Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

5900 Peachtree Industrial Boulevard,
Atlanta, Georgia 30341
Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta Info
About Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Jim Ellis has been family owned and operated since 1971. Join us as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary! With our long-term employees and Jim Ellis Chevrolet of Atlanta's commitment to having the best selection of new Chevrolets and pre-owned certified vehicles in Georgia - if not the entire Southeast - we're sure that your experience with us will be a pleasurable one. "The exact Chevy you want at a price you'll love" -whether new or used - is the Jim Ellis Chevrolet dealership's commitment to you! Come see for yourself why Jim Ellis is Georgia's better way to buy Chevrolet! Jim Ellis Chevy primarily serves the Atlanta Metro and North Georgia area and the majority of customers are in Fulton, North Fulton, Gwinnett, Dekalb, and Cobb counties. However, Jim Ellis Chevrolet also serves the needs of commercial truck, small business, and fleet vehicle owners all over the SE United States. In fact, Jim Ellis Chevrolet is nationwide with customers from Florida, Texas, New England, the Midwest, and the West. Jim Ellis Chevrolet also has a full offering of certified, pre-owned vehicles, financing, special financing as well as top-notch service and parts departments. Great finance rates are available to those with perfect credit and for those with less than perfect credit. Jim Ellis offers the full-line of Chevrolet products: the best selection of Aveo, Cruze, Malibu, Camaro LT, Camaro SS, Camaro Convertible, Impala, Corvette, Corvette Convertible, Corvette Z16 Grand Sport, Corvette Z06, Corvette ZR1, Equinox, Traverse, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, Silverado 2500, Silverado 2500HD, Silverado 3500HD, and Colorado in Atlanta. A full line Express cargo vans, Express passenger vans, chassis cabs, work trucks, flat beds, utility beds, Texas haulers, wreckers, and cube vans are also available. Jim Ellis Chevrolet employees participate in community charities and activities in towns all around Atlanta including: Chamblee, Decatur, Norcross, Duluth, Alpharetta, Gwin

About Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

• Certified Pre-Owned & Vehicles under Factory Warranty
Brando
4/01/2015

"After the Sale, Still knocking it out of the Park"

I just bought a Suburban last December and brought it in for its first free maintenance. I didn't know you all stopped doing oil changes at three on Sunday's. I got there at 3:15 with my wife and you all took the vehicle with a smile, did the oil change and tire rotation in about 30 minutes, maybe less. On the face of it, its great customer service, but what you don't know [because i didn't have to explain it to anyone] I was on my way out of town heading to California for a week business trip. I didn't want the bride to have to deal with the maintenance on the Suburban while i was gone which is why we came Sunday. So, bottom line, you guys took some stress off my family and didn't even know it. Further, we have 9 kids, so its critical that the Suburban be available and operational. Way to go Jim Ellis Chevrolet. You have customer for life.

Can't remember his name. White hair, black rim glasses, super nice

PZac
3/30/2015

"Best service experience I've had in a long time."

Best service experience I've had in a long time. Brought my 2005 Equinox into Jim Ellis on Thursday March 26th for hatch latch problem (would not open, period) and vibration issue during braking. Danon was extremely professional and friendly. When he thought we may have to wait on a part from Charlotte, he began making arrangements for me to have a loaner car to drive over the weekend. As it turned out the part was found locally and the repair was able to be made the next day (on Friday). I asked if it was possible to have the repairs completed by 2pm on Friday to help me with arranging for a ride to the dealership. He said he would take care of it, no problem. Danon called me the next day (on Friday) at 10:30am to let me know the car was all ready for pickup. I was able to pick up my car around noon, and not only were the repairs completed but my car was washed and looked great (better than when I brought it in). The hatch opened perfectly. Then the true test - would the shaking/vibration braking be truly fixed? After things I had read on the internet, I had my doubts. It was totally fixed. The car drives as good as it did brand new - braking, steering, acceleration - everything works perfectly. Thank you to Jim Ellis and special thanks to my service consultant, Danon Henton. He did a great job.

Denon Henton

Nikki2g2
3/26/2015

"Jim Ellis is the best place to go"

Jim Ellis is the best... Hands down. I am always greeted by name Brandon Colon in service always communicate and let me know whats going on with my car. I drive a great distance for service and its worth it because of the customer service...

Sales: Bill Ohare, service: Brandon Colon

Mrhill2011
3/19/2015

"Polite staff, hassle free buying experience "

We were searching for a specific make/model and mileage level on a Honda Pilot. Saw this dealership had a few on the lot and called to come in. We were greeted at the door by our sales person (Welcome Mr. And Mrs.!) and our car was ready to view. We had our baby daughter with us so had to test drive separately due to her car seat. Kya was extremely accommodating with everything and we agreed on a price shortly after driving the car. There were no typical sales tactics and we got a great deal on a great vehicle. If you are buying a used car, check out Jim Ellis Chevy and ask for Kya!

