Lindsay Ford of Wheaton

Lindsay Ford of Wheaton Info

marcsmith67
9/26/2016

"Excellent Service!"

I really enjoyed my dealings with Mr. Avan Harris at Lindsay Ford. He was very patient and professional. He had lined up a few vehicles to show me and then showed me the gem that was hidden among the rest! I am very pleased with my purchase and his professionalism. The financial officer Ms Giron was also pleasant to deal with and made me feel very welcome at Lindsay Ford. I will definitely recommend Lindsay Ford to my friends!

Avan Harris, Dilia Giron

Mci1109
9/21/2016

"The worst experience of 2016"

I leased a vehicle on April 17, 2016. The worst decision that I have ever made. A friend recommended this dealership to me. I now question his judgement. I will say it starts at the top. If you have a issue with the service or issues in general. Whatever you do, do not place a call to the General Manager, Mike Engel. He will not return any of your calls or messages. Instead he will have a team of people to return your calls and not address the issues or concerns. It is an absolute disgrace how this dealership is being ran. Every person employed there has one consistent trait, (PASS THE BUCK, I DON'T KNOW WHATS GOING ON). ETC............For me, this is just the beginning. I wil be sharing my experience as long as it takes, to ensure no other family will be subjected to this horrific experience!

Ayanle Abdullahi
Sarah Byrd

evandj93
9/14/2016

"Terrible Dealership & Service Center"

Avoid This Ford Dealership and their Service Center! This all took place in late July - August 2016. My friend is regrettably having to deal with Lindsay Ford and their service center as of September 2016. A friend recently purchased a vehicle here last month and originally said it was a good experience. He referred me a Bruce, a salesperson here at Lindsay Ford. (This all changed for him, I'll explain further down) After some communication with Bruce, I agreed to come in and look at a vehicle. After driving an hour to get to this dealership, I ended up having to wait over an hour just to meet with Bruce (even though he knew what time I would be there). During this hour of waiting, I noticed another couple was looking at the same vehicle I was interested in. This did not bug me as much simply because I don't expect a dealership to necessarily put a hold on a car just because somebody is coming out to look at it. However, after two hours (keep in mind I have not personally seen the vehicle yet) I am told that the vehicle has a flat tire (keep in mind this is a brand new vehicle) and Bruce asked if I still wanted to see the vehicle. I told him yes, and he informed me I'd have to wait awhile for the service center to fix the tire. Thirty minutes later, the vehicle finally pulls up. (I'm a very patient individual, mainly because I figured the dealership would compensate for this terrible experience when it came time for negotiation.) The flat tire has been fixed but the car has leaves, dirt, and light scratches all over it. Also, the rear taillights are half filled with water! I take the car for a test drive assuming they will lower the price a bit since it has all these problems. Instead of lowering the price, we spend an hour going back and forth getting nowhere. Apparently they don't see any issues with the scratches and water in the tail light. I ended up going to Apple Ford and was treated 10x better and got the deal I was looking for! Plus, Apple Ford has more benefits when you buy a car from them, check them out. ALSO, the friend that referred me to this place is now filled with regret. The car he bought from them had to be brought back for maintenance because of defects with the rear passenger window and rear view window. When he went to pick up the vehicle, not only was the problem not fixed, but there was a scratch on his car. Lindsay Ford offered to fix this, but my friend requested they pay for another place to fix the car and the scratch. Message to Lindsay Ford: When a customer says he is coming in to view a vehicle, get the car ready. Wash it, make sure there isn't a flat, and ensure there are no visible defects! If there are, expect to lower the price or not make a sale! Take better care of your cars while they are sitting in the lot waiting to be purchased. Provide better training to your sales associates.

Bruce

Mamoj
9/02/2016

"Working on it"

I just got a call. Finally thing seems like working, the new salesperson is trying to fix the issue. will provide my feedback later on. Once deal is finalized and done.

