Gunther VW Mall of Georgia

Gunther VW Mall of Georgia Info

GTIFan
3/09/2015

"Avoid At All Costs"

I came her to buy a car -- and it was a nightmare. Long story short, put a downpayment for a used (fairly new GTI) and when I came back to pick it up & work out financing, the nightmare began. They tried to change the deal that was agreed to 2 days prior (if I hadn't asked for the contract, I may not have realized it) and then was being pressured (and straight up lied to on policies) to sign bank documents & financing when I had already secured independent financing (the dealerships finance rate was 4.41%, when I got 1.94% independently)... I finally walked out. Being a new transplant to Georgia, after not owning a car for 8+ years (living in NY) they clearly thought I was someone that could easily be taken advantage of. AVOID THIS PLACE. A car isn't worth going through what I went through. I was able to get the same car (w/less mileage), much better financing and a way better experience at another VW dealership in the ara.

Ben, Sanober & Bo.

DanRegan
12/23/2014

"First class operation and good people"

Sales reps Jim Natilli and Ben James were helpful and straightforward from the start. As an out-of-state customer, they could easily have not taken me seriously, but their response was great and offered some good advice. When I arrived for delivery, Jim had all the paperwork in good order and remained sensitive to the fact that I had a long drive ahead of me back home, so kept the process moving, while still being patient with my questions. The F&I process was equally efficient. Jorge was completely prepared, professional and low-pressure...even worked to find me a more favorable rate on the spot. I work in the car business, so am very sensitive to unnecessary game-playing and poorly run retail operations. I was very impressed with Gunther. Do business there!

Jim Natilli

ChrispyjVW
11/11/2014

"A**holes....High dealerfees."

lack of professionalism, tact.. resorts to sarcasm and wisecracks when dealing with online sales which is ideal for living a far distances from the dealership..

Ben James

ahcorrea
9/24/2014

"deal gone bad"

My experience was much like a couple of reviews already written here - sure wish I would've checked here first. My buying experience involved 3 visits. On the first visit, my wife and I found a Tiguan that we liked, though we knew it was at the outer limits of our budget. We drove it and absolutely fell in love with it. Daniel, our sales guy was extremely knowledgeable, super courteous and not your typical sales person. We advised Daniel that we really liked it but had several other vehicles to look at that day - one of which was a privately owned Tiguan. We did our due diligence and reviewed the other vehicles and decided that the Tiguan at Gunther was the way to go. We went back the next day and offered an out-the-door price which was declined and advised of a bare-minimum price that they had which was a few hundred more than the private owner. Daniel and Ben advised that for the difference in price was nothing to pay for the Certified Pre Owned warranty that was included on this vehicle. We felt like we had hit our max and had to decline. We went on a trip over the weekend where we managed to find some Tiguans at out-of-state dealers along the way. We drove another and looked at others and really came to grips with the fact that there was going to be no wiggle room in our limit vs the price of these vehicles - they are good cars and the price seems to be commensurate to that sense. So we returned the next week and offered $300 less than their max asking for some minor accessories which we found had already been added since our last visit with the exception of doing something about the smoker smell in the vehicle (rubber floor mats, rear cargo mat, and front license holder) - so it really came down to $300 less. One note here ..... the car was advertised as single owner (verified by carfax) and non smoker - no way the owner was a nonsmoker. Daniel told us that he doubted the manager would "lose your business for $300" and proceeded to talk to his manager. He came back 15 minutes later and said that the deal was good so we began the process of completing the purchase. They provided the sales form showing price which was correct however there was a 5,000 mile discrepancy in the mileage - note here again that we noted some odd behavior in the mileage records on the car fax: the car had been on the lot for sale since May with roughly the same mileage until the end of July at which time from the end of July to start of September the mileage jumped 5,000 miles. Red flags start going up as my wife and I talk and begin filling out the credit app - which is evidently required even if you are not financing??? don't get me started. As we're filling out the app Daniel, the salesperson comes up and proceeds to tell us that the price we're paying does not include the advertised CPO warranty! And that it was going to cost us $500 more which is now $200 more than the out-the-door price we got on our 2nd visit!!! All he had to say was that this was 'standard' and could not explain why it wasn't included in the price we had already agreed upon. He didn't bring his manager out once we advised that this was not the deal we had agreed upon and would absolutely not budge. If that was part of the deal then the price we offered, was really not out-the-door as we had indicated AND when the deal was agreed upon, this was never mentioned as a condition. Horrendous experience and we will go out of our way to avoid Gunther with our newly purchased Tiguan - which we bought out of state for the same price, less miles and fully loaded.

