Fred Haas Nissan

Owner Loyalty Manager

John Hays, General Manager, Fred Haas Nissan

John Hays

July 07, 2017

"Integrity in Question ... (update) Issue has been resolved"

- D.L. Roland

I purchased a pre-owned vehicle from this dealership about 2 years ago. When it came time to sign the contracts the finance person sold me an extended warranty for the car that was to last 60 months or 120,000 miles, whichever came first - this all at a cost of about $2700. The car has been great, running without any mechanical issues. Over the weekend my air conditioner went out. When I called to verify my warranty coverage, I spoke with a finance manager Dane White who informed me that I had been sold a new car warranty and the coverage actually began on the first day that the new vehicle was placed in service - my warranty has expired and that there was nothing that I could do about it. He advised me that I signed the deal, that he wasn't employed there at the time and that I needed to bring my vehicle in to have it looked at to see if they could do something to "help me out". What they originally did was misrepresent the warranty coverage and sell me something that wasn't worth the paper it was written on. I will be taking my car to have the work assessed tomorrow as Mr. White suggested - we'll see what they do to "help me out" since they are the ones who screwed me over in the first place. I'll keep you posted Facebook - in the meantime, buy your vehicles somewhere trustworthy. 07/06/2017 - Update ... Spoke with Laura from the dealership's customer relations department this evening. The dealership has advised that they would cover the cost of diagnosing the issue with my vehicle. I will make an appointment with the service department tomorrow 07/07/2017 and go from there ... I've been driving in Houston's sweltering heat for several days now and I truly hope to get this matter resolved. I did inquire as to what the dealership would do regarding the issue regarding the repairs and the dispute over the warranty that I purchased and was advised that after the diagnosis, I was to revisit the matter further with management. Stay tuned, we'll see what happens. 07/10/2017 - UPDATE - On Friday I went to Fred Haas Nissan and was able to have my vehicle assessed at no charge. I was also able to speak both Laura Morgenstern from the customer loyalty department and the general manager John Hays who were very pleasant as they addressed my issue. During the diagnostic process they did ascertain that my A/C compressor has failed - they also discovered two other mechanical issues that would normally be covered by the warranty if it was in fact, in effect as I had believed it was. I was provided with a complimentary loaner car to drive while the dealership tries to reconcile the issue with the warranty. It is my hope that all of the work that would be covered by the warranty will get done and that this issue can be put to rest. I am appreciative of the management from Fred Haas Nissan for addressing this issue so far ... I'll keep you posted as to the outcome of all of this as I am still awaiting word on the pending repairs. 07/14/2017 - ISSUE RESOLVED - Thanks to Fred Haas General Manager John Hays for resolving my issue with the dealership. Mr. Hays personally took charge of the problem and worked with his staff to resolve it completely. All of the needed "warranty covered" repairs were made to my vehicle and my only out-of-pocket expense was my deductible. Mr. Hays also agreed to honor the terms of my warranty as it was represented by the employee who sold it to me. Mr. Hays personally called me daily with follow-up reports on my vehicle and was very reassuring that everything would be handled and it was. I am very pleased with the outcome of how my issue was resolved - in the beginning things were a little rough but after the General Manager got involved everything went smoothly. Thanks again to Mr. John Hays for all of the hard work and the personal customer service and courtesy that he extended to me during this process.

John Hays

June 28, 2017

"Service was and always is Outstanding"

- Michelle Richardson

I bought my car in 2015 at Fred Haas Nissan and I get my car serviced there as well. They are so helpful and tell me what exactly is needed for the maintenance of my car. They go the extra mile to make sure everything is done right and they take the time to explain it. Ive been very happy with everyone there and they always do such a great job. Mack was very helpful and super nice Jim always helps me out and of course Rene is fantastic. Thank you to all 3 for all the help and going the extra mile for your customers.

Jim Blackburn
Mack Smith

June 22, 2017

"Patience for a Picky Customer"

- bella333

My rating of this dealership is primarily because of my experience with two young sales associates, Mason Mai and Allen Trevino, who were extremely patient after spending 2-3 hours with me, two nights in a row, trying to find me the perfect car (SUV) with the right exterior color, interior, rims, packages, etc. I drove some of the cars twice and changed my mind at least five times. Allen is a new employee and still training so the amount of professionalism and knowledge he presented was very admirable. Likewise, the two managers and finance person I dealt with were also patient and professional, and they all did whatever was needed to make me happy...even after I became angry because of a misunderstanding on the price of one of the cars. I was speaking to 3 different dealerships, but ultimately chose Fred Haas because of their patience and professionalism.

Mason Mai