Gateway Classic Cars

5 Star Auto Plaza

rjh2305
4/24/2015

"terrible scam artists"

My dad just bought a car from gateway classic cars and they are a complete scam. Car showed up and did not run. complete joke

manager and worker

One Hot Penny
4/18/2015

"Bought Sight Unseen - It turned out GREAT"

We were in the market for a VW convertible, and found what we were looking for at Gateway's Tinley Park, IL location. Todd Soliday was awesome in providing additional pictures (on top of the 50 pics and video already online), answering all our questions, securing an appraisal, and coordinating the transport vehicle to bring this car to California. We were apprehensive to buy any car sight unseen, but it was because of Todd's ability to put all our concerns to rest that we felt confident to make the purchase. The car turned out even better then he described and it is more then we ever hoped for. Thanks Todd!! Debbie and Dave

Todd Soliday

Tommy
4/14/2015

"Great dealership "

I have been working with Steve, Todd and Brian for a while now and would recommend them for consignment and sales. Awesome team and keep up the good work.

Steve, Todd and Brian

briggsters
4/08/2015

""MISS ANNIE""

I recently consigned three vehicles to Gateway Classic Cars in Tinley Park, Illinois. I have been dealing with two very professional gentlemen at this location - Steve Data and Todd Soliday. So far, one of my cars has been sold - a l987 Mercury Grand Marquis. The buyer came along shortly after Gateway acquired it and I understand he is very pleased with "Miss Annie". There were numerous communications between the buyer, these salesmen and myself by phone and email which led to a mutually satisfying transaction. Todd and Steve were very caring and helpful at the same time. A pleasure to work with indeed! I have two more cars to sell through Gateway and look forward to future sales with Steve and Todd handling things for me.

Steve Data and Todd Soliday

KathyC.
4/06/2015

"Sold my classic quickly"

I had the pleasure of working with William Shelnutt in the Coral Springs, FL location. Mr. Shelnutt was personable and knowable. He advised how to price my classic car at a fair market value and told me it would sell in less than a month. Within that mouth my Dodge Charger was sold. I will continue to do business with Gateway Classic Cars in the future.

William Shelnutt

LoveCars, Not THEIRS!!
3/27/2015

"Beware"

Glossy pictures, crap cars. Beware. Sad but true. Feel sorry for those that purchase what they think is an awesome car, but end up with a lemon. Beware, they are not dream cars.

Owner

NervousMama
3/26/2015

"Took the Time to Help Me Understand My Needs"

I called the location in Tinley Park and spoke with a gentleman named Todd Soliday. Mr. Soliday was kind enough to help me understand what I should be looking for when my son is ready for his first car (coming up very soon), and how much we should be saving. We aren't quite ready to make a purchase yet, but I know that when we are I want Mr. Soliday to help us through the process.

Todd Soliday

bdallsports
3/23/2015

"Good experience with Chicago group"

We inherited 2 Mod A replicas, one a 1929 Shay Roadster and the other 1930 Replicar Pantheon. we shipped them to Gateway for temporary storage since we had no idea what to do with them. A very patient Doug handled the storage situation . While in storage we met Brian who was both in sales and maintenance. Brian convinced us that the best thing to do was to consign the cars to Gateway to sell, so we had Brian list both cars. Brian informed us of a couple of problems with both cars. . We made the repairs which were minor but took 2 wks. to complete. Gregg allowed us an extra 2 wks on the listing . Steve , an excellent salesman sold the Shay in Feb 2015 and we re-listed the Replicar. In March 2015 Todd another very good sales person sold the Replicar. Although we did not get the price we wanted on both cars it was double what the estate would have received. If we had to do it over again the Gateway Chicago team of Brian, Steve and Todd would be our choice.. We are happy with the entire Gateway staff. Bill & Phyllis Doherty

Brian, Steve, Todd, Doug & Gregg

misty123
3/20/2015

"Didn't get the car that was advertised"

I bought a '71 Buick Skylark GS and in the ad it stated "This car is ready to drive down to the beach", and "It rides and stops with ease." Wow, this couldn't have been more untrue! After receiving the car from the Tampa dealership (I live in California) I noticed the brakes were almost completely shot. I took it to a shop that specializes in classic cars, but was afraid I wouldn't make it there without having an accident, that's how poor the brakes were. The car also died without any discernible cause, in both forward and reverse. Well, long story short, the shop had to put in new brakes, new pads, & new rotors. On top of that the carburetor was bad, the muffler was shot, & the entire exhaust system had to be replaced (and the list goes on and on in regards to more minor things wrong with the car). Well, after more than $10,000 in repairs and four months after I bought it I finally have a car that runs correctly. I believe my sales rep, Rob knew the car had major problems because when I suggested I get it tuned up before I bought it, plus have a mechanic inspect it he wrote this to me in an e-mail "The tune-up has not been done since rebuild, however its just recommended, not necessarily required. I can have a mechanic come by and do an inspection, but truth is I actually have some undercarriage pictures that show newly installed control arms and suspension components. I would set up a mechanic to come look at it, but I would need a $1000 deposit on the car first. then you would need to pay the $100 to the mechanic separately. Truth is I would prefer to save you an extra couple of bucks on the inspection, and hope you can see from the pictures I’m sending that it has had a lot of work done." Well, obviously I believed him, and bought it without having the tune up done first, or having a mechanic inspect it, and as a result I had to spend the above mentioned $10,000 plus in repairs just to get the car operational. This is the worst kind of salesmanship, which is basically deceitful. Obviously I wouldn't recommend this dealership. By the way, I'm sure their response will be "why did you wait four months before letting us know", which I've read is their usual response to complaints. My response would be that I wanted to get all the repairs done first before writing this review, and it took this long. Whatever they say in response to my review, don't believe it. It will simply be another untruth in an attempt to defend themselves and their dealership.

Rob Weber

Chris
3/20/2015

"Excellent Experience"

The team at the Gateway Classics Chicago showroom are fantastic! They sold my '73 Corvette in just 2 1/2 weeks! I am currently selling my '75 Corvette with their help. Steve, Todd and Brian make an awesome team and I look forward to selling cars through them in the future!

Steve, Todd, Brian