Larry H. Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City

Internet Sales
Chris Hansen, Finance Manager, Larry H. Miller Super Ford Salt Lake City

Chris Hansen

September 15, 2017

"Find the right sales rep"

- mchao

Looking through these reviews, it appears customers are experiencing a range of service levels at Larry Miller. I can only speak to my buying experience which was excellent, and was with Phil Houpt. I shopped with several other dealers in the SLC area, and Phil was by far the most professional, detail-oriented, and enabling sales rep we came across. He was also the least pushy and invasive. As an example of his "customer-first" attitude, Phil showed us vehicles in inventory, but then noticed a few were missing a key option that had the potential to devalue resale. Given my ignorance on the myriad options available, I most certainly would have missed this. Eventually, with Phil's help on understanding the options available, I was able to compile a "wish list" vehicle which, after an extensive search, he found for me at a reasonable price . The Ford F150 was originally our third choice amongst the competition, but leaped to the front of the pack due to the top-notch reviews, the combination of Costco buying program (highly recommended) and Ford rebate, and Phil. Simply put, Phil was a very positive part of our buying experience, providing trusted advisory throughout.

Philip Houpt

August 26, 2017

"Service dept requests/follow thru"

- Sandy Albion Village

I asked service department to rotate my tires front driver to rear passenger, front passenger to rear driver. The service representative stated that they have done so when I questioned. And that wasn't true. I marked my tires to see if they follow through my request. And they did not. I also feel that the technicians who work with the service writers, spend a lot of time talking, and don't seem to take their job seriously

Service writers. Prefer to not mention names.

August 12, 2017

"Made the best of a horrible situation. "

- EdOG

This review is for Tyler Shupe, who understood where I was coming from and helped me make the best of a bad situation. Prior to entering this dealership, my vehicle had broken down twice in less than 24 hours. Before the last and final breakdown, my vehicle experienced power loss in the middle of the interstate on 3 separate occasions and it was scary as heck. I laughed and cried because I couldn't believe this would be happening to me surrounded by trucks at 80 MPH. My original intent was to drive to California to visit family I hadn't seen since Christmas and I had some time off work I wanted to take advantage of. I knew I needed to do something but didnt know what and now I was held up in beautiful Salt Lake City. Because of my personal driving experience driving the Focus I had purchased at another dealer, I did not want to get back into this vehicle even if it was completely fixed and ready to go; It was hard to let go of the ordeal I experienced. With this in mind, I inquired about purchasing a new vehicle as now safety was my ultimate concern for my own personal comfort. Tyler Shupe, laid it all down for me. He was direct yet personable and sat with me to explain things I did not fully understand. It was my first ever new vehicle purchase and Tyler had the patience and social perceptiveness to see what I needed and wanted in a Focus. My only regret was that I did not roll into this dealership under better circumstances sooner. But on the flip side, had my vehicle not broken down I would not have met Tyler and everyone who assisted me at the dealership. This is a very tough situation for me and one that I'll remember for a long time. A lot of lessons were learned and I am very excited and happy that one of them is that people like Tyler exist and I could not have come out with a new vehicle without his help. Thank you to all at the LHM and a big and hearty thank you to Tyler Shupe; you're the man!

Tyler Shupe