Gateway Classic Cars

5 Star Auto Plaza

Exotic Motors Midwest

scott2314
9/26/2016

"This Place Gets your money and then Does not want to speak. "

I just got a car from this place 2 months ago. They do tell stories for sure and my Guy was Todd. Funny the day after I paid for car he went on vacation and never spoke to me again. Be careful of the Videos and the pics they take. They use lighting that tends to hide half of the problems. If the car is real nice they take outside Video and pics. If it has problems they tend to do inside from what I have learned. The lights hit the cars way different inside. They never told me the car had rust on it. He said the pain was driver quality but of course did not mention the rust the car had hidden under the pain and coming threw the paint. Like many others on here they said the car was an AC car but the pump was in the trunk LOL The best thing I found out later of course is that Todd told me If i came to pick up the car I would have to Pay local sales taxes. He said if I had shipped it I would not have too. I asked if I could just pick up on my own trailer and he told me the same deal. Well I guess I new already that was shady but went with it and found out later they do not want you there. That is why they get the $1000 deposit that is no refundable. Be careful and go there to check out car first is what I can say. The car I got is not bad but at the rust issues. same time they did not tell me about most of the things wrong with it including all

Todd

Gordo36
9/10/2016

"Flawless, from beginning to delivery."

Let me begin by saying that I am 80 years old and thought I was done with collector cars, of which I have had several. I had a 68 Camaro new from a local dealer in 1968, but when I saw the one advertised in the Chicago Gateway Classic car site, I really wanted it, and blue is my favorite color. I dealt with Brian Mitchell mainly and I must say he did an amazing job from start to finish, keeping me informed and sending all the information I needed for a wire transfer. The woman who wired the money for me said the information that Brian supplied was the best she had ever seen to send a wire transfer. The transporter Brian chose for me was excellent, picking up the car a day before they said it would be picked up and delivered in two days. Amazing! Gordo from NJ

Brian, Nic & Todd

Dude1449
9/06/2016

"GREAT TO SELL YOUR CAR AS THEY MISREPRESENT CARS"

I have to be honest, it's my own fault as I purchased based on their pictures, their write up of the vehicle and anything the dealer stated to me over the phone. DO NOT purchase a car from these guys based on what you see online, read online, or what they say on the phone. GO SEE for yourself, or have an independent person represent you. I was dealing with streetside auto on a possible sale and they were straight forward and upfront about the vehicles they had so I guess that steered me into thinking that gateway would be the same. My big mistake! They advertised a vehicle as an A/C car and then the car arrives with the A/C not working with no idea what the problem is and it needs major diagnosis. Their response back was "it's an A/C "equipped" car". Also, they purposely take pictures and video that avoids little trouble spots....so beware. I know it's a 45 year old car.....(words they like to use) and I did expect little things here and there. But your tactics and disgraceful and you know it gateway. Sad, sad, sad. Go to Streetside before messing with these guys. That's my review. Oh yeah, they don't give two sh*%s about their BBB complaints. That's why they are not members.

Chris S. & Brandon

Chevyowner
8/25/2016

"sell my car"

I got a phone call that they wanted to buy my car. they saw pictures of it and gave them all my information on the car. I told them what i want for it and said they would give me around that price. when I got there, they took the car around and liked it. I still had the original tires from 1979 and they wanted new tires and and the breaks changed. I said okay but if I come back what would I get for it. THEY LOW BALLED THE S**T OF MY CAR. Not even close what they said over the phone. Waste of my time and my miles on my classic car. Don't sell or buy your car unless your stupid and rich.

Darek H

classicford
8/24/2016

"Great experience with a responsive team."

Really enjoyed working with Todd, Nic, Brian and Sam at Gateway Classics. I was looking for a classic mustang and found one in their store. They were very responsive with every question and made the process smooth and painless. Very enjoyable!

Todd, Nic, Brian, Sam

Bill
8/22/2016

"Honest and helpful"

I recently purchased a Porsche from Kenny Kahl at Gateway's Louisville location. Kenny answered all my questions honestly and quickly (including the ones after he had my check)! He recommended shippers, he took additional photos (in addition to the 60 plus online), he researched service records, the bottom line, Kenny was everything you could possibly ask for in a salesman. I have read some negative reviews at other locations and just can't believe the overall culture can be so different. I am sold on Gateway and hope to buy from Kenny again in the future.

Kenny Kahl

golfguy38
8/22/2016

"terrible experience! Do not trust!!!!!!!!!!"

Bought a car site unseen since it was a reputable dealer. When the car arrived it would not run to get it off of the transport. This car was misrepresented! It arrived with a bad engine and a bad clutch. It was literally a 3 that was represented as a 7. Do not buy from this dealer. If you do make sure you go look the car over very well. I ended up selling the car for half of what I bought it for to just get rid of it. Chris

Not sure

steve
8/18/2016

"Great Car - 1956 Austin Healey"

Dustin was very helpful and I liked the service, excellent car and great Value! I would go back to them again. Steve Y. San Clemente, CA

Dustin

David Kreitler
8/15/2016

"Great experience!"

Excellent selection with a wide variety. Nice showroom that is very clean. Very knowledgeable staff and just an overall great experience. I would definitely recommend them.

Brendan, Chris

Owen Perkins
8/01/2016

"Excellent experience."

Found the '58 Cadillac Fleetwood I always wanted from Gateway's YouTube video. Went into their Tinley Park, IL location to view the car personally. I was quicker than I perhaps should have been with my decision (emotions...) but still don't regret my purchase. This is a consignment showroom, so the cars belong to private sellers. I was fortunate that the previous owner of my car had a bunch of receipts for work done, but I still had my own inspection and appraisal performed. No nasty surprises. The salesman I worked with, Todd, was excellent throughout the process. Very accessible to answer questions, kept in touch from my first visit all the way to final pickup of the vehicle, and after. This showroom has 100+ cars for your viewing pleasure, and there was no pressure to buy. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Todd Soliday