Hendrick Toyota Scion Merriam

Legends Toyota

Angry RAV4 owner
5/22/2016

"Oil leak"

I own a 2008 RAV4 and was one of the unfortunate people who was plagued with the oil guzzling engines that Toyota "did not recall but would replace the engine for free". I took it to Hendrick Toyota and they tore the engine apart and then hit me with a $1500 quote for other things that needed replaced. Some of them seemed legit and some were as petty as antifreeze (charged twice in two different sections). This is petty because they drained the coolant, why am I paying for it to get filled after this all was their mistake? After I asked about why I was getting charged for this, they said they didn't have to drain it for the repairs they were doing. Somehow the charge did not make it on the final bill. After agreeing to the majority of the repairs and waiting for three days for my vehicle to be fixed, they came back with another $1500 estimate to fix my cracked gasket heads. A, why was a pressure test not performed when the engine was put together and b, why would all of the estimates not have been tied together? I would have traded the vehicle in had I known that it needed three thousand dollars in repairs. What was done was done though and I ponied up the 3k for the repairs. I got the vehicle back and low and behold I now see that the plastic cover that goes over the undercarriage was only screwed in by two of the bolts! As I continued to inspect the plastic piece that was only clearing the ground by two inches, I began noticing oil dripping. There were no issues of leaking oil prior to Hendrick "fixing" my problem. I was a Toyota person for life and not only have I written off Toyota due to sheisty practices at this one place, I have written off an entire large dealership.

Vincent and Zack

Avalon,judy1025
4/03/2016

"Learning curve"

Ron Shipiro very helpful in learning electronics in new car. Went out of his way to make me feel comfortable with the bells and whistles.

Tim Lindquist, Ron Shipiro

Jeri Brandon
3/31/2016

"Great experience"

About a month ago I got a call from I believe to be the best car salesperson I have ever personally worked with, Sue Wells. She asked if I would like a re-evaluation and I said sure. We talked about my '15 and that I was content but not entirely happy with the car mainly because of the interior was fabric and I was wanting leather. We took a test drive together and she explained all the great options and I explained my issues with my 2015 Rav4. Sue was so empathetic and understanding to my needs as I do have some disability issues. We got on so well ! She is so enthusiastic and knows her job so well and will go to great strides to make you the customer a happy satisfied customer. This lady not only got beautiful leather installed in my new Rav4 she got me the absolutely most beautiful 2016 Rav4 . She put my name on this car before the vehicle was ever delivered or transported to Hendricks! She called me on March 11,2016 to tell me that March 11th was the birthday of my car and always assuring me it was on its' way and sure enough I got my car with 3 miles on it. Then the car had to be outsourced for the leather installation. Another "easy, no problem" this was done within a 24 hour turn-around with Service associate Clint Wong. I received a nice loaner and was back to pick up my car the next day. I must say I was and still impressed with the leather installed it makes my beautiful Rav4 just that more satisfying to me. Sue Wells really listens to her customers and makes you feel as you are her only customer although I know in all reality you are not. She has the skills,knowledge and the capability to get "it" done! Anyone looking for a Toyota? Go to Hendricks and ask for Sue Wells! I know I will be in the future.

Sue Wells, Clint Wong and Ben Miller

1Nananana.3
2/27/2016

"Awesome car buying experience !!"

Hendrick Toyota in Merriam ks was the best choice I could have made when it came to car buying. I went having somewhat of an I sea what I wanted and met with a sales associate by the name of Sue Wells. She was great I told her my price range and what I was looking for and she showed me all my options and allowed me to decide what I wanted. Wasn't pushy or didn't try to rush me into anything. Was very patient and personable. Provided me with great options and and advice! Overall a great experience !!!

Sue Wells

Bill
2/09/2016

"LAZY Dishonest sales force !! BEWARE ! STAY AWAY !"

No warranty papers left in paperwork that was given with the rest of the paperwork to be taken home and was supposed to be their. The vehicle was stated to have been given an extensive inspection for safety and reliability. I drove the truck back to MO. had the required safety inspection and it did not pass! Problems with steering,inner tie rod bad. This Truck was just in for a new frame , leaf springs, front A arms, alignment, etc.THIS WAS A TOYOTA Factory RECALL! HOW COULD THEY PROPERLY INSPECT AND ALIGHN THE TRUCK WITH A DEFECTIVE PART? I was assured several times how good and dedicated there service mechanics were, and what a great deal I was getting ! Also left my garage door opener in my trade in I called Mathew the next morning and told him about it he said he would get it out of the car. later I called him back he told me he got it and had secured it .I asked him if he would mail it to me since I lived 3 hrs. away , HE said he would. Two weeks later and several calls to Mathew even leaving messages on his voice mail and contacting the dealership no returned phone calls.STILL NO OPENER! SEEM TO BE A BUNCH OF SHISTERS TO ME.STAY AWAY!!! Mathew Should be let go ! IF a sales person is to LAZY and Disrespectful to so much as at least return a simple phone call after taking ones hard earned money. Who is his Boss ? Makes you wander just what this whole dealership is about doesn't it ?

Mathew Schultz

Omar84
1/23/2016

"FRIENDS WHEN BUYING WORST ENEMIES AFTER YOU DO!"

