Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation - Service Center

1660 S State Road 7, Davie, FL 33317

9 Lifetime Reviews for this Service CenterWrite a Review

• Pricing:

Is this your Service Center?
Learn about our Certified Service Center Program and claim this page
See Sales Reviews For This Dealership
"Luis G. is FANTASTIC!!"

KarenVillarreal
4/15/2014 3:24:51 PM

Luis Gonzales

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

In all honesty if there is ever an issue I highly recommend going to Luis Gonzalez at Gunther VW. Always ready to help, his customer service is outstanding. Very professional, and knows exactly what to say. I know when Luis is there I'm in good hands!! :)

Twitter
"Plantation Gunther Sends the Message, Go somewhere else!"

daduv7
4/15/2014 11:34:57 AM

Jaime Gonzalez

1.8

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

I recently purchased a 2004 VW Jetta for my wife. We love the car, however as with all used cars, there are things to fix. While trying to remove the left front wheel I ran into the security lug nut. I looked all over the car but the security lug nut socket was not there. I checked the rest of the lug nuts and fortunately it was the only tire with a security nut. My wife drove the car to the Gunther VW Dealer on US 441 in Plantation, FL. It is only about a mile from my house. They charged her $39 to remove the lug nut. It was literally a 2 minute job. They could have used the incident to reach out to us as future customers. Instead, we felt like they were telling us to go somewhere else next time. We certainly got the message loud and clear. I have heard good things about German Car Depot in Hollywood. We will try them next time.

Twitter
"Jose Saldana is the BEST Volkswagen Service..."

LettyG
9/6/2013 9:59:43 AM

Jose Saldana

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

Jose Saldana is the BEST Volkswagen Service Representative!!
It could be a minor or major repair work for my Pre-Certified Used 2008 Passat Turbo 2.0 and I know the service will be impeccable.
If I leave a message on his voicemail - he always returns my call the same day - WOW!
Thank you so very much - Jose Saldana and Gunther Volkswagen!!

Twitter
"I was recently involved in a rear end collision that was..."

RGTech
6/12/2013 1:04:23 PM

Ron Verdetto

2.0

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

I was recently involved in a rear end collision that was not my fault in early January. I decided since I purchased my vehicle from Gunther Volkswagen of Coconut Creek that I would be taking my vehicle to Gunther Collision (a branch of Gunther Volkswagen of Fort Lauderdale).

I was initially quoted 2 weeks on the repair which in then turned into 4 weeks with no update and costed me over $1000 in rental car fees. Upon initial review of the vehicle, I noticed there was moisture on the inside of the tail light and that the foam covering under the rear passenger tire was just hanging out. The service representative immediately had them tack it up into the body of the vehicle and said that the moisture should go away tomorrow. With over $4000 paid out from my insurance company, wouldn't you take care of the customer?

Guess what? The moisture never went away! That is a safety hazard! So once again I had to drive back from Boca Raton to Gunther Volkswagen of Fort Lauderdale and have the tail light replaced. I also noticed that my vehicle was wobbling at higher speeds on the highway which once again they failed to appropriately test and address all the issues with the vehicle. I arrived back and immediately spoke to the Manager. He was unwilling to address the wobbling issue and stated that he can do an alignment, but if it was not unrelated to the accident. So I ended up speaking to Ron Verdetto of Gunther Volkswagen in Fort Lauderdale (who also supervises Gunther Collision) and once again asked me to take the vehicle back to Fort Lauderdale, I said no. I then spoke to Pete, Shop Foreman at Gunther Volkswagen in Coconut Creek who addressed my issue. So I thought great, I never have to see these people again. But then it happened...

Living in Florida, we have severe rain and thunderstorms during the summer. I started noticing that rain was leaking into my vehicle, causing all of my carpets to completely soaked and generate a disgusting and repulsive smell. Once again, Gunther Collision in Fort Lauderdale failed. I immediately notified them of the issue and took the vehicle back. The original service representative that handled my issue said it would be done in two hours. I said what? You need to clean, dry and water test the vehicle to appropriately address the issue. I literally had to complain and complain until I could get a rental car from them. I spoke to Ron Verdetto again who stated that he would take care of me and that he apologized for the inconvenience. I still was not happy and left a message for Jay Gunther who is the owner of the dealership and did not even give me the decency of calling me back or contacting me.

So in the next few days, I received a call back and said the car was ready. Once again, I drove back and found there was still water in the wheel well of the vehicle! I was fuming at this point and requested to have everything documented regarding the repairs of the vehicle as ever since the issue with the water they did not document anything for me. I waited a few days and came back again and found that there was moisture ONCE AGAIN in the tail light. I left the vehicle and on the next day it was addressed. Absolutely no satisfaction in this situation.

