Franklin KIA

1413 Murfreesboro Road,
Franklin, Tennessee 37067
Franklin KIA Info
About Franklin KIA

Welcome to Universal Kia Franklin. We are part of the Universal Kia Automotive Group, which has 3 locations in the Nashville area. We are conveniently located just off of Interstate 65, exit 65 in Franklin, TN. We sell new and pre-owned KIA's. We also sell and service pre-owned vehicles of all makes and models. Universal KIA Franklin offers one of the largest authorized service centers for Kia cars in the Nashville area. We also sell tires at discount prices so if you want to protect your family with the correct tires for any Kia model, have the factory trained technicians and Universal KIA Franklin assist you.

About Franklin KIA Learn More

Sunday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Randy S.
8/25/2016

"Great right up to the end!"

Started out great... ended horribly. Went in on a Sunday afternoon to look for a Cadenza, but the salesman (Steve Kretzer, who was outstanding) directed me to a recently traded in top-of-the-line low mileage K900. Wow, what a car, and the deal they offered which was about $600 off the Internet Price (about $35,000!), so I placed a deposit on the car to consummate the deal and pick it up on Monday when my wife got home from work. Arrived Monday evening, completed the paperwork in the business office with Frank Porter (super guy!), wrote the check as it was a cash deal, and went to the showroom to get the keys and leave. It was at that point that Steve apologetically informed me that they only had one key fob for the car, and that they were going to try to contact the person who traded it in to get the other fob, BUT that if they could not get it, I WOULD HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER FOB AND PAY FOR THEM TO PROGRAM IT! I told Steve that that was not acceptable, and that they should have let me know that prior to consummating the deal. I told them I'd still take the car, but that if they could not get the other fob, that I expected them to get me one at NO COST to me as cars come with 2 fobs. He said he agreed, but the sales manager told him that was the deal, and after a short back-and-forth with Tom Kuhn (the sales manager), who would not budge, the owner and TV commercial star Dan O'Brien, who was seated nearby but never spoke, finally turned around and said I was being rude, that they did not need customers like me, and told them to "give him his money back". We went back to the business office and Frank was flabbergasted about what transpired but efficiently reversed the transaction, made sure I had the information to make sure my check did not go through, and expressed his chagrin that the deal did not happen. Steve met us outside and looked like he'd been punched in the gut and also said he was sorry it did not work out and for what transpired. We left. I bought a new Hyundai Equus the next day at Hyundai of Cool Springs where I had purchased two cars previously.

Steve Kretzer (great!), Frank Porter (great!) and Tom Kuhn and Dan O'Brien (not great)

jeffann45
8/02/2016

"Very helpful and knowledgeable service department."

Recently my wife's Kia needed work, as it was misfiring and had the check engine light on. We tried to get the car worked on locally, but we were told it would be three weeks before they could get to it. I would have been glad to wait for a reasonable amount of time, but not this long On their Internet website, I contacted the Service Department at Franklin Kia, and had an appointment set up for two days. I took the car in on Friday morning, and within two hours they had the problem diagnosed. Parts were not on hand, so they had to order them. They provided us a "loaner" vehicle to use at no additional charge, while our car was in the shop. In just a little over 24 hours I received a call from Bobby in the Service Department, telling me our car's repairs were finished and we could come pick it up. I am very pleased with the service we received from Franklin Kia. The people there are friendly, helpful, and professional. Choosing them to do the work on our car was a good decision. I'm glad the distance between Columbia and Franklin didn't deter me from asking help from this wonderful dealership. We would recommend them to anyone needing work done on their vehicle.

Bobby - Service order writer and department point of contact

Rhonda.leek04
4/17/2016

"Excellent,Very professional"

I never had perfect&fast service.Was very happy and excited.I would refer all my friends and family to Kia.Thanks for the great service!!!I #Love my new optima2016???????????

Rez Amedi

badreview
3/23/2016

"No one answers the phoen--have they closed!!!"

I have tried for two days to call to main number and not one answers. I was trying to make a service appointment. Finally called parts department and they transferred the call. The girl was rude in the service department. I will go elsewhere

none

mjc
12/31/2015

"Outstanding Experience"

I recently purchased a used vehicle from Franklin Kia The buying experience was easy with all emplyees involved being very professional through the process But what really impressed me with this dealership was the following day my vehicle would not start - the battery was the issue I called and was told to bring it in snd they would make it right I took it back and they replaced the battery with a new one at no charge Franklin Kia and the entire team is truly AWESOME!

Stephen Kretzer, Stephen Harlander, Tom Kuhn, Rodney Thomason, Andre

gducky
12/30/2015

"Superior dealership"

This was hands down the best car experience my husband and I have ever encountered! We had always had to wait hours and hours from the time we walked in any other dealership. Franklin Kia is the best and very polite and I never felt like I was being pressured into buying a car, it was very quick and they didn't make you feel like less of a person because you had less then perfect credit. My husband and I will always turn to Franklin Kia from here on out. I love my new Forte.....

Shannon
12/03/2015

"AWESOME - Great lil' car"

My sales rep provided options for vehicles I did not believe I would qualify for. The dealership manager explained not being able to finance me on a used car, but could finance a new car - and my car is GREAT. I LOVE IT (Herbie horn and all). My salesman was not pushy, he was very knowledgeable about the cars, willing to let me look at as many as I needed to make my final choice - even down to driving the lot for the right color halfway through negotiations. He showed me what met what I wanted (4 doors, automatic, not white and must have cruise). I got that and so much more - I've never owned a new car till now. I also appreciated not being there 8 hours for a deal write-up like my daughter was done at another dealership. My experience was SOOOOO much smoother than hers. I will come back when I decide I'd like a new car because this was the most positive car experience I have ever had.

Navygirl006
12/01/2015

"Fantastic Customer Service"

From the owner to the sales associate to the fiance manager wonderful customer service and people in general. All please note Franklin Kia is different from Universal Kia (different ownership) when they say they will work with you and not put you into something you can't afford they mean it and stand by it. The process took longer than expected but the overall experience was amazing! Thank you again

Shane Welsh

Usmc.ret
9/08/2015

"The best place to buy a car in Tennessee "

I was treated like royalty. I was in service getting an oil change then struck up a conversation with a Jim Galuszka over a hot cup of coffee. He said I could trade out of my car and keep my payments the same or lower. I said yes an hour and a half later I am the proud owner of my favorite color dark cherry red 2016 kia I had a great day and my kids love it. Thanks Jim when it is time for my next car I will ask for Jimore Galuszka!!!

Scason
8/07/2015

"Great sales. Service department needs improvement "

Sales and finance was awesome. Can't say enough good things about them. Service..... came in for my first oil change made an appointment. Was told less than an hour. Came in and my car sat in the drive way for over an hour. Sat there and watched the staff stand around joking with each other, chain smoking, talking and texting on cell phones and having a great time... just no work actually being done. After an hour of my car sitting there finally watched someone get into my car put it in drive and pull away.... seriously so my car was just sitting there for over an hour running wasting fuel??? And then I have mechanic who is dirty getting into my new car and they didn't even put any protection on the seat? Thought it was great that they would give me my first 3 free oil changes but after figuring what my time cost for a nearly 2 hour visit, wasted fuel and getting the stain out of my seat, that value quickly vanished.

Didn't get anyone's name. They didn't introduce themselves.

Reviews of Anje Clay