Did a lot of Internet shopping, then met James (JB) Burgdoerfer to see a vehicle. JB is an outstanding, non-pushy salesperson who took the time to make sure the car I was interested in -- I had one in mind -- was ready to see and in top-flight condition. JB gets five stars from me, and I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking new or used. Even gassed it up for me before I drove it home. His manager, Dave, was pleasant, too. They're the only ones who kept this from being a one-star review. (And that's WITH me being happy with the car I bought.)
However, BE PREPARED to have several hours to play the shady car-dealer game:
- First, the website listed the car for one price, and had a button to click where I could give my info and get "my special e-price." Lo and behold, the e-price was the EXACT SAME. I even showed several people that, and was told "Well, this one doesn't have a special price." Hmm.
- They have a $499 "admin" fee - higher than almost every other dealer I visited.
- Their trade value was the lowest I'd rec'd (compared to other dealers I'd shopped, until I was able to bargain it up to something more in line (with them using the same Auction search as others, so I know the original was just a lowball.)
- Multiple people, up to the GM, swung by. I didn't believe much of what any of them said, EXCEPT for JB.
- I agreed to terms on Saturday, following my bank closing for the day, and was told by the financial guy that if I financed with him, we could do the car today. Other than that, I'd have to hope it was still there Monday, because an employee wanted to purchase it too, but was waiting on his insurance info. (?)
I offered finance guy a deposit (of whatever amount he would need) to hold until first thing Monday, and he said they don't do that. It was simply an effort to get me to use their higher financing. I walked out, and within five minutes, I got a call that said he'd hold it until Monday for me -- no problem.
All in all, a great car at the right price. Just know you're dealing with a huge dealer (Hendrick) and you're nothing but a number to most employees there. If JB moved to another dealer, I'd follow him there, I think. I'd be wary of buying from Hendrick again based on the rest of them.
I Recommend This Dealer:
James (JB) Burgdoefer, Oscar Espinoza, Erik Stone, David Wells
Did you find this review helpful?