Gary Gruner Motor Co

1 Dealership Review
Deceived
12/17/2014

"Deceitful"

My wife and I traveled 2.5 hours to Madras to consummate a purchase of a pre-owned vehicle. We'd been communicating for days with salesperson Jim Angel and had price, trade-in, etc. determined. Essentially, it was a matter of us looking at the car we wanted to purchase and them looking at our trade-in. If everything checked out, it was a deal. For some reason, this salesman didn't bother to make sure at least two sets of the key & fob were available - and didn't even mention it until the paperwork was done and we were about to leave. Then, he came up with a story about the second key & fob being at the dealership's owner's (Gary Gruner) house because his wife had been driving this vehicle (yeah, that's a good business practice). Jim Angel said he'd obtain the key & fob and mail them to us. He never has. He has changed his story re: when he sent them and kept stalling - "Let's wait a little longer to see if they get there." It has been almost 20 days. He quit responding to our e-mails so we tried the dealership's online e-mail system to see if someone else would assist us. I communicated by e-mail and phone with Kristina Sherwin, the so-called "Certified Internet Manager," who assured me that she'd solve the issue for me. Never heard from her again. I sent an e-mail to the owner Gary Gruner who apologized for the "run around" and "would personally see to it a new key and fob are sent to you." Yet after several more days, nothing has arrived and now he isn't responding. I'm not sure how locals are treated, but clearly the people at this dealership figure that screwing out of towners is okay. They probably believe it was a fluke we came 2.5 hours to buy a car from them and are unlikely to be repeat customers. But, maybe this is how they treat everyone. My advice, don't trust the folks at Gary Gruner Chevrolet GMC Buick. Take your business elsewhere.

Gary Gruner, Jim Angel, Kristina Sherwin