Read Reviews Dublin Mazda

5510 Scarlett Drive
Dublin, California 94568

Manufacturers: Mazda, Service Center

based on 5 reviews

Overall
4.1

4.1 out of 5

Mike PaivaUsed Car Manager1 Lifetime Review

Cars For Sale by this Dealer

Need a New Car?

Certified: Dublin Mazda

This dealership is a DealerRater® Certified Dealer and is committed to providing quality customer service.

As a Certified Dealer, Dublin Mazda has the opportunity to contact reviewers that had unsatisfactory experiences at their dealership. Contact may be made privately, without giving out anyone's email address, through the DealerRater Message Panel with the goal to resolve any issues the reviewer experienced. Reviews will automatically post after the two week reconciliation period has ended.

About Dublin Mazda

Ken and I recently opened Dublin Mazda as an exclusive Mazda dealer in Dublin to sell and service Mazda's in the Tri-Valley. I have been a Mazda dealer over the hill in Tracy since 2005 and have always wanted to add the Dublin location as a logical expansion of the Harvey family of dealerships.
Mazda is a high quality fun to drive car that fits well into our business model of selling cars that are fast, fun and cool! From the fun little Mazda2 to the 7 passenger SUV CX9, all the Mazda vehicles drive differently than the competition- with a sporty, connected feel that is not like driving an appliance. If you want a dishwasher that drives you came to the wrong dealership! (They sell them right around the corner!)

We are a small but friendly bunch, and we vow to give you personal service that will stand out from the usual dealership crowd. We pride ourselves on honest open communication- no BS and no games. You want a price we'll give you one. Ask a question and if we don't know the answer we'll find out. We don't make stuff up. I make an honest living and all my staff has to abide by my rules!
For years I have driven and raced Mazda's products. From being a driver in the very first Pro Spec Miata race at Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca back in 2002 ( qualified 5th out of 72) to winning the E2 Class in a MX5 at the 2010 25 Hours of Thunder hill, I have a lot of seat time in Mazda cars and enjoy every minute behind the wheel.

Buying and owning a car should be fun- see the difference a little enthusiasm makes, and thanks for your business!
Taz Harvey - Owner

Customer Lounge Area Television
Free Coffee Vending Machines
Free WiFi

See Service Reviews For This Dealership
"When my husband and I walked into this dealership in..."

RUBEANNE
1/27/2014 7:31:55 PM

Reyes  GarciaReyes Garcia

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

When my husband and I walked into this dealership in 11/2013, first thing we noticed are the prices of the used cars. They are reasonably priced compared to the other used car dealerships we went to. The salesman, Jack was very friendly and we found just the perfect car that we were looking for at a reasonable price. We got a used Mazda 3 with a low mileage, very slightly used at a reasonable price. We had a bit of misundertanding about the remote control keys, but this was easily resolved with the Sales Manager-Reyes Garcia. Without any fuss--I got my 2nd remote control key. I would definitely recommend this dealership to my friends.

Added: 2/6/2014 6:22:21 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to our dealership and thank you for your kind words. We are certainly happy to hear about your experience as we know you have a lot of choices out there. We appreciate that you chose to give us your business. We look forward to serving you again.

Dave Brown, General Manager

Twitter
"I had a very bad experience with Salesperson Mike Davis...."

RobertRing
1/23/2013 6:39:29 PM

Mike Davis
Reyes Garcias

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

I had a very bad experience with Salesperson Mike Davis. He was very rude to me and wasn't helpful, belittling me and my decisions as well as my negotiating tactics. I will not go back to this dealer. They tried to rip me off and then would not negotiate very well at all. They tried to sell me a car for $6,000 over their asking price. When I explained that the price they were presenting me was not synonymous with another listing they had (on the car), the salesman got angry, told me I was mistaken, but then later verified that I was actually accurate. I profusly hated working with Dublin Mazda. I also spoke with Reyes Garcias, the Sales Manager at Ken Harvey's Dublin Mazda. He was polite at first but when I alerted him of his rude salesperson he tried to tell me that Mike Davis was crusty sometimes but was simply using different "Sales tactics" and then insulted me by trying to play up pride telling me I was a walking millionaire, and that I was "beautiful," but failed to deal with the problem. I am a salesman and there are no Sales Tactics that involve bad customer service and rudeness. If I was the Sales Manager at any facility and a consumer reported a complaint to me regarding the treatment/ customer service they received from one of MY representatives, I would have a talk with that representative and rectify the situation per the customer's satisfaction. I had a terrible experience at Dublin, Mazda & I encourage everyone to avoid that place like the plague!!! Bottom line: Go to their competitor. I don't like Dublin Mazda one bit!!

Added: 1/24/2013 12:46:08 PM

I want you to know that your feedback is greatly appreciated. At Dublin Mazda, we continuously strive to improve as a business and reviews like yours help us learn more about the areas in which we need to develop. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our dealership. Delivering fantastic customer service is our top priority and I'm sorry that you left feeling disappointed. I would like to speak with you about this issue so I can better understand it. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Dave Brown - GM
877-418-2035

Added: 2/6/2013 1:02:45 PM

Sincerely,

Dave Brown - GM
877-418-2035

Twitter
"I made a visit to Dublin Mazda yesterday to check out a..."

