Husker Mercedes-Benz of Lincoln

Makes: Mercedes-Benz|Service Center

Overall Rating N/A

Husker Mercedes-Benz of Lincoln
Husker Mercedes-Benz of Lincoln Info

"My husband and I saw a Mercedes-Benz on eBay being sold..."

My husband and I saw a Mercedes-Benz on eBay being sold by Husker Auto of Lincoln, late model, looked great and about 2.5 miles from our home. We called Bryan Niebrugge, the contact listed on the auction, to inquire on a Saturday morning. Bryan said he rarely rates cars as a 10 but this one definitely was. We told him we'd be up on Monday morning to see it. The vehicle had low enough miles and was pretty much exactly what we were in the market for. When we arrived Monday, Bryan said their owner (implying owner of the dealership) had been driving the car. The passenger's side wheel was now scraped and in need of repair. Bryan unlocked the car and it had very obviously not been cleaned. I found a beer bottle cap in the cigarette lighter compartment, handed it to Bryan and asked if that's why the passenger side wheel now needed to be repaired...he chuckled, unapologetic. Then, I found 4 MORE beer bottle caps in the drivers side door pocket! Gave those to Bryan, too. Overall, the state of the interior was nowhere near the 10 he declared it to be on the phone - food crumbs in the back seat, what looked like spill marks on the sides of the front seats, even a candy stuck in the passenger side window well that had left a white streak on the window. The candy was visible, like someone had tried to spit it out the window, just didn't put quite enough power behind it. I was shocked, really had thought I could be driving the car home that day. Those things are mostly cosmetic, though there were more miles on the odometer than advertised, so we asked about price. He said he'd lowered it that morning to $36,900. Surprised, my husband repeated it to confirm, Bryan agreed again. We told him we'd go discuss it. The price was way lower than what we expected, too good to pass up even if we weren't in love with the vehicle, so we decided we'd take it at his new price. When we went back to Bryan to tell him we'd take his $36,900, he said $46,900! It was a ridiculous experience. I would have been completely embarrassed to offer to sell someone a vehicle in that state, especially knowing they were coming ahead of time, but Mr. Niebrugge seemed not to care at all, like it was nothing out of the ordinary...I'm guessing it isn't. It was the worst experience I've ever had with a car dealership and do NOT recommend shopping there at all.

Bryan Niebrugge

"Bought a '07 Mercedes from Micheal and Ryan. One month..."

Bought a '07 Mercedes from Micheal and Ryan. One month after purchase I had to put on new brakes & rotors even though Husker Auto supposedly had inspected the car and it was in 'perfect condition' . Husker Auto also put the wrong tires on my ML 350, but wouldn't correct their mistake. To top it all off, Nebraska law requires front bumper license plates on vehicles but Micheal said it didn't need it. I insisted to obey the law so instead of finding the existing brackets Michael DRILLED holes in the front bumper to put my license plate on...off center!! Now I'm currently trying to get them to fix this mistake but as par for the course...Husker Auto has horrible customer service and isn't willing to correct their mistake. Now my Mercedes has a visibly off center front license plate.

Micheal Barrett, Ryan Mathis