Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Good

Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta Info
About Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

Jim Ellis has been family owned and operated since 1971. Join us as we celebrate our 40th Anniversary! With our long-term employees and Jim Ellis Chevrolet of Atlanta's commitment to having the best selection of new Chevrolets and pre-owned certified vehicles in Georgia - if not the entire Southeast - we're sure that your experience with us will be a pleasurable one. "The exact Chevy you want at a price you'll love" -whether new or used - is the Jim Ellis Chevrolet dealership's commitment to you! Come see for yourself why Jim Ellis is Georgia's better way to buy Chevrolet! Jim Ellis Chevy primarily serves the Atlanta Metro and North Georgia area and the majority of customers are in Fulton, North Fulton, Gwinnett, Dekalb, and Cobb counties. However, Jim Ellis Chevrolet also serves the needs of commercial truck, small business, and fleet vehicle owners all over the SE United States. In fact, Jim Ellis Chevrolet is nationwide with customers from Florida, Texas, New England, the Midwest, and the West. Jim Ellis Chevrolet also has a full offering of certified, pre-owned vehicles, financing, special financing as well as top-notch service and parts departments. Great finance rates are available to those with perfect credit and for those with less than perfect credit. Jim Ellis offers the full-line of Chevrolet products: the best selection of Aveo, Cruze, Malibu, Camaro LT, Camaro SS, Camaro Convertible, Impala, Corvette, Corvette Convertible, Corvette Z16 Grand Sport, Corvette Z06, Corvette ZR1, Equinox, Traverse, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, Silverado 2500, Silverado 2500HD, Silverado 3500HD, and Colorado in Atlanta. A full line Express cargo vans, Express passenger vans, chassis cabs, work trucks, flat beds, utility beds, Texas haulers, wreckers, and cube vans are also available. Jim Ellis Chevrolet employees participate in community charities and activities in towns all around Atlanta including: Chamblee, Decatur, Norcross, Duluth, Alpharetta, Gwin

About Jim Ellis Chevrolet Atlanta

• Certified Pre-Owned & Vehicles under Factory Warranty
JoyceOry
12/17/2014

"Excellent, My Expectations were Far Exceeded"

The entire team worked to restore our beloved HHR to like new performance, when it sadly needed extensive repair due to advanced miles. My husband was even convinced to look at a new car purchase from the same Jim Ellis Chevrolet, to meet our growing family needs.

rjones36
12/28/2013

"My Experience: Had faulty rear ride control/suspension..."

My Experience: Had faulty rear ride control/suspension compressor,leaking air bladder(s) and shocks on my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali replaced. Wasn't an inexpensive service visit -- over $2300. That said, Jim Ellis service department is huge and they are extremely efficient. I had my truck back the same day. My service writer, Rick G. was great. He kept my informed and worked with me to make sure the needed repairs stayed within my maximum limit (hey, it was just a couple of days after Christmas). Thankfully, I have only had to take it Jim Ellis 5 or 6 times in the 8+years that I have owned my GMC -- but they always treat you as if you were frequent visitor. Jim Ellis Service shines as an example of "..your get what you pay for.."

Rick Gonzalaz

tthdoc
8/16/2013

"worst experience ever from the night before when my..."

worst experience ever from the night before when my corvette broke down and i had to wait 5 hours for their tow truck to come to arriving to pick it up and it would not start. and they wonder why detroit is in such bad shape.

reggie stagmeir

August 19, 2013

Not the first criticism of the towing process that we've had concerning Roadside Assistance. We have brought this to the attention of General Motors and will persist in doing so, using this as an example. However, the area where we dropped the ball is we are supposed to be informing our Corvette customers (at delivery) that the preferred flatbed towing for Corvettes is handled by R. Mayer Towing of Atlanta e.g. don't call Roadside Assistance, call Mayer at 770-457-6246. I apologize for the inconvenience.

kruehle
6/26/2013

"The vehicle is consuming oil due to AFM system. This is a..."

The vehicle is consuming oil due to AFM system. This is a know and fully documented issue with this model truck. The problem started at ~40K miles. Step-one service was authorized and performed. The service adviser explained the ongoing oil consumption measurement procedure which I followed for the next 25K miles. Now at 65K miles oil consumption is as bad as initially seen. Yesterday, this same service adviser now says I had not followed the procedure and I probably didn't matter anyway since the vehicle is out of warranty. He mentioned that the although the problem occurred well within the warranty, GM would probably not cover any more repairs no matter how bad the problem got. From his mixed words and overall attitude he was basically indicating he would not go out of his way to help me resolve this issue. Throughout the last 2 years he lead me to believe I would be taken care of he would help make me whole. Now he has decided to get rid of me and my issue. He has definitely done that effectively. When you spend over $40,000 on a vehicle, you'd expect more than 40K miles without major oil consumption issues. It is also reasonable to expect that the dealership I purchased the vehicle from should help me resolve this issue with the factory. I hope to never have to deal with Jim Ellis again. Chances are, I will never purchase a GM product again.

