Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Angela Nunnally, Client Communication Manager, Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Angela Nunnally

Client Communication Manager

October 26, 2016

"took down payment &promised me a car they sold 3 days prior "

- jtt

I was searching for chevy corvette z06, with the options I wanted. I'm from virginia and finally found the color and options at Jim Ellis. I was so happy to see there was a 10,000 rebate as well. I felt I was pretty lucky to find this and talked with an employee who promised it was saved for me, took my credit card for $1,000 hold. That was friday and I was prepared to fly down to Atlanta sunday to purchase and take possession. Saturday they called to say it was not available, was sold 3 days prior. I was upset and asked them to help me find another similar model and a few times they said they would, but never got back to me. If I were you, I would not buy from them whether I was local or out of town. They never assumed any responsibility and never tried to make it right.

August 23, 2016

"UNPROFESSIONAL AND SCAMS IN SERVICE DEPARTMENT "

- Stevens

On April 4, 2016 I took my 2014 Chevy Silverado in for service ( tire rotation and balance). That afternoon, the service CSR, Tony, called and told me my truck was ready for pick up. After I signed the paperwork and got my keys, I walk out to my truck to leave. However, I noticed the tires had not been rotated ( as they should have been), so I called the CSR back out to my truck and said " my tires have not been rotated".....CSR said " I can assure you the work has been done" . I said " really" because I marked the tires and the tires were never taken off the truck to rotate. They immediately noticed the tires had not been rotated. In a panic, they took my truck. I told them to fix the mistake and do the balance also. They did! After the tires were rotated and balanced, I picked the truck back up. I noticed right away the front-end was vibrating when I reached speeds above 68 mph. I wasn't able to take the truck back in, but called the dealership and they told me to bring it back when I'm able. I ended up taking it to another dealership and they told me the balance would have to be done by the original dealership that did the work. As such, I tried to call and make an appointment on several occasions, but the dealers schedule and my schedule didn't work. Finally, on Friday, August 19th I was able to bring the truck back into the service department to have them look at the vibration in the front-end. The CSR, Tony, called me back and said " you need (4) four new tires, total cost $1000" I told him, I only want you to give me the balance because it was NEVER correct from the beginning. Tony told me he spoke to his manager, Mark Frost, and they would not do anything because of the mileage on the vehicle. Again, I explained the reason for the gap in time bringing the vehicle into service. They were rude and would not do anything. I went to pick up my truck after my conversation with Tony. As I got into my truck, I noticed the mileage was exactly the same as when I dropped the truck off. Therefore, they NEVER drove the truck to diagnose the front-end vibration. I immediately called Mark Frost and explained the truck wasn't even driven and how can they diagnose the front-end vibration problem? He said " it's outside of your mileage and we cannot do anything for you" . I told him this was NOT a warranty for mileage issue. It's a lying issue because your service department told me they drove the truck and diagnosed that I need (4) four new tires, but my question again is " how can tell a customer what needs to be done on your vehicle, if you never took the truck for ride? for all you know, the front-end could have major problems. He wouldn't do anything and tried to explain how many years he's been doing this. Bottom line - I'm taking my truck to another dealership to have the front-end looked at. BE WARNED!

August 18, 2016

"Jim Ellis Service Center way too fishy!!"

- ChevyGal83

Im a loyal GM customer and in my opinion this is a horrible dealership. I warn everyone to avoid bringing their car here for service. If I could give a "0" score I would. How do I know policies, because my grandfather was a Manufacturer's Rep from the GM plant in Doraville. He taught me about cars and GM. My car was only taken to Jim Ellis as it happened to be the closest dealership to the Mechanic doing my brakek job who found that there was a gas leak. The car had a cracked fuel pump/suppy which was covered under a Special GM Warranty. They supposed preformed a multi point inspection (standard protocol for any vehicle in any GM service center), diagnostics inspection to verify the problem and make the warranty repair. When the car comes out of the Service center, not only is the oil level dangerously low (less than 2 quarts in the car, I had to add 3 quarts to feel safe to drive the car!)that was not mentioned nor indicated on multi point inspection sheet, but the gas gages where not working properly. Told I would need to bring the car back in to be checked as it was possible the fuel pump that was replaced was faulty. They "examine" the car and determine that it is now the secondary fuel pump that is the issue and quote me at $620+tax to repair. Things just keep getting fishy! Finally they agree on a discount for the repairs. This comes mostly from GM. Go to get the car and they also replaced the primary fuel pump again, it had "fallen apart" while the mechanic was replacing the secondary. (Fishy.) Tried to discuss the oil levels low from when I picked it up Friday night, and basically got the brush off, a "we are sorry" and we will have to investigate. Then I go to leave and find a cigarette butt in my floor board! I do not smoke nor have I ever allowed anyone to smoke in my car! They "apologize" and say they will investigate!?! WTH?? I left beyond angry off (my staying to discuss the matter would not have ended well) and to make it worse my car reaks of cigarettes now! I called the manager and she offered to have my car detailed. Like I would ever let them near my car again! She claimed a Mark C. Will call me to discuss. I had concerns bringing my car here in the first place because of other people I know having not great experiences, but now I know I will NEVER let them touch my car again. Update: Nearly a week has gone by, still no call from Mark C.

• Certified Pre-Owned & Vehicles under Factory Warranty