Lexus Of Clearwater

Clearwater, Florida 33761
Lexus Of Clearwater Info

Christine
4/02/2016

"Beware of "Certified Pre-Owned" Claims"

On August 18, 2015, we purchased a “Certified Pre-Owned” Lexus RX350. The vehicle had 10,108 miles. As of March 6, 2016, the vehicle has 15,656 miles, so we have put 5,548 miles on this car in less than 7 months. On March 6, 2016, I had a flat tire (rear driver’s side). We took the car to Tires Plus to have it checked out. We were told that we needed a new tire because I drove with the flat tire which damaged it. We were also told that the two front tires were bad and needed to be replaced and that the remaining rear tire was "questionable". We got several quotes for replacing all four tires, ranging from $750 to over $800. We noticed when getting these quotes that the tires were projected to last from 40,000 to 65,000 miles. This caused us to question why our tires were bad after being driven less than 16,000 miles. This also caused us to wonder if bad tires was the reason for the tire going flat in the first place. My husband called Lexus of Clearwater and spoke with Scott Coyner, Service Director. He explained our concerns regarding the tires. Scott said he needed to inspect the tires and then he would “work with us”. We were due for an oil change so we advised Scott that we would bring the car in for the oil change and tire inspection. We took the car in on March 9, 2016. After inspecting the tires, Scott told us it would cost $1,300 to replace the tires with Michelin tires and do a front end alignment. My husband told Scott that was not “working with us” at all and he informed Scott of the quotes we had gotten for Goodyear tires. Scott then said he would match the quotes we got of $800 for Goodyear tires plus the cost of the front end alignment. My husband reiterated that this was not helping us in any way as we could get Goodyear tires cheaper than that at Sam’s Club. We were expecting at least some type of break based on the fact that we purchased a “Certified Pre-Owned” car with bad tires. However, Scott informed us that was all he could do. So we got out oil change and left the dealership. We realize that tires are not specifically covered by the “Certified Pre-Owned” warranty. However, what does “Certified Pre-Owned” mean? Does the dealership not check the tires before “certifying” a car? Shouldn’t a consumer be able to assume that the tires are good on a “Certified Pre-Owned” car sold by Lexus and that these tires are going to last more than 5,000 miles after leaving the dealership? Needless to say, we are very disappointed with the fact that we were sold a “Certified Pre-Owned” car with bad tires and the dealership is not willing to acknowledge any responsibility for this. We went ahead and had the one tire replaced at Tires Plus. We also had to replace the TPMS Sensor which was bad and may also have contributed to me driving on a flat tire as this should have alerted me that the tire was flat. Not sure if this should have been covered under the warranty, but at this point I don’t want to deal with Lexus anymore. Furthermore, we just found out that when you have an alignment done, it is warrantied for 12 months or 12,000 miles. So, was the alignment not checked as part of the certification process or is it not part of the warranty you are supposed to get with a "certified Pre-Owned" car? Even worse than the response we received from the dealership is the fact that the corporate office never responded to the letter I sent them. So if you are thinking about purchasing a "Certified Pre-Owned" car from Lexus of Clearwater, you might want to have the car inspected by your own mechanic!

Scott Coyner, Service Director

Frustrated with Lexus
2/28/2016

"BEWARE OF MANAGEMENT AND SERVICE AT THIS DEALERSHIP"

I had to bring my car in for repairs fot three separate issues. Each time the issues were incorrectly diagnosed after returning the car for and five times before the problem was fixed. On the lady visit I was told I needed to replace the a/c motors to a tune of $2,000 dollars only to drive it off the lot and the problem was not the a/c st all....It was due to low fluid in one compartment. They promised to refund my $2,000 and that the check was in the mail. it had been two months since then and it has not even been cleared through the manager yet. the service and the management are so unethical. I can't begin to describe the amount of days off work and time spent with numerous problems with this dealership.I never had problems at the Tampa Lexus when I lived in Tampa.

