Long Family Auto Center

North East Auto Credit

LaFontaine Auto

CCharles
1/20/2012

"I got into an accident and had it towed to Long Family..."

I got into an accident and had it towed to Long Family Auto Center, which was recommended by my insurance company. Don, the body shop manager, was really helpful and walked me through the process. He even got me a deal on a rental from Enterprise, since I didn't have coverage for a rental. Unfortunately, my car was totalled. Long Auto has many cars for sale. I was afraid that I would have to get something older or really cheap because my credit isnt the best, but Marvin in sales got me an amazing deal on a 2008 and got me financed too. They had no problems getting me a loan and a great car. I have since sent my sister and my best friend to Long Family Auto Center and would recommend anyone to them for everything car related. Thanks Marvin for all your help (and the referral checks before Christmas really helped out! Thanks)

Don and Marvin

CSmith
2/24/2009

"I first went to www.allongford.com and found the vehicle..."

I first went to www.allongford.com and found the vehicle that was perfect for me... I entered a quote request and the folks from Al Long Ford called me back.. I was driving my new car in hours! They walked me through the process. I hear they are now www.longfamilyauto.com but no matter what the name Al Long Ford / Long Family Auto Center is getting my future business.

Beverly and James

McBurney
4/14/2004

"I had my 96 F-250 Power Stroke Diesel, which had a little..."

I had my 96 F-250 Power Stroke Diesel, which had a little over 100,000 miles, towed to Al Long Ford for service in Dec '03 following a break-down on the freeway. After inspection, the service dept said the fuel injectors blew in #3 & 5 cylinders but assured me there was no internal engine damage or loss of compression. I picked up my truck about 1 wk later; pd my bill of $1300; again was told no internal engine damage, but that it may continue to smoke due to fuel getting into the exhaust. At approx 250 miles later, I called Al Long Ford Service Dept due to continued smoking; was told to continue to drive it -- that possibly the fuel in the exhaust had not yet burned off. Towards end of Jan '04, I called Al Long Ford again due to continued smoke from exhaust and was advsd to bring the truck back in. This was less than than 500 miles later and less than 1 month from the 1st service date, and I was now told that I needed a new engine due to compression loss in #5 cylinder; estimated cost of $8,000+ for used engine and 11,000+ for new engine. I had my truck towed to another Ford dealer for a 2nd opinion. Tthey confirmed that a new engine was needed; that the #5 cylinder wall was scored & there was compression loss. This was at a cost of approx $2000 to tear down the engine and put it back together since I cannot afford another engine. Al Long Ford has refused to accept any liability. I do not believe my truck was checked or fixed properly the 1st time; I am told that most likely particles from the fuel injector were left in the #5 cylinder which scored the walls and ruined the engine.

Service Mang. and Vice President