Mom, RN
10/9/2012 5:28:04 PM

Mike  PaivaMike Paiva

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

I made a visit to Dublin Mazda yesterday to check out a CX-9 that I'd seen online. It turned out not to be quite right for me, but Stephen, Brian & Mike were very professional. Stephen demonstrated respect for the fact that I had done my research & didn't try to talk me into something else. He gave me some options to think about as well as some new information to aide my continued search. Mike Pavia, the used car manager, asked me what I wanted in a car, specifically. I gave him my list & asked, "Do you think you can find it?" His reply was, "This is what I do. I buy cars. Make sure we have your contact information so we can get in touch with you when I do."

I don't know that I'll ultimately buy a car from Dublin Mazda, but I appreciated their customer service.

Added: 10/10/2012 2:34:26 PM

Thank you for the review of our sales team! We are delighted to hear that each person you encountered during your visit provided you with exceptional customer service. We hope we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. To stay up to date on our current specials, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

Sincerely,

Twitter
"As a female I have had multiple terrible experiences with..."

JW07475
9/1/2012 12:21:24 AM

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

As a female I have had multiple terrible experiences with other car dealerships. Generally when I walk on to a car lot I feel more like prey than a customer. The employees at this dealership were wonderful. They were attentive, respectful and patient. They listened to my terms, they met my terms and they never once asked if my husband would be joining me to approve the sale. Gregory listened to stories about my kid and genuinely seemed to enjoy them. He was focused on our sale for the duration of our time together and I never once felt like he wanted to be elsewhere. He took the time to explain all of the options on the car and didn't hesitate to find the answer if he didn't already know it. His manager was also amazing. Once we had a deal they processed the paperwork in a very short amount of time(in the car buying world.) In the future I wouldn't hesitate to send any of my female friends to them. At the end of the day instead of being exhausted and irritated I was relaxed and felt like I had just spent the afternoon with a group of new friends. I have a feeling that I will make every effort to return to this dealership in the future.
(2006 Yukon Xl Denali)

Added: 9/9/2012 8:07:54 PM

We are so happy to hear that Gregory's courteous service impressed you so much. Our friendly, yet respectful demeanor allows for our customers to comfortably make their important vehicle purchasing decision after they have all of the necessary information to do so. Hearing that the customer service you received earned us your trust and recommendation also means the world to us. We hope that you do return in the future, know that we stand ready to take care of any and all of your automotive needs, and congratulations on your 2006 Yukon Denali!

Twitter
"The service with Gregory and Dublin Mazda dealership was..."

misssamalish
8/2/2012 5:57:25 PM

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

The service with Gregory and Dublin Mazda dealership was friendly, informative, and a refreshing experience. Many dealerships I tried to do business with before visiting Dublin Mazda tried to take advantage of the fact that I am a woman and treated me as if I did not know what I wanted, as well as jerking me around on appropriate prices for a used car. When I went Dublin Mazda, Gregory made me instantly greeted my mom and myself in a warm and friendly greeting. Gregory continued to show us used cars that were within my price point without trying to push me to get a new car or go over my price point, he was very understanding of what we were looking for and he made the shopping experience joyful and exciting. After our experience with Dublin Mazda my family would HAPPILY purchase another car from them.

Added: 8/10/2012 5:28:19 PM

Thanks for letting us know that Greg's no-pressure customer service was exactly what you and your family needed. We strive to give all of our customers this same courtesy, and make no assumptions about how much auto knowledge they have. Thank you again for your kind review, congratulations on your new vehicle, and we certainly do hope to see you and yours again for anything that you may need in the future.

Twitter
"Mr. Greg Gutierrez was very friendly, he was not like..."

caroforme
7/12/2012 7:21:26 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

Mr. Greg Gutierrez was very friendly, he was not like your typical pushy salesman, he was FANTASTIC, showed us around the lot, we told him what we were looking for he took us directly to the cars, we told him we would think about it, we can back a week later and purchased the car, the entire dealership was great!!!!

Added: 7/13/2012 2:46:08 PM

We value Greg as a team member. We love feedback that he took the time to show you around and was not pushy. When buying a vehicle, we strive to make it as stress free as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. Make sure to check out our Twitter and Facebook pages. You will find specials and a lot of interaction too!

Twitter
"I had an excellent experience with Dublin Mazda... great..."

jcauchi
7/9/2012 3:10:19 PM

Reason For Visit: Service
I Recommend This Service Center: Yes

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

I had an excellent experience with Dublin Mazda... great service, they have a friendly profession staff reasonably priced.

I can recommend Dublin Mazda with confidence

Added: 7/10/2012 5:53:39 PM

We appreciate you taking the time to write this great review about our service! We are thrilled that you would recommend Ken Harvey's Dublin Mazda in confidence. If there is anything else that we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact us. Make sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for exclusive offers.

