Jim Skinner Honda

Makes: Honda|Service Center

Jim Skinner Honda
Jim Skinner Honda Info

"Rude employees."

I recently came down to Jim Skinner Honda, and I was looking to purchase a new car. I worked with Bill, who seemed nice enough at first. However, he was very high-pressure and it put me off from purchasing at this dealership. Buying a car is a substantial amount of money, and I won't let anyone pressure me into making my decisions - and if someone does, it makes me put on the brakes... and especially so if they try to insult me. The second trip I made down there, I actually told Bill that I wasn't planning on purchasing tonight, just going over some final numbers. This was the wrong thing to say, as his demeanor quickly changed and he went on about how "my credit isn't very good and they had to pull some strings to get me financed." Therefore, I should feel honored to be graced with their presence and purchase a car from them since obviously no one else is going to sell me one...? Wrong, I brought my own financing with a great interest rate, but I was curious if I could get better through a Honda promotion. I know what my credit looks like - and it is far from "not very good." Also, they were mistaken on the terms of the Honda military discount, and I had to tell them to look it up again. I will definitely be telling everyone at Fort Rucker to stay away, and perhaps Sam Boswell would be a better choice.

Bill

"Riding Honda's name"

High pressure once they know your serious about buying. The vehicle I wanted, that I had seen on their website was filthy inside. After they cleaned it up, they had missed the center console completely. It was nasty with dried food and gunk. I thought honest mistake. We asked for their rock bottom price. They quoted a price higher that their own website (I almost walked out then). They then replaced the cracked windshield after I purchased it. Imagine my surprise when there were bits of glass left inside and even in the seat the sales person drove it in to bring it to me. Plus new food crumbs inside..really? Really? Anyone doing research, Mike Slaughter at Bondy's Nissan was great, very low pressure yet still helpful. I only wish he had a used CRV he could have sold me or the new Rogues were slightly lower in prices when fully loaded. I think Jim Skinner Honda is just riding the Honda name.

Randy

"Bought a new 06 Civic in May 06. Have bought numerous..."

Bought a new 06 Civic in May 06. Have bought numerous cars over the last 20 years. Wayne made it a fairly painless experience.I have recently obtained my sanity, though, with the help of Dave Ramsey. I will no longer be buying new cars every few years. What a waste of time and money!!!!How stupid!! Sorry, all you salesmen who have been getting great commissions for years, will no longer be getting my business. As for service, Doyle has been a great service manager, always very courteous and helpful. All work done so far on the car,now with 70,000 miles on it, has been great! Fortunately, thus far, most of the service trips have been for routine service only(Honda reliability)

Wayne,Doyle

"One of the most sincere and caring person I have ever..."

One of the most sincere and caring person I have ever dealt with when purchasing an automobile. He took the time to carefully explain to me all details of the financing and purchasing agreement. He genuinely cared about my concerns and provided me with several options, esplaining to me each one and then let me decide. NO PRESSURE! Thanks, Timothy! Good Job. I LOVE MY HONDA.

Timothy Rigsby