Gateway Classic Cars

Exotic Motors Midwest

Bill
8/22/2016

"Honest and helpful"

I recently purchased a Porsche from Kenny Kahl at Gateway's Louisville location. Kenny answered all my questions honestly and quickly (including the ones after he had my check)! He recommended shippers, he took additional photos (in addition to the 60 plus online), he researched service records, the bottom line, Kenny was everything you could possibly ask for in a salesman. I have read some negative reviews at other locations and just can't believe the overall culture can be so different. I am sold on Gateway and hope to buy from Kenny again in the future.

Kenny Kahl

golfguy38
8/22/2016

"terrible experience! Do not trust!!!!!!!!!!"

Bought a car site unseen since it was a reputable dealer. When the car arrived it would not run to get it off of the transport. This car was misrepresented! It arrived with a bad engine and a bad clutch. It was literally a 3 that was represented as a 7. Do not buy from this dealer. If you do make sure you go look the car over very well. I ended up selling the car for half of what I bought it for to just get rid of it. Chris

Not sure

steve
8/18/2016

"Great Car - 1956 Austin Healey"

Dustin was very helpful and I liked the service, excellent car and great Value! I would go back to them again. Steve Y. San Clemente, CA

Dustin

David Kreitler
8/15/2016

"Great experience!"

Excellent selection with a wide variety. Nice showroom that is very clean. Very knowledgeable staff and just an overall great experience. I would definitely recommend them.

Brendan, Chris

Owen Perkins
8/01/2016

"Excellent experience."

Found the '58 Cadillac Fleetwood I always wanted from Gateway's YouTube video. Went into their Tinley Park, IL location to view the car personally. I was quicker than I perhaps should have been with my decision (emotions...) but still don't regret my purchase. This is a consignment showroom, so the cars belong to private sellers. I was fortunate that the previous owner of my car had a bunch of receipts for work done, but I still had my own inspection and appraisal performed. No nasty surprises. The salesman I worked with, Todd, was excellent throughout the process. Very accessible to answer questions, kept in touch from my first visit all the way to final pickup of the vehicle, and after. This showroom has 100+ cars for your viewing pleasure, and there was no pressure to buy. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Todd Soliday

Supdav
7/25/2016

"Detroit showroom ripoff artist"

I just purchased my first classic car from Tony Saif out of the Detroit showroom on July 9th. Being over a thousand miles away I trusted him when he told me the car was "numbers matching" and all it needed was a "registration in your state and you will be cruising this weekend". Should have gotten it independently inspected (my fault). First - the second the sale was complete he (Tony) went quiet on email replys. Second - I never received any payment confirmation once money was wired. They could have run off with everything. Received the title a full week and half later. When the car arrived I noticed right off the numbers did not match (not even close). First indicator was the transmission had a salvage sticker on it, the alternator was bad, the starter was bad, the battery was bad, the kickdown linkage was not functional, the horn didn't work, the back up lights didn't work, the blinker is intermittent, and there are no front turn signals, it has a bad oil leak, the lap belts are incorrect, and it is now clear this car was a amateur hour special that was pieced together and shined up. Even the bumpers I was told were new are not new (pitting). This is just what I found so far. On top of that the car cover I was told would be supplied from the previous owner doesn't even fit this car!!!. The build sheet I was told would be provided never was. I will never do business with these guys again. Snake oil salesman all the way. If I could get my money back it would.

Tony Saif

Flyboy
7/21/2016

"Don't trust the salesman!"

I purchased a car from the Detroit showroom. Since I was making the deal 700 miles away I trusted that the salesman would would be honest with me. They have several showrooms across the country and I thought they had credibility. I asked the salesman if everything worked on the car, lights, Windows, engine leaks, etc and he replied yes. After having the car was trucked 700 miles many issues immediately surfaced....none of the windows rolled up, none of the interior light worked and I'm expecting other issues to surface and this purchase become a money pit. Lesson learned, never purchase a car without personally inspecting, shame on me. I have no recourse with Gateway since no warranty comes with their cars. If the salesman would of been honest with me and inspected the car as promised I could of made a better decision to buy or pass, however his sales pitch over the phone was the car was 100%.

Tony

eternity8642
7/12/2016

"THE WORST EXPERIENCE"

The worst experience I have ever had buying a car. While the staff was friendly we purchased a blue 1966 mustang from the Houston showroom. After many promises them telling us how closly the cars are insepected before they sell them my husband for my 10 year anniversary tried to surprise me from Afghanistan with this car. It was supposed to be delivered on a thursday and when it didn't show up I called the dealership apparently they put my car on the wrong transportation vehicle and sent it to California rather than Mississippi. I had already paid the transport company for express shipping and no one from the dealership even though they knew of the error contacted the owners. I asked how my car could possible have made its way onto another transport vehicle with a different company they said it was late and the driver didn't speak good english, then refused to pay the difference in the expedited fees. Well my 10 year suprise was ruined. They put 100+ photos told us how great the car was the car was delivered 6 days late, they brought it to my work put it in a parking spot. no damage so I thought great at least it is here...well 5 pm I leave work and it left me stranded on the side of the road. I contacted Milton the sales rep at 5:15pm to tell him the car was not running. he said he would call the sellers and get back to me immediatly 2 days later no call. I had to have my new car put into the shop. It had major transmission, oil, and coolant leaks, the rear transmission seal was broken, carb gaskets were broken, the starter broke because how bad the leak was from the coolant, exhaust leakss, then they listed the car to have a working radio and power brakes. it has neither they have the original drum brakes $1000 to change over. we contacted the owners and rather than fix all their mistakes and this horrible experience we were told they are just a third party company and just posted on the website what the owners told them. So all that nonsense about they great inspection was clearly a lie. I am out another $1600 in reparis, its been 5 days its still in the shop undrivable. But the worst part about this is while my husband is in the desert for the 5th time defending his county his huge suprise for me for our 10 year anniversary was ruined and he can't even get any assistance. ITS A SHAME! they are nothing but scam artists.

Mitons Joya, and Shawn Kunst

wildfisch
7/05/2016

"Love My rare Nissan 240SX!"

Nic was very helpful in explaining how their organization worked as opposed to a regular car dealership as the cars aren't actually owned by Gateway they are selling them on consignment. I was able to get in to see the car on a Saturday. Nic was super laid back and accommodating and took his time to go over the car with me. We took a short test drive and I made my first offer to the owner of the car. It was lower than the client would take so I thanked him and went on my way. The following Monday I called Nic and asked if he thought the client would accept a slightly higher bid. He agreed to take my new offer back to his client. After a couple of back and forths the deal was struck over the phone. Nic sent me the paperwork to sign and I picked up the car the next Friday. It was also awesome to see some of the really classic cars at their Chicago location. Better than most auto shows!

Nic Thom

Km16_16
6/27/2016

"1968 impala"

Bought a 1968 impala from Gateway in Tinley Park. Nic and Todd were great to work with and made the buying experience very smooth. I love the car and would recommend anyone interested in buying a classic car go and visit these guys. They have a huge selection in every price range and are quick to answer any questions you may have

Nic Thom, Todd Soliday