My name is Omar, Before I did my worst mistake wich was buying a car thru Hendrick Toyota Scion, i purchased a used veichle at a small dealer ( Rosedale Auto Sales ) No! I dont work there or they're paying me for this! Anyways, the car as usual after driving the car on a daily basis you start to find repairs needed, every repair that i mention to them they cover me 100% atleast for the first month! Hendrick Toyota won't even try to atleast listen to me as a fustrated costumer with a car that i know its used but long story short very disapointed. Yes very Friendly at first once you're on the hook your worst enemies.. NO!! I WOULDNT RECOMEND THIS DEALER!! THE USED CAR SALES MANAGER IS REALLY RUDE AND ANYWHERE ELSE WOULD GIVE A BETTER DEAL! I MADE A MISTAKE!! BUT YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE..

Juan Rodriguez

John F. - Dallas, TX
1/17/2016

"Out-of-State Purchase Made Easy"

I found a pre-owned 2014 Subaru Outback that met my requirements at Hendrick via AutoTrader. From my initial online inquiry to eventual purchase the process was efficient and easy. Sue Wells is fantastic as is Oscar Espinoza. The team was also very helpful, and patient, explaining and assisting with out-of-state purchase and registration. I would recommend Hendrick, Sue Wells and the team for any purchase new or used, in-state or out. John F. - Dallas, TX

Sue Wells, Oscar Espinoza, Virginia Stein

Tom the Banker
12/30/2015

"Outstanding Toyota Dealership!"

I bought my 2013 Prius C there almost 2.5 years ago and referred my daughter who leased a 2015 Corolla from them. We have both cars serviced there. My daughter and I have been pleased with every experience we have had there. As their advertising promises "to exceed customers' expectations" they have done so, both in Sales and Service. Kristina really exceeded my expectations when she arranged for a loaner car (at their expense) for my daughter due to a delay in repairing her car (damaged in an accident) at their body shop. Thank you so much Kristina and the Service Advisor who stayed late to deliver the loaner car! Keep up the good work! Highly recommend!

Jordan Darby, Christina Rose

January 06, 2016

Thank you Tom for your glowing review. Our GM shared it with the entire team and I must say, it brightened my day. It has been a real joy getting to help out. Hope all is going smooth with your daughters Corolla. Take care, Christina Rose, Customer Relations Manager for Hendrick Toyota Scion Merriam.

dp
12/21/2015

"James (JB) was great - rest of the process? Meh."

Did a lot of Internet shopping, then met James (JB) Burgdoerfer to see a vehicle. JB is an outstanding, non-pushy salesperson who took the time to make sure the car I was interested in -- I had one in mind -- was ready to see and in top-flight condition. JB gets five stars from me, and I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking new or used. Even gassed it up for me before I drove it home. His manager, Dave, was pleasant, too. They're the only ones who kept this from being a one-star review. (And that's WITH me being happy with the car I bought.) However, BE PREPARED to have several hours to play the shady car-dealer game: - First, the website listed the car for one price, and had a button to click where I could give my info and get "my special e-price." Lo and behold, the e-price was the EXACT SAME. I even showed several people that, and was told "Well, this one doesn't have a special price." Hmm. - They have a $499 "admin" fee - higher than almost every other dealer I visited. - Their trade value was the lowest I'd rec'd (compared to other dealers I'd shopped, until I was able to bargain it up to something more in line (with them using the same Auction search as others, so I know the original was just a lowball.) - Multiple people, up to the GM, swung by. I didn't believe much of what any of them said, EXCEPT for JB. - I agreed to terms on Saturday, following my bank closing for the day, and was told by the financial guy that if I financed with him, we could do the car today. Other than that, I'd have to hope it was still there Monday, because an employee wanted to purchase it too, but was waiting on his insurance info. (?) I offered finance guy a deposit (of whatever amount he would need) to hold until first thing Monday, and he said they don't do that. It was simply an effort to get me to use their higher financing. I walked out, and within five minutes, I got a call that said he'd hold it until Monday for me -- no problem. All in all, a great car at the right price. Just know you're dealing with a huge dealer (Hendrick) and you're nothing but a number to most employees there. If JB moved to another dealer, I'd follow him there, I think. I'd be wary of buying from Hendrick again based on the rest of them.

James (JB) Burgdoefer, Oscar Espinoza, Erik Stone, David Wells

December 28, 2015

DP, thank you for alerting me to your concerns. We are looking into the website issues now and will be making adjustments shortly. As for the rest, I have presented your review to the management team to launch a full internal investigation. If you'd like to discuss your experience in greater detail, I can be reach directly at 913-789-4404. In the meantime, have a great holiday weekend and very wonder new year. Thanks again, Christina Rose, Customer Relations Mgr

River Market KC
12/13/2015

"Justin Doelling and the team at Hendrick are top notch"

I had been looking for a used Camry and knew what I wanted, but it had been tough and overwhelming with all the options available in the market. I inquired on a listing I found after hearing from a friend that they had a good experience at Hendrick Toyota, and Angelica called me right away to provide the information I requested and convinced me to pay a visit that day. I'm glad she did. After spending some time with Justin and taking a test drive of a 2011 SE, I knew it was what I wanted but didn't know that it would be in my monthly payment budget range and at a good interest rate. I chose to finance with Toyota, as they were able to beat the rate my bank offered me and the overall process was extremely easy and smooth. Justin gave me exactly what I wanted in every aspect, and it was so stress-free compared to the car shopping experiences I'd had thus far. I will know to go straight to Hendrick first when I'm ready to purchase my next car.

Justin Doelling, Angelica Sysavath, Erik Stone, Chetan Sampat

December 14, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and recommending Justin to all looking for a vehicle as well. Justin is quite a valued teammate of ours and we are truly blessed to have him as part of our winning team. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the near future if there is anything else we may be able to assist you with. Have a great week, Christina Rose, Customer Relations Mgr, Hendrick Toyota Scion Merriam in Kansas City