It took me over FIVE times to get this addressed. What kind of service is this? I myself am an Internet Marketer and I work heavily in customer service. I would have never treated a loyal customer like this after purchasing 3 vehicles from Gunther. I will NEVER purchase a vehicle from any of Gunther's dealerships and I will NEVER purchase a Volkswagen vehicle ever again and nor should you!

Twitter
"Do not bring your car here for service. They are only..."

vcvc
3/17/2013 9:17:02 AM

Joe

1.4

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

Do not bring your car here for service. They are only interested in up selling you and don't have the tech's to diagnosis your car properly. I took my new Beetle here which had front end vibration. They diagnosed the problem and did not offer to fix it, but told me to take it somewhere else to be repaired. Why would they do that? I thought they fixed VW's but apparently not. The charge for the diagnoses was $100.00. I took the car to a VW specialist, which is what I thought Gunther was, and showed them the Gunther diagnosis. The VW specialist said Gunther diagnosis was wrong and the VW specialist fixed the problem for 1 hour of labor. The list of things which Gunther initially wanted to fix related to the front end vibration was for approximately $1,500.00 and none of those repairs would have fixed the vibration problem. I requested my $100.00 be refunded for the incorrect diagnosis and I received no return calls after 3 attempts.

Twitter
"Don't get me wrong, Jeremy is great to work with, and it..."

GilesRulz
9/16/2012 10:23:11 PM

Jeremy

3.0

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

Don't get me wrong, Jeremy is great to work with, and it pains me to write this review because he has been nothing but pleasant and helpful to me. The problem is that their service department is incompetent. I have taken my last two cars there exclusively for (warranty) service, and they not only have struggled to fix the issues, they have inevitably messed something else up along the way. One issue caused them to have to replace a steering wheel, a visor, a headliner, a door sill, and a wind guard - all because they damaged them while "fixing" the car. And by "fixing", I mean that two years later the problem still exists.

Twitter
"Jeremy Rapp is the friendliest service adviser I've ever..."

RyanP429
6/7/2012 4:04:37 PM

Jeremy Rapp

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

Jeremy Rapp is the friendliest service adviser I've ever experienced. He's genuinely concerned about the problems and issues you come to him with about your vehicle, and will just about bend over backwards to make you feel at home over at Gunther. To be honest, the only reason I don't shop around between dealerships for better value on parts, and labor is Jeremy.

Twitter
"My daughter's four year old VW with 60k miles was taken..."

Bostop
3/24/2012 11:01:19 AM

Ron verdetto

1.4

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

My daughter's four year old VW with 60k miles was taken to Gunther VW service department.(I purchased the car new) The AC system was taking to long to cool the car. She was told the compressor, blower motor, and rear brakes needed to be replaced and the cost will be $1600.00. When notified that the car was ready the cost of the repairs had risen to over $2200.00 with tax. According to Gunther the cooling fans also failed and were replaced. Ron Verdetto, service manager agreeded that VW compoments should have better reliability and suggested I contact VW since so many AC parts failed and they MIGHT help with the cost of repairs. VW did not help with the cost of the repair, a waste of my time. I rate the car as having very poor reliability and Gunther simply doesn't care.

Twitter
"BUYER BEWARE. this was truly the worst experience I have..."

hpeck83287
11/17/2010 4:01:09 PM

Rob

My Review Of Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation:

BUYER BEWARE. this was truly the worst experience I have ever had at a car dealership. This is actually the third car owned from this dealer and I will NEVER buy another from them or VW for that matter. Still waiting for Ron, the service manager to call me back after leaving him messages 2 days ago. WE brought car in for service in June and told them that one of the tires was losing air and the tire sensor was on. After service they told us nothing was wrong with tire. A week later air pressure went down and tire light came on. We kept filling tire with air every week because we are working people that cannot spend all hours of everyday dealing with a car dealership. Well last week the tire blew on Interstate 75 with my wife driving it. Yes that same tire that they thought we were nuts for saying there was something wrong with it. On top of that when we bought car they forgot to include our roadside assistance card so my wife spent an hour sitting in her car on the left median of highway until I got there to change the tire. When I called the salesman in the morning to tell him about the card he didn't seem too concerned about it and gave me the 800 number. A day late and a dollar short i would day. Then after complaining to service department on Saturday when we brought in car, Rob our service advisor said the service manager (Ron) was not in and to call on Monday. Well I called on Monday and left a message, then called again in the afternoon. Still haven't heard back from dealer at all. Such poor Business this is for them for not only will I never buy a car, service a car with them but I will tell anyone and everyone I know how terrible they are. THUMBS DOWN VW

Gunther Volkswagen-Plantation - Service Center