Gunn Nissan

750 NE LOOP 410,
San Antonio, Texas 78209-1200
Gunn Nissan Info
About Gunn Nissan

Gunn Nissan in San Antonio, TX, also serving near Austin, TX and Corpus Christi, TX is proud to be an automotive leader in our community. Since opening our doors, Gunn Nissan has maintained our solid commitment to our customers, offering a wide selection of cars and trucks and ease of purchase. Whether you are in the market to purchase a new or pre-owned vehicle, if you need financing options, we'll help you find a car loan that works for you! Even if you have bad credit, or are a first time car buyer, you can trust that Gunn Nissan will professionally fit you into the automobile of your choice. Gunn Nissan has a professionally managed Service and Parts Departments open extended hours to accommodate our customers' busy schedules; and, as always, Gunn Nissan offers competitive pricing for your automotive maintenance needs. Please feel free to contact us at (888) 768-5020 if you have any questions or comments. Gunn Nissan offers a full line of service areas including: New Automobile Sales Pre-owned automobile Sales Auto Loans and Financing Certified service department Full selection of Nissan parts and accessories

About Gunn Nissan

J.Juarez
6/29/2015

"Great dealership, even better buying experience with Victor"

In December 2014 my Avalanche was giving me problems, that is when i decided to go vehicle shopping. My wife wanted a car this time and finally we decided on the Nissan Altima. I work near Gunn Nissan so that's where i went and as i was looking at a car, Victor Magallenes introduced himself. Victor was very knoweadgeable and helpful through the whole process. I told him my situation, budget and what i wanted in the car and Victor delivered.I did start looking a little late but Victor stayed with me till i drove off the lot after 10pm!!!! I have bought a few cars in the past and have never had this kind of awesome service. I will buy my next car from Victor!!

July 01, 2015

J. Juarez, Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with our dealership. It's great to year Victor did such a great job for you. We'll always go the extra mile to help a customer! We look forward to seeing you again next time. Enjoy your new car!

Darryl C.
6/28/2015

"Best Car Buying Experience"

I have had some bad buying car experiences before that's why is why I came to Gunn for the "no hassle" experience. I did my homework and I did visit several other dealerships. I was so happy to have found Elaine Eubanks as my salesperson. She was friendly and knowledgeable of the product. She listen to my wants and needs and directed me to the 2015 Murano. I was blown away when she demonstrated all the features of the Murano. Elaine did not pressure me but she let me decide what I wanted. When my wife came in to see the car, Elaine once again went through the whole demonstration with her. She really made us feel comfortable. We decided to buy but the style and model was unavailable. Elaine helped us secure the model we wanted a week later. She was excellent in her updates and follow through. Elaine is someone we felt we could trust and that was the most important aspect of our buying from Gunn. Elaine then directed us to the finance officer Dennis Manlapaz. I was tough on Dennis but he handled all my questions and really explained clearly all the aspects of buying the car. He too was someone I came to trust and felt he was there to help me make the best possible purchase. Both Elaine and Dennis made this the best car buying experience in my life. I would definitely come back to buy a car in the future. Thanks Elaine and Dennis

July 01, 2015

Darryl, Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences, and for leaving such a detailed review. Information like this helps us more than you know, so thanks again. Elaine is a top-rate salesperson, and it's great to hear you had such a good experience with her. Our goal is to be the most knowledgable, friendliest, most helpful car dealership in Texas, and if your review in any indication, we're on the right track. Enjoy your new Murano!

C & I Valdez
6/24/2015

"Repeat Customer"

In April 2015, my husband Carlos and I went to Gunn Nissan to look at used vehicles. Victor Magallenes found exactly what we were looking for in a Nissan Murano. We were and still are absolutely delighted with the car and excellent service we received at Gunn Nissan. Had an issue with my car a few weeks later and Gunn Nissan did not hesitate to make things right. They put me in a loaner car until the problem was resolved--no questions. Tim Elkey made sure everything was taken care of quickly and correctly. We could not have asked for more. That's why, when Carlos' truck blew up on him, it was a no-brainer on where we should go to get our next vehicle. Today, we purchased a 2015 Nissan Frontier and, again, are super pleased with the truck and sales personnel, which included Victor, Brian, Kell (who is in training, but actually worked as a seasoned sales professional that went above and beyond in ensuring we were completely satisfied with our options) , and Alejandro Carrera (Kell's mentor). Kell and Alejandro were so patient in dealing with us. They listened to our requests and kept within the budget we established. They honored us with respect and courtesy, while making us feel comfortable, like family. Brian Blount was a professional. He coordinated everything when Carlos & I were provided the loaner vehicle and when we had to prepare the documents for Finance. Brian worked patiently with me and helped me understand the procedures--very helpful and patient. Mandell provided the same great and exceptional service in Finance that we experienced the last time. (even if he refused to help us out this time with any rebates--jk! ) :) Definitely will come back, should we need another vehicle. Highly, emphatically endorse and recommend Gunn Nissan to friends and family. Thanks for making our challenging time without a vehicle, less stressful for us. Carlos & Irene Valdez; San Antonio, TX

June 25, 2015

C & I, Thanks so much for the great review. We're awfully fond of the Frontier, ourselves, and we're glad we could get you fixed up with one. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with our great staff. They're the reason we are the dealership we are today. Enjoy your new truck, and thanks again!

