Gateway Classic Cars

5 Star Auto Plaza

Image Auto Sales

judy72
2/04/2016

"Thank you for my 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye survivor!!!!!"

In 1972 I ordered my first Dodge Challenger from a dealer in NJ. I always admired the Challengers every show we went to and hoped to have one someday. My husband has been shopping everywhere to try to find me what I wanted. This beautiful car is beyond any expectations I had. It is an amazing car and a true survivor. Gateway Classic Cars went above and beyond any dealer I have ever dealt with to make this sale smooth and simple. Their service and help reminded me of the "old days" how people used to treat you at a car dealer. Nick, it was a pleasure doing business with you. If anyone is in the market for a quality classic....these are the people to call!!!

Nick Thom

Chevelleguy2
1/31/2016

"Consign your car and never here from us again"

I will never deal with gateway again they contacted me about consigning some cars. Talked a great game then when I consign no communication at all. No real effort to sell the car. I would message and never get a response. Message again no response. Very poor communication and as far as I can see they didn't actually try to sell anything. One of my cars never even went on the floor and was listed. But guess what it time to renew and they want me to pay the consignment fee again.

Erik

DW72
1/28/2016

"'72 Monte Carlo"

Really enjoyed the purchase of my '72 Monte Carlo. Nic Thom was very knowledgable and helpful throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using Gateway Classics for any collector car purchase.

Nic Thom

MattJTD
1/22/2016

"A pleasure to deal with"

We are a shipper that transports hundreds of vehicles every year for Gateway Classic Cars. Upon delivery, customers are always extremely pleased with their new purchase. We have never heard a negative comment on Gateway's staff, or their vehicles. Fantastic dealership if you are in the market for a classic vehicle. Matt - JTD Logistics, LLC

Brendan Chambers, Chris Gersman, Christopher Scheer

MarkAveri1964
11/18/2015

"Gateway Classic Cars - Great Experience"

I've been working with Nic Thom at Gateway over the past few months looking for my dream car from college. Nic Thom was a true professional, not pushy, and treated me as if I were buying a car, everyone knows the dealer that does not believe you want a car unless you give them a down payment. Gateway Classic Cars has been a great car buying experience and I have purchased 80 in the 35 years I've been driving. Regards Mark Charlotte NC

Nic Thom

reasonableperson
11/17/2015

"We damaged your truck and don't care."

When I received my 1966 f-100 it arrived with damage to the hood. When I confronted Josh and Chris from Florida dealership they tried to say that the shipper was at fault. When I showed Gateway Classics the bill of lading signed by Chris G. of Gateway Classics, clearly showing the damage marked on the paperwork before it left the showroom. Chris and Josh said they would discuss with their management. Shortly after I received an E mail saying that they would not pay for any damages to the truck. I have never been contacted by any management staff and as far as I know this matter has never been investigated. This seems very cut and dried to me, any dealer that cared about their reputation would want to try and resolve this. When unloading the truck in Minot,ND. The delivery driver told me that Gateway Classic staff had the hood open to boost the truck before loading, and that they had problems with the hood. The shipper noted the damage on the bill of lading and got it signed by Chris G of Gateway Classics before it left the showroom. I don't know why Gateway Classics feel that they have no responsibility in this matter as I have never been given an explanation. I am very disappointed in the after sale treatment. Please own up to the damage and lets get this matter dealt with before it goes any further..

Chris Grazer. and Joshua Chisolm

reasonableperson responded to this review

January 19, 2016

The first response I received from Josh he admitted that there was damage to the hood and tried to say it was the shipper .Joshes response-I just got done having a meeting with my superiors in St Louis and unfortunately that damage is going to be falling back on the shipper for the hood. In this response you admitted damage to the hood but still are not willing to take any blame even though the bill of lading clearly shows the hood was damaged before the truck left your show room. Shame on you guys,this will not end here. Truely dissapointed , S.Gessner.

Gateway Classic Cars responded to this review

January 19, 2016

As you can see in the listing, nowhere does the advertisement say the vehicle is in mint condition. We do not advertise anything as being "mint", "perfect", "flawless", etc. because nothing is. He also stated that our pictures on our website show that the damage was there before the truck shipped. If the pictures in our ad show the damage, we clearly didn't hide it from this customer. He simply didn't notice it in the 75+ pictures we have online and the HD video. We are also open 6 days a week for him to come in and inspect the vehicle before purchase, or send a third party inspector in on his behalf. He bought a vehicle sight unseen, AS IS, WHERE IS, with NO WARRANTY and we stand by that contract that was signed by both parties. We did not hide anything, or lie about condition, and will not offer any money back for condition issues clearly shown pre-purchase in our advertisement.

truckerdad
11/09/2015

"service ends after the sale "

My wife and I took a trip to buy the car of our dreams to the Louisville location and made a deal on a 73 Challenger that we wanted to drive back to Florida to make a long story short we only made it less than 200 miles and the trans failed above Nashville. I called them immediately and let them know to see what they would do . After spending 1200$ on getting it repaired plus toeing and a room for three days we had over 1600$ extra spent I offered to the dealership to take 500$ and call it even which they agreed to but little did i know that came with me signing an agreement that stated I couldn't say anything bad about them or i could be sued for 5000$ who in their rite mind would sign this?Well needless to say that is where the politeness and care ended. So if your looking for a company that as soon as you sign and pay turns into some of the rudest and most arrogant people I have dealt with this is the one you want !! It also took over a month to get the title for the car and every time i called to ask about it was told they had 30 days "BY LAW " to produce it which they didn't do. The only redeeming quality that I found was a Lady named Lisa which finally got the title situation straight and did so without being rude

Lisa rest where Horrible

Gateway Classic Cars responded to this review

January 19, 2016

The car you purchased wasn't built by GCC. It wasn't restored by GCC. GCC was simply a marketing medium for a vehicle that we used all of the seller's information to list and advertise the vehicle. GCC released you a vehicle that was running and driving without any suspicion of future immediate failure. Being a classic/antique vehicle, one mechanical in nature, there is no one on this planet that can guarantee a future without problems; even on a brand new car. Everything mechanical has a useful life and will eventually fail, as does most things. What our company did do was advertise and sell a vehicle that was running and driving without suspicion of mechanical issues as represented in our video of the said vehicle. As a notion of customer goodwill we have been in contact with the seller to see if they'd be willing to assist in the cost of repairs on a vehicle that they sold as-is/where-is which was running and driving without error prior to your purchase through our company; obviously not an easy task. We are truly sorry for the bad fortune, as it is indeed rare.

Bob
10/07/2015

"Straightforward"

Todd answered my questions about the car in a direct and honest manner. I told him I wanted the car . He took care of the rest just as easy including shipping. Thanks Todd and everyone at Gateway.

Todd Soliday

Emrock65
10/06/2015

"2003 BMW"

Dealership or sales performance poor. Title took too long to get and if not prompted by me I don't think I would have yet. No help on getting second key from car. Upon acceptance of car ask dealership to check over and they didn't. Poor help from them on transaction.

Branden

david218
10/06/2015

"Extraordinary customer service"

I just wanted to express my overall joy and appreciation for Todd and Gateway Classic Cars. They made a miracle happen in only a of couple days! We wanted to get a car for my father's surprise 70th birthday. We bought it on Monday and the party was on Sunday. Todd helped streamline the purchase and arrange a delivery so we had the car in time for my father's party. He even followed up several days after to make sure that everything went smoothly. The car was above and beyond what we expected as well. Highly recommend.

Todd Soliday