but never have I experienced such incompetency with the dealings of purchased papers. BTW, while waiting for the final papers they didn't even offer anything and we were waiting from 11 am to 3 pm. They could have just say go have lunch and the papers will be ready when you get back, they just kept saying it's almost done.

Alex

Moe
6/17/2015

"STILL waiting for them to "Make things right" with me..."

To begin with I left 6 comments on the "ASK KEN" website with ZERO response. I guess I was foolish thinking Ken Harvey was actually going to read them, and answer. (Instead I got emails asking when I want to come in and do a test drive.) ? This is my recent cash purchase experience at the Ken Harvey Dealership over the Memorial Day weekend. (Saturday May 23rd to be exact.) Mind you this my 7th Honda purchase. So I am a faithful repeat customer. When Vincent and I settled on the car purchase of a 2016 Honda HR-V EX, he informed me that the car I wanted, was being switched with another dealership, and that it would be awhile before it got there. He failed to mention how long. It wasn't until I went in to sign the paperwork, an hour later, I was told it would be a few hours. I spent over 6 HOURS at the dealership that day. I would have gone home had I known. During that time Vince never checked in with me, unless I had him paged. (The sweet gal working the front desk did, so kudos to her.) I guess I can live with the long wait, but what I can NOT live with, and the more important topic, was my 2010 CR-V EX trade-in. I knew going in that the Kelly Bluebook was $16,800 for a Dealer trade in, or $18,900 if I sold it on my own. So I really thought my request for $16,000 was a fair trade-in. Vince told me because it was a late model, he could only give me $14,500 tops. He went on to say that he wouldn't be able to sell it for much more than that. (Mind you I kept that car in pristine condition, just spend $800 on BRAND NEW TIRES, and it only had 23,000 MILES. I also included the recently purchased cargo tray and cargo cover, extra set of unopened wiper blades, and all the maintenance records..oil change every 3,000 miles, and their original MRSP window signage.) * Anyway, image my SHOCK less than a week later, I see my car posted on their "Used Car Lot" for $19,883. Stock# 122932 VIN: JHLRE3H59AC009213. WOW... isn't honesty the best policy? So I requested them to "make things right" with me. Asking for at least a $1,500 CREDIT back, is not unreasonable. They would still make a profit off my trade in. As mentioned 6 emails later on ASK KEN, I have yet to hear from them. ~ Maureen

Vincent

Frustrated!
3/20/2015

"Buyer Beware!"

Our initial experience with the dealership was okay and we were able to negotiate a price for a certified used Odyssey we were happy with along with the trade-in price for our vehicle. We left the vehicle to have five "To-Do" items completed with the agreement to return with payment in full. Nobody from the dealership contacted us over the next eleven days with an update! We had to call ourselves and only Tammy in Service seemed to care or help, even though it wasn't actually her responsibility. After calling three different people to check and double-check that the car was truly ready, we drove 1 1/2 hours to discover that only two of the five items were done and one of those not to our satisfaction. Additionally Tim (our salesman) and Sam (sales manager) said they decided not to honor another item on the list at all as originally promised. In the end we chose to cancel the transaction. After being told so many lies by so many different salesmen our confidence in this dealership was thoroughly shattered!

Tim, Sam

Harry
12/29/2014

"Lost Business"

Purchased multiple cars from dealership in the past. This time the Salesperson was too pushy and focused a lot on trying to convince us that they were giving the best deal instead of answering our questions. In reality the deal was bad at best. Will not return.

Will

Amanuel
12/23/2014

"World class experience at Dublin Honda"

Yesterday I bought a 2015 Honda Accord 2015 from Dublin Honda dealership.The sales agent was a handsome young gentleman named Tim.He was totally amazing .my self my wife were very amazed by his friendliness and thorough explanation and we decided to buy a new 2015 Honda accord.the experience was totally world class.Happy to start the new year with a new Honda accord.

Tim

bcapbcap
8/07/2014

"good price, no wait, ok customer service skills"

Went in for an alignment using express service at 5pm on a Wednesday . No line. No cars in bays. Wow. Went to counter. After two employees finished their conversation, not business related, one asked to help. He was friendly and responsive. Got my info and said it would be about an hour but would inform me if it was earlier since I was going to look around at cars. Came back to waiting room in about 45 minutes. Read a little and it was ready. Paid and asked for explanation of readings. Curt answer: it was in red but now in green. Could of done better on explaining. Since I was the only customer there, could have taken a little time with me, but choose not to. Close to closing time tho. Overall good experience but a little more emphasis on the customer might be good. Overall pleased.

unknown