Lance Cunningham Ford

Lenoir City Ford

SBuck
2/04/2016

"deceive you "

They will tell you what you want to hear and omit out cost then when you have an issue it takes weeks to get anything done with them treating you poorly once you come to pick your vehicle back up.

Allan Sizemore & Lance Cunningham himself

Gardenman2016
1/14/2016

"New truck at used truck price"

Went to look for a used truck. Based on websites, figured my budget would allow for a 2012 or 2013 with about 30,000 miles. Met with John McCarthy. He showed me a used truck, but it wasn't what I really wanted. It was too long to fit in my garage. After checking his inventory, he showed me a brand new 2015 that met or exceeded my expectations (and fit in the garage!) With the Ford rebates, a fair trade in value and some deep, deep discounting from Lance Cunningham, I left driving the truck of my dreams at a price I never thought was possible (and within my budget!) Thanks, John, you are the best!

John McCarthy

halg54
1/05/2016

"Best car buying experience I have ever had"

Lance Cunningham Ford in Knoxville made my purchase so easy. I found what I had been looking for on his website. After talking with the dealership via text I found the whole experience so easy and stress free. Preston Williams my sales associate was professional and extremely knowledgeable during the whole buying process. I will definitely buy from Preston again! Oh by the way did I mention I live 175 miles away? The deal I received was well worth the drive!. Hal Van Metre

Preston Williams

krissydharvey
10/18/2015

"Unethical Sales and Service Departments"

We just bought a vehicle from this dealership. My husband was told there were no issues with things that he had specifically asked about such as rust. He was told they would fix the rear door so that it closes correctly and tighten the driver's seat since it was loose. He gave them 2 chances to fix the door correctly and that did not happen. The rear Jeep door does not close flush with the body of the Jeep. The top part of the door sticks out over half an inch past the body. The service department told hm it is supposed to be like that. They did tighten the seat bolts but a week later he had to tighten it again. Turns out the floor under the carpet is so rusted out that the seat will not even stay bolted down. We were told they had the carpet out when they cleaned it for my husband to pickup so clearly they were aware of the rust and why the seat would not stay tight. There are literally holes in the metal from so much rust. When this was brought to their attention the Service Manager, Jonathan referred to it as "surface rust" and said that we should have pulled up the carpet to check for ourselves before purchasing the vehicle and they would be willing to fix it for a repair fee. In one month's time since purchasing this Jeep, we have put over $2K into repairs that an ethical dealership would not have lied about or hidden at the time of purchase for safety reasons. There is no way we would ever return!!

Jonathan - Sales Manager

JayNew
8/24/2015

"Pretty Good"

One thing about Lance is that they have great customer service and they just make you feel at home. I took awhile to figure out what I wanted to do and they didn't try to rush me into making a decision but they gave me advice the whole way. All in all, it was a good experience.

Marlond Mason, John Hill

sucker
7/08/2015

"Service Dept. has terrible service."

If you have any questions about the level of service, just sit in the service dept. waiting room. The complaints are many. During my extended wait, one man had a appointment for an oil change After a hour said still waiting for oil filter, the man said he could have walked up the street and bought one quicker, took two hours for oil change. Another man had work done on his truck and had to bring it back. After hours of waiting he was ready to go. He left and came right back, truck still not fixed. I took my car in for 80,000 check up. Brakes fixed? They did not squeak before they fixed them. They work on engine cooling system, now the warning light for cooling system comes on and car not running right. Told to bring it in and they would see if it was there work, or something else gone wrong. YEAH RIGHT! I would have to wait, could not provide loaner car, knowing I was moving out of state next day. I am hoping my car will make it to new town, because I no longer trust Lance to work on a bike. If you buy a car from them I recommend you get it serviced anywhere else.

Rick Griffen

CINDY
5/21/2015

"$23K PIECE OF JUNK"

