Dunning Toyota

Jason Kersey

October 29, 2016

"Bait and switch"

- rachkayl

Call Now .. 4.3 4.3 of 5 stars 55 reviews 5 stars 4 stars 3 stars 2 stars 1 star 41 2 4 1 7. MOST HELPFUL MOST RECENT STAR RATING Rachel Lockwood reviewed Dunning Toyota — 1 star 4 mins · .. Absolute waste of time. Worked with Damie. Called in the am to discuss a 2015 Certified Camry listed for 19,600. I requested a purchase agreement and a sight unseen trade in. While waiting for the numbers I was asked to have a deposit down to hold the car and fill out a credit application. I advised I was happy to do so once I received the purchase agreement. I explained I would like to know the out the door cost before making an offer on the vehicle. After 4 hours, countless emails and phone calls I finally received the purchase agreement. Without warning nor a discussion a purchase agreement was sent FOR A DIFFERENT CAR!!! The car was brand new and listed at 27,483. A note attached to the agreement saying "So... turns out the 2015 Camry XLE sold last night. " And said "I put this together for you...let me know what you think." The car I had been inquiring on had NEVER been available, it was sole 1 day prior. I wanted to let the public know. I wrote a Facebook review on the sellers site. Not only did the sale person argue with me on Facebook she reported my review and had it deleted. I am posting this to the main website now to warn customers. She made no attempt to amending her actions but every attempt to defended them. She told me that this was a great deal and that she could get the montly payments "pretty close to what a 19,000 used care would have been." People please do not let a car dealershiper talk you into buying a car you cannot afford. Do not buy a car with a monthly payment in mind! Even IF they are able to get the payments lower the car still cost $ 8,000 more out the door and this is how they get you. I did speak to the manager today who acknowledge the wrong doing and stated he felt that the sale person was at fault. However, I still feel the civic duty to warn my fellow shoppers. Do not let this happen to you.

September 11, 2016

"the worst experience I have ever had trying to buy a new car"

- frederick

I thought these kind of sales tricks were a thing of the past. Actually took a deposit on a car that they could not get and then tried to push me into a different car. A total waste of half of my day. Ended up buying a toyota from Victory with a much better experience. Service is VERY expensive too. I will never go in the place in my life time.

August 28, 2016

"poor service"

