Gateway Classic Cars

Exotic Motors Midwest

Phillip chambers
5/17/2016

"Quicker than expected"

Gateway is awesome!!! Sold my truck in 45 days and I got more than I wanted by listening to their recommendations. Very easy to work with and professional

Bill

TacklingDummy
5/15/2016

"Bought a 1986 Toyota Landcruiser"

I had been looking for an FJ60/62 for awhile. I found a restored one at Gateway. Nic Thom worked with me to get the deal I wanted. He was very straightforward and honest. Not pushy. End the end,it was a good experience. Happy with the car.

Nic Thom

Chris corvette
5/12/2016

"Lied and deceived me about corvette."

Buyer beware. I paid 20,000 for a corvette that was supposed to be in turn key condition. I asked the salesman (Trevor) if the AC blew cold point blank so there could be no confusion and he said yes. I was having the car shipped to Tampa area and relied on them to tell me the truth about the car. They shot a video of it running and driving as well as tons of photos however they didn't say that the car was barely running. The car was shipped to me and it barely ran, the AC was totally gone (compressor seals). The rear end was clunking and had to be replaced. It went from the delivery truck straight to the shop and is still there. The bill is over 6,000 now and it needed new brake master cylinder, ac, rear end and a plethora of other things. When I called and told them this and that they flat out lied about the cars condition all they could say was "you bought it as is". I did not expect this as I know they deal in a lot of classic cars and figured they would not blatantly lie about the cars condition. They conveniently left out a photo of the fiberglass door jam that is completely broken and will be a major expense to repair (not worth putting that much money into the car). This was a 77 vette, red, 383 stroker. Still can see their EBay posting. I will provide all receipts and documentation from my (very reputable classic car) mechanic if anyone is interested just email me at Chris@classictampabay.com or call me at 813-695-6754. Get an inspection because you can't believe a word these people say. They deliberately and blatantly lied to me about the obvious problems with the car.

Trevor

Gateway Classic Cars responded to this review

May 20, 2016

This customer called in and made an offer to the seller on a vehicle we had online for one day's time. He received a discounted price and then refused to pay until his parents inspected and test drove the vehicle. Not a problem. We held it off the market in his favor until they could do so. They looked over the car on his behalf and test drove it for him. They reported back that all was good and he completed the deal. After the deal was complete he wanted his parents to come pick up the vehicle and drive it home to him, 19 hours away. We checked the fluids and tire pressure and sent them on their way. They made a 19 hour drive in this car without issue other than we were told "the brakes are a bit squeaky." Brakes, tires, and alignments are all normal wear and tear items. This is a 2007 Corvette with almost 95,000 miles. It made the 19 hour drive without issue so we clearly did not sell them a lemon or a car with a lot of issues as he is claiming or it wouldn't have made that trip. Also, all of our vehicles are AS IS, Where Is, with No Warranty. We allow inspections and test drives and they inspected and test drove this vehicle before buying it. We are not offering help as again, it is As Is, Where Is and that was known from the beginning. It is clearly marked on our website and all of our purchase paperwork. We have 30 days to issue a title by law, and we are still well within our range to do that. We issue a temp tag to drive on during those 30 days and they were able to make a 19 hour trip on that temp tag without issue. If the paperwork is not 100% correct we cannot get a title, so if we are asking for something signed from you it is probably required to get the title in your possession as soon as possible.

Neh1000
5/09/2016

"Patient "

Took a little bit longer to finalize things but the guys helped get over the few obstacles that came up. Very helpful in getting things done.

Todd and Nick

JL Modeen
4/19/2016

"Non Responsive and no follow thru"

One of the worst customer experiences. Nic and Todd have no follow thru. Took 30 days to process a sale. Lost title. No help from corporate office. If you enjoy working with those who crawl on the ground this is the right organization. All great until you sign the papers. Stay away.

Nic and Todd

jetstogo
4/06/2016

"My first day with GCC"

This was the first experience I had with Gateway Classic Cars and it was a very good one. When I brought the car to the Chicago showroom I was impressed. First with Todd and his professionalism and the total layout. In the next few months we talked many times and Todd put a deal togeather with a buyer that worked for all of us. I also do not want to forget Nick he was very helpful the many times I called. If asked I would recomend GCC to my many car friends that may want to sell their cars.

Todd and Nick

Jim
2/24/2016

"Gateway always comes thru on selling cars for me!"

I have been using Gateway Classic Cars to sell "unwanted" cars for me for over 4 years now. They just sold a third one for me in the dead of Winter. I brought the last one to them in the middle of January and I figured that it would be sitting there until Spring at the earliest. Picked up my check on Monday February 22nd. They are a professional group of people knowledgeable and passionate about the cars they sell. Jim Shepard

Eric and Greg

Glenn123333
2/22/2016

"65 C10"

Between Brendan Chambers, Chris Gersman and Christopher Scheer, these three made the recent purchase of my 65 Chevy C10 Pickup from the St. Louis office one of the easiest purchases I have ever had. Very knowledgeable in the vehicle, all questions were answered and all responses were very timely including helping me arrange delivery. A future repeat customer, Glenn Houston TX

Brendan Chambers, Chris Gersman and Christopher Scheer

judy72
2/04/2016

"Thank you for my 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye survivor!!!!!"

In 1972 I ordered my first Dodge Challenger from a dealer in NJ. I always admired the Challengers every show we went to and hoped to have one someday. My husband has been shopping everywhere to try to find me what I wanted. This beautiful car is beyond any expectations I had. It is an amazing car and a true survivor. Gateway Classic Cars went above and beyond any dealer I have ever dealt with to make this sale smooth and simple. Their service and help reminded me of the "old days" how people used to treat you at a car dealer. Nick, it was a pleasure doing business with you. If anyone is in the market for a quality classic....these are the people to call!!!

Nick Thom

DW72
1/28/2016

"'72 Monte Carlo"

Really enjoyed the purchase of my '72 Monte Carlo. Nic Thom was very knowledgable and helpful throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend using Gateway Classics for any collector car purchase.

Nic Thom