Lindsay Ford of Wheaton

Wheaton, Maryland 20902
Lindsay Ford of Wheaton Info

busted
2/08/2016

"An employee who shines brightly at Lindsay"

One bright spot in my experience of buying a new truck at Lindsay was getting to know one of the salesmen with whom I worked. The young man is Mike Guardado, and he gave me terrific service. He knows the technicals of the vehicles like the back of his hand and he's pleased to pass that knowledge on to you. IMO he will protect you as well as he can from management, whose intentions are not always good. Also the process of buying a car inevitably involves a lot of sitting around and waiting, and Mike is a great guy to sit around and shoot the breeze with while you're waiting. If you go to Lindsay, you can't do any better than make an appointment with Mike before you go.

Mike Guardado

dld2495
2/06/2016

"Great Experience!!"

I drove over four hours from my home to buy a very special car from Lindsay's PreOwned Super Store. It was a once in a lifetime, beautiful car. I was able to do all negotiations over the internet and phone. It took a few days, but it turned out to be a very good deal. I received a very good value for my car the paid a very fair price for the sale car. When we arrived, everyone was so helpful and friendly. We first stopped at the Ford dealership and the folks there were so helpful in getting us to the proper place. All the paperwork was in order. I took the car for a ride, they checked out my trade and within two hours we were on our way. It was probably the easiest car purchase I have ever done and believe me, there have been many! We have great credit and were willing to negotiate. It made for a really stressful deal from beginning to end. I absolutely love my car and would definitely recommend this dealership if you are looking for a great car! Ask for Luis! His is just amazing!!

Abe and Luis

lcook
2/06/2016

"Chris is you guy!!"

From the moment we spoke to him on the phone to ask if the car we were interested in was still available until the second I drove off the lot, Chris Palmer was by our side the whole time. Fast, friendly, helpful, and what I loved most - knowledgeable! He was so incredibly easy to talk to and very easy going. What I appreciated most is that he didn't drag the buying process. He was walking as fast as he could getting paperwork, making copies, etc, etc. It was so great doing business with him! This wasn't our first time buying a car, so we already expected what previous experience has taught us - sit at the dealership for hours, have about five folks approach you to give you additional sales pitches - not the case here. We were IN and OUT in less than 2 1/2 hours, which was awesome! In general, when we approached the dealership, I wasn't attacked by a million sales representatives. It was a very comfortable and relaxed environment. Nobody pushed you into buying anything, which was SO nice! We were greeted, everyone one was SUPER nice, and customer service was great! Lindsay Ford (and Chris Palmer), thank you for making my first experience with Ford a VERY positive one!!

Chris Palmer

Brandon
2/03/2016

"Gave us A great deal for a great price"

Went to this dealer to look at a great deal on a used vehicle, customer service was great. We were greeted at the door and almost immediately assisted. After a few discussions and a test drive we ended up getting an even better deal than anticipated. They really looked out for us and tried there best to give us the best deal possible. I would definitely recommend this dealer to anyone looking for there next car.

Maribel Rosales

Alex
1/30/2016

"Buying from Reggie was straight forward and easy. "

Service was the worst ever but that is the norm for Lindsay. Cigarette lighter did not work. Could not charge phone . Had to bring it back. Floor mats were at new car lot but when I went to get them they were at the used car lot. Door lock code not furnished and the service department is totally useless. Have to go to another dealer to get it done. Because it is a Certified vehicle if the key is accidently left in vehicle because we do not have code roadside will cost Ford. A five minute procedure that Lindsay service cannot do. I once needed a thermostat for my Windstar which Lindsay tried to charge me $35.00 for a $7.00 item. The only reason we bought the vehicle from Lindsay was the wife liked the vehicle. Had a friend put down $100 deposit on a new car which was sold to some one else and took forever to get his deposit back. He told me stay away from Lindsay. Buying was straight forward and the finance guy was very helpful and easy to deal with. The service people destroyed an otherwise good buying experience.

Reggie Mack, Finance Guy

Walter
1/29/2016

"Friendly and helpful"

Great people, always willing to work for you. Always in the loop of what numbers are in the price and a good explanation. Great place

maribel rosales

caroleena5
1/27/2016

"Online price is not real"

We ended up here because we were using a car buying service that guarantees transparent pricing. We went through the entire process, and in the final stages we were given a number that was a thousand dollars more than the agreed upon price. It was the classic case of posting low prices to get people in the door, then using unethical, shady means of tricking the customer. When we refused to pay the extra money, the manager, Mike Traish got involved. He was nasty to us. Beyond nasty, using mean language and telling us (in different words) that if we didn't like it, we could take our business somewhere else. We were in disbelief over how rudely we were treated. We will never give this dealership our business, and I would strongly advise others to stay away and not be fooled by the prices on the internet.

Mike Traish/Van Lewis (Van was nice...Mike was HORRIBLE)

Dee
1/17/2016

"Used lot- Scammers"

Stay away they lure you in with normal pricing then add thousands of dollars to end price! Trying to sell BMW now listed at 23,900! End price is really 27,000 before tax and title- Crazy!

Mike/Yssir/ and obnoxious heavy breathing finance guy

ISOaGoodUsedCar
1/15/2016

"Online price not really the price"

Disappointing experience trying to buy a used car at Lindsay. To the advertised price they not only add on a "dealer documentation fee" of $365 (not $300 as listed in Lindsay's fine print online) but also a "vehicle preparation fee" of $995. When the salesman started to write up the contract, he simply added the $995 to the price of the car, which means the buyer pays sales tax on it. It all seemed very deceptive to me. What a dealer does to get a car ready to sell should be included in the price, not in an add-on fee. On the positive side, they did allow me to take the car to my mechanic for an inspection. That's why I gave them two stars rather than one.

Francisco

masta13
12/23/2015

"Bad customer service"

Customer service is really bad not sure what is the issue but they need to resolve this issue if they want to be a good dealer I bought a SUV from them on February, but I don't think I will ever get back to service or buy a new one. Not the friendlies dealer a real shame

Service Department