K & R Auto Sales Inc

K & R Auto Sales Inc

K & R Auto Sales Inc Info

Lee Credit Now

Merchants Automotive Group

"Very friendly and curtious until we needed something..."

Very friendly and curtious until we needed something fixed on the vehical. Brought the vehical back 3 times for them to clean the interior, which was agreeded upon when we were signing the paper work. Each time they had a n excuse for not getting it done. Then the straw that broke the camels back, the sunroof started leaking. Made an appointment with them to get it fixed, stopped by the next day to pick it up and they said it was all fixed. Two weeks later it rained and it started leaking again. I took the Jeep to a Jeep dealership, they took a look at it and informed me that there was some parts missing and that it would continue to leak unless the whole sunroof would be replaced. K& R Auto never fixed anything, they just told me they did. A dealership like K&R should not be able to have a dealers license if this how they treat there customers. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM K & R AUTO, THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

????

"Bought a used car. It was in good condition, I admit. My..."

Bought a used car. It was in good condition, I admit. My needs were: mileage over 34mpg (I drive long distances by necessity); good reputation (Blue Book index of reliability over 77%) and air conditioning. I could not have cared about anything else. I found a car on the website and asked about it. Mike, the salesman, assured me the car had all those features, and guaranteed it -- in fact, we signed a paper regarding that statement. On the test drive I noticed there was not an air conditioner control (red alert) but I checked under the hood and there was a warning about the air conditioner refrigerant being under high pressure. I figured there HAD to be air conditioning and maybe the climate control would carry that when I turned it to "blue". I asked Mike about it and he reassured me there was 'air'. The car has a 90 day return warantee. on the 85th day it was hot -- I tried the air cond by doing the turn-down to 'blue'. There was no air conditioning. I called Mike right away and he said to come on down. Cool. I arrived there and they were having a "big sale and it's a pain in the a**." OK, fine. Let's deal. Ryan Reed fought me about it. Mike said he 'would not have done it that way'. (Later -- figured it's a case of "good guy vs. bad guy" - I was right. So Mike appeared upset, and I was going to be the nice guy and not stress him - and return a few days later when he could find a suitable replacement. Fine, I thought. These guys would make it right. I was wrong. I figured I would spare them the labor and so I spent the next few days looking over their website inventory to find a suitable replacement - FOUND ONE!!. So I went in to buy my choice - it was $2k more but if I added a year to the loan I could just make it. Mike let me try the vehicle -- it met all my needs and then some! So I returned to deal. I turned out they would only give me $2,000 less for the car I bought from them just 2 and 1/2 months ago! With that on top of the $2,000 more for the new loan it went from $201 to $240 per month for an extra year, which was considerably more than I had factored in. I dropped the deal and left with a very bad feeling I had been screwed. I'm reading other sites with similar complaints. Look up the Latin for "Caveat Emptor!" - - it means "Buyer Beware"!! Avoid this dealership because by this (and others I have read) experience -- if you have a problem they will try to milk you dry. I don't normally complain, but I have been screwed. If they try anything else, I will be forced to report this to the Maine AG and then I will sue. My lawyer informs me I have a good case. Hmmm.

"Ripped of to the tune of a $500 non -refundable deposit. ..."

Ripped of to the tune of a $500 non -refundable deposit. We stopped there after our truck was wrecked by a distracted driver to see what local used car dealers had in the way of mid sized SUVs , vans and wagons. We found a nice looking Ford FreeStyle (they stopped making them we later found out - for good reason no doubt) and were told that it was a great vehicle , cream of the crop, luxury vehicle, good price, safe, reliable, volvo chassis etc. We naively put down the $500 deposit then went home to do our research. We found out that the CVT transmission was very unreliable, that the FreeStyle had major, ongoing , repeated brake problems and lots of safety issues, some rated extremely critical. We took all this info to them and asked for a refund since they misrepresented the car. At that point we probably would have bought a different car from them. When they basically said, too bad so sad, find a car on the lot and we might apply the $500 to that car, we walked away to a dealer across the street (Rowe) and found a much better car for the same price with a better safety record and a warranty. I would recommend that you stay away from K and R Auto Sales in Auburn Maine. I suppose that most used car dealers don't want to know the statistics related to safety and reliablity of the used cars that they are trying to sell, but when confronted with statistical evidence of problems, the refusal to throw in some kind of warranty or to at least check the trouble spots for problems is just wrong.

Jim, the boss and some salespeople

"I recently went shopping for a used truck. I visited..."

I recently went shopping for a used truck. I visited several dealers starting with K&R. After driving several trucks I settled on one I liked. A Ford F150 4WD. I had done some research and figured my trade in was worth about $4000. When I was offered $2000 I was stunned. My salesman David got the Sales Manager Jim and he spent about 1/2 an hour explaining the market conditions for high mileage gas guzzlers. I wasn't happy with the figures but what they said made sense. Well after going 4 more places I found the bottom line was more than fair. Other dealers gave me what I wanted for my trade in but only against a highly inflated price for theirs. What they told me at K&R still rings true. "you make not love our answers, but they are true". Thanks to Dave & Jim for being upfront & honest from the get go. I would highly recommend them to anyone. P.S. Dave,. don't forget my owners manual!

DAVE HINKLEY & JIM JOYS