Lansing Nissan

Elhart Automotive Campus

Garber Nissan Hyundai

Gullible Older Professional Woman
9/15/2016

"Forget "Warranty" if you buy here."

Buying my Nissan in 2015 from Lansing Nissan was a total nightmare! I threatened to contact American Civil Liberties Union., regarding how their Financial Mngr. verbally abused my Salesman & later myself. However, owner, Joe Gilmore stepped in to save the sale. Things went OK, until I went to have recall work done on my Versa console. I was given inaccurate information by Keith, Service Manager,(based on what another Nissan Dealer told me.) Recently, I again contacted the Service Dept. (Keith) regarding Nissan not aligning my back door & stone chips occurring. (Car still had 3,000 miles left on warranty.) Keith denied that it was stone chips. I then showed him a written estimate from a reputable body shop, which listed it as possible warranty work. He then told me that I had to use the body shop that they use & he would contact Nissan & get back with me on Mon. or Tues., which didn't happen for 1 1/2 wks. I did get an estimate from the body shop that Nissan uses, (who stated that they have repaired a lot of those back left doors, that wasn't properly aligned & had stone chips.) Later I was told that it was approved by Nissan, if I used an "In house body shop", which they don't have. I asked where I would then have to go. Keith stated Novi or possibly Jackson or Battle Creek. The other day I was told that by Fox Sales in GR, where I travel 2- 3 days a week (so it's more convenient), that GR Nissan is part of Fox Body Shop, which is in-house. Called my contact person back, Keith, who AGAIN changed his story. I was then told that my car was NOT approved for warranty work & that if I wanted to start that process all over thru GR Nissan, they would have to get the approval & provide the car rental... I now have 900 miles until my ALLEGED WARRANTY expires & have not heard back from Lansing Nissan on their follow-up with GR Nissan. Keep in mind that GR Nissan previously told me that I had to go back to where I bought my car, Lansing Nissan. However, GR Nissan returned my call in about 2hrs. today, while writing this review. If you want a Dealership that is honest with the customer & follows thru with what they say, you might want to go elsewhere.. Lastly, I was told that I shouldn't take my car thru a car wash, if I didn't want the paint job to "feather". Also, previously the Service Dept. told me that they used 1/2 synthetic oil with my oil changes & that's why they were so expensive. (Goodyear told me that Nissan was using regular oil, not synthetic.) P.S. In spite of this, I WAS CONSIDERING buying a used Sentra from them & getting rid of my Versa. After writing this & reliving the service I have received, LESSON LEARNED. That WON'T be happening.

Financial Mngr., Keith, Joe Gilmore. Salesman left before my first oil change. Also, Dennis from GR Nissan.

Jeneyat
5/31/2016

"Worst customer service EVER!"

I am an 18-year old girl who works 3 jobs. This was my first time buying a car from a dealership on my own. My family is all about American cars and we all go through the same guy from Shaheen. I went to Shaheen and didn't find anything I liked that was in my price range ($10,000) so I decided to go check out Nissan although nobody in my family wanted me to buy foreign. I found a 2012 Nissan Rogue that I fell in love with. It was $13,987 which was over my price range but I was willing to buy it because I loved it so much. David was the seller I was working with. I told him I had to go to the bank to get approved for $15,000 so I could buy it. I got approved and it was 10 minutes until Nissan closed so I called David and verbally committed to buying the car for $13,987 the next day since they were about to close, so we came to the agreement. So I get to the dealership the next day and the car is marked for $2,000 more than what David and I agreed on the day before. He told me they marked the car wrong and that they couldn't sell it to me for the price we agreed on the day before. They wouldn't work with me on the price even though we had an agreement on it the day before. I walked out crying. My mom then later called and they told her that the boss who could possibly help us out on the pricing wasn't there but they would talk to him next time he's in and would give us a call. Both my mom and I have called for the past few days and they won't take our calls they just have the receptionist say "sorry, they are both busy and cant take a phone call at the moment". Its sickening how immature and nonprofessional they are.

David & the Sales Manager (didn't get his name)

Dgreenblue
8/12/2014

"Worst Scam Artist Ever!"

I had the misfortune of running across the sales manager at Lansing Nissan. I thought the days of "bait and switch" were over but apparently they are thriving at this dealership. Sticker price on a used vehicle was clearly marked $17,800. The Sales Manager then said he sells two products with all used vehicles (wheel-to-wheel protection, and rust/paint protection) for an additional $800. When I told him I wasn't interested he literally flailed his arms, ran up to the sticker on the window, and shouted "then THIS price is now $18,600". I walked off the lot. This practice is ILLEGAL to say the least - and just sleazy in general. I was never able to catch his name because he never stopped talking. Tall, thin, blonde about 30ish.

mbrighton
6/10/2014

"terrible service...6 months and counting"

I had service done at this dealership. after they performed the service, they took my car out for a test drive and got into an accident. That wasn't the problem as accidents happen. The problem is that it's been 6 months and they still haven't fixed my car from the accident. I eventually had to call the regional service to get them to handle it. I am still waiting for parts and dealer response to get it fixed.

multiple

cONCENTRAT333
9/05/2013

"went to get warranty work done on my new maxima that I..."

went to get warranty work done on my new maxima that I bought at another dealership. The reported owner told me he would not service my car. He was rude and awful and I don't intend to return. STAY WAY

joe gilmour

kat6934
7/21/2012

"Told me the lowest price on a used 2006 was 13,300, but..."

Told me the lowest price on a used 2006 was 13,300, but it was on their website for 11,990. I showed them the price, they apologized. They told me the car had not been in an accident. I kept asking for car fax didn't get it till signing paper work and there was an bad accident. They apologized, I walked away. I question integrity.

Bryan