I PURCHASE A TAHOE HYBRID 2 1/2 WEEKS AGO AND IT'S BEEN IN THE SHOP THREE TIMES NOW AND STILL THERE!!! TEN MINUTES AFTER I LEFT THE DEALERSHIP THE ENGINE STARTED REVVING UP WHILE THE VEHICLE WAS STOPPED. MY FIRST REACTION WAS MAYBE BECAUSE IT WAS A HYBRID AND HADN'T BEEN DRIVEN LATELY, THE ENGINE AND FLUIDS WERE ADJUSTING...I AM NOT A MECHANIC SO I JUST DIDN'T KNOW. AS THE DAYS WENT BY, THE PROBLEM WORSENED SO I TOOK THE VEHICLE TO MY PERSONAL MECHANIC. THE PLUGS AND WIRES NEEDED TO BE REPLACED IMMEDIATELY WHICH COST $250. THIS HELPED THE PROBLEM SOMEWHAT BUT NOT COMPLETELY. THEN, THE DRIVER DOOR WOULD NOT OPEN FROM THE INSIDE OR OUTSIDE SO I TOOK IT TO MY LOCAL GM DEALER AND THEY HAD TO INSTALL AN ACTUATOR WHICH WAS $300. SO, JUST A WEEK OF OWNING THIS VEHICLE I AM ALREADY OUT OVER $500. OK, THAT'S FINE. IT IS A USED VEHICLE. BUT NOW, THE ENGINE PROBLEM THAT STARTED WHEN I LEFT THE DEALERSHIP HAS BECOME SO BAD THAT IT IS DANGEROUS TO DRIVE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN THE VEHICLE IS GOING TO STALL OR IF IT WILL GO WHEN YOU PUSH THE GAS. THIS IS NOT GOOD WHEN TRAVELING AND TURNING OR DROPPING YOUR KIDS OFF AT SCHOOL IN THE DROP OFF LINE AND OTHER CHILDREN WALKING IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. SO BACK TO THE GM DEALERSHIP. THEY HAD TO BREAK DOWN THE MOTOR TO FIND THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. IT IS A BAD CAM SHAFT WHICH HAS RUINED SEVERAL INTERNAL PARTS AS WELL. THE COST OF REPAIR IS $3500. LOOKING BACK, WHILE TEST DRIVING THE CAR I ASKED THE SALESMAN WHAT A NOISE WAS COMING FROM THE MOTOR. HE SAID IT WAS A TYPICAL HYBRID NOISE. NOW I KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE. ALSO LOOKING AT THE CARFAX REVEALS A LOT AND THE DEALERSHIP WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. TWO THINGS BOTHER ME ABOUT LANCE CUNNINGHAM FORD...FIRST, I DISCLOSED EVERY PROBLEM TO THE DEALERSHIP ON THE CAR I TRADED AND THEY REDUCED THE VALUE OF MY CAR TO REPAIR THE PROBLEMS. SO, TECHNICALLY, I PAID FOR THOSE REPAIRS. I EXPECTED THE SAME COURTSEY AND HONESTLY IN RETURN BUT THEY LIED AND HID THE PROBLEMS OF THIS TAHOE. SECOND, I CONTACTED THE DEALERSHIP AND CHATTED WITH A REPRESENTIVE LAST WEEK ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS, SHE SAID SHE WAS GOING TO TRANSFER MY COMPLAINT TO HER MANAGER. GUESS WHAT...NOT A WORD FROM THE DEALERSHIP. I DON'T KNOW WHY I EXPECTED ANYTHING BUT SILENCE. TO ME, SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES. IF THEY ARE SILENT, THEY ARE GUILTY. SHAME ON YOU LANCE CUNNINGHAM FORD FOR SELLING A VEHICLE WITH MAJOR PROBLEMS TO A MOTHER OF SIX.

I DON'T REMEMBER THE NAMES

tjf01
4/29/2015

"Fantastic"

I had an a hassle free experience with both Lance Cunningham Ford and their sales reps, John McCarthy and Frank, I had very specific needs and wants in a used Ford Mustang and John and Frank were unwilling to let me settle for anything less than the perfect Mustang for me. They were very flexible with their time, were very involved in the process and willing to help out. John even came to Oak Ridge to pick me up to finalize the contract. This is just a very well ran dealership that understands that the best way to sell is to develop trust among their customers and they do that well. John the credit manager we worked with was also pleasant to work with, he's not overly pushy. As long as you know what you want and what they have to offer, you can work with them to get what is best for you. I will, without hesitation, always make Lance Cunningham my first stop when looking for a new vehicle and recommend anyone in the surrounding area to check them out.My wife and I will be back when it is time to buy a new car it was such a hassle free experience for us.

John McCarthy, Frank, and John the finance Manager

foresbr
4/21/2015

"Wow, what a great experience"

I just had the best car trade experience of my long 61 year long life. I got a great deal. Got the paperwork done and out fast. Thanks a bunch to Lance, Ray, Jonathan and especially to my very excellent sales person Allen Sizemore. What a great team!!!!!! I don't know what the naysayers are talking about. I have had service done here and now my first car buying experience. I have never been to a more accommodating, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff.

Jonathon Pyatt, Lance Cunningham, Allen Sizemore, Raymond Ritter

jmonroe
3/30/2015

"Don't Trust Then at All"

Shame on you Lance Cunningham Ford! I Have bought 2 Trucks from you a 2008 and 2014 and I was having a shimmy problem with the 2014 F-150 and you all did nothing to fix it Linior City Ford Fixed my Truck for you. I have had the Truck to your service department 5 time in 3 mounts for the shimmy to be told it just the road well it was not just the road there was an issue with the tires that your service dept. told me they checked each time it was in there and I took them for a ride and the same thing it's just the road. To think your service dept. never even touched the tires. I was told all four tires were out of balance and the front two tires were egg shape. Just think if I was driving with my 11 year old in the truck and the tires that your service dept. told me were fine give out and we had a crash. SHAME ON YOU AND YOUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

Jessie and Brittany