Gateway Classic Cars

5 Star Auto Plaza

Exotic Motors Midwest

Cyleste
2/16/2015

"Vehicle was not as advertised"

This review is for the Tampa showroom. Bought a 1971 Nova from a salesman named Rob. When asked, he stated that there were NO problems with this vehicle. I wanted to know the small details of what I would need to fix when I received it. He ensured me everything was in working order....this was not the case. First he shipped the car with a dead battery and no gas. He emailed my wife saying the key was left in the in position all night....ok then a reputable dealership would have 1) waited until this battery was completely recharged before shipping, or 2) replaced the battery. They did neither. Then I had to drive up to the local gas station to get 5 gal of gas just to get it started. After 2 hours of working on it, it finally started. That was just the start of this debacle. Other issues upon receipt...1) headlight knob pulled right off first time I tried to turn them on, 2) no rear seatbelts, 3) blinkers do not work, 4) gas guage and speedometer do not operate. Still looking for others. Bottom line, if you are considering purchasing a vehicle from this organization, YOU will need to ask specific questions or the vehicle you recieve will probably not be what you are asking for. Also, even if Rob didn't know all of these issues existed, then your salesperson may not have taken the time to go through the vehicle you want to buy, therefore you could possibly end up like me....sending the vehicle to the shop so it can be driven legally on the road. This is the first negative review I have ever put online...that is how disappointed I am.

Rob

Bob399
2/03/2015

"Watch out for Gateway Classic Cars"

This dealer has very bad customer service. I paid $32000 for a car in December 2014 that is not what they advertised. First they mailed me a title signed by someone other than the seller. DMV rejected it. Then the NC Theft Bureau told me the VIN tag on the door does not match the title or the serial number on the frame. Now I've got a car that has to be bonded and Gateway's staff won't assist or take my calls. Watch out!!!!

Chris Grazer and Christine

Gateway Classic Cars responded to this review

February 09, 2015

Our company has been in complete and consistent communications with this customer. He is correct that the title and VIN had a clerical error and received one incorrect digit. After finding said error, our accounting staff spent 2 hours on the phone with his state's DMV to find the appropriate resolution. We then called our buyer to advise how to best go about getting the issue resolved. We also uncovered, a vehicle will be bonded for theft if there is reason to believe the car is stolen. This customer was already issued a new, clear, title to his name with a simple one digit clerical error. The appropriate fix is an easy one; a VIN verification form gets filled out and a new title gets issued. We do not turn our backs on our customers. Instead, we listened to his account of the situation and took it upon ourselves to source out the best resolution. Gateway Classic Cars

Bamcintyre
11/29/2014

"Nice company to work with "

We bought the most gorgeous 1969 Pontiac GTO from Gateway Classic Cars. Both Rob and Christine were very friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this company to anyone looking for a classic vehicle.

Rob, Christine

ward9690
11/23/2014

"91 ZR1 from gateway classics chicago "

I have been a Corvette enthusiast most of my life......I was in the market for a first generation ZR1 when I came across one online at Gateway classics... Right off the bat they did a great job of photographing the car by posting 60 photos of it and a great video....So,I picked up the phone and spoke to Brian Mitchell.......I flat out said--Dude I can't fly to Chicago to see it so be straight up w me,is the car all that? He said Gateway has a solid reputation to up hold so if they say the car is good it's good.... After talking w Brian a few times we struck a deal.....Even offered to keep the car in the showroom for 30 days..That allowed me to get a great price to ship to NY... I am happy to say that the car is exactly as described ,a really nice looking ZR1 which hopefully I will be able to enjoy for many years to come..

Brian Mitchell.....Ryan

Greg Immke
11/21/2014

"56 Chevy"

Just started looking at 56 Chevys for my dad. Will helped me on the live chat and was awesome. Definitely recommend working with Will. Very knowledgeable and patient since I am a novice at the antique cars.

Will

Terry Domino
11/18/2014

"Very easy "

My contact Rob made it very easy for me since this was my first time buying a car from a picture. The whole thing happen quickly and car is on way to my home.

Rob Weber

MartyMunson
11/17/2014

"Our FIrst Classic Car Ever! Wonderful Buying Experience"

Found a 1957 Packard Clipper at this dealership that called out to us to buy. Naturally, we were nervous about purchasing a Classic Car online, but Denis Severs at Gateway was very helpful and professional. Along with Lisa Molck, Denis helped us find an independent inspector, shipping and explained the paperwork once we agreed on a price. The entire experience was enjoyable, and, in spite of one paperwork "hiccup" that was fixed immediately, it was the easiest and most pleasant car buying experience we have ever had! When the car arrived, it was nicer than we expected! In the future, when we are in the market to buy another automobile, Gateway Classic Cars will be our first stop.

Dennis Server< Lisa Molck

misty123
10/28/2014

"Proud Owner of a Beautiful, Red, 1971 Buick Skylark Cvrtble!"

I've always wanted a classic car, always wanted a "muscle car", and always wanted a convertible, so I was drawn to a shiny red, '71 Buick Skylark convertible 350 V-8 I saw listed by Gateway on Classiccars.com. I called them and spoke with my sales rep, Rob Weber. Rob couldn't have been more professional, polite, and responsive from start to finish (and I had a TON of questions; lol!). Anyway, long story short, I'm now eagerly awaiting transport of the above mentioned car that he just sold me, coming from Tampa to Southern California. I'm a bit nervous to say the least buying a car sight unseen, especially one being transported 3,000 miles across the country, but Rob and Gateway have done everything possible to allay my fears and assure me I'll love the car once I receive it as much as I have seeing the pictures. Thanks Rob, and Gateway for a job well done! P.S. - I'll update this review once I get the car and start driving it. Tom Lusey

Rob Weber

jim.wicker.73
9/26/2014

"My experience purchasing a Corvette!"

Salesman Chris Gersman was very helpful, knowledge and friendly to work with. He understood my budget and what I was looking for! He when the extra mile to ensure the process was smooth. Test drive was great. The car was in perfect shape and he was forth wright with the info. Great experience! Thanks to all at Gateway Classic Cars.

Chris Gersman

hiken69
8/22/2014

"Dream Car 55 T-Bird Purchase"

Overall, it was a great experience. Very knowledgeable and extremely helpful during all phases of the process. Quick to respond and always polite. I will and have been recommending Gateway to friends and family alike. If you are looking for your dream car, I would encourage you to start with these folks. Hope to see you on the road

Brendan, Chris, Greg