Troy Toliver

charlespotter
8/18/2016

"dealer website--service portal malfunction "

I have been a satisfied customer of this dealership since they took over from Century Ford, i.e., for well over a decade. However, when attempting to use the dealer's website (NOT the "My Ford" company website) to make my most recent periodic maintenance appointment, I encountered some serious malfunctions. This is as much a mystery to my service advisor, John Kernan, as it is to me. In fact, he had to intervene with an override to fix it. Let me explain. After making the appointment (for August 18), I decided to check the factory-recommended service schedule to see if I had overlooked anything. That review resulted in my wanting to add two items--engine coolant and cabin air filter. The Lindsay dealer website has a HyperText link which purports to allow the customer to amend a service request. Well, sorry, but no, it doesn't. I tried four separate times. There's what is supposed to be a free text field where you can enter what you want done. Not so. It's pre-loaded with a very short list of some service items. Only one of those was the cabin air filter (I checked this box). There was no item for the engine coolant. Then, after that, the website suddenly informed me that I couldn't make an appointment at that time. This made no sense, because I wasn't trying to make a new appointment, just amend an existing one. The website then stopped the whole process without making any amendments to my original submission. It did this FOUR TIMES. Even service advisor Kernan could find no record anywhere of any [attempted] changes, so he had to do it himself. This kind of counterproductive IT outcome is extremely counterproductive. It can undo all the other good feeling Lindsay's quality of service and capable employees engender. Surely they would want to fix that, wouldn't they?

John Kernan

Edgesel
8/12/2016

"Great sales team"

The people I worked with at Lindsay were great. Sales and finance worked very hard to make my deal happen. I got the car I wanted at an excellent price.

Lee, Sarah and Bill

lilshadow_540
8/06/2016

"best dealer "

I will recommend this dealer to anybody they work with you also they will try there very best to get you in the car you want best dealer ever

Ludwing Arana

lusack
7/11/2016

"Bait & Switch"

Unethical beyond belief. First, the advertised price of the car was inaccurate...right off the bat, the car was $1,000 more than advertised (no mention on internet that price included military & college student discounts). If that wasn't bad enough, they tried to tack on a "reconditioning fee" of almost $1,000. Then it got worse when the salesman, Francisco, blamed the state of PA for requiring the vehicle be taxed AFTER all of the phony add-ons (so wrong!!!). So happy we walked out when we did. We now have a brand new Nissan for the same monthly payment they were trying to con us into! Do not buy from this dealer!

Francisco

Keyman
7/09/2016

"Pleasant"

I would like to start by saying not once was I pressured to purchase a vehicle. Conversations were about my family and I. I was asked which vehicle I was interested in .and the experience ended up being to my liking. I was helped initially by an intriguing young man,David Tep. I can honestly say I may not have purchased a vehicle there if I had not engaged David in conversation. This young can be an asset to the company. He show a willingness to learn. Good job David.

David Tep, Sarah,Mike and Monty.

Bob - new Explorer fan!
7/03/2016

"Exceptional customer care through the sales process"

We had come to realize we really wanted a Ford Explorer and had landed on the core things we needed in the care as well as the color. In our search to find the perfect car for us - we spoke with and visited several dealers. We were ultimately led to Lindsay Ford because of the way they worked with us to find the best deal and ultimately to find the exact car we were looking for. Sarah Byrd was outstanding in her support in this whole process! I appreciate her going to bat for us to get the cost in the zone we could afford. She went the extra mile to even help us find a part that we needed to make the trip we were taking that night! We greatly appreciate the whole sales and service team that we got to work with. Lee was great in helping us in the purchasing process and Miles was really helpful as we finalized the paperwork. Kudos as well for Cammeron Mayberry who help us with understanding the technology on the car - he was a great help. We would highly recommend the Lindsay team to you. We are thankful for the way they helped us find our dream car! We look forward to working with them in the future.

Sarah Byrd, Lee Abdulle, Miles