Daniel and Ben

6martins
9/21/2014

"Great Sales Person, Easy Buying Process and Peace Of Mind!"

After getting burned by a previous dealership, we had been looking for a reputable dealership and a sales person focused on customer service. We were able to find a 2010 Certified Jetta at Gunther that was within our budget and a group of professionals that added to the buying experience! Honestly this was one of the easiest car purchases (to include the finance process) that I have ever expereinced! Tom Sliger was great and we love the peace of mind that comes with the WorldAuto warranty! We looked around and no other car maker offers a warranty product as good as this one on thier certified vehicles!

Kstripling
7/17/2014

"Poor Customer Service"

Poor customer service by Bo Nunez and Joe Gunther, the GM. Bo Nunez talked my into a car at the end of the business day on a Sunday. I did not get to drive the car or get specifications. Bo stated that Gunther's offer was the best offer I was going to get and when I asked if I could go home and think about it he said offer was only good for that day. Bo and the finance manager knew I was emotional that day with making a decision and hesitant to sign paperwork but they were not concerned. Just wanted to close the deal. I was very unhappy when I got home and emailed Bo immediately then called him first thing the next day. Bo told me I could not change vehicles and if I returned the car that day due to my unhappiness the car would be reported to the credit agencies as a repossession. On several occasions I emailed the GM, Joe Gunther, to express my dissatisfaction and Joe never responded to my emails or call me. I emailed Bo on several occasions again to which he responded once. Never at any time did they try to make things right. I even called Ben James, told him of my issued, he said he would call me back but he never did. I am still very unhappy and no one has followed up with me and do not want this vehicle.

Bo Nunez; Joe Gunther; Ben James; Customer Service Rep

LStanford3
6/06/2014

"Great Service at Gunther VW!"

I had been searching for a 2014 Blue Jetta TDI since December. The only one I could find was located thousands of miles away in Pennsylvania, which would require me to pay to have the car shipped down to Atlanta. Tom was able to find my dream car, 2014 Blue Jetta TDI with the premium package I wanted, and have it shipped to the dealership at no charge to us. He even had my current car (at the time) inspected and appraised for its trade-in value, saving me that hundreds of dollars it would have taken me to ship the car back to my parents' house in Boston. I had some issues with my insurance company upon picking up the car. My car was successfully traded in, and all of the paperwork was done. I had been on hold with the company for nearly 5 hours total that day, with them assuring me I had a policy and that everything was covered. However, they would not send the dealership the proof of insurance I needed to drive the car home, effectively stranding me in Buford. Tom was so accommodating and, understanding what I had been dealing with all day, provided me with dealer insurance--at no cost to me--that was good for a week. This gave me the buffer that I needed to finish dealing with my insurance company and allowed me to drive my new car home. All in all, it was a great experience and I would recommend Gunther VW to anyone looking for a new/used VW!

Peng256
5/28/2014

"Always fun and great experience at Gunther!"

We love our Reef Blue Beetle that Bo Nunez sold us. He is friendly, professional, helpful, and hard working. We have enjoyed many trips in our Bug and look forward to every service trip back at the Dealership. No problems each time, and we get to visit the Mall of Georgia while we wait. The gift shop has lots of fun merchandise, the classic cars are way cool, and we always have a great time! If you love v-dub, this is the place to go see Bo! : )

Bo Nunez

Sunflower1972
5/19/2014

"Jetta"

Excellent customer service and help getting exactly what I wanted. We were greeted in a timely manner and was given help for exactly what we wanted not taken to other vehicles we didn't want. I would recommend this dealership to whoever is looking for a great, safe car for the money!!

RockChalkBrownHawk
5/18/2014

"Great Experience at Gunther VW"

Shopping for cars is something that my family and I have always tried to stay away from, but our oldest car was falling apart and it was time for something new. After contacting a few dealers online, Tom Sliger quickly got back to me and asked me out to take a look at a few used Jettas. Tom was very friendly and easy to get along with, and always seemed to be looking out for the next best deal for me. We quickly sorted out a deal, zipped through finances, and my family and I walked out with a lovely Jetta a few weeks ago. Tom and the Gunther dealership have contacted me multiple times since my purchase to ensure that I was pleased with my experience, and I definitely was!