Jim White Honda

Maumee, Ohio 43537
Jim White Honda Info

Tim
3/26/2016

"Excellent people very trust worthy"

I bought my last 4 vehicles from Bob white and I will continue to do so. Andy is my service guy and always takes care of me!

Bob White

Don'tlikescams
1/08/2016

"Unprofessional"

I recently went to get an oil change. Amazingly(!), the service guy writing up the paperwork said that my "car showed" that I needed a B1, B2 and B3 update (or something like that). It involved tire rotation, brake fluid, new belts, and an intestinal cleanse(!). The service guy then said, "You have a lot of miles for a 2015 CRV." I said, "It's a 2013." It turns out that he was looking on his computer at the 2015 CRV we had purchased at Jim White--which wasn't the car I brought in. Hmmm--he was looking at the wrong car, but it said I needed B1, etc. While there--I was also hit up by one of those "get your windshield repaired" people. Obviously, Jim White must have a kickback deal going with the company. I JUST WANTED TO GET THE OIL CHANGED,

Hazel
12/01/2015

"The Absolute Best!"

I purchased my 2014 Honda Accord from Jim White Honda. I take it there for service and they have the most amazing service department I have ever used. It is so clean, Lisa, the last person I had help me was amazing. She took very good care of me and my Honda. I went in for an Oil Change, and found I also needed a starter. I had been having trouble with the new push button starter a few days before. They worked me in and got it done and I was out of there in no time. I will continue to use Jim White Honda for purchases and service.

Lisa

Zivasan
10/13/2015

"The Best"

Another place didn't know what was wrong when the motor mount came off and my engine had slipped out of place! (after an accident). Because it would be a long wait, they took me and picked me up from an appointment at no charge and didn't even want a tip. About a week later I received a sizable check with a note I had been overcharged. They always double check the charges after service. I bought a new Civic at this dealership. I went to other places to save money for regular usage repairs. Every time other shops would find "something else" or it would have a problem afterwards. This never happens at Jim White Honda! My car runs great and only needs things from regular usage done. They are very friendly and accommodating. I've been going there for over 10 years and have experienced only success there!

Dylan is the only name I recall. All were good.

Michel14
9/11/2015

"Very dishonest Service Department"

This used to be the best Service Dept. I have ever dealt with until the last few years when they got a new manager. They push for repairs that are needed on your vehicle and quote extreme times for simple repairs to put more money in their pockets. I went for a simple oil change and was told my belt needed replaced and would cost $170 and take at least an hour to change. I took my car down the road and paid $25 for the repair and it took them less than ten minutes. That same oil change I found out was done wrong because my car was leaking oil. When I took it in they said they redid the oil change and put new filters in. I took the car to a drive thru oil change place then to see if it was done and they pulled out an oil soaked air filter from my car. This dealership only cares about their pocket books and will lie and scam at any cost even if it leaves a customer with an unsafe vehicle to drive.

Mark Johson and Andrew Lange

rsj
6/26/2012

"I have been a customer of Jim White for a short time, but..."

I have been a customer of Jim White for a short time, but after this trip to the shop I will be for a very long time. I had a bad transmission problem and was told by some mechanic friends that it was shot. I called the service manager Mark and he was very knowledgeable and told me to bring it in right away and that they would look at it and that it may not even be a bad transmission. When I got there Andrew helped me and w/Mark's help looked at my van and found out it was just a small part that needed fixed. Cost was $135.00. Very nice people and helped me get through a very un-easy feeling.

Mark Johnson/Andrew Lange

PJ084
1/19/2012

"I had prev. purchased three Honda's from this dealership...."

I had prev. purchased three Honda's from this dealership. In 2010 I went back to purchase a new Element. The car was delivered with a damaged windshield and constant dash rattle. It was never properly repaired after over a year and FIVE visits to the service dept. The dealership management was not only nonsupportive and rude but refused to offer further service (telling me I could continue to bring it back, but they had 'done all they would do'). Our salesperson (the same one we had always dealt with completely abandoned us). We were never offered an appointment with a manuf. rep. I then contacted NINE other honda dealerships all of which found our experience at white Honda appalling and offered their assistance. Fischer Honda in Ypsilanti MI, immediately contacted the local service rep, for us and made an appointment. My car was fixed in ONE visit. Absolutely the worst service I have ever received in over 30 years of owning Honda's. We are buying a 2012 car this week and will not even consider ANY Honda due to the extremely poor customer treatment at jim white honda. Nor will I ever refer anyone to this dealership again.

s.gomez (manager) m. johnson (service dept.)

Sta500bassist
12/15/2011

"What a pleasant experience! A++ from the very moment I..."

What a pleasant experience! A++ from the very moment I walked in the front door the staff was warm and welcomeing. Chris made sure to help us find exactly what we were looking for!

Chris jr

Jon Corwin
8/08/2011

"Was in for a simple Oil change. Of course work ended up..."

Was in for a simple Oil change. Of course work ended up costing more than quoted but no big deal. Inquired about a fixing some trim. I was told that I needed a new part although I'm not sure this was totally necessary. This was about 4:30p.m. Part was ordered. Later I discovered that I could get the part for about 40% less elsewhere. I called at 8:30a.m. the next day and tried to cancel. Of course I was told that I couldn't. The parts person checked and part was already there. Evidently, the part came from a local source. In order to return, the dealer wants to charge 20% for a part that came from a local source that they probably use daily. While I realize that there is a cost to doing business, I also realize that pleasing customers also affects the cost on business. I felt that already being gouged for an overpriced part is to be expected from most dealers, but charging 20% to return it locally is a bit too much (especially with so little time having passed).There are plenty of places to get this car serviced, but just as important to me, are the ones that do the little extra for the customer. These I will deal with. My son just bought a car there and I'm sure that unless it is absolutely necessary, it will be difficult for me to recommend having it serviced there as will it be for me to take my wife's car back. Please be certain had the service rep. said "sure, no problem, we can return this and there will be no charge" it would have had a much more positive affect on customer service and repeat business.

parts

Terri48
3/14/2011

"The entire staff was so helpful, especially my salesman..."

The entire staff was so helpful, especially my salesman Ben. It was a very comfortable atmosphere with no intimidation. I HIGHLY recommend this dealership to anyone interested in purchasing a new Honda. It was honestly the best car buying experience I have ever had!

Ben Olin