- bruno

Regarding: Service at DUNNING TOYOTA, 3745 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 To Whom It May Concern, Towards the end of December 2015, we received a message on our answering machine from Dunning Toyota to contact them regarding a recall issue (driver & passenger front seat backboard) with our 2013 Toyota Avalon Hybrid Limited. On December 12, 2015, my wife called and spoke with Jennifer regarding the message and was told by her that she'd call us back the following week, when the part became available. Several days later, we also received in the mail a Safety Recall Notice from Toyota, that there were issues of concern with the Pre Collision System (PCS) and that the temporary remedy was to have it turned off/disabled by any authorized Toyota dealer. When I made the appointment, I gave them the PCS recall information and was given a date/time to bring the car in. On December 30, 2015, my wife brought the car to the Service Center at Dunning at the scheduled time of 8 a.m., gave the recall notice to Marlon, the service advisor, and was driven home by a Dunning's shuttle driver. After picking the car up from Dunning and returning home, my wife noticed on the service invoice that Dunning had not, in fact, disabled the PCS, per the recall notice, but had only serviced the other recall issue. It is incomprehensible that the PCS issue was not addressed, since the recall letter which was presented to the service department, clearly stated that “This is an important Safety Recall”. When my wife called DUNNING TOYOTA about this, she was blamed for their mistake. She was told that she did not let them know about the PCS recall issue. Never mind that I told DUNNING TOYOTA at the time of scheduling the appointment what this appointment was for. And never mind that my wife handed them the recall letter about the PCS when she dropped off the car. Needless to say, we were quite upset about DUNNING TOYOTA trying to blame my wife for their mistake. After a conversation about this with Woody (Service Director), I took the car back on January 6, 2016, to have the PCS disabled. In early August of 2016, I received a call from Dunning Toyota that they had finally received the part to actually fix the PCS. When I made the appointment for the 8th of August, at 7 A.M., I asked how long this fix would take and was told it would take about 2 hours. My wife and I dropped of the car off on the 8th at the scheduled time. We asked again how long with would take and were again told that it would be at most 2 hours. My wife declined the shuttle service home and decided to wait the 2 hours for the repair. But 10 minutes late, the service advisor came to the waiting area and told her it would actually take about 7 hours. Irritated, my wife had to make arrangements for the shuttle service, and while waiting decided to complain to Service Supervisor. I'm not sure what his name was, but my wife said he was a little impatient with her and wanted to know who told her it would take 7 hours. When she told him that Thomas said it, he told her it would only be 2 hours. Shortly after this encounter, another gentleman came into the waiting area to tell her it would take about 3 hours, not two hours, not 7 hours. And after all of that back and forth of misinformation, the car was actually done in two hours. We don't expect to be given an exact time for any service work, but when it is given by the Service Department Advisors, they should not have various advisors giving conflicting information to the customer. It just makes the dealership look confused and unprofessional. After driving the car for a while I noticed that the dynamic radar cruise control was not working properly and the PCS gave me warnings of an impending collision. As a safety precaution I turned off the PCS and made several attempts to contact David Clay, the Service Manager, to report the problem. We did not get any response from David Clay, after leaving several message on his voice mail. We'd received an email from Sandy Tuohy, Client Relations Manager at Dunning Toyota, that if we weren't completely satisfied with the service provided, we should contact either David Clay or John Taylor, the General Manager. Well, needless to say, to-date, we have had and are not satisfied at all with the service providing by DUNNING TOYOTA! We’ve left messages that were never returned and had to keep calling until I actually got David Clay on the phone. On the 11th of August, I drop off the car at DUNNING TOYOTA to have the issue addressed. On the 12th of August, I picked up the car and the cruise control seems to be working properly. However, on the 13th of August, the PCS gave, again, a false warning about an imminent collision. After turning off the PCS, again, I left a message for David Clay about the problem. He did not return the call and on the 15th of August, I left another message for David Clay. Again, he did not return the call. After that I called the office of John Taylor (general manager). His assistant, Elaina, told me that he was not in the office today but he would return my call tomorrow if I left a message for him. My wife also left a message for David Clay on the 15th of August. Her call was not returned either. John Taylor did not return my call as promised by his assistant. Later in the day (16th of August) my wife made a number of calls until she was actually able to reach John Taylor, who then arranged to have my car picked up at my home and dropped off a loaner car. On the 25th of August, David Clay called to notify me that my car is done now and everything is working. I addressed my frustrations about him not returning my calls and that this is disrespectful, unprofessional and simply unacceptable. I also called John Taylor’s office to schedule a meeting, so I can voice my frustrations about DUNNING TOYOTA and the unacceptable service and treatment we have received. His assistant, Elaine, told me that he would meet with me on the 26th of August at 11:30. When I showed up at DUNNING TOYOTA at 11:30, I told David Clay that I had a meeting scheduled with John Taylor. David went up to John's office to let him know that I was there and came back explaining to me that John Taylor is not available at the moment. David said that John was in a meeting with a “bunch of people”, and that it took longer than planned and if I wanted to wait. At 11:52 A.M., I left DUNNING TOYOTA. As I'd rearranged my work schedule to meet with John, again, the level of disrespect and unprofessionalism from this dealership is beyond … At this point it was clear that addressing this with any representative of DUNNING TOYATA was simply waisted time. Nobody at DUNNING TOYOTA wants to listen to a customer complaining about bad service and disrespectful treatment of customers. Later that day, I received a call from John Taylor’s assistant, Elaina. I told her that I no longer had any inclination to deal with DUNNING TOYOTA and hung up. I then received a call from John Taylor. He claimed that he had no idea that I was at the dealership (in spite of David Clay going to his office to let him know that I was there!!!!). He then proceeded to tell me that I came in through the wrong door of the dealership and that I showed up late!! This is just absurd. Again the customer gets blamed for the shortcomings at DUNNING TOYOTA. David Clay let him know that I was there, but it is my fault because I came in through the wrong door. This is about the most unintelligent excuse I have ever heard. After every service appointment I receive the following e-mail: “Hi Bruno, At Dunning Toyota Scion, our number one goal is always your 100% complete satisfaction. We are sending this email to you as a follow up regarding your recent service. If you are not completely satisfied with the service provided or with anyone on our staff, we would encourage you to contact our service manager David Clay at 734.997.7600 ext. 256. You are also welcome to contact our general manager John Taylor at 734.997.7600. If you choose to email us, please do so at service@dunningtoyota.com. You may receive a survey from Toyota regarding your service. Our associates strive for a 10 out of 10 score! If you feel that we did not earn that score, please contact either David Clay or John Taylor. We welcome your valued feedback.” This email is a rather bad joke in light of my experience with Toyota. The Avalon is a great car. However, there are many great cars on the market and taking the service into consideration that Toyota has provided me through DUNNING TOYOTA, this will be the last Toyota I will ever purchase. Never before have I received this kind of unprofessional, incompetent and outright disrespectful service from any other car company. My problems with DUNNING TOYOTA started long before this. At the end of 2012, I bought a Toyota Camry Hybrid. Adaptive Cruise Control was a must have for me in a new car. The sales person (Zac Dunning) assured me and my wife during a test drive as well as during the sales process at his desk that this car has Adaptive Cruise Control. When I received the car, got home and read through the manual, I discovered that it did not have Adaptive Cruise Control. In fact, I found out that this was not even offered on this car. Talking to Zac Dunning about this matter, he apologized for his mistake. A mistake that ended up costing me thousands of dollars. He actually had no idea what I was talking about when I asked repeatedly if the Camry has Adaptive Cruise Control. I directed him to Toyotas website at the time to show him that this was the terminology used there. It is astonishing that someone can sell and represent Toyota, without even knowing what he is selling!!! If Toyota accepts this type of behavior and stands behind this kind of service from any dealership management, then Toyota does not deserve my business. I am under no illusion that this letter will accomplish anything. Toyota is way too big a company to care about costumers. With great frustration Bruno Harrer