G. Bellamy
6/23/2015

"Great Car + Great Saleman & Service = Happy Customer"

I am so happy that my husband and I came to Gunn and met Victor Magallenes. My previous car buying experience had been awful. Yesterday, I had the best experience in my life buying a car. Victor listened to what I wanted and did not try to sell me something I was not wanting or needing. He explained the car in detail and took the time to show us the many options available. He was not pushy but rather a pleasant salesperson who was helpful and informative. Nissan is a car that sells itself but exceptional service is what seals the deal to me. Thanks to Victor - I am a happy Nissan customer and new Nissan Rogue owner. I am smiling!! I will highly recommend Gunn Nissan and Victor Magallanes. It's a winning combination. Socrates Lopez explained the numbers, got us great financing and even laughed at my jokes. One additional comment: This team stayed late in order for me to get the new car. I drove off the lot at 11:15pm and everyone made me feel that they were more than happy to be there for me and my husband. Thank you, Thank you Gay Bellamy .

June 25, 2015

G., Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. Comments like yours help us grow and improve, and we always love hearing from our loyal customers. We keep hearing good things about Victor, so thanks again for the feedback. Enjoy your new Rogue, and come see us again soon!

Newms50
1/20/2015

"Service issues rectified by excellent customer service"

**Update** 4/2015 - I was contacted directly by the GM at Gunn Nissan. He opened an investigation into my below referenced issue and explained Gunn has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to these sorts of problems. I returned the vehicle to him so they could review my concerns. Both he and the service manager inspected the vehicle and invited me out to the maintenance area (probably the cleanest shop I have ever seen) to look at the issues. Long story short was the vehicle had developed a very small leak in the areas initially mentioned, but it was not a leak that needed to be addressed immediately (as was indicated to me initially). I appreciate that they went over and above to provide excellent customer service and will definitely use them again in the future. ** Original Review** - 1/2015 I have purchased two vehicles from Gunn. I have enjoyed the buying experience and have no complaints in regards to the sales force. Since purchasing the first of our two vehicles from Gunn eight years ago I have had almost all service done through Gunn, including the majority of the oil changes. However, I recently had our 2007 Nissan Maxima in to fix an oil leak. I had been previously told by a mechanic from a local Oil Change place that the leak appears to be coming from an oil line near the oil filter, not a big issue at all. I dropped the vehicle off at Gunn, relayed the information about the oil line leak to the service manager and went on my way. I received a call 4 hours later identifying three leaks, one of which was the rear main seal. Total cost would be nearly $2,000 to fix them. To quote the service manager "the rear main seal was belching oil". This comment made me suspicious as I had noticed the leak for about a month (identified by a drip on the garage floor). For that entire month I checked the oil two to three times weekly and the engine never showed low oil on the dipstick. So the vehicle was definitely not "belching oil". I refused to have the work done and picked up the car. I took the car into an independent mechanic that came very highly recommended by several friends. I provided no back story on the vehicle, simply told him it was leaking oil. He identified the oil line near the oil filter, and indicated it was a very common problem for these vehicles (I would think the Nissan Dealership would know that as well). The total cost to fix the leak was $160 and took about 1.5 hours. The vehicle is now leak free, with no more drips on the garage floor. Honesty and integrity are important to me when choosing a mechanic and for the past 8 years that is what I thought I was getting at Gunn. Boy was I wrong. I am disappointed by this recent service experience and I doubt I will ever return to purchase a vehicle again.

Robert

Jeri Forsha
10/06/2014

"excellent service."

I purchased a Nissan NV200 commercial van at Gunn a few months ago. I had to have an emissions part replaced and they actually removed a part from another new van in order to avoid my making another trip(I live 65 miles away). I came I for my 1st oil change and they checked out a rattle for me without an appointment. I would definitely buy from them again!

