Lindsay Ford of Wheaton

Wheaton, Maryland 20902
Lindsay Ford of Wheaton Info

charlespotter
8/18/2016

"dealer website--service portal malfunction "

I have been a satisfied customer of this dealership since they took over from Century Ford, i.e., for well over a decade. However, when attempting to use the dealer's website (NOT the "My Ford" company website) to make my most recent periodic maintenance appointment, I encountered some serious malfunctions. This is as much a mystery to my service advisor, John Kernan, as it is to me. In fact, he had to intervene with an override to fix it. Let me explain. After making the appointment (for August 18), I decided to check the factory-recommended service schedule to see if I had overlooked anything. That review resulted in my wanting to add two items--engine coolant and cabin air filter. The Lindsay dealer website has a HyperText link which purports to allow the customer to amend a service request. Well, sorry, but no, it doesn't. I tried four separate times. There's what is supposed to be a free text field where you can enter what you want done. Not so. It's pre-loaded with a very short list of some service items. Only one of those was the cabin air filter (I checked this box). There was no item for the engine coolant. Then, after that, the website suddenly informed me that I couldn't make an appointment at that time. This made no sense, because I wasn't trying to make a new appointment, just amend an existing one. The website then stopped the whole process without making any amendments to my original submission. It did this FOUR TIMES. Even service advisor Kernan could find no record anywhere of any [attempted] changes, so he had to do it himself. This kind of counterproductive IT outcome is extremely counterproductive. It can undo all the other good feeling Lindsay's quality of service and capable employees engender. Surely they would want to fix that, wouldn't they?

John Kernan

Edgesel
8/12/2016

"Great sales team"

The people I worked with at Lindsay were great. Sales and finance worked very hard to make my deal happen. I got the car I wanted at an excellent price.

Lee, Sarah and Bill

lilshadow_540
8/06/2016

"best dealer "

I will recommend this dealer to anybody they work with you also they will try there very best to get you in the car you want best dealer ever

Ludwing Arana

lusack
7/11/2016

"Bait & Switch"

Unethical beyond belief. First, the advertised price of the car was inaccurate...right off the bat, the car was $1,000 more than advertised (no mention on internet that price included military & college student discounts). If that wasn't bad enough, they tried to tack on a "reconditioning fee" of almost $1,000. Then it got worse when the salesman, Francisco, blamed the state of PA for requiring the vehicle be taxed AFTER all of the phony add-ons (so wrong!!!). So happy we walked out when we did. We now have a brand new Nissan for the same monthly payment they were trying to con us into! Do not buy from this dealer!

Francisco

Keyman
7/09/2016

"Pleasant"

I would like to start by saying not once was I pressured to purchase a vehicle. Conversations were about my family and I. I was asked which vehicle I was interested in .and the experience ended up being to my liking. I was helped initially by an intriguing young man,David Tep. I can honestly say I may not have purchased a vehicle there if I had not engaged David in conversation. This young can be an asset to the company. He show a willingness to learn. Good job David.

David Tep, Sarah,Mike and Monty.

Bob - new Explorer fan!
7/03/2016

"Exceptional customer care through the sales process"

We had come to realize we really wanted a Ford Explorer and had landed on the core things we needed in the care as well as the color. In our search to find the perfect car for us - we spoke with and visited several dealers. We were ultimately led to Lindsay Ford because of the way they worked with us to find the best deal and ultimately to find the exact car we were looking for. Sarah Byrd was outstanding in her support in this whole process! I appreciate her going to bat for us to get the cost in the zone we could afford. She went the extra mile to even help us find a part that we needed to make the trip we were taking that night! We greatly appreciate the whole sales and service team that we got to work with. Lee was great in helping us in the purchasing process and Miles was really helpful as we finalized the paperwork. Kudos as well for Cammeron Mayberry who help us with understanding the technology on the car - he was a great help. We would highly recommend the Lindsay team to you. We are thankful for the way they helped us find our dream car! We look forward to working with them in the future.

Sarah Byrd, Lee Abdulle, Miles

LovelyLainee
6/14/2016

"Simply the best"

Thanks to Lindsay Ford for providing me with a great car buying experience (again!). Having just recently totaled my car, I was nervous about another purchase. But Bill and Sarah were so helpful and understanding.

Bill Godley and Sarah Byrd

dcwatkins
6/06/2016

"Deceptive, Pushy, and Rude"

They do not say what they mean, nor do they do what they say. Every moment you are there, when you aren't being ignored completely, is filled with bullying tactics to try and push you into buying a car. People were openly rude, a lack of knowledge among many of the staff, and nothing was straightforward. The price seems the best, but with hidden fees, undisclosed charges, and them scribbling illegibly on scraps of paper, you cannot help but feel a bitter dislike for such an unprofessional and dishonest seeming place. I was treated more poorly than any experience I've ever had in my life. But, if it's a great product at a great price I am willing most of the time to swallow discontent at rudeness. But it is not. They will add costs, change numbers, and become angry when you express discontent at the way they are operating (instead of changing or reigning it in some). Please do not go here. It is absolutely not worth it in any way.

Sarah Byrd, Monty Harika, Mike Traish

andre berman
5/23/2016

"Refunds"

Was promised 2 refunds. Received one but NOT the second. 2 months later the manager still has not issued me refund....NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

Manager of LInday Ford

Jsaguero
5/20/2016

"Great customer service "

So I took my car to get serviced and I believe her name was Ashley took good care of me and was able to provide all the answers that I needed so I'm very pleased and I will be coming back again to get my car serviced here again

Ashley