Lia Toyota of Colonie

Makes: Toyota|Service Center

Average

Lia Toyota of Colonie
Lia Toyota of Colonie Info

"Salesman were unfriendly and when talking to them never..."

Salesman were unfriendly and when talking to them never invited you in there office to try to make a deal with you. Went there once in the summer and 2 weeks ago. We had 2 different sales people and got treated the same way. They had all these 2013 Ravs what we wanted to buy but to me they didn't want to sell them. I would never go back there again. Ended up buying a new Ford Escape that same day from Latham Ford. My wife wanted to kick the salesman's butt from Lia Toyota that's how bad they treat you there.

Don't know there names they never said there names

"The check engine light came on the Matrix car, it only..."

The check engine light came on the Matrix car, it only has 8,000 miles on it. Brought the car to Lia Toyota of Colonie, where the car was purchased. I was told they would need to do a diagnostic test to get the code and it would cost $103.95. When they ran the code they found out that it was the gas cap wasn't on properly so they would discount it to $50.00. I asked to speak to a manager, who never came out to speak to me. The manager, Tom returned our call a few days later as we were unhappy with the amount charged. The manager Tom was mad that his employee only charged us $50.00, he said it should have only been reduced by 10% and that he would deal with him internally. Long story short, if your check engine light comes on do yourself a favor and go to Pep Boys, Auto Zone, or any auto parts store in the area, they will check the code for FREE. Not only do I have a bad taste in my mouth from this rip off, but the managers attitude really left a lot to be desired. If thinking about purchasing a car here, remember it is not just the purchase price that counts, know who and what you are dealing with.

Manager Tom from Service Department

"Had a good experience with this dealer. Went in , saw the..."

Had a good experience with this dealer. Went in , saw the car i wanted and THEY made it happen in an hour. Picked it up 3 hours later!!!

Paul

"I had a 1:15 PM appointment for an inspection and rear..."

I had a 1:15 PM appointment for an inspection and rear windshield wiper replacement. I arrived at 1 PM. My arrival in service bay went unnoticed for a while so I got out and stood up. Then I was noticed and brought inside. Art processed my service request and asked if I was waiting and I replied yes I would wait in waiting area. I read a newspaper and after about an hour I wondered what was taking so long. I noticed there was a steady stream of cars coming in. Later I noticed a monitor with what appeared to be progress of cars being serviced and my name never was displayed. After waiting about two hours I went to ask Art for progress report. He looked on his PC calling up my name. Then went looking for my card. He went to cashier and rifled through papers. Then he repeated everything. I pointed out my car in bay. Finally he said there was some confusion and another customer had paid my bill. He went looking to see if customer had left. Then he called customer and explained mixup. All the while I am waiting while he could have just had me pay my bill and leave. Then again looking through papers at cashier. Finally I was brought to cashier where I paid.

Arthur Palazzolo

"Went to do routine maintenance. This was my first time..."

Went to do routine maintenance. This was my first time here because I had just moved to NY. My new boss recommended this location to me because it's large and organized, unlike the other Toyota dealers in the area. I did go to another Toyota later and he was right, the Lia dealership was bigger, shiner, with a higher amount of traffic, but very organized. They kept my appointment, they were efficient, and everything went fine.

Can't remember

"Appointments have always been easy to keep, the waiting..."

Appointments have always been easy to keep, the waiting area is very accomindating. Staff is knowledgeable and quick with a response to questions.

Vince

"I purchased my car at Lia Toyota last year and had a..."

I purchased my car at Lia Toyota last year and had a great sales person who helped me. I bring my car in for service all the time. The service department is clean, the service people are pleasant and efficient. Being able to relax in the waiting area with a fresh cup of coffee is great. Lia has become the only dealership I will use. Thanks Lia Toyota

Yvette

"This dealership did a superb job in their follow through...."

This dealership did a superb job in their follow through. I'm known to be a bit difficult, to say the least!! Scott never didn't answer a question of mine and was always available to help me!!! Both gentlemen were eager to accommodate me in finding my NEW vehicle! I'm so happy that after the time I've spent searching for the car I wanted, I was able to purchase one here! Wonderful sales and staff, I would recommend this dealership in a heart beat! Thanks for having consideration and customer service that is top notch. Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication to the "customer", I appreciate it! Dana G

Scott (Internet Sales) and Dave (sales)

"Lia Toyota's current management has proven that they are..."

Lia Toyota's current management has proven that they are nothing short of crooks. The deal I was sold when I bought my 2011 Tundra Platinum was 5 free services over the next 25,000 miles that I put on my truck. That was 11 months ago. Today, Michael in the service department explained to me that he did what he could, but the new sales manager Andy Rainone refused to honor the last 2 free services that I PAID FOR with the purchase of my Tundra. This is inexcusable, and completely changes the face of Lia Toyota since Greg was the sales manager. This is an edit to my original post which can be seen below. In my original review, I explained how outstanding it was to deal with Lia Toyota, but since my original review I was forced to edit this review, and give a POOR rating. Adam Santiago, William Morse, and Greg, the sales manager have all left Lia, and I feel that the integrity of the business has suffered since then. --SEE ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW-- Couldn't have asked for more from these guys. Everybody, from start to finish was not only good, but was actually impressive, and they still are today. I literally just left there an hour ago, for routine service. A few months ago Adam Santiago worked a great deal on a Tundra that I didn't even realize was available, and made everything extremely easy, with no pressure to buy, just a deal that NOBODY could pass up. Now, I usually can't stand talking to finance guys, but Jack Izzo was awesome. Easy to understand, up front, and 100% honest. And William Morse is the guy to see about service, no hassle, and doesn't have you standing around, and gets you what you need. Do yourself a favor and stop in to see these guys.

Andy Rainone, Michael (Service)

"Before the new overhaul I had no issues with Lia...."

Before the new overhaul I had no issues with Lia. However, since they got the new showroom service and quality has really gone down. The service representative, Steve, was rude, condescending and patronizing. I've owned my Toyota for four years, I'm very well aware on how it works and doesn't work. Obviously I wouldn't know what exactly to ask for if I didn't. It feels apparent that since I'm a woman I'm automatically classified as the less knowledgeable about my car. Which is not only insulting, it's very, very rude. The only reason I will go to Lia anymore is for necessity. If it's not necessary to fix my car I will not step foot in that building. It's not a pleasant experience at all.

Steve