Jose Castillo

October 08, 2014

Jeri - Thank you for your glowing review and for taking the time to share your service experience with us. We sincerely appreciate you stopping by our service department and could not be happier to hear your repair issues were taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments, Jeri and we look forward to meeting any future automotive sales and service needs you may have with the same attention to customer service detail that you've already experienced with us. Until then, happy driving and we'll be looking for you down the road.

tgwl
7/30/2014

"Great Customer Service"

I usually do not write reviews but I had such a great experience I had to this time. My car stopped giving me gas while I was driving back from Houston to San Antonio on a Sunday. Very scary! Had to stop and wait 20 minutes on the side of the road until I could get the gas to start working again. Called Gunn Nissan on Monday but they were totally booked and I could not get in, but told me to bring it in on Tuesday which I did at 8am. They gave me a ride to my work. Called me about 2pm that day and told me it was a sensor and covered under warranty. I also requested they do a 60,000 mile maintenance. They had to keep the car overnight. Wednesday morning about 10:30am they called to tell me it was ready. They came and picked me up from work. No hassles. Very friendly, and my car drives better than before plus I have peace of mind knowing all my fluids and belts are new. And they washed it too. I will make them my "go to" car maintenance place from now on....Great experience.

Tim Elkey

August 12, 2014

tgwl - Thank you for sharing your recent service experience with us. We couldn't be happier to hear you were treated so well and was satisfied with the service you received. We're glad we were able to help you with your vehicle and look forward to meeting any future automotive service or sales needs you may have in the future.

Irawat905
3/29/2014

"Great Customer Service"

My son purchased a 2014 Nissan Juke from here a couple of days ago. We were helped by Mr Osbaldo Gonzalez. He was very professional and knowledgable. He was also very courteous through out the entire time. He made us feel comfortable during the process of purchasing. This was the first time buying a car was easy and stress free. There was no hassle. One simple price is a great idea. We highly recommend this place and Mr. Gonzalez.

Osbaldo Gonzalez

TxGrl1
2/24/2014

"Stopped by to look at new inventory. Was greated by a..."

Stopped by to look at new inventory. Was greated by a Salesman, but he did not provide a business card, so I do not remember his name. I inquired about a Nissan Rogue on display and the exterior color was mustard yellow color- "Sahara Sun". I asked the salesman "that is the new Sahara Sun color, right? " He responded, "No, actually the Sahara Sun is Red", the color on that one is a gold. Which confused me greatly, since I just spend the better half of the morning searching online and viewing the new colors. I looked on the MSRP paperwork on the card windown and the exterior color was as I had thought, "Sahara Sun". Immediatly, I was discouraged with this salesman. If a salesman doesn't even know the name of the colors of the cars, how is he/she know the other ins/outs of the vehicles? He didn't even know the inventory..and whether or not there was such as thing as a Rogue SL AWD model. Then I asked him about a white 2014 Murano and if I could see the inside, since every vehicle on the lot was locked. The salesman responded, "well, the spec on that one is going to change in 2015". I didn't even understand the comment? I wasn't interested in what was going to come out in 2015. I wanted to see that particular vehicle. I just assumed he was lazy and did not want to bother to get the key to unlock the vehicle, so I could see the inside. I briefly scanned the inventory and left the dealership, with a very bad taste in my mouth. Sure, it's not the Dealership that discouraged me, but the salesman. However, every salesman is a reflection of the management and dealership. That guy was a glimpse of the customer service I was to endure, had I opted to buy a vehicle there. No way!

Unknown

JoshuaReyna
2/18/2014

"ok, Gunn has my car again. heading to school on the bus..."

ok, Gunn has my car again. heading to school on the bus shortly. they actually called me at 5:57 yesterday to tell me they found no problem whatsoever. The last time I became so agitated i just waited a rather long while to come back and deal with these less than kind people. this was after they guy walked up to me and told me. that my keys did not work. he couldn't open the door. I told him it did. he disagreed. I walked outside with him, he was trying to open the wrong car. different color and different model as well as year. this isn't the first time Gunn Nissan does something like this. not by a longshot. ive been ignored and told "nothing is wrong we did the diagnostic" after the a/c compressor went out and leaked Freon and smelt horrible. FYI "we don't check that when we diagnose" so you can come back next week" funny. it was 100 degrees. they were clearly agitated with the rental they gave me. the service guy was less than helpful and left me rather annoyed with them FYI you have 12,000 miles to go back if say the a/c they just replaced wont stop grinding everytime you turn it on. after that its your problem. Never ever ever buying from Gunn again. Hopefully today will be better. i'll amend todays if it is but this was the first and second time I had this same issue. this is now the third time I have this issue. Just over a two year old car and its been rather annoying dealing with Gunn. I go to Firestone for everything else. just figured since the warranty covered this I should have it done. It doesn't feel worth it thus far.

Unkown