Twitter
"We had a great, low pressure experience buying a car from..."

kbegg
7/6/2012 7:04:22 PM

Reason For Visit: Sales (New)
Reyes  GarciaReyes Garcia

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

We had a great, low pressure experience buying a car from Gregory. I would recommend this dealership for their straightforwardness and their great customer service.

Added: 7/9/2012 12:50:11 PM

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Greg is a such a valued employee and we are glad to hear your buying experience was low pressure. We always strive for great customer service and please send us those referrals you would recommend.

Make sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for exclusive specials.

Twitter
"he spent a good quality time with us and very friendly at..."

mikemovaghar
7/6/2012 4:31:34 PM

Michael  BarrilleauxMichael Barrilleaux

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

he spent a good quality time with us and very friendly at the same time profession
till we got to the point of buying the cars also he help us to understand from A-Z
of the deal and thank you Ken Harey.

Added: 7/9/2012 12:54:48 PM

Thank you for the excellent comments about Mike and our dealership. It is crucial to have feedback from customers like you to maintain high levels of customer service. We do appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Make sure to bring in your vehicle to our service department and we will keep your new purchase running good for years to come.

Twitter
"Letter to Mazda Execs. (Edited for DealerRating) I..."

Oak2278@gmail.com
5/10/2012 9:00:14 AM

My Review Of Dublin Mazda:

Letter to Mazda Execs. (Edited for DealerRating)

I hope you will take a moment and read through my customer service
complaint and address it. If not you, then the appropriate individual
as I feel this issue is one that must be voiced due to its
inappropriateness.

In short, Dave Brown, your general manager of Ken Harvey's Dublin CA
Mazda told a customer to " go FLIP yourself" He went on to also state
"you're not a customer unless you FLIPing buy something."

I hope I have your attention at this point, let me tell you how this
experience played out. Tonight at approximately 1830 my husband Shawn,
visited Dublin Mazda to inquire (and hopefully purchase) a 2001 Honda
Civic for our daughter. He took a test drive with the salesperson,
Bruce Bode and during that test drive was informed that the
transmission was new and recently installed by the dealership. When
they arrived back at the dealership, my husband informed Bruce of the
Blue Book value and wanted to start negotiations at about that price
(4K). The vehicle is listed for 8K. When my husband inquired why the
price was so off the BB value, he was informed that due to the repairs
that the dealership put into the vehicle he could not go lower but
would ask the GM. Bruce came back after discussing this with the GM
and informed my husband that he could take $500 off the vehicle, but
that was the best he could do.

We understand that if the deal doesn't work for ourselves and the
dealership, then we walk away and do business another day. At this
point, my husband thanked Bruce for his time and proceeded to depart
the dealership. As my husband was walking out, he passed the desk of
the GM, introduced himself and asked why he felt that twice the BB
value was a fair price for the vehicle. At this point Dave Brown,
General Manager stated that the BB doesn't factor in with Honda's and
Toyota's because "they're so good." He then asked my husband where a
better deal could be found, to which my husband replied that the
dealership directly next door had two slightly higher end models with
lower mileage for around $6,500. Dave told my husband to take his
business there instead. At this point my husband became irritated and
called Dave out on his cavalier and rude attitude. This is where all
professional decorum was completely thrown out of the window. Dave
nonchalantly told my husband to "go FLIP himself" My husband turned
on his heel and proceeded to leave. Dave, then accompanied by two
other men followed my husband outside and began yelling to my husband
that he was arrogant for coming into "his house" and implied that he
was insulted by the price my husband asked for. My husband then got
into his vehicle and attempted to drive away, the three men including
Dave proceeded to shout at my husband and after my husband rolled down
his window and asked how the community would feel about the abuse
thrown at a customer, Dave walked over and proceeded to continue the
argument. When again asked how this was an appropriate way to treat a
customer, Dave stuck his face into the window of the vehicle and, just
inches away from my husband's face stated that you're not a customer
unless you FLIPing buy something."

Let me give you some background on us. My husband works for a Fortune
50 company where he interfaces with the largest social media companies
in the world. I am the managing director of a successful
not-for-profit arts organization in San Francisco. I don't share this
because I feel we deserve special treatment, I share this with you to
understand that my husband and I live, breathe and depend on providing
the best customer service. Our livelihoods depend on it. If I were to
ever tell a customer any of those things that Dave yelled at my
husband, I would expect to be terminated immediately. There is simply
no excuse for Dave's behavior.

My husband and I have shared this experience online, both in the form
of tweets and updates on Facebook this evening. Shortly after we began
tweeting about the ordeal, Dave called my husband and told him that he
cared about his online reputation and wanted to apologize. He stated
that he had worked a long day and had personal issues which caused him
to blow up. My husband heard him out but at this point, we don't care
how Dave feels about the situation. What I care about is how you feel
about this situation. Is this the best person you can have
representing your brand?

I sincerely hope this is shared with the appropriate individuals,
please note that I am not concerned about receiving any additional
apologies from Dave Brown.

Susan Outlaw and Shawn O'Connor