Dunning Subaru

Gordon Woodard, Sales Consultant, Dunning Subaru

Gordon Woodard

4.3

May 17, 2017

"Knowledgeable, friendly, low key, good value"

- skfisher

In my search for a new car I have test-driven a number of vehicles (including SUVs) but ultimately decided on the Subaru Legacy sedan. This car drives extremely well, is quiet, has AWD, great visibility and all of the safety features that I was looking for. My sales representative was Patrick Murdock. Patrick is a very friendly person who is very low key in his approach (which I greatly appreciated) and I never felt under any pressure to commit to the sale until I was ready. Patrick is also very knowledgeable about the Legacy and could answer all of my many questions. One of the issues that did arise was my indecision over whether the 4 cylinder (2.5i) or 6 cylinder (3.6R) models would suit me best. The necessitated additional test drives for side-by-side comparisons. Throughout the entire process, Patrick was very patient and understanding and when I had made my final choice, he was able to locate the vehicle that I was looking for in my top color choice-and at a good price. Getting me into a Subaru is no small feat since I have been a loyal Honda customer for over 25 years. My experience with the purchase of a new Legacy could not have been smoother thanks to the efforts of Patrick at Dunning Subaru.

Pat Murdock

May 01, 2017

"great service"

- Hobey

Darren and Dan took the time with me so that I was assured with the right purchase . Really knowledgeable helpful staff. My first Subaru and I'm thrilled !

Dan Taylor

April 15, 2017

"Waste of Time"

- David McKee

Did an online search for a new Subaru Crosstrek. My local dealer did not seem to want to waste his time, never got back to me. So I contacted Dunning. The salesman that I dealt with was Ryan Livingston. After a little bit of bargaining back an forth and the usual banter of how much money he was "losing" on the deal, we finally agreed upon a purchase price. I was also informed at that time that the only way he could finalize the deal was if Dunning could arrange the financing. I agreed as long as they could either match or do better than the financing I had already arranged through my Credit Union. This conversation started on a Saturday. Ryan told me he would have an answer on Tuesday. Tuesday came and went with no answer from Ryan. I contacted him on Wednesday asking about the financing, he told me he was off work that day and he would know something for sure on Thursday. Thursday came and went and no answer. I contacted Ryan on Friday and asked him to cancel the deal. He talked me into keeping the deal alive and that I could secure my own financing. I had already done this so I told Ryan that I needed a purchase agreement sent to my Credit Union so they could get the ball rolling. It is now Wednesday, 11 days later. Still no purchase agreement sent to my Credit Union. Contacted Ryan, informed him of my displeasure with this whole ordeal and informed him of my desire to cancel the order and to please refund the 500.00 dollar deposit back to my credit card. He was not a very happy camper! Almost went so far as to lay the blame elsewhere, but told me that he would "gladly" refund my deposit. Thursday night after work I checked to see if the money had been credited back and it was not. Okay, make take a day. Texted Ryan on Friday asking why the credit has not shown up. He told me he was doing it now. A few minutes later he informed me that the credit was complete. Got home from work on Friday to check and no credit. By this time I am not trusting this guy at all. I called my Credit Card company and asked if there was a way to see if the money had been credited. They informed me that as of yet there was no credit back to my account and that it "could take up to 15 days to post. I didn't have fifteen days to wait as the payment date is coming soon and I really did not have an extra 500.00 to pay and "hope" that Dunning would give me back the deposit. So I filed a dispute with my Credit Card issuer. The dispute has been acknowledged and I believe that this part of this miserable ordeal will end well. I am writing this on Saturday, two weeks after this mess started and there still is no credit back from Dunning.

Ryan Livingston