Service Manager Ken

mikede8888
1/17/2016

"Poor Customer Service"

The Management at lexus of Clearwater is unethical and lack honor. Buyer beware I called and asked the General Manager to Call me about my experience with the sales dept He never returned my phone call I was told that auto nation dealerships are the worst they are right.

jackson bender

lovemylexus
1/13/2016

"Another reason I remain a Lexus owner"

I bought a used 2013 Lexus CT200h from Brian Troch. It was New Year's Eve day, and I had an appointment to assess my 1999 RX300 and see if the air conditioner was worth fixing. It wasn't. Even though I had my wonderful RX since it was 7 miles old, it was time to think about a newer car. Brian spent time with me, no pressure, looking at cars on the lot. When I didn't see anything I liked in my price range, and to suit my needs, he and I looked online. He asked if I considered the Lexus hybrid. And he found one at another Lexus location. It was delivered, in mint condition, and I once again became a Lexus owner. Brian didn't try to oversell, and listened and cared about my concerns. Yes, I'm a Lexus snob--because Lexus has earned it. And, Lexus of Clearwater has earned 5 stars because they continue to earn it.

Brian Troch

Wool over my eyes
10/31/2015

"Bad business practices"

I bought a CPO Lexus SUV. I was charged for an insurance package that I did not sign for. Dealer refunded my payment after I discovered this. Finance rep no longer there. Carfax report stated the car had no previous accidents. My insurance company confirmed it was in an accident. I obtained the claim number and damagereport. I complained to manager Tim Raymond who did not want to take any responsibility or make any compensation. Do not believe carfax reports or what this dealer basis their auto information on. I would steer clear of this dealership. They do not care about their customers. Sales and management has high turnover.

Tim Raymond

JA623
10/24/2015

"DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR $!!!!"

Leased a brand new base model IS 250. Was driving last Tuesday, and the air pressure alert failed to notify me in time and a half hour later, the tire ripped almost completely off the rim, leaving me stranded. Convieniently the sales person I leased from never mentioned the existence of a separate tire warranty you need to buy, and he no longer works there. Lexus says they will run diagnostics on the car but not replace the tire (337.00) or any costs associated with replacing it. Also talked to Tampa Bay Lexus, same story. Thank you Lexus, you have just lost the business of 600 people, including family, friends, classmates, and clients of a business I help manage.

Michelle Jones

Lexusowner
7/22/2015

"Excellent, timely service"

Last week at the beginning of a day full of errands, I went to start my car and it wouldn't start. On the third attempt, by some miracle it started and I drove directly to Lexus of Clearwater FL where I have my normal maintenance performed. Mike Aloia was very helpful and able to fit me in and replaced the battery in less than two hours. He checked the records and was able to prorate the cost of the new battery. What a life-saver! I highly recommend Mike Aloia and Lexis of Clearwater FL for your regular and emergency maintenance services.

Mike Aloia

calliew
7/06/2015

"Lon Siegel found my DREAM CAR!"

I couldn't be more happy with the service and car I drove off in! Lon Siegel managed to find my dream car when I wasn't even sure what I wanted. He did an amazing job and if it wasn't for him then I wouldn't have drove off in a new car that day! He made the process so easy and did everything possible to make sure I was satisfied and happy with my purchase!

Lon Siegel

Robomom
3/31/2015

"Two words... John Soldo. Actually, thats a name...."

I had the best car buying experience dealing with John Soldo and his team at Lexus of Clearwater. No question went unanswered, at no time did I feel that he was annoyed at my millions of inquiries and doubtfulness. Instead, I was treated with the utmost respect, and as a woman, that doesn't happen to me often when searching for a car! I am super happy with John and the dealership as a whole, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to my friends and family. I should also state, that I was in contact with a number of other Lexus dealers in New York and New Jersey, but I ended up going out of state because of the price and service. The car was shipped to me and it is better than the photos. Excellent condition and service!

John Soldo

Clint B
3/07/2015

"Great overall experience"

I just purchased a vehicle from Kirk Popwell at Lexus of Clearwater (and traded in my old vehicle) and the entire process was excellent. I spoke with him on the phone several times before coming in and told him my exact expectations with regards to the new vehicle (options, colors, etc.), old vehicle trade value, and pricing out the door. I came in and met with both Kirk and Jerome and the deal they had for me was exactly as we had discussed on the phone. I was very pleased with the entire process and everything went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend them!

Kirk Popwell, Jerome Harris