Richard Gonzalez

kruehle responded to this review

July 01, 2013

After seeing this post, Scott Copeland at Jim Ellis is working with GM to resolve the issue. The outcome looks very promising at this point. I hope to get my vehicle repaired under factory warranty within 2 weeks.

July 01, 2013

Our apologies for the miscommunication and poor approach. GM states that consumption must exceed 2.5 quarts per 5K miles. Your truck was at 2.3. Obviously, close enough. The truck repair will be covered. Thank you for your patience. Mark Frost, General Manager

Austanj
4/24/2013

"My brand new truck had a rattle that was in the shop 9..."

My brand new truck had a rattle that was in the shop 9 times to be fixed. The mechanis folded napkins up and shoved in the dash to try to resolve the problem. Instead of replacing parts they just kept trying to fix the defective part. Horrible experience will never send anyone to Jim ellis for a vehicle. Mr ellis the owner doesn't care at all about his customers!!!

Mr ellis, the sales manager, service manager and the mechanics

May 16, 2013

This case was very frustrating for both the customer and us. The theory is the non-factory alterations done by the customer to the truck were the cause of the vibrations. The truck had a modest "lift kit" on it and aggressive-tread, oversize tires. We have had no other reports of similar vibrations in "from the factory" trucks, indeed, when testing another truck that had been lifted (and oversize, larger, aggressive tread tires), it represented with vibrations not found on non-modified trucks too. General Motors assessed that the problems were due to non-factory alterations and even though that was GM's position, we still attempted - 9 times, including a host of new parts and parts from another truck that had no vibrations - to fix it. Very unusual situation however, from now on, we are making sure to tell customers that "modifications such as lift kits, aggressive-tread, oversize tires may cause vibration" warning for any of our customers seeking to modify their trucks. Mr. Ellis cares, I care, my staff cares. Unfortunately, out of the 40,000 repairs our shop does yearly, this is one we were not able to keep fixed although there were period of time where we thought we had it. Mark Frost, General Manager

brotherwillie
3/31/2013

"Fred Gamble and the whole staff at Jim Ellis Chevrolet..."

Fred Gamble and the whole staff at Jim Ellis Chevrolet was truly a pleasure to work with. They listened to my concerns and worked a deal with me on the vehicle I wanted. Kudos to everyone I came in contact with at Jim Ellis Chevrolet.

Fred Gamble

jersan8
2/05/2013

""Vladimir Kochubey is one of the best service reps I..."

"Vladimir Kochubey is one of the best service reps I have ever run into. He does an excellent job of ascertaining just what the problem is that I'm there for and he has never disappointed me with when my vehicle will be ready for pickup.-- Jerry Tobias" Over the last three years we have visited the Jim Ellis dealership three or four time to resolve issues we have experienced with our 2010 Traverse and our 2007 Corvette. We have not had a bad experience and in fact we have been treated with respect by each and every Jim Ellis employee that we've encountered including the person that oversees the coffee area. One of our visits was to repair front end damages to our 2010 Traverse after a collision. Their collision shop handled everything for us and returned our vehicle as good as new. While I can't remember the service rep. that handled our case I can say that he was excellent, keeping us informed as to progress, right up to and including our picking up our Traverse. If you are looking for dealerships that are customer focused, try going to one of Jim Ellis's and that includes his collision shop. You won't be disappointed.

Vladimir Kochubey

LoganButler
8/22/2012

"This is the second vehicle we have purchased from Jim..."

This is the second vehicle we have purchased from Jim Ellis, both have been GMC vehicles. Jason Bankston sold us our Sierra in 2009 and he was the F&I manager when we bought the Acadia. Both experiences were exceptional. Also, Barry did a great job of educating us about the Acadia and helping my wife pick out the vehicle she wanted. You have a very good team and business model. --Logan Butler

Jason Bankston and Barry Bacon

kerryhaberkorn
7/05/2012

"Bruce "The Rock" Vernon is very professional,..."

Bruce "The Rock" Vernon is very professional, friendly, and courteous. He is the epitome of steller customer service, and a true asset to your organization!! He is the primary reason I will come back!! Kerry Haberkorn

Bruce Vernon

angelbuffs
6/18/2012

"My car buying experience was a breeze at Jim Ellis of..."

My car buying experience was a breeze at Jim Ellis of Atlanta. It was low stress and low pressure...exactly as it should be. There is nothing worse then when you are trying to make a decision about spending ALOT of money on a new car for the sales rep to be standing over your shoulder pressuring you to "buy now!". My sales rep, Bob Tschappat, and his boss, Sam Manji, were a pleasure to work with. Bob was very knowledgable about the Acadias and was able to throughly answer any and all questions I had on the vehicle. Sam was able to make me a deal that I couldn't get anywhere else...trust me, I did my homework and called around to a number of dealerships in the state of GA and all of them told me that I would be crazy if I didn't take that deal because they couldn't come even close to matching it or beating it. I decided that I couldn't pass it up either. This is my first GMC and hopefully I will be pleased enough with how it holds up to purchase again in the future. I will definitely bring my business back to Jim Ellis of Atlanta. Thanks guys! You're the best!

Bob Tschappat and Sam Manji