Abdua Kkyha

pat
3/05/2015

"Great car buying experience"

Seen the truck I wanted on internet and called asked could we get deal done today as I was going on vacation the next morning. The answer was sure we can I had my doubts as I live 2 hours away. Didn't get there till about 6 pm but was off on vacation the next morning in my avalanche. The guys stayed late and did what it took. Everyone was very courteous even an hour after closing time when i know they wanted to be at home. If you need a vehicle I would highly recommend you see Dino Hill at Jim Ellis Chevrolet he is extremely knowledgeable and courteous and took the time to explain all the features of the avalanche when he should have been headed home. Best car buying experience I have ever had. Thanks Guys

Dino Hill

JoyceOry
12/17/2014

"Excellent, My Expectations were Far Exceeded"

The entire team worked to restore our beloved HHR to like new performance, when it sadly needed extensive repair due to advanced miles. My husband was even convinced to look at a new car purchase from the same Jim Ellis Chevrolet, to meet our growing family needs.

rjones36
12/28/2013

"My Experience: Had faulty rear ride control/suspension..."

My Experience: Had faulty rear ride control/suspension compressor,leaking air bladder(s) and shocks on my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali replaced. Wasn't an inexpensive service visit -- over $2300. That said, Jim Ellis service department is huge and they are extremely efficient. I had my truck back the same day. My service writer, Rick G. was great. He kept my informed and worked with me to make sure the needed repairs stayed within my maximum limit (hey, it was just a couple of days after Christmas). Thankfully, I have only had to take it Jim Ellis 5 or 6 times in the 8+years that I have owned my GMC -- but they always treat you as if you were frequent visitor. Jim Ellis Service shines as an example of "..your get what you pay for.."

Rick Gonzalaz

tthdoc
8/16/2013

"worst experience ever from the night before when my..."

worst experience ever from the night before when my corvette broke down and i had to wait 5 hours for their tow truck to come to arriving to pick it up and it would not start. and they wonder why detroit is in such bad shape.

reggie stagmeir

August 19, 2013

Not the first criticism of the towing process that we've had concerning Roadside Assistance. We have brought this to the attention of General Motors and will persist in doing so, using this as an example. However, the area where we dropped the ball is we are supposed to be informing our Corvette customers (at delivery) that the preferred flatbed towing for Corvettes is handled by R. Mayer Towing of Atlanta e.g. don't call Roadside Assistance, call Mayer at 770-457-6246. I apologize for the inconvenience.

kruehle
6/26/2013

"The vehicle is consuming oil due to AFM system. This is a..."

The vehicle is consuming oil due to AFM system. This is a know and fully documented issue with this model truck. The problem started at ~40K miles. Step-one service was authorized and performed. The service adviser explained the ongoing oil consumption measurement procedure which I followed for the next 25K miles. Now at 65K miles oil consumption is as bad as initially seen. Yesterday, this same service adviser now says I had not followed the procedure and I probably didn't matter anyway since the vehicle is out of warranty. He mentioned that the although the problem occurred well within the warranty, GM would probably not cover any more repairs no matter how bad the problem got. From his mixed words and overall attitude he was basically indicating he would not go out of his way to help me resolve this issue. Throughout the last 2 years he lead me to believe I would be taken care of he would help make me whole. Now he has decided to get rid of me and my issue. He has definitely done that effectively. When you spend over $40,000 on a vehicle, you'd expect more than 40K miles without major oil consumption issues. It is also reasonable to expect that the dealership I purchased the vehicle from should help me resolve this issue with the factory. I hope to never have to deal with Jim Ellis again. Chances are, I will never purchase a GM product again.

Richard Gonzalez

kruehle responded to this review

July 01, 2013

After seeing this post, Scott Copeland at Jim Ellis is working with GM to resolve the issue. The outcome looks very promising at this point. I hope to get my vehicle repaired under factory warranty within 2 weeks.

July 01, 2013

Our apologies for the miscommunication and poor approach. GM states that consumption must exceed 2.5 quarts per 5K miles. Your truck was at 2.3. Obviously, close enough. The truck repair will be covered. Thank you for your patience. Mark Frost, General Manager

Austanj
4/24/2013

"My brand new truck had a rattle that was in the shop 9..."

My brand new truck had a rattle that was in the shop 9 times to be fixed. The mechanis folded napkins up and shoved in the dash to try to resolve the problem. Instead of replacing parts they just kept trying to fix the defective part. Horrible experience will never send anyone to Jim ellis for a vehicle. Mr ellis the owner doesn't care at all about his customers!!!

Mr ellis, the sales manager, service manager and the mechanics

May 16, 2013

This case was very frustrating for both the customer and us. The theory is the non-factory alterations done by the customer to the truck were the cause of the vibrations. The truck had a modest "lift kit" on it and aggressive-tread, oversize tires. We have had no other reports of similar vibrations in "from the factory" trucks, indeed, when testing another truck that had been lifted (and oversize, larger, aggressive tread tires), it represented with vibrations not found on non-modified trucks too. General Motors assessed that the problems were due to non-factory alterations and even though that was GM's position, we still attempted - 9 times, including a host of new parts and parts from another truck that had no vibrations - to fix it. Very unusual situation however, from now on, we are making sure to tell customers that "modifications such as lift kits, aggressive-tread, oversize tires may cause vibration" warning for any of our customers seeking to modify their trucks. Mr. Ellis cares, I care, my staff cares. Unfortunately, out of the 40,000 repairs our shop does yearly, this is one we were not able to keep fixed although there were period of time where we thought we had it. Mark Frost, General Manager

